PDA

View Full Version : new illuminus videos

Inazuma
Jul 20, 2007, 10:15 AM
http://illuminus.phantasystaruniverse.jp/movie/
from the official site. looks like they are gonna be adding a new video every few weeks or so.

EspioKaos
Jul 20, 2007, 10:21 AM
So it seems. (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=146914&forum=20&start=435&450#444) http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif Looks like this site's getting the same treatment the original pre-release PSU site got. I'm glad we'll be seeing weekly updates; gives us something to look forward to on a regular basis.

Lykos
Jul 20, 2007, 10:22 AM
I was thinking about one thing the whole video.
Why is her hair one big clump?
Apparently there are no individual strands of hair in the future?

Jaspaller
Jul 20, 2007, 10:25 AM
*hopes for CCA and towers in PSU videos*

Haxx
Jul 20, 2007, 10:42 AM
Do we have a release date yet?

Sterisk
Jul 20, 2007, 10:50 AM
It said 9/27 for ps2 and pc

Baku
Jul 20, 2007, 11:21 AM
lol @ the cactus seats.

PrinceBrightstar
Jul 20, 2007, 11:24 AM
What is that thing that is taking off at the end of the video? Could that be Central Dome?

EspioKaos
Jul 20, 2007, 11:26 AM
On 2007-07-20 09:24, Jonathan_F wrote:
What is that thing that is taking off at the end of the video? Could that be Central Dome?

Seriously large spoiler following. Read at your own risk!

Clyez City, it appears. Shortly before the GUARDIANS Colony gets blown to pieces, from the looks of things.

Esufer
Jul 20, 2007, 11:33 AM
That video with Hal in angers me.

Gryffin
Jul 20, 2007, 11:41 AM
On 2007-07-20 09:26, EspioKaos wrote:

On 2007-07-20 09:24, Jonathan_F wrote:

Seriously large spoiler following. Read at your own risk!

Clyez City, it appears. Shortly before the GUARDIANS Colony gets blown to pieces, from the looks of things.

So, two MAJOR cities are destroyed/relocated? I wonder if they'll land/rebuild before online mode... x_X

:wow:

Midicronica
Jul 20, 2007, 11:43 AM
Yo, that trailer was fucking awesome!

Esufer
Jul 20, 2007, 11:43 AM
I swear, if Clyez flies to Ragol and lands there, and they Retcon it to Pioneer 1, i will be majorly fucking pissed.

Complex_Jao
Jul 20, 2007, 11:49 AM
The Ragol idea works,litle bold but works

Gryffin
Jul 20, 2007, 11:51 AM
On 2007-07-20 09:43, Esufer wrote:
I swear, if Clyez flies to Ragol and lands there, and they Retcon it to Pioneer 1, i will be majorly fucking pissed.

I think you might be onto something. Or like, a chunk of the guardians colony drifts there, or something, but through that explosion, I think Ragol will be discovered.

Thanks for being a thinker!

Esufer
Jul 20, 2007, 11:55 AM
I better not be right.

Or I will eat a full can of hairspray.

Can and all.

Niered
Jul 20, 2007, 12:06 PM
Hmmm...nothing NEW necessarily in those videos, apart from this wierd news being brought up about clyez. Anywho, makes me want it even more, cant wait for it.

Esufer
Jul 20, 2007, 12:10 PM
I will also lol if Hyuga Ryght suddenly takes on the name Heathcliff Flowen.

mrlion
Jul 20, 2007, 12:22 PM
hhhmm why are they putting PSU regular on Best Hits? Does that mean that we need the original to play Illuminus?

Niered
Jul 20, 2007, 12:33 PM
On 2007-07-20 10:22, mrlion wrote:
hhhmm why are they putting PSU regular on Best Hits? Does that mean that we need the original to play Illuminus?

I am yet again BAFFLED as to why NOONE seems to understand the basic premise of an "EXPANSION PACK".

The only system I would say is the exception in this is PS2. Its going to need a whole new disk regardless, but for the PC and 360 I see no reason you WOULDNT need the original.

Midicronica
Jul 20, 2007, 12:37 PM
I hope Esufer's idea isn't anywhere close to the truth. The amount of whining and bitching that will take place be enough to kill someones mother-in-law. I can't stand that shit.

Haxx
Jul 20, 2007, 01:03 PM
On 2007-07-20 08:50, Sterisk wrote:
It said 9/27 for ps2 and pc

Any word for the 360?

mrlion
Jul 20, 2007, 01:12 PM
On 2007-07-20 10:33, Niered wrote:

I am yet again BAFFLED as to why NOONE seems to understand the basic premise of an "EXPANSION PACK".

The only system I would say is the exception in this is PS2. Its going to need a whole new disk regardless, but for the PC and 360 I see no reason you WOULDNT need the original.

Actually there is a possibility that the PS2 might need it too...have you played Dynasty Warriors before?

EspioKaos
Jul 20, 2007, 01:16 PM
On 2007-07-20 11:03, Haxx wrote:
Any word for the 360?

A solid date has not been given just yet. All we know is "Fall 2007."

CelestialBlade
Jul 20, 2007, 02:02 PM
Oh god, the Hal part amuses the hell out of me.

Serephim
Jul 20, 2007, 02:43 PM
On 2007-07-20 11:12, mrlion wrote:

On 2007-07-20 10:33, Niered wrote:

Actually there is a possibility that the PS2 might need it too...have you played Dynasty Warriors before?

Dynasty warriors is the exact same game every time a new one is released. They could use the first disc for every game with rehashed graphics if they needed too.

Anyway, that game trailer is the best game trailer Sonic team has done for a game since SA2.

The in-game cutscenes look better too (less stiff camera angles) but that could just be perspective in the video.

And whats with all this PSU ---> PSO speculation? Where the hell did that come from?

PSO made all of its odd areas "VR TRAINING" so they wouldnt have to stick it to the storyline, what makes you think they would link PSU to Ragol?

