PDA

View Full Version : Rarer items easier to find on higher difficulties?

Jaspaller
Jul 19, 2007, 02:25 PM
Well, we all know that when you move up a rank in difficulty, you usually end up finding more rares 7* and up rares easily and more often. S2's and such you basically find things like kerseline everywhere in some areas. There are lots of items that drop at lower difficulties (like the Relic edges can drop from all ranks in the relics), and there are the weapons that don't drop until B runs and up. Like the boards for Crea weapons and Crea Doubles as an example.

So if I were to run for some Relic edges, would I have a better chance of finding it in S2 rather than C since the rare drop rates go up and (I assume) it gets a bit more balanced or is the drop rate the same across all ranks? Same thing for any other weapons (like the crea weapons since they drop from B runs and above).

eightball
Jul 19, 2007, 02:51 PM
crea doubles only drop from s and up to help you out but i'm not sure about your other question

Jaspaller
Jul 19, 2007, 02:55 PM
Already know about the Crea doubles. But I'm just saying lets say I was hunting Relic Edge, would the Relic Edges come by more often in S2 or does the drop rate seem the same for all difficulty ranks.

Mayu
Jul 19, 2007, 02:58 PM
Should be the same

well Relic edge that is lol

Complex_Jao
Jul 19, 2007, 03:00 PM
like a wise room deco said(Duh...)

DurakkenX
Jul 19, 2007, 03:02 PM
from logic...i'd say that relic edges drop more on higher lvls simply due to the fact i've seen 2 drop in all my runs of relics...and that was when i was playing for an number of hours each day running the same mission over and over...and now there are quite a number of relic edges out there so i have to assume that they are all from higher lvls

chibiLegolas
Jul 19, 2007, 03:26 PM
Or another example:
Me/quick found on The Eastern Peril A and S. Boss box drop.
Are both difficulties have eqaul chances of dropping it? Has Sega EVER given any hints of drop ratings in PSU now in that complete PSU guide/bible?

Cause without it, I don't see how we can know for sure for rares that drop in the same missions, but various difficulties.

Egg99
Jul 19, 2007, 04:07 PM
On 2007-07-19 13:26, chibiLegolas wrote:
Or another example:
Me/quick found on The Eastern Peril A and S. Boss box drop.
Are both difficulties have eqaul chances of dropping it? Has Sega EVER given any hints of drop ratings in PSU now in that complete PSU guide/bible?

Cause without it, I don't see how we can know for sure for rares that drop in the same missions, but various difficulties.

I've also been wondering this myself. I'm borrowing a Me/Quick atm but I'm gonna have to give it back sooner or later, and I desperately want one for myself.

Can anyone confirm if it drops at the same rate on A as it does on S? Or any other items like that for that matter?

Garnet_Moon
Jul 19, 2007, 04:09 PM
No, there is no different % per level rank. If the enemy can drop it, it''ll drop at the same rate that that mob appears at that level range.

Akaimizu
Jul 19, 2007, 04:11 PM
Outside of certain things that are Limited to drop from certain *levels* of monsters, it seems like the same stuff drops regardless of level. Probably explains why mighty [B] monomates drop so much from high-level monsters.

ZeGoose
Jul 19, 2007, 04:22 PM
u do hav to take in consideration of other rares. Usually u wont find 8* and up in B or C runs. that'll help relic edge drop often cause other rares wont interfere. at least thats my opinion