PDA

View Full Version : Rant: Blast

astuarlen
Jul 20, 2007, 02:43 AM
and Damn.
Here I've been working on a website layout since yesterday, and I just realized it's way too awesome big for fools stuck in 1024x768 land. Oy. Spoiled by high res. ;(
Shit, mistakes like this... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_no.gif
Maybe I need more sleep? On the plus side, I make everything smaller, file sizes go shrinkydoo.
braaaaaaaaaains

Don't highlight this unless you want THE SPOILERS!
HP SPOILER NO ONE DIES! OMG!

FOAtHeart
Jul 20, 2007, 03:53 AM
WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOUR CURRENT LAYOUT, ASTUARLEN

I THINK IT IS QUITE DAPPER

Solstis
Jul 20, 2007, 04:09 AM
IT NEEDS MORE HIDDEN female bits, like Myst.

No, really, MYST and MYST 2 are filled with them. My professor stole my innocence.

Point being, I think that the image that loads... duochrome or whatever, is sexually suggestive.

Oh, and your code is frighteningly clean, and hidden away like a lazy cat under the desk.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jul 20, 2007, 05:28 AM
People need to upgrade their stone age AOLputerboxes, to the max!

Is it probable nay possible to have an option to keep said work around, 1024 peeps click here for best view, higher res view over here linkydoo on a home page re-direct?

I'm thinking I've seen these things at the bottom of websites before, and not just flash based ones maybe.

DizzyDi
Jul 20, 2007, 07:19 AM
Dammit Ast, you tricked me!

Weeaboolits
Jul 20, 2007, 07:58 AM
There's some nifty things there! I especially like your photographs.

astuarlen
Jul 20, 2007, 11:28 AM
On 2007-07-20 01:53, FOAtHeart wrote:
WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOUR CURRENT LAYOUT, ASTUARLEN

I THINK IT IS QUITE DAPPER

Why thank you, ma'am. [/drawl] If I may safely say so without sounding self-satisfied, I find it quite dapper myself. However comma it has been a year since I've redesigned, and I believe a change--nay, an improvement, particularly in the viewing of images--is in order.

On 2007-07-20 02:09, Solstis wrote:
IT NEEDS MORE HIDDEN female bits, like Myst.

No, really, MYST and MYST 2 are filled with them. My professor stole my innocence.

Point being, I think that the image that loads... duochrome or whatever, is sexually suggestive.

Oh, and your code is frighteningly clean, and hidden away like a lazy cat under the desk.

Christ, doesn't everything need more hidden female bits (and bots and bobblebops)? I never noticed such things in Myst, probably because I was but a wee, innocent lass at the time, but I'll take your word for it. Myst/II/III were quite awesome, though.

Al so, I keep my code clean because my room is a terrible mess, and one really should have at least one tidy thing in one's life.

On 2007-07-20 03:28, HAYABUSA-FMW- wrote:
THIS IS NO TIME FOR QUOTES PEOPLE WE HAVE A WAR GOING ON

On the first point, quite.
I figure I'll just scale down a touch, though.

On 2007-07-20 05:19, DizzyDi wrote:
Dammit Ast, you tricked me!

It's a... trap? No, not that kind.

DID YOU NOT SEE LAST TIME NO ONE DIES AND HARRY OPENS AN ICECREAM PARLOUR AND A PORTAL TO ANOTHER WORLD

On 2007-07-20 05:58, Ronin_Cooper wrote:
There's some nifty things there! I especially like your photographs.

Nifty? You mean ultraniftykeen, rite? o; Tenks.

Weeaboolits
Jul 20, 2007, 11:34 AM
Yes, ultraniftykeen would be a better word, I just didn't think of it at the time.

I shall have to look at more of it later.

Stan
Jul 20, 2007, 04:04 PM
Just to clarify,

On 2007-07-20 00:43, astuarlen wrote:
it's way too awesome big for fools stuck in 1024x768 land.