And if they do i sware to god if any of you mother fuckers start bitching about it im going to rip your sacks off. All the bithcing about " OMGz PsU N3eDS "X" FROM PSO!!?11on1e" And when they finally decide to tend to you whiney babies you start bitching even more?

You better not. >:(

Dragwind
Jul 20, 2007, 03:14 PM
That video was pwnzome, but I wouldn't be so quick to jump on the whole Cylez thing. It's not like you can be sure with all those explosions and fire junk everywhere.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DRAGOUSCHRIS on 2007-07-20 13:16 ]</font>

zandra117
Jul 20, 2007, 03:30 PM
Does anyone notice (the Streams of fire surrounding the Guardians Colony as its breaking apart, like its falling through the atmosphere of a planet? Phantasy Star 2 all over again. This time Parum's gonna die just like Palma did... ZOMG that meteor shown while Magashi is talking is the Colony!!!)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zandra117 on 2007-07-20 13:35 ]</font>

Haxx
Jul 20, 2007, 03:30 PM
On 2007-07-20 11:16, EspioKaos wrote:

On 2007-07-20 11:03, Haxx wrote:
Any word for the 360?

A solid date has not been given just yet. All we know is "Fall 2007."

Thanks man!

Zorafim
Jul 20, 2007, 03:32 PM
About time.

EspioKaos
Jul 20, 2007, 03:41 PM
On 2007-07-20 13:30, zandra117 wrote:
Does anyone notice (the Streams of fire surrounding the Guardians Colony as its breaking apart, like its falling through the atmosphere of a planet? Phantasy Star 2 all over again. This time Parum's gonna die just like Palma did... ZOMG that meteor shown while Magashi is talking is the Colony!!!)

I think you may be right. Maybe that's what took out Rozenom City? Or, maybe not. I think it's possible that it could've been Illuminus using Sochee, or at least some type of A-photon explosion.

Shiryuu
Jul 20, 2007, 03:50 PM
On 2007-07-20 12:43, Serephim wrote:

PSO made all of its odd areas "VR TRAINING" so they wouldnt have to stick it to the storyline, what makes you think they would link PSU to Ragol?

Famitsu Cup is all VR stuff. So Ragol being a VR area makes sense.

Realmz
Jul 20, 2007, 04:00 PM
On 2007-07-20 09:51, Gryffin wrote:

On 2007-07-20 09:43, Esufer wrote:

I think you might be onto something. Or like, a chunk of the guardians colony drifts there, or something, but through that explosion, I think Ragol will be discovered.

Thanks for being a thinker!

or it could just be that they find some planet that wasn't too far away and landed there...

Parn
Jul 20, 2007, 04:54 PM
For those of you who want to archive the files like I do, here are the source files:

http://illuminus.phantasystaruniverse.jp/flv/cm_01.flv
http://illuminus.phantasystaruniverse.jp/flv/pv_01.flv
http://illuminus.phantasystaruniverse.jp/flv/report_01.flv

Right click and save.

Sekani
Jul 20, 2007, 05:12 PM
Thanks for the links, Parn.

FYI, September 27 appears to be the release date in Japan. Don't get all excited just yet.

Parn
Jul 20, 2007, 05:24 PM
For what it's worth, I saw eight different areas at the 2:12 to 2:15 mark. Three of them were featured on the network trial, and the other five were brand new. So combined with the forest, caves, and mines from PSO, we have at least 11 more stages to look forward to.

Nai_Calus
Jul 20, 2007, 05:38 PM
Oh, oh, I know! *pastes from an AIM conversation* Nah, Parum's gonna get blown up entirely, and the heroes will get saved by Tylor, who'll take them to Moatoob, and from there they'll take a PPT shuttle to Neudaiz to seek help from Rutsu, who will be slightly more cooperative than usual and send them to go retrieve the Ne- Er, Mirei weapons and then send them to the Earthm- Er, Illumines' secret ship from which they're controlling all of Gurhal from behind the scenes, where you'll fight their supercomputer that's controlling all the Magashi clones and Dark Force, and then the heroes will be confronted with hundreds of thousands of angry ear-er, Illuminies members and probably die, though the ending will leave this open. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Well, PSII did have a better plot than PSU does, but dear god if they do try to pull something like that I'll spend the next three months afterwards banging my head on the desk.

zandra117
Jul 20, 2007, 05:58 PM
I wonder, could the episode 4 meteor have been a piece of Parum?

Zorafim
Jul 20, 2007, 06:07 PM
So, by the time we get the full content, PSUjp will get the next set of content...

I like how Ian-KunX thinks

Sinue_v2
Jul 20, 2007, 06:37 PM
On 2007-07-20 15:58, zandra117 wrote:
I wonder, could the episode 4 meteor have been a piece of Parum?

I don't think so. Assuming PSU and PSO take place in the same time frame (I.E. You see Pioneer 2 in orbit and Central Dome) then there wouldn't be enough time for a fragmented piece of Parum to travel all the way out to another solar system where Ragol is at.

That is, unless there's some sort of time-warp when going through the Gates of Denikaya. In PSIV, as the rift collapses, Wren mentions something about detecting a time-warp. So it's possible that that's a phenomena within these dimensional pockets. So if we do go through the gates, then it's possible that it would act like a wormhole through space time.

Destroying Parum would be a big mistake IMO. There's already enough cheap references to PS in PSU which hold none of the significance of the original actions. This would just be another one. As in.. the Algol Solar System was a dimensional Seal that trapped the Profound Darkness in a seperate dimension. There's no indication (yet) of such a being within the Gurhal seal. In fact, the activation of the Gates is what sealed the SeeD away there in the first place. So destorying Parum would only weaken the seal and not even free the SEED that have been trapped.

This isn't a necessary action to take, since the SEED are already still around and being breed in the Hives. Furthermore, Humans originated on Parum. Why go through all the trouble to destroy the artifical races - only to blow up your own home planet? In the Earthling's case in PSII - Palma wasn't their home planet, but it was the seat of Algolian governmental power, even as weakened as it was by Mother Brain. Destorying Palma could be seen as vital since Motavia was an agricultural planet, and Dezolis was a barren wasteland. If their intent was invasion, they needed to destroy Palma to get rid of what remained of the centralized Algolian government and military, which would make the invasion of the terraformed Motavia easier. Earthlings numbers were few... yet in PSU, humans are still the most numerous race. (Although it could be argued that the Illuminus's numbers are few.)

In any case, I doubt that Parum would be destroyed. Too many pissed of customers would complain that they can't do their Crimson Beast runs anymore because Parum was turned to space dust.

What would be interesting, though, is if Phantasy Star took the next leap beyond space - and introduced Time Travel through the Gates. This would be an interesting way to have PSU be both a prequel, and sequel to the original series and PSO - and allow a convergence of all three game series into one timeline.

Although most probably a complete fallacy, I still think it would be a great idea to have PSU tie into the original series in the way that, Ethan and his band have to enter the Gates in order to fight a pre-form of the Profound Darkness, and find a way to close the gate permanently. In this fight, Karen would have to sacrifice herself to the darkness in order to allow the others to escape the rift. Absorbed by the SEED/Darkness, she would become the core of what would later become the Profound Darkness - hence it's final female form at the end of PSIV. Hence, a dooming her to a fate far worse than death - countless millenia trapped helplessly within an overbearing torrent of pain, violence, hatred and lust for revenge - only to be freed from her long prison, by her death. That is a meaningful sacrifice worthy of the PS legacy.

This scene would later be repeated, after the death of Karen in End of the Millenium, in PSO where the Darkness again tried to find a coporeal anchor and focus for it's power in Rico Tyrell.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2007-07-20 16:43 ]</font>

landman
Jul 20, 2007, 07:29 PM
So Clyez City can be ensembled / disensebled... like original PS2 Parum cities? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Laia's voice!!! <3

Lyrix
Jul 20, 2007, 08:03 PM
who else thinks ST is starting to do things too fast, i think its a little suspicious that they're doing something right O.o

drizzle
Jul 20, 2007, 08:04 PM
... did I just see the online story missions, but with voices and facial animations? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

ShadowDragon28
Jul 20, 2007, 08:10 PM
Awesome vids. Hal/Haru Chan is too cute. I like the darker turn to the over-all storyline, and Colony, omg O_O! ... things are getting grim. woot!

I can't wait for AoI for many reasons. With more clothes along hopefully there will be a bit more variety of looks among player-characters.
Once everyone stop wearing the same long coats et all and mix and match more that would be a good thing.
I hope do hope synthing and it's rates are improved *prays*

Prima
Jul 20, 2007, 08:12 PM
I hope Parum dies and explodes, I fucking hate that planet. I hope Ragol takes its place, and I also hope Guardians gets bombed as well, I fucking hate you Guardians Colony.

Anduril
Jul 20, 2007, 08:14 PM
As soon as I saw the Colony when I first got the game my Brain which is saturated with Gundam junk screamed: "COLONY DROP!!!!"
But something I've wondered, which planet is the colony orbiting?

landman
Jul 20, 2007, 08:14 PM
By the way, aren't our rooms supposed to be in the lower part of the colony? <.<

GC is orbiting Parum

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: landman on 2007-07-20 18:15 ]</font>

Zorafim
Jul 20, 2007, 08:18 PM
In any case, I doubt that Parum would be destroyed. Too many pissed of customers would complain that they can't do their Crimson Beast runs anymore because Parum was turned to space dust.

Crimson Beast! In! SPACE-space-SPACE-space

Prima
Jul 20, 2007, 08:22 PM
Landman, where did you hear that?

EspioKaos
Jul 20, 2007, 08:24 PM
On 2007-07-20 18:14, Anduril wrote:
But something I've wondered, which planet is the colony orbiting?

Parum, I believe. Though, I don't think it's really orbiting it. It just kind of stays out between all of the planets since it's supposed to serve as a checkpoint for PPT shuttles to travel between the different planets. At least, that's what PPT CAST desk-lady says.

On 2007-07-20 18:14, landman wrote:
By the way, aren't our rooms supposed to be in the lower part of the colony? <.<

No, they're in Clyez City. I think they're just beneath the Central Table. Or maybe out around it. Keep in mind that the five floors we get to see of Clyez aren't all of the city. You can see tons of different buildings if you look out over the walls when you're on one of the upper floors.

EDIT: Corrected a plurality issue.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EspioKaos on 2007-07-20 18:27 ]</font>

landman
Jul 20, 2007, 08:25 PM
... Have you never watched from any place of the collony? you see Parum HUGE and the other planets far away... it's a supposition

On 2007-07-20 18:24, EspioKaos wrote:

On 2007-07-20 18:14, landman wrote:

No, they're in Clyez City. I think they're just beneath the Central Table. Or maybe out around it. Keep in mind that the five floors we get to see of Clyez aren't all of the city. You can see tons of different buildings if you look out over the walls when you're on one of the upper floors.

Then that was another supposition, I tried to understand why all of us have splendid views to the space and the only possible place was some kind of ring in the lower part xDD it would be awesome if we could see a "real" view from our rooms, with ships boarding and views of the colony and the planets

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: landman on 2007-07-20 18:30 ]</font>

Alisha
Jul 20, 2007, 11:17 PM
flashbacks of moble suit gundam.

magashi is red! he must be a tribute to char!!!!

and ethan is amuro!!

/end sarcasm

MayLee
Jul 20, 2007, 11:21 PM
Fucking amazing. That's all I have to say to this. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Jinto117
Jul 21, 2007, 12:02 AM
On 2007-07-20 09:33, Esufer wrote:

Yes, Hal scares me. She looks like an anomatronic droid or something.

Kion
Jul 21, 2007, 12:17 AM
Anyone else think that Hal's jp voice actor sounds alot cuter than the english one?

*prays for japanese with subtitles option*

MayLee
Jul 21, 2007, 12:24 AM
I just wank to rob Hal of her clothes.

That would look nice on my character.

Silve
Jul 21, 2007, 02:05 AM
That wouldn't be a problem since she has an inverted backup set. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

With the colony losing it's orbit arround the planet, and cylez city ejects itself, (probably to land on the planet) maybe one of the final levels will be on the "ruins" of the guardian colony that landed underwater/on some island/continent of Parum. That'd totally make sense, and it'd be nice to have multiple cities and continents on each planet.

I wonder if they'll change the city's layout at all, or if the....one whole stage that they have ON Cylez will change. Cylez in general just has messier shop/gate layout than the other 3 cities.

I hope we'll be able to use our extra mode characters in Ep2 story mode. The clips show a custom character still accompanying laia, but the real cutscenes will probably just ignore the character during "real" cutscenes. It'd sure make that level 100 beast girl I have on extra mode worth it so I could just plow through Ep2's story. ^_^

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silve on 2007-07-21 00:13 ]</font>

Reipard
Jul 21, 2007, 02:59 AM
Anyone else think that Hal's jp voice actor sounds alot cuter than the english one?

By the time she got done talking I wanted to strangle her because it was so annoying http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif.

Zorafim
Jul 21, 2007, 03:03 AM
Hal's english voice had a pretty bad sync with Hal's motions. You can't Americanize something like that.

The_Pew
Jul 21, 2007, 04:26 AM
I honestly can't wait.

CrimsomWolf
Jul 21, 2007, 08:41 AM
As for Guardians Colony.... on video we can see that Clayez City disconnecting itself form main colony....In next scene we can see remains of Colony entering atmosphere of some planet (possibly Parum). I think that we can assume that Guardians Colony was thrown off course, and/or damaged to point where it cannot maintain it's position... so detaching (is that wright?) Clayez would be a last-dich effort to save people living there. As for why it happened, I believe that someone COULD try to throw colony off orbit, so it would become a sort off giantic ballistic missile... (like remains of Junius Seven in Gundam SEED Destiny)...

CelestialBlade
Jul 21, 2007, 04:40 PM
Illuminus is a terrorist group, it makes sense that they would sabotage the Colony's orbit system and send it crashing into Parum, possibly recreating a Phantasy Star 2 or Megaman X5 scenario.

I could die a very, very happy person if that happened.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Typheros on 2007-07-21 14:41 ]</font>

HaydenX
Jul 21, 2007, 08:29 PM
What's with the colony hate?

What if...
The guardians' barracks were jettisoned, or destroyed and we lost everything we have in storage

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

susaru7
Jul 21, 2007, 08:36 PM
What up with all the black out on these pages

Dj_SkyEpic
Jul 21, 2007, 08:47 PM
On 2007-07-21 18:36, susaru7 wrote:
What up with all the black out on these pages

Spoilers. Just in case someone who doesn't know what's going on comes in and reads something out of the ordinary then finds out that that was actually apart of the storyline/etc. of the game, thus ruining their whole experience.

landman
Jul 21, 2007, 10:19 PM
I found stupid in Phantasy Star 2 that a planet could disappear because of the collision of an artificial satellite, seriously, how big was Gaira really? it's like... the Death Star vaporizing because of an internal explosion -.-

So lets hope the same doesn't happen again

CelestialBlade
Jul 22, 2007, 01:15 AM
On 2007-07-21 20:19, landman wrote:
I found stupid in Phantasy Star 2 that a planet could disappear because of the collision of an artificial satellite, seriously, how big was Gaira really? it's like... the Death Star vaporizing because of an internal explosion -.-

So lets hope the same doesn't happen again

To completely obliterate the planet into debris, I'd think Gaira would have to be like a fourth of the planet's size, or something. I'd work out the math of it but I'm entirely too lazy, and surely someone's done it already.

But relative to the discussion, I'd say the Guardians Colony is nowhere near big enough to completely annihilate Parum, but you'd certainly be looking at a global catastrophe that would reset evolution on the planet, so to speak.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Typheros on 2007-07-21 23:15 ]</font>

Foxix
Jul 22, 2007, 01:39 AM
Hey I don't know if anyone else noticed this, but a lot of the game play featured in those videos was from the ps2 version I think. To my surprise, even when there was a lot going on there seemed to be noticeably less slowdown.

Just wondering if anyone else seemed to notice this http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Maybe when they said they were optimizing it for the PS2 they were telling the truth?

Isabella
Jul 22, 2007, 01:42 AM
I'll play that expansion even if the only thing that loaded on my screen was BGM
O.O O:

Zorafim
Jul 22, 2007, 01:47 AM
Hm, I'm not sure I'd do the same. I tend to have the BGM off most of the time.

Isabella
Jul 22, 2007, 01:51 AM
so do i....>.>;
ugh andI broke my ipod headphones : <
It's not my fault that our Dyson vaccuum engulfs everything...
Those things suck, and theyre 46 dollars a pop http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Isabella on 2007-07-21 23:52 ]</font>

ChaosAngel92
Jul 22, 2007, 02:56 AM
OMFG! Cant wait to see if PSU links with PSO! WHy everyone is so mad about this link? Why anybody like PSO on PSU?

Isabella
Jul 22, 2007, 02:59 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

Eligaz
Jul 22, 2007, 04:04 AM
Mm, hey. This seems sorta interesting. Every time I check out AoI my expectations are increased tenfold. I hope ST can pull this through. Even if it won't bring new players to PSU all the old schools will be in for one hell of a ride.

And the AoI box art > original PSU box by far. Luckily. I no longer wish to stab all those stupidly smiling faces with a fork.

relentless
Jul 22, 2007, 04:10 AM
Lol at the CM_01 where Hal said "sega" at the end.

WBMike
Jul 22, 2007, 08:26 PM
Mmm I LOVE SPECULATION TIME ACTUALLY I BELIEVE THIS CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE..

No they can't jusy kill off Parum, thats a whole continuity error, considering we'll be playing an endless Episode 3 loop that won't progress until the next expansion pack. This is what we are doing now, playing a loop of Episode 2 online, until ambition of illuminus is released. See "online mode" happens after the offline story events. There would be no way you could visit the Paracabana Beach lobby or any areas of Parum if they totally destroyed the planet

Unless of course it could also be VIRTUAL REALITY WOOOOH!!

I also don't believe that the scene where the Gaurdians Colony seperated and fell to the planet is the result of why Razenom City area is barren and destroyed. If you remember one of the first videos released for PSU shows a beautiful forest and all of a sudden PURPLE LAZERS FROM NOWHERE destroy everything. This may be the SOCHEE or some other A-Photon thingy that destroyed Razenom that nobody wants to reveal the truth for.

I do believe that a peice of the Gaurdian Colony gets detached, falls to Parum or another planet and causes considerable damage to something. They are using it as a weapon to destroy whatever is on that planet, and by the time story mode ends, they will rebuild it back. But this would mean Episode 3 online story loop might have to take place 5 or more years after the events of the offline story. If this is true, we should not be able to play [purple annoying music] Linear Line in Ambition of Illuminus, wouldn't they fix it by then?

And thats my thesis on why we love theories.

P.S There's another Seed attack and thats maybe for Lightning and other elements?

Sinue_v2
Jul 22, 2007, 09:34 PM
They are using it as a weapon to destroy whatever is on that planet, and by the time story mode ends, they will rebuild it back.

Christ, they had better not pull a stupid move like that.

WBMike
Jul 23, 2007, 12:33 AM
ITS SONIC TEAM THEY WILL ! :3

I have one more theory.

All this stuff happened in the past. The colony was rebuilt and the day is saved thanks to the PPG!

Ya thats going to make everyone angry.

PrinceBrightstar
Jul 23, 2007, 12:45 AM
Just playin off the recent Harry Potter thing at this site...

http://aoipsu.ytmnd.com/

CelestialBlade
Jul 23, 2007, 12:56 AM
Rocks fall.

Everyone dies.

Oops spoiler.

Alisha
Jul 23, 2007, 01:31 AM
i do not understand the logic in droping guardians colony on parum since parum is probally the planet with the highest concentration of humans. i know illuminas wants to purify the galaxy of non human races but some of the dialouge in episode 1 led to to believe that casts are loyal to humans. theres has to be some kind of secondary factor like G- colony becoming infested with SEED life forms.

Allison_W
Jul 23, 2007, 03:08 AM
I downloaded Parn's rip of the promo video, and from that, ripped (bad) screenshots of the new fields they showed. I've tried to identify some of them, but if someone with better knowledge of what they are could help, that would be appreciated.

Rozenom.
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j46/belladonna5012/PSU/AoI/NewPSUAoIfield-Rozenom.jpg

This next one is a yellow-black... whatsit. I dunno.
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j46/belladonna5012/PSU/AoI/NewPSUAoIfield-yellow-blackwhatsit.jpg

This one looks like a red HIVE. Still clueless.
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j46/belladonna5012/PSU/AoI/NewPSUAoIfield-redhive.jpg

The Mushroom Kingdom. (Or Habirao Restricted District, if you're one of those suckers who uses official names.) At least, I think that's what it is; the screenshot looks kind of like Technicolor oatmeal.
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j46/belladonna5012/PSU/AoI/NewPSUAoIfield-MushroomKingdom.jpg

This one looks like a light-blue HIVE.
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j46/belladonna5012/PSU/AoI/NewPSUAoIfield-lightbluehive.jpg

I think this one is the ice cavern.
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j46/belladonna5012/PSU/AoI/NewPSUAoIfield-icecavern.jpg

This one, I like. Some imperious-looking hallway with a high ceiling.
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j46/belladonna5012/PSU/AoI/NewPSUAoIfield-high-ceilingedhallwa.jpg

This one looks like a green Linear Line to me. No idea what it's supposed to be.
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j46/belladonna5012/PSU/AoI/NewPSUAoIfield-greenlinearline.jpg

Isabella
Jul 23, 2007, 03:10 AM
I like that one too.

PrinceBrightstar
Jul 23, 2007, 03:20 AM
I think the multi-colored hives represent the different kinds of SEED there are. for example, in Firebreak fire based seed infected the planets. Similarly there are also ice based SEED as evidenced in Story/Extra mode.

Alisha
Jul 23, 2007, 03:43 AM
ive long suspected that all dark element seed/d-cellular lifeforms originated from a natural lifeform. wich would be very similar to the aliens
series where all the aliens retain traits of thier hosts. if you have ever seen Alien 3 that alien had a canine host as opposed to a human one. most aliens are human type.
example:
Dark berla = hildebear
Delbiter = barbarous wolf
Del Lily = ob lily
delsaber = human
gran sorcerer = newman
Del depth = pouilly slime
Ill Gill = gibbon?

so maybe this new hive will reflect different species of animals. i totally want to see a d-cellular/seed de ragnus XD

Sinue_v2
Jul 23, 2007, 04:24 AM
i do not understand the logic in droping guardians colony on parum since parum is probally the planet with the highest concentration of humans.

Who are the two biggest forces standing in the Illumines's way? The Guardians and the AMF, who is based on Parum, and who's membership is around 90% CAST. Dropping the Guardian Colony on Parum is way to kill two birds with one stone.

Palma was the most suitable planet for the Earthlings in PSII - so why go through all the trouble of terraforming Motavia and destorying Palma? Because Palma was the seat of whatever remaining government and military Algol still possessed that wasn't a component of the Mother Brain. Since there were very few Earthlings, it was easier for them to wipe out their strongest resistance and invade the agricultural planet. Of course, if you ask the Earthlings they'll just tell you they did it for the lulz.

Anyway - it's pretty much the same situation in PSU. The Illuminus are few in the membership in comparison to the AMF and Guardians. Solution? Bombard one enemy with the orbital colony of your other enemy. The Illuminus could care less about the collateral damage. If you're not with them, you're an enemy - no matter what race you are.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2007-07-23 02:25 ]</font>

Alisha
Jul 23, 2007, 04:54 AM
the best they could probally hope for though is nuclear winter unless they also plan to detonate A-photon bombs.

EspioKaos
Jul 23, 2007, 06:51 AM
On 2007-07-23 01:08, Allison_W wrote:
This next one is a yellow-black... whatsit. I dunno.
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j46/belladonna5012/PSU/AoI/NewPSUAoIfield-yellow-blackwhatsit.jpg

I believe this one is Il Carbo.

This one looks like a red HIVE. Still clueless.
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j46/belladonna5012/PSU/AoI/NewPSUAoIfield-redhive.jpg

From other screens and captions of this area shown in Famitsu, this is supposed to be a section of AMF HQ.

The Mushroom Kingdom. (Or Habirao Restricted District, if you're one of those suckers who uses official names.) At least, I think that's what it is; the screenshot looks kind of like Technicolor oatmeal.
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j46/belladonna5012/PSU/AoI/NewPSUAoIfield-MushroomKingdom.jpg

Technicolor oatmeal. I like that. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif But, yeah, is's Habirao.

This one looks like a light-blue HIVE.
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j46/belladonna5012/PSU/AoI/NewPSUAoIfield-lightbluehive.jpg

Another section of AMF HQ.

I think this one is the ice cavern.
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j46/belladonna5012/PSU/AoI/NewPSUAoIfield-icecavern.jpg

Yeah, Granigs Mine.

This one, I like. Some imperious-looking hallway with a high ceiling.
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j46/belladonna5012/PSU/AoI/NewPSUAoIfield-high-ceilingedhallwa.jpg

That's the Pavilion of Air.

This one looks like a green Linear Line to me. No idea what it's supposed to be.
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j46/belladonna5012/PSU/AoI/NewPSUAoIfield-greenlinearline.jpg

I'm willing to bet that's Military Metronilia. I've seen the area once before in the opening movie for Ambition of the Illuminus, and it was filled with a bunch of AMF CASTs, just like the description given for that area.

Sinue_v2
Jul 23, 2007, 07:07 AM
the best they could probally hope for though is nuclear winter unless they also plan to detonate A-photon bombs.

I guess that would depend on the mass of the colony. It's certainly going to do quite a bit of damage regardless. Even (conservatively) estimating that Cylez city is only two kilometers wide, it's just a little blue dot on top of the Guardian Colony - which itself is much larger. The impact which wiped out the dinosaurs on Earth was roughly 10-14 kilometers in size. If the colony is orbiting the sun, then it's already got a pretty decent velocity. Assuming it has sufficient mass, you're looking at a pretty catastrophic event in the making.

Of course, it's just a fantasy RPG though... so the amount of destruction the Guardian Colony will wreak upon Parum is ultimately up to Sonic Team.

CelestialBlade
Jul 23, 2007, 07:30 AM
On 2007-07-23 05:07, Sinue_v2 wrote:

I guess that would depend on the mass of the colony. It's certainly going to do quite a bit of damage regardless. Even (conservatively) estimating that Cylez city is only two kilometers wide, it's just a little blue dot on top of the Guardian Colony - which itself is much larger. The impact which wiped out the dinosaurs on Earth was roughly 10-14 kilometers in size. If the colony is orbiting the sun, then it's already got a pretty decent velocity. Assuming it has sufficient mass, you're looking at a pretty catastrophic event in the making.

Of course, it's just a fantasy RPG though... so the amount of destruction the Guardian Colony will wreak upon Parum is ultimately up to Sonic Team.

Remember that the meteor that struck our planet was indeed 10-14km wide, but it also hit soil loaded with sulphuric rock, multiplying the devastation exponentially. For a global extinction event it'd normally take a bigger rock, or a rock composed of mostly iron. Whether the Guardian's Colony is big enough is anyone's guess, but it looks pretty huge to me.

But you raise a good point, we're trying to apply physics to a fantasy RPG, and that never works XD

Rocks fall. Everyone dies.

Jakosifer
Jul 23, 2007, 09:21 AM
Heheheheheh...I'm more concerned about those A rank GRM Twin Daggers I saw, at least I'll be able to get something cool looking in the expansion..Seeing as how I wont ever find any S rank Twin Daggers...whenever they so decide to release them..*end emoness*

CrimsomWolf
Jul 23, 2007, 09:54 AM
Illuminus may also use fall of the Colony as propaganda tool, i.e blame somebody else on accident. Plus if human govorement gets killed on Parum, than Illuminus may put THEIR agents on goverment positions. Effect: You get puppet goverment run by Illuminus and MASS of humans that are VERY angry (who wouldn't be after somebody dropped a huge station on your planet...) who will demand some sort of justice. Than puppet goverment may start spreading propaganda that the fall of the Colony was plot created by non-humans and greedy bustards from Guardians to enslave "good" humans ect, ect. While saying that COG and Guardians would want to do that may sound as bull%$(^
,people (ESPECIALLY IN FANTASY/SCI-FI) will believe that because they would think that no one would spread such absurd theories unless thay were true...

And Guardians with their allies would have hard time repelling attack of human angry mob that want's to exterminate them in name of genetic patriotism.....
Also in such situation AMF command (or whats left of them) would be replaced with CAST's loyal to Illuminus.
Illuminus+AMF+angry mob= BIG TROUBLE

EspioKaos
Jul 23, 2007, 02:53 PM
On 2007-07-23 12:41, Serephim wrote:
Btw, does anyone else find it odd that 3 planets orbiting eachother is virtually impossible?

They would all collapse into eachother. Or is the gural system 3 planets orbiting the sun and they just so happen to be side by side?

There's a sun in there somewhere. It just never seems to be in the same place depending on what shot the game gives you. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif The planets are not perfectly aligned all the time like they were during the credits of Episode 1, though. That only happens once every 1,000 years.

CelestialBlade
Jul 23, 2007, 03:25 PM
Maybe that big glowy thing in the Dulk Fakis S fight is the sun? Who knows.

Sinue_v2
Jul 23, 2007, 03:33 PM
I don't think the planets orbit the sun on the same path. You often hear mention of Parum being the first planet, Neudaiz as the second planet, and Moatoob as the third. It's likely that that is their order out from the sun, however their orbits overlap each others giving rise to a phenomena once ever (oh, lets just say) 1,000 years where they align perfectly as seen durring the offline mode. The fact that we can see the other planets is because the conjunction has only just happened.

Moreover it's just an artistic licence Sonic Team uses to make the games feel more "sci-fi"-ish. The PPT vector tracks don't mean that the planets have to have a static orbit with each other. It's fantasy. Our own solar system isn't set up that way - yet you see basically the same jump-gate technology being used in Cowboy Bebop.

Speaking of the Solar System... did anyone else catch that reference near chapter 10 and 11 of increased solar activity? Seems odd that Sega would mention it. Could be due to the planets aligning, but then again - the way it's mentioned makes it sound like the activity was unexpected. Why even bother mentioning it if they're not going to follow it up with a reason why the sun's activity increased? Seems like a bit of foreshadowing to me...

EspioKaos
Jul 23, 2007, 03:38 PM
On 2007-07-23 13:33, Sinue_v2 wrote:
Speaking of the Solar System... did anyone else catch that reference near chapter 10 and 11 of increased solar activity? Seems odd that Sega would mention it. Could be due to the planets aligning, but then again - the way it's mentioned makes it sound like the activity was unexpected. Why even bother mentioning it if they're not going to follow it up with a reason why the sun's activity increased? Seems like a bit of foreshadowing to me...

Yeah! I've been wondering if that'll ever be referenced again, and hoping it'll be followed up on. I was a bit disappointed to see the whole idea just seemingly forgotten about.

Esufer
Jul 23, 2007, 03:43 PM
Does anyone know who the grey haired man who bears a resemblance to Magashi might be yet?

EspioKaos
Jul 23, 2007, 03:48 PM
Not yet. Possibly the leader of Illuminus, but all we have at the moment is speculation.

Esufer
Jul 23, 2007, 03:49 PM
i'm thinking it's Olson, maybe? who may also turn out to be the leader of the Illuminus? He does look an awful lot like Magashi though. Does he have a character model on the disk of the current game?

Sinue_v2
Jul 23, 2007, 04:03 PM
He most likely IS Magashi. The REAL Magashi. The Cast is just a, well, a Cast Clone of him that goes and does his dirty work and gets killed in the line of his ambitions so that he doesn't have to. Lou, in fact, even makes reference to Magashi in E2M2 as a "deteriorated cast clone", hence his lower combat power.

It's my suspicion that the real Magashi is very old (he certainly looks it in some reguards) and is being kept alive by other, supernatural, means. Hence, the yellow eyes. In a way, you could equate him to Reipard Lasheic - although he definately has a cooler and more dignified look, rather than resembling Emporor Palpatane cosplaying a CONAN villan.

Esufer
Jul 23, 2007, 04:06 PM
You're saying the real Renvolt Magashi isn't a CAST at all, but a human with a remote control, á la Cait Sith/Reeve?

Sinue_v2
Jul 23, 2007, 04:35 PM
I dunno so much about "remote control", more like a clone who, for all intents and purposes, is him and is working towards the same goal - but a synthetic clone rather than a organic clone. I'm not sure exactly how much control one has over the other.

CelestialBlade
Jul 23, 2007, 08:12 PM
On 2007-07-23 14:03, Sinue_v2 wrote:
He most likely IS Magashi. The REAL Magashi. The Cast is just a, well, a Cast Clone of him that goes and does his dirty work and gets killed in the line of his ambitions so that he doesn't have to. Lou, in fact, even makes reference to Magashi in E2M2 as a "deteriorated cast clone", hence his lower combat power.

It's my suspicion that the real Magashi is very old (he certainly looks it in some reguards) and is being kept alive by other, supernatural, means. Hence, the yellow eyes. In a way, you could equate him to Reipard Lasheic - although he definately has a cooler and more dignified look, rather than resembling Emporor Palpatane cosplaying a CONAN villan.

....it'd be AWESOME if it was Lashiec XD

Alisha
Jul 24, 2007, 12:30 AM
On 2007-07-23 13:38, EspioKaos wrote:

Yeah! I've been wondering if that'll ever be referenced again, and hoping it'll be followed up on. I was a bit disappointed to see the whole idea just seemingly forgotten about.

i think its mentioned to have stopped after the unification point is over in one of hal's reports. but im not 100% positive about since i havent played story mode in several months.

Sinue_v2
Jul 24, 2007, 12:38 AM
Right, solar activity has gone back to normal after the Unification Point - but why was it news in the first place? Or rather, news presented to the player. The Unification Point was already a special enough event as it was - but to point out an otherwise obscure little detail like the solar activity increase seems to allude to the point that theres more to the event than we initially realize.

DikkyRay
Jul 24, 2007, 12:56 AM
Ugh. Hal. The only story character i wanted to shoot myself when i saw her.
And she looked so cool in the promo...

