PDA

View Full Version : What Class of Characters do you prefer in your Party

Orin654
Jul 19, 2007, 01:49 PM
1. Protranser:
First and Foremost, Someone that can use trap is invaluable on alot of missions where enemies have an insane amout of HP.

2.Forte Gunner

If a Protranser isnt available Id take a ForteGunner because they can use all of the traps,

3. Fighgunner

Same as above. A shame they cannot use Virus G traps tho.

4. ForteFighter

Your gonna need a meat tank while the forces are spell casting and the rangers are sniping

5. ForteTecher

Good for buffs, heal, and they do a crazy amount to damage.

42 Guntecher. ....youve got traps, but once you run out..meh

3648347. Wartecher: GTFO, no one needs your low lvl techs and weak ass attackes EVER. WHAT WERE YOU THINKING!!! WHAT YER A CAST TOO!!!!

(Note I do not say this when online, its a free country and anyone can join my party, even a whole team full of guntechers and Wartechers.

Akaimizu
Jul 19, 2007, 01:55 PM
Play with Tynselle and you'll change your mind there on number 42.

eightball
Jul 19, 2007, 02:00 PM
Fortetechers are a must in a party they do a lot of damage to some creatures most others can't damage..and resta is amazing for a party...i agree traps are great but i would say that they make protransers great...se makes fortegunners really good...and a lack of weaknesses(ie. the ability to use guns and melee weapons) make fighgunners really good

SuperChoco
Jul 19, 2007, 02:02 PM
The list would be from top to bottom:
Fortetecher
Protranser(the ones that use traps)
Figunner
Fortefighter
Guntecher
Wartecher
Protranser(the ones that dont use traps)

Finae
Jul 19, 2007, 02:12 PM
Eh, I guess I'll jump in on this......

The below are for when I play on my fortetecher

5x fortefighters - Let them be beast too. I await the day to have 5 nanoblasting beasts in a party and I'm the only FT. And let it be a difficult mission. Makes the game that more fun.
5x fortetechers - Don't have to care about buffing or healing. 6x fortetechers are like 6x renkai spamming fortefighters. Mobs die fast and painful.
5x fortegunners - Don't like this combo. They are all spread out so buffing them is a pain.

Oh do you want individual breakdown?

1. Fortefighter
I won't join the party unless there is a meat shield. Prefer it to be a beast as humans are panzy FFs.

2. Fighgunner
Don't like fighgunners in party anymore. All are panzies. Can't take a hit at all. Some are double saber happy and spam tornado dance. Most don't use trap anyways. The ones that do are good in my eyes for doing so though.

3. Fortegunner
If its a mission where a FG is needed for faster completion, I won't join a party w/o one. I hate ranged classes, but they do some great damage. Therefore, they are necessary.

4. Protranser
You're like fighgunners. Panzies (esp newman PT), but your traps are the only reason why I like you.

5. Fortetecher
FTs are always welcomed. More than 1 too. If I'm playing a FT, I know I got a backup. If I'm playing as a melee, I don't care. I buff and use mates myself anyways. If I get one of those Fts that are full support and I'm on my FT, I go in all out nuke mode. Quite fun not having to worry about your party when the support FT is doing it all http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif.

I hate the FTs who don't heal themselves. I won't name any names, but I get annoyed when I have to cure you constantly when you can do it your damn self.

6. Wartecher/guntecher
Eh, don't care for you much. I hate the ones who like to overwrite my buffs. Other than that, you're a liability for me if I'm playing as a FT. Gotta worry about you like the panzy fighgunner/protransers. But that only applies to guntecher. Most wartechers will use resta.

As you can see, I prefer fortefighters and fortegunners the most. Trying to keep you alive is the most fun. I also have extreme hate for humans since 99% of fortefighters/fighgunners/etc are all humans lol. I won't say casts are rare, but beasts sure are. Everytime I join parties, its like : H, H, H, C, C. I want a : B, B, B, B, B one.

Rashiid
Jul 19, 2007, 02:15 PM
Fortegunners/Guntechs.

fellow Techers.

then idc.

anything but figunners.

Packrat
Jul 19, 2007, 03:33 PM
"Bad" Fighgunners and Fortefighters are my least preferable classes in parties. The ones that spam blow away PAs on large mobs just as the techers and trappers are going to do their thing. I particularly dislike FGs that don't use traps ever, even when needed..

