PDA

View Full Version : Account Question

fronebullare
Jul 19, 2007, 02:22 AM
I'll be canceling my subscription for a long long while(until AoI).Will my chars be deleted after a certain amount of time or do they stay until I renew my subscription? I've looked at the FAQs on the site but it doesn't give a straight-forward answer.

beatrixkiddo
Jul 19, 2007, 02:29 AM
idklol

fronebullare
Jul 19, 2007, 02:47 AM
>_> why did u post then...

Isabella
Jul 19, 2007, 02:49 AM
Manaseksi <3
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_sheep.gif

Sio
Jul 19, 2007, 02:59 AM
Supposedly after 3 months of having an inactive account your characters will be deleted. Though I don't see why, our ps2/pc community barely has enough characters to fill one universe let alone over load their character file banks hehe

fronebullare
Jul 19, 2007, 10:08 AM
Three months huh...is that just what ppl think or has someone actually had their chars deleted. Hi Mimi http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

CelestialBlade
Jul 19, 2007, 10:09 AM
I've never, ever heard of anyone's characters being deleted due to inactivity, but I guess it is possible. I haven't seen anything confirmed, though.

Emrald
Jul 19, 2007, 10:13 AM
I've had friends who've been gone for a year and then came back and still had their characters

amtalx
Jul 19, 2007, 10:23 AM
On 2007-07-19 08:13, Emrald wrote:
I've had friends who've been gone for a year and then came back and still had their characters

I call high bullsheet on this one. PSU hasn't even been out a year. Maybe with another game though...

mrlion
Jul 19, 2007, 10:28 AM
I'll answer...I recently bought my subscription and it says on the agreement that after 3 months of inactivity your characters will be deleted, sure it doesn't make sense because we barely get more than 600 people...but they get 6000 dollars a month from us and for a corporation that is very little and maintenance is pretty expensive.

CelestialBlade
Jul 20, 2007, 02:07 PM
I guess they anticipated a higher user volume when they first released the game, and therefore wanted to keep server space usage to a minimum. And we did use to have a much higher population on the PC/PS2 side, before that weird mass-exodus of people to god knows where.

Niered
Jul 20, 2007, 02:34 PM
On 2007-07-19 08:28, mrlion wrote:
I'll answer...I recently bought my subscription and it says on the agreement that after 3 months of inactivity your characters will be deleted, sure it doesn't make sense because we barely get more than 600 people...but they get 6000 dollars a month from us and for a corporation that is very little and maintenance is pretty expensive.

Maintenance isnt exactly cheap, but character save files are. Character information is generally very small, ranging in kilobytes. That 3 months thing is the minimum they'll keep your character, not the maximum. If we had a huge community, then I'd be worried, but we dont so I'd say your safe to be gone for at least 6 months before you run into any trouble.

RappyRobot
Jul 20, 2007, 02:44 PM
from what I was told and I quote "the charcters will stay on the server for as long long as there is an active official server for this game" from a very reliable source

Wallin
Jul 20, 2007, 03:08 PM
I quit over six months ago and just came back a couple weeks ago, so as far as I know, they're not deleting characters.

At least that's one thing that Sega did right - FFXI not only deletes your characters, but also your serial numbers after 3 months of being inactive, so you have to go out and buy a brand new copy of the game. S-E FTL. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif