PDA

View Full Version : Hoping for a little help...

KlypticZero
Jul 19, 2007, 12:43 PM
Im a huge PS fan and just started playing recently. My only gripe is how much more important money is this time around. I loved PSO for its casual playstyle and I was of course much younger when I played and had more free time. Basically what im asking is if anyone of the people here who have been playing for quite some time could maybe help me out with some starting cash. I dont have nearly enough time to play and when I do I dont feel as satisfied with an hour or 2 as I would have with PSO. So any help would be greatly appreciated.

JAFO22000
Jul 19, 2007, 12:45 PM
PC/PS2 or 360?

KlypticZero
Jul 19, 2007, 12:48 PM
Oh im sorry, didnt specify that. Im on the PC.

JAFO22000
Jul 19, 2007, 12:58 PM
No problem. I'm on the 360, but I'm sure those on the PC/PS2 version will help you or give you advice on how to make money quickly.

RedMussel
Jul 19, 2007, 01:02 PM
When your starting you relly dont need that much money anyway's.

Miyoko
Jul 19, 2007, 01:09 PM
I've got various random 1-3*'s hanging around in my banks I could let you have. It's a start, isn't it? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

KlypticZero
Jul 19, 2007, 01:17 PM
It would be I guess. But is there anyone who would be willing to let me have I dunno... 100-150k? From what I see people selling stuff for it doesnt seem like much to ask for. This will help me be able to get better spells and skills to lvl. Anyone? Pretty please? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

CelestialBlade
Jul 19, 2007, 02:23 PM
Welcome aboard, hope you enjoy the community and the game.

This thread has some good tips to making some money, so give it a look: http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=136825&forum=22&18

mrlion
Jul 19, 2007, 02:41 PM
wait a minute...why are you asking for that much money? When I started I didn't ask for money, its bad when you just started and ask for money just so you know...

eightball
Jul 19, 2007, 02:49 PM
the fun of the game is building your character money and all, you should take the advice of the other players and just do the best you can

Dragwind
Jul 19, 2007, 03:01 PM
Money should be easier to obtain now anyways. Just doing a couple of runs a day nets you some decent reward money. Also, don't waste meseta on un-needed things.

mrlion
Jul 19, 2007, 03:58 PM
On all online games when I invite my friends to the game and say that they can't get stuff and money...I always tell them the ultimate solution...the only way to get what you want is to play alot...that's it...no, not to login at the lobby and chat all day and then complaining that you don't get stuff, I'm not saying chatting is bad but 10 dollars a month just to chat when you could chat somewhere else for free? yeah...

So in summary, the only way to get drops and money is to play alot. It really saddens me though is that people want S-Rank stuff or high end stuff right away...heh playing for only 3 months with a level 50 character won't get your stuff, in this game since droprates are off the charts, I focus more on leveling and meseta than high-end equipment, just buy what the shops have to offer and then at the end game THEN I find the stuff I want.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mrlion on 2007-07-19 14:00 ]</font>

Sinue_v2
Jul 19, 2007, 05:27 PM
Pro-Tip: If you're having trouble getting starting money for the first few levels, you need to find another solution to your problem. The first few levels are an anthill compared to the cost of what you'll need to be outfitted well in the later levels.

In the early levels, it's easy to make money now. Find a competent team to tag along with on the "Her Secret Mission" quest at the Neudaiz Guardian branch. You can make 10,000 meseta in under 15 mins for getting an S-Rank. Even a C-Rank reward of 2,500 is nothing to scoff at, at your level.

Just do a few runs to learn where the switches you're supposed to hit, and the hidden samples are at - and then tag enemies for easy XP while staying pretty much distant from them. Make it your job to grab samples quickly so the others can focus on combat and keeping the mission moving. I've run with a few lvl 1's who did this and they seemed to get along just fine.