Nani-chan
Jul 19, 2007, 03:39 PM
Force/Hunter/Ranger aren't on the list! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

chibiLegolas
Jul 19, 2007, 03:42 PM
I prefer ALL types. (yea, lazy answer...) lol.
All I ask for is for them to be compotent and varied in their roles. Especially hybrid types.

Mystil
Jul 19, 2007, 03:45 PM
I don't care what class is in my party.

Mayu
Jul 19, 2007, 03:45 PM
Everything

But a fg spamming tornado dance to a small group of mobs http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

VanHalen
Jul 19, 2007, 04:06 PM
I don't care what class or race I have in my party. As long as the mission is done. *Thinks back to that epic Train Rescue mission with 4 Fighgunners and 2 Fortefighter* I loved that day.

Garnet_Moon
Jul 19, 2007, 04:12 PM
Fortetecher: Dedicated Healer
Fortetecher: Dedicated Buffer
Fortetecher: Dedicated Debuffer
Fortetecher: Dedicated Face Melter
Fortetecher: Dedicated Mobile Hydrogen Bomb
Fortefighter: Dedicated Decoy Boy to funnel everything for us to kill.

-Crokar-
Jul 19, 2007, 04:14 PM
3 fortegunners,1 fortetecher 1 fighgunner and 1 fortefighter.

we need meat sheilds people

ljkkjlcm9
Jul 19, 2007, 04:21 PM
I want to play with friends, I don't care at all how good they are, or what class they are.

And I hate silent games, I don't care how good you are if you never say anything. I might as well play with drones in a silent party.

THE JACKEL

Aralia
Jul 19, 2007, 04:47 PM
My optimal party for effectiveness-

1 PT
2 FG
2 fG
1 fT
1 WT/GT/fF

My ideal party-

Anyone who isn't a dumbass and can play their class decent enough to not suck.
Don't gotta play well, don't gotta be ZOMG DPS!!!!1!!!, but you gotta not suck to the point of nausea.

Also, I'd like to know why people hate on WT, GT, and PT so much... it doesn't make sense...
-GT is just like a fG without virus traps, big whoop... burn is better anyway.
-WT is amazing, mixture of melee and techs, who cares if they're not hitting for crazy ammounts, at least I got a medic on the front lines when it's too nasty for me to go in as a fT, and if I'm anything else, great.. they can resta me if I'm close enough... if not, that's why I have mates.
-PT, if you're hatin' on PT, GTFO. Traps, melee, and range.. to a higher degree than FG, they have more hp, and critical hit more often. Why aren't they seen as more powerful than an ant facing a bulldozer?

ashley50
Jul 19, 2007, 04:53 PM
On 2007-07-19 14:12, Garnet_Moon wrote:

I like that answer http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ashley50 on 2007-07-19 14:54 ]</font>

pionear
Jul 19, 2007, 05:37 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gifYeah, A WT who heals on the regular isn't that bad.

But yeah, I think most ppl would like the opposite of their character class (FF/FG with Techers, Techers with FF/FG) to party with.

jgar000
Jul 19, 2007, 05:54 PM
seriously when u have all FG its going to be awful, so im going with FF with power and FT to keep everybody healed.

Rayokarna
Jul 19, 2007, 06:22 PM
I in my party, I would like anyone that heals really. It allows us PTs do be a bit more reckless, which usually makes our games fun. It's hard to go out all guns blazing sometimes but I guess thats what we have mates and traps for.

But then again, having a party of 6 random classes is extreamly fun. All chaos and mayhem breaks loose and thats when lag kicks in, lol.

Jaspaller
Jul 19, 2007, 06:25 PM
As long as people know what they're doing, I could care less what class they play.

Zael
Jul 19, 2007, 06:27 PM
My optimal party would be 4 Fortegunners, 1 Fortefighter, and 1 Fortetecher.

jgar000
Jul 19, 2007, 06:28 PM
ok if u dont agree with this then u dont know what your talking about, a guntecher can only use techs upt to 10! wow that is awful you dont even get to 11 to get the next combo. and the support is a joke a monomate heal. idk what anybody else thinks but wow why would u ever want to be a guntecher

Jaspaller
Jul 19, 2007, 06:29 PM
Resta is better than no resta

Shiryuu
Jul 19, 2007, 06:31 PM
5 Fighgunners to spam tornado dance
1 Fortetecher to spam resta

Don't really need anything after that.

jgar000
Jul 19, 2007, 06:31 PM
well for me (beast) hes going to have to use up that whole wand healing me. not to mention dont get to use a rod.and with the wand not even s-rank.

Zael
Jul 19, 2007, 06:33 PM
Um, because they get S rank crossbows?

And crossbows are among the best DPS in the game.

Also, crossbow/support wand combo is very efficient. Being able to heal everyone around you for 500, curing status effects, and pumping out some of the best DPS in game on one palette slot is nothing to scoff at.

Saito S
Jul 19, 2007, 06:38 PM
On 2007-07-19 16:28, jgar000 wrote:
ok if u dont agree with this then u dont know what your talking about, a guntecher can only use techs upt to 10! wow that is awful you dont even get to 11 to get the next combo. and the support is a joke a monomate heal. idk what anybody else thinks but wow why would u ever want to be a guntecher

Wow. The arrogance...it astounds.
So then, if you ever play in a party with my Guntecher, I will be sure to land useful SE's ONLY on the enemies that are attacking other players. If I see a Jarba about to cast Dambarta right next to you...well, I COULD freeze him, but why bother? And when your nanoblasting ass neads a heal (since you can't use items and all), I'll be sure to not do that. And if you want buffs, you can use an Agtaride.
Since you think Guntechers suck, and - in your own words - anyone who thinks they are good doesn't know what they are talking about, why should you get any of the potential benefit of having one around?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blue_Flame on 2007-07-19 16:40 ]</font>

Aralia
Jul 19, 2007, 06:39 PM

closed minded >.> GT isn't about techs.. its about guns and bows.
In AoI GT gets s rank bows... so...
S rank bows/x-bow.. best weps for spreading SE's
Rifle- 2nd best for SE's
Traps-quick lvl 1/3 SE's
S rank twin handguns - good for SE'ing little critters

Do you see why GT is a good class and not a waste of space?

SolomonGrundy
Jul 19, 2007, 06:40 PM
I like to play with cool people, regardless of thier race/class.
And that really was you quetion.

When it comes to a party, I tend to favor smaller groups. (like 3-4). better rare distribution.

I like 1 fT or WT (some level of buff/debuff)

I like 1 fG or GT or PT - or in a pinch a trap using FiG

and one <whatever> seriously, the 4th slot is wide open.

and me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SolomonGrundy on 2007-07-19 16:42 ]</font>

EphekZ
Jul 19, 2007, 06:47 PM
*I play WT so this may affect my choices.*

1. Fortefighter- I support and do damage while the FF deals the damage and kills enemies quickly.

2. Fortegunner- Can deal good damage and apply invaluable SEs, while I support and do damage.

3. Protranser- Very versatile, basically a Fortegunner and Fortefighter in one.

4. Guntecher- Deals decent damage, applies the SE and can somewhat support itself, while I do the main supporting.

5. Fortetecher- Deals good damage, but I usually can do what Ft does but better.

6. Fighgunner- just weaker and more annoying Fortefighter.

7. Wartecher- Usually two WTs don't work and most of the ones I've played with suck and don't know how to do their job.

jgar000
Jul 19, 2007, 06:49 PM
amen to that

Rayokarna
Jul 19, 2007, 06:54 PM

Errrm, thats is very intresting on how your mind thinks about other peoples opinions against yours. I have a few friends that are Guntecher, and they are a vaulable part of the party. I wish you change your mind in the future, but then again, does your opinion really matter to the rest of us. I doubt it.

I would be a Guntecher if they had the Grenade Launcher.

jgar000
Jul 19, 2007, 06:54 PM
"why should you get any of the potential benefit of having one around?"(blue flame). im not geting any of it because theres not any benefit from guntechers.

jgar000
Jul 19, 2007, 06:55 PM
explain how a guntecher benfites me?thats right sit down and shut up

jgar000
Jul 19, 2007, 06:58 PM
guess what idc if u respond cause im leaving this dumb conversation.

BanF
Jul 19, 2007, 07:01 PM
I don't care about classes, from what I've seen any combo can work if the people behind the chara are smart.

Rayokarna
Jul 19, 2007, 07:04 PM
On 2007-07-19 16:55, jgar000 wrote:

If you are a Fortefighter, they can take the role of both force and ranger. Even with there low tech lvl, Resta is Resta especially if your in nanoblast mode. There SEs that they give off in the heat of battle can make the difference between life and death in the most vital times. But it has to happen to you to understand. That will show you how vital as a class they are as everybody else.

Saito S
Jul 19, 2007, 07:05 PM

BWAHAHA!

Ok, whatever dude. You just KO'd yourself with a lovely combo of flaming AND triple posting. Three posts in 4 minutes, and you apparantly thing I'm "not responding."
Since your response to my post which POINTED OUT some of the benefits of a GT in the party was basically "no there are no benefits, STFU" then I see no further need to discuss this with you. Apparantly, you're leaving the conversation anyway (although I doubt it...I bet you'll be back), so...great! Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

"thats right sit down and shut up" LOL priceless...you made my day with that comment http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Para
Jul 19, 2007, 07:10 PM
Being a guntecher, especially a female newman one, I can agree that I may not deal as much damage as other types directly on. However applying those SEs can make a difference. Got a bunch of Melee monsters? Shock Xbow should fix that. Gohmons getting on your nerves? Silence xbow should open a gohmon can of stfu. Need to deal some quick damage? Burn or infect xbows work too.

Not to mention, Guntechers can apply lv 4 SEs too with LongBows and their support techs are poised to get better in AOI with lv 30 support techs (makes my female newman resta a whole lot better I'll tell you that).

Zael
Jul 19, 2007, 07:16 PM
On 2007-07-19 16:58, jgar000 wrote:
guess what idc if u respond cause im leaving this dumb conversation.

Mission accomplished.

Aralia
Jul 19, 2007, 07:19 PM

Ok. wow.. troll alert. I'm thinkin' this guy needs to be watched by a mod or something..

First off, if you're getting wailed on while nanoblasted to the point where a GT can't heal fast enough.. YOU SHOULDN'T BE NANOBLASTED. or should be using the invincibility blast.

2nd.. lvl 10 buffs > nothing.

3rd.. In AoI you'll be looking at GT's with lvl 30 support iirc.

4th.. not everything is about -you- support can be left to the fT or WT if there is one.

5th.. guns bullets have debuffs on them, so naturally a class that can resta if need be, and use guns has no need for debuff spells.

6th.. Burn and virus both can deal 25% and 33% of an enemy's hp in 10-40 seconds. Adding it all up on a monster with 100k hp, that's 25,000 damage from burn and 33,000 damage from virus.. all WHILE the GT/Party are attacking. I'm guessing you're a fortefighter right? in 10 seconds, with a 50% axe, you -MIGHT- be able to pull off 14,000 damage.. but then I doubt that you could based on how ignorantly you've posted.

7th.. GT's main focus is on GUNS, that's why they're called GUNtechers, not TECHgunners. Look at FIGHgunner, it's emphasis is on Melee, with a ranged back-up. Wartecher is an equal balance of melee and tech, but this isn't what we're talking about really.. we're focusing on GT.

8th.. Where's your evidence to back-up the class sucks? I see no reason other than that they get lvl 10 support.. which in AoI is changing. You need a time-out to think about things before you start bashing a class just because it's not PERFECT.
"Fortefighter only gets lvl 10 bullets and a rank handguns ZOMG they are teh suck!!1!1 And they Can't use TECHS OMGOMGOMGOMG Y be 1?!?!?"
"FighGunner only gets lvl 20 bullets and can't use TECHS.. ZOMG, who'd wanna play one?!?!1111??!"
I could easily go on, but I think my point is getting across...

Do you see, your hatred for GT is misplaced.
Or are you just jealous of them?

Or are you just looking for some techer to stand there and spam heal while you attack and get all the exp?
If that's the case, you're the person I watch run into a 3 bil de vear mob, use some knock-back PA, and get insta-pwn'd by 3 vears spinning.. Then blame the fT for not running in and dieing while trying to resta you. (this is the type of person I leave to rot when they die.. not gonna giresta you to bring you back.. not gonna heal you when you're moon'd to keep you fighting, and not gonna rebuff just cause you decided to get pwnd.)

Jaspaller
Jul 19, 2007, 07:20 PM
super pwnage!

Kent
Jul 19, 2007, 07:26 PM
ok if u dont agree with this then u dont know what your talking about

...Irony alert.

a guntecher can only use techs upt to 10! wow that is awful you dont even get to 11 to get the next combo.

Rayokarna
Jul 19, 2007, 07:32 PM
On 2007-07-19 17:19, Aralia wrote:

Ok. wow.. troll alert. I'm thinkin' this guy needs to be watched by a mod or something..

First off, if you're getting wailed on while nanoblasted to the point where a GT can't heal fast enough.. YOU SHOULDN'T BE NANOBLASTED. or should be using the invincibility blast.

2nd.. lvl 10 buffs > nothing.

3rd.. In AoI you'll be looking at GT's with lvl 30 support iirc.

4th.. not everything is about -you- support can be left to the fT or WT if there is one.

5th.. guns bullets have debuffs on them, so naturally a class that can resta if need be, and use guns has no need for debuff spells.

6th.. Burn and virus both can deal 25% and 33% of an enemy's hp in 10-40 seconds. Adding it all up on a monster with 100k hp, that's 25,000 damage from burn and 33,000 damage from virus.. all WHILE the GT/Party are attacking. I'm guessing you're a fortefighter right? in 10 seconds, with a 50% axe, you -MIGHT- be able to pull off 14,000 damage.. but then I doubt that you could based on how ignorantly you've posted.

7th.. GT's main focus is on GUNS, that's why they're called GUNtechers, not TECHgunners. Look at FIGHgunner, it's emphasis is on Melee, with a ranged back-up. Wartecher is an equal balance of melee and tech, but this isn't what we're talking about really.. we're focusing on GT.

8th.. Where's your evidence to back-up the class sucks? I see no reason other than that they get lvl 10 support.. which in AoI is changing. You need a time-out to think about things before you start bashing a class just because it's not PERFECT.
"Fortefighter only gets lvl 10 bullets and a rank handguns ZOMG they are teh suck!!1!1 And they Can't use TECHS OMGOMGOMGOMG Y be 1?!?!?"
"FighGunner only gets lvl 20 bullets and can't use TECHS.. ZOMG, who'd wanna play one?!?!1111??!"
I could easily go on, but I think my point is getting across...

Do you see, your hatred for GT is misplaced.
Or are you just jealous of them?

Or are you just looking for some techer to stand there and spam heal while you attack and get all the exp?
If that's the case, you're the person I watch run into a 3 bil de vear mob, use some knock-back PA, and get insta-pwn'd by 3 vears spinning.. Then blame the fT for not running in and dieing while trying to resta you. (this is the type of person I leave to rot when they die.. not gonna giresta you to bring you back.. not gonna heal you when you're moon'd to keep you fighting, and not gonna rebuff just cause you decided to get pwnd.)

That last bit hits hard. I wouldn't want to get on the bad side of you in a mission.

Mystil
Jul 19, 2007, 07:33 PM

This retired Guntecher will explain it to you. And when I'm done you can sit your ass down http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif.

1. CROSSBOWS turn GT's into a damage dealer.

2. AOI: Guntechers become even more powerful with the buffs. Do not forget, lvl40 bullets. More skill level = more % = more chances of SE's activating. THAT benefits you.

3. TRAPS. GTs cannot use Virus, but really burn G's get the job done. TRAPS benefit FIGHTERS. I am a FORTEFIGHTER now, and I know this is true.

4. GT's can support FORTETECHERS who are in a bind. THAT in turn will BENEFIT YOU the MELEE player.

GUNTECHER is not a weak expect class. People ONLY look at the TECHER part of Guntecher and forget that Guntechers are RANGERS.

HaydenX
Jul 19, 2007, 07:49 PM
I'm a guntecher right now (former WT). I love playing the class. I loves my cards http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I don't really have an opinion on classes except that I cannot stand stupid FFs. The ones who don't even try to avoid any attacks and then wonder why they ruined everything for HSM C. Same thing for fighgunners. "yup, I'ma gonna kick yer ass"...Dambarta...dead again...failure.

I just can't stand watching people repeatedly die, never change their tactics, and wonder why they are still dying. As a GT I haven't died yet. I even just soloed that linear line mission (the one before fight for food) on S rank. I only used 5 dimates and a photon charge. I don't even have an Xbow yet.

Infection from Kikami is nice for high lvl, but small mobs.

Esufer
Jul 19, 2007, 07:55 PM
6 fighgunners.
For great justice.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Esufer on 2007-07-19 17:55 ]</font>

Tekershee
Jul 19, 2007, 08:00 PM
6 Fortetechers :3

Slace2k3
Jul 19, 2007, 08:04 PM
6 fun people

HaydenX
Jul 19, 2007, 08:08 PM
Launch every 'zig
move 'zig

I'm such a nerd http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HaydenX on 2007-07-19 18:11 ]</font>

Mewn
Jul 19, 2007, 08:13 PM
My optimal party is me and two NPCs :3

When actually playing with others I don't give a flying toss.

Lamak
Jul 19, 2007, 08:54 PM
1. Atleast a fortetecher that can buff and nuke. Ftw
2. Fortefighter that can be a tank. No knockback plox.
3. Another fortefighter. No knockback plox.
4. Fortegunner Apply SEs and trap plox.
5. Guntecher use your Xbow and wreck havoc. Debuff too that's nice.
6. Me a WT. Because I own.

And that is my ideal party.

ashley50
Jul 19, 2007, 08:57 PM
6 ForteGunners...
SE4s everywhere >=3

SStrikerR
Jul 19, 2007, 09:04 PM
fighgunner-copy einhart with the trap-tornado move.
fortefighter-if a fortegunner or fortetecher is to close to a big dude, stick an axe in the big dude.
fortegunner-uses grenade launcher to knock things away, and uses laser beam for other occasions.
fortetecher x2-one heals and does buffs-debuffs, other spams dambarta+diga.
protranser-traps.

Criss
Jul 19, 2007, 10:50 PM
I don't really care what classes are in my party... All classes are useful if used properly. If the player knows what he's doing and is good at it, he's more than welcome in the party.

WolfBlade
Jul 20, 2007, 01:36 AM
WOW!! wen I open this topic I thot its gonna be Fortetechers all the way.Wen a fighter/gunner are stun Fo can cure u, but wen Fo r stun no 1 helps tem(most of the time).When im on my Fighter sometimes I over do just attacking enemy n getting hit, and an FO healing me like every 5 sec(I try not 2 do it anymore).Well dats kinda the reason I made n FO n its hardwork.

Niered
Jul 20, 2007, 01:38 AM
On 2007-07-19 18:57, ashley50 wrote:
6 ForteGunners...
SE4s everywhere >=3

I like this mans thinking.

The_Gio
Jul 20, 2007, 01:45 AM
1. Any kind of techers (FT, GT and WT)
Hey if you can heal and buff me even if its low heal and lvl 1 buffs,theyre better than nothing. If your trying to lvl your buffs tho, go to a buff party. GTs and WTs have a good balance lvl 30 bullets on gt and half and half on the PAs on wt. Woo go hybrids

2. Fortegunner
Go lvl 30 bullets, infect or freeze those monsters! and u have traps too http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

3. Fortefighter
You may get knocked back alot, but if you do the knockbacking then dam am I glad your there, especially with the good constant damage you do with your lvl 30 PAs

4. Protranser
Well, you got traps, lvl 30 PA's and you have ranged and close combat so you can help both ways.

5. Fighgunners
eh your alright. Your just like a fortefighter cept weaker. You CAN use traps but most of you dont anyway. I just dont see anything that stands out.

SolomonGrundy
Jul 20, 2007, 01:54 AM
how anyone can bag on guntechers is beyond me. DoT's do not care about ATP as long as you can hit for 1 damage.

virus/fire crossbow, fire rifle (or bow), and traps make rangers the most damage dealing job in the game.

high HP in this game is about 2000. healing for 400 is doable by all GTs who really care to, and that's 20% of your health. Guess what? we can cast it mutiple times if it's needed.

pRoJeCtFaMe
Jul 20, 2007, 01:57 AM
1. me (human gunner)
2. newman techer
3. newman techer
4. beast fighter
5. cast gunner
6. the one that comes in just to lvl PA's

Isabella
Jul 20, 2007, 02:37 AM
On 2007-07-19 14:12, Garnet_Moon wrote:

lol..
<3

Kaloa
Jul 20, 2007, 03:12 AM
I prefer good players that take full advantage of their strengths and abilities more than I do specific classes. All the classes have potential to make a mission easier. It's up to the player though to prove it.

-Ryuki-
Jul 20, 2007, 03:15 AM
On 2007-07-20 01:12, Kaloa wrote:
I prefer good players that take full advantage of their strengths and abilities more than I do specific classes. All the classes have potential to make a mission easier. It's up to the player though to prove it.

Agreed. I don't really mind who I party with,
as long as they know HOW to play their class.

Sexy_Raine
Jul 20, 2007, 03:39 AM
1. Fortetecher- because we're teh best.
2. Fortegunner- Because, SE's and traps help my parties greatly.
3. Guntecher- Same as above, except weaker don'
4. Fortefighter- One is usually good enough, useful for holding back the bigger enemies. Best out the 4 melees IMO.
5. PT- They have traps, ............... I guess that's just about it.
6. wartecher- You's wish you could be like FT's
7. Figunner- No comment

CypherGreen
Jul 20, 2007, 04:26 AM
ForteTecher- (a good one who knows spells other than damubarta and diga, ya know... like reverse, resta, shifta, jellen and any other spell)
Protranser- (a good one who knows when to use what trap, its not all about virus traps) p.s. Lv 4 SE on bow is amazing...
Fortefighter- Hit things hard!
Fortegunner- (can be higher dependant on stage, also a good one... why do most of them have no idea wtf gun they should use, 90dmg with a laser cannon vs a jarba, hmm thanks?)
Wartecher- Can be very good (especially in smaller parties with another hunter as they support and take some of the enemies away from the hunter)

Fighgunner about 2% are passable, of that 2% only 50% know of the the existance of traps, so as a rule, go away with your doublesaber

And as a general Rule, (even on PT) Axe > Fighgunner

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CypherGreen on 2007-07-20 02:29 ]</font>

pikachief
Jul 20, 2007, 05:07 AM
protranser

fighgunner

fortegunner

forttegunner

fortetecher

fortetecher

Syl
Jul 20, 2007, 05:25 AM
On 2007-07-19 23:54, SolomonGrundy wrote:
how anyone can bag on guntechers is beyond me. DoT's do not care about ATP as long as you can hit for 1 damage.

virus/fire crossbow, fire rifle (or bow), and traps make rangers the most damage dealing job in the game.

high HP in this game is about 2000. healing for 400 is doable by all GTs who really care to, and that's 20% of your health. Guess what? we can cast it mutiple times if it's needed.

As a Caseal GT, I can ordinarily heal for 440ish using Croziers at +7 or 8, but with a Sori/Force I can do around 500 (and 550+ when buffed). Guntechers really allow for fT's to worry less about healing (or at least I do) and worry about dealing damage.

I just want a team that does their job properly (I seriously hate fT's that are selfish when it comes to keeping their party alive) and efficiently. Any combo of classes can get the job done well, it's up to the skill of the players behind the class that makes the party efficient http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Kion
Jul 20, 2007, 06:46 AM
On 2007-07-19 18:04, Slace2k3 wrote:
6 fun people

i usually go with 3 fun people, smaller parties are preferable as it forces people to use their class to its full potential. 6 people and everyone is afk half the time.

And i guess I could add a few things to the gt/wt side topic.

gt is a high evasion class and we can use all of our weapons while moving. this is very effective with crossbows and applying SE's, but it's also very good for aggro. mechs are great for distracting enemies while allowing FF's to pull off a full combo untouched, and as our weapons are close range, we're generally in the area for tactical reverser or resta.
Also traps and level 4 SE's on bows takes advantage of our gunner abilities and mayalee prisim is good for disabling large enemies. level 10 techs makes us more weapon based, but we can still use debuffs with shotguns and twin handguns and killer shot is just sexy.

WT is a versital class, being a combination fighter/techer it can take over for FF or FT if one isn't in the party. level 20 buffs are better than no buffs and wartecher can generally pull out some pretty decent damage. In addition they can use techs to apply SE's as dam- techs come with SE3 and gi- techs for 360 degree SE2 mid combat. a close-range melee combined with techs, a wartecher who knows what they're doing can be quite beneficial.

Mystil
Jul 20, 2007, 07:12 AM
On 2007-07-20 01:39, Sexy_Raine wrote:
4. Fortefighter- One is usually good enough, useful for holding back the bigger enemies. Best out of the 4 melees IMO.

The sky has fallen.

There is hope for us yet.

Shiro_Ryuu
Jul 20, 2007, 07:25 AM
On 2007-07-19 12:12, Finae wrote:
Stupid idiot racist post bashing Human Hunters

Please, stop playing this game if you want every single hunter in your party to be beasts. People play what they want.

And that is exactly what I like in my party, 5 other people who play what they want to be. Well, a Fortetecher would be nice to have, because buffs are awesome and resta saves me trimates, especially since I'm a Hunter and I get hit alot. But yeah, just play what you like. Also like Jackel said, you have to be a cool person and actually chat. I don't want a bunch of silent people because people like that are annoying. I also don't like elitists who are all like "Beast Hunter, CAST Ranger, and Newman Force only!!11 Don't b3 t3h gimpz0rz!!1"

As a Fighgunner, I love to burn stuff with my crossbow or with my traps and then just use my Twin sabers or single dagger to give those burned monsters a good beating while the burn is ticking away at their life. I kind of think that I'm one of the few fighgunners who knows of these things.

Sio
Jul 20, 2007, 07:40 AM
I like many others like to play with any race/class as long as the person behind them is smart. I never underestimate a class/race due to how they are played, specially if that person has their PA's leveled. Strong PA's can make a difference for sure. I would admit I dislike the techers that spam spells like damubarta to much, blocking other peoples view but its still effective!

ThEoRy
Jul 20, 2007, 08:49 AM
I don't care who or what is in my party. It makes no difference to me.

Zero-mx
Jul 20, 2007, 08:55 AM
If I can play with friends, then I don't care.
However, in a random party, its a bit different.
I usually play as my Fortegunner, so I prefer a meat shield Fortefighter and a fortetecher for support and taking down enemies faster.
Other classes are fine too, just no tornado dance spamming Fighgunners. Oh, and everyone should bring a freakin' pistol at least. I hate being the only one shooting at De Ragan or Onmagoug in the air. >.<

XReikaX
Jul 20, 2007, 09:00 AM
Doesn't matter to me, long as theyre fun people. If Im in a party with quiet people, I tend to just leave after a run because its so boring.

Akaimizu
Jul 20, 2007, 09:16 AM
On 2007-07-20 03:25, WatchThemFeed wrote:

On 2007-07-19 23:54, SolomonGrundy wrote:

As a Caseal GT, I can ordinarily heal for 440ish using Croziers at +7 or 8, but with a Sori/Force I can do around 500 (and 550+ when buffed). Guntechers really allow for fT's to worry less about healing (or at least I do) and worry about dealing damage.

I just want a team that does their job properly (I seriously hate fT's that are selfish when it comes to keeping their party alive) and efficiently. Any combo of classes can get the job done well, it's up to the skill of the players behind the class that makes the party efficient http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

As a Human Guntecher, I typically heal for near 500 with just a Crozara. (Working on getting better wands) But I do have the Sori/Force TP booster. Those are easy to get and inexpensive. So as was mentioned before, they can heal fairly decently if they care to. As long as people remember not to go Gungho with them, or do anything too stupid. The Resta Range is the real limiter, not as much the amount. Plus GTs are soft targets. We do have to be able to reach you (while often switching from a gun to a wand), in time, and alive. People who understand that, understand that they might have to quaff a mate when they realize that they put themselves in an impossible situation for a timely rescue. And yep, the switch happens often because we are Gunners first, techers second. Our biggest contribution is with our fingers on the trigger (puts a trigger on the Bow just to include it).

panzer_unit
Jul 20, 2007, 09:27 AM
I lol at all the people who include Protranser in their teams for no reason besides traps. Everyone knows that on a team what matters is having as many people as possible carrying a stack of Burn G (and maybe if they've got quick fingers some Freeze G for defense) is absolutely all you need. Fighgunners, Guntechers, RANGERS... so many classes have that covered.

PSU's really simple. You need a good gunner or two (or techers) to do statuses, probably a fighter to keep monsters off of any weak characters, and everyone else just focusing on doing/preventing as much damage as possible. So like at least one gunner of any type, at least one techer of any type, at least one fighter of any type... or replace any 2 dedicated jobs with 2 multi-role hybrids for the same effect.

amtalx
Jul 20, 2007, 09:38 AM
The more Cast Fortegunners the better. Xbows + SUVs = SE firestorm of death. Then of course, the obligatory Fortetecher. Maybe a Fortefighter...the half breeds can pack their bags though. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

DreamLocke
Jul 20, 2007, 10:07 AM
It's refreshing when a FT is in a party with strong buffs. Healing isn't too important to me since my guys are hybrid techers. A high-level shifta is all I need.

But you know what? It's a rare occasion. A lot of FT's I've partied with don't even bother, leaving me to do the support. With my WT, that's fine. But when I'm on GT, I have LEVEL 10 SUPPORTS, PEOPLE!!!! If there is another 'techer in the group and they're not buffing it annoys me.

I won't spar with those who think GT's are weak. If you think so, fine. I kind of like playing a rare class. I ran into another GT last night and we were shocked. "Wow, another GT?" "NO WAY!"

Sychosis
Jul 20, 2007, 10:09 AM
1) (Newman) Fortetecher. Me of course - Keeps the party healed and buffed, then focuses on damage/SEs.
2) (CAST) Fortegunner - Crowd controller ('Nade Launcher) and primary SE spreader through traps, Rifles, Shotguns, Crossbows.
3) (CAST) Guntecher - Secondary SE spreader and secondary healer. (Primary debuffer in AoI)
4) (Beast) Fortefighter - Damage dealer, crowd controller, and tank.
5) (CAST) Fighgunner - Crowd controller, tank, and tertiary SE spreader through traps.
6) (Female Newman) Protranser - Epic lulz and terrible everything. Multitude of deaths results in pure comedy relief.

RappyRobot
Jul 20, 2007, 03:26 PM
On 2007-07-19 16:25, Jaspaller wrote:
As long as people know what they're doing, I could care less what class they play.

nailed it!!