Tekknight
Jul 24, 2007, 12:58 AM
I JUST noticed the "cactus chairs" in the vid! Cool! I HOPE this means there will also be "regular chairs". Back in the day when I first saw the cosmo fountain on PSOWorld, I thought there were futuristic chairs! Imagine my surprise when I lined up 3 thinking I made a "sitting" area in my room. And then they simultaneously opened! My friends never fail to tease over the "toilets in my living room"! LOL

landman
Jul 24, 2007, 01:47 AM
On 2007-07-23 14:03, Sinue_v2 wrote:
It's my suspicion that the real Magashi is very old (he certainly looks it in some reguards) and is being kept alive by other, supernatural, means. Hence, the yellow eyes. In a way, you could equate him to Reipard Lasheic

Lumilas xD

How old is/was Magashi? the same age the Endrum was founded? I don't remember clearly

CrimsomWolf
Jul 24, 2007, 03:34 AM
I think that somewhere there was mention about Magashi beign about 67 years old....

Esufer
Jul 24, 2007, 07:53 AM
WAIT!

in EP1 of PSU, didn't the SEED come from somewhere that looked like a sun?

Increased solar activity anyone? :/

CrimsomWolf
Jul 24, 2007, 08:24 AM
So the SEED waited IN sun until they detected sufficient levels of A-Photon energy to "feed" on?
Like the Scrin from Command & Conquer 3?

Not likely, BUT NOT impossible.....

Esufer
Jul 24, 2007, 08:28 AM
Not a clue.

Just watch the intro movie. That 'thing' they come from looks a lot more like a sun than a HIVE, in my opinion.

CrimsomWolf
Jul 24, 2007, 08:32 AM
It COULD be sun.... but it may be some sort of SEED "mothership" or they homeworld...,

Also most of the time that thing is shown during Maidens vision, so it can in another galaxy..

But, upon closer look, it does look a bit like a sun...
But as I mentioned it could be everything

Esufer
Jul 24, 2007, 08:34 AM
Yeah, the SEED aren't from Gurhal. Well, the tri-planetary system anyway. Remember they said there were more SEED from a HIVE far outside the orbit of Gurhal?

And this 'star,' when it switches to the second shot of the SEED heading toward the Gurhal System, from the bottom of the screen, it looks like it's a LONG way away.

Alis-Landeel
Jul 24, 2007, 08:35 AM
I don't believe that Guardian's Colony's crash will destroy any planet. It will disintegrate itself mostly in the atmosphere. Only some rests will fall down on the surface. In the video we can see some pieces of something burns in the atmosphere of an unidentified planet.

And... i think Magashi is the cast version of Doctor Olson. We can see it in the cover, otherwise in the video too.

Esufer
Jul 24, 2007, 08:37 AM
We don't know it's Olson for sure though, yet.

CrimsomWolf
Jul 24, 2007, 08:42 AM
On 2007-07-24 06:35, Alis-Landeel wrote:
I don't believe that Guardian's Colony's crash will destroy any planet. It will disintegrate itself mostly in the atmosphere. Only some rests will fall down on the surface. In the video we can see some pieces of something burns in the atmosphere of an unidentified planet.

And... i think Magashi is the cast version of Doctor Olson. We can see it in the cover, otherwise in the video too.

The Guardians Colony doesn't have to be hole to cause huge damage... object that's roughtly about 2km can turn London or Prague in huge crater... considerating that MAJORITY of Parum is covered in buildings collateral damage will be HUGE, especially sence it's a fictional sci-fi story.(YES I do believe that planet over there is Parum, hence it matches with it.)

And out of curiosity wasn't Olson Waber a guardian?? Unless he had some kind of doctrorate from science,to be a doctor(logically) but that would have been mentioned in Ep.1

Kinako78
Jul 24, 2007, 09:06 AM
On 2007-07-20 08:25, Jaspaller wrote:
*hopes for CCA and towers in PSU videos*

That would be cool.

Alis-Landeel
Jul 24, 2007, 09:09 AM
On 2007-07-24 06:42, CrimsomWolf wrote:
The Guardians Colony doesn't have to be hole to cause huge damage... object that's roughtly about 2km can turn London or Prague in huge crater... considerating that MAJORITY of Parum is covered in buildings collateral damage will be HUGE, especially sence it's a fictional sci-fi story.(YES I do believe that planet over there is Parum, hence it matches with it.)

And out of curiosity wasn't Olson Waber a guardian?? Unless he had some kind of doctrorate from science,to be a doctor(logically) but that would have been mentioned in Ep.1

It's a huge object, indeed. But it's not a full density solid object as could be an asteroid or a meteor. As every space human creation the Guardian's Colony must have a light metal structure, with a low density mass. It will be melted like snow in sunlight, when it'll pass through the atmosphere. All IMHO!!

CrimsomWolf
Jul 24, 2007, 09:19 AM
If I remember correctly than remains of MIR (old russian spacestation) actually made to Earth (well some of them) and crashed into sea. Besides PSU is sci-fi story. So it's probably made of some kind of metal that doesn't exsists... Besides I think I saw remains of G-Colony passing throught atmosphere to Parum. It wasn't shown that they hit their "target" though.

Esufer
Jul 24, 2007, 09:26 AM
On 2007-07-24 07:09, Alis-Landeel wrote:

On 2007-07-24 06:42, CrimsomWolf wrote:

It's a huge object, indeed. But it's not a full density solid object as could be an asteroid or a meteor. As every space human creation the Guardian's Colony must have a light metal structure, with a low density mass. It will be melted like snow in sunlight, when it'll pass through the atmosphere. All IMHO!!

But it's full of people.
And vehicles.
And weapons.
And presumably an A-Photon reactor.

ASPLOOOODE.

Alis-Landeel
Jul 24, 2007, 09:39 AM
On 2007-07-24 07:19, CrimsomWolf wrote:
If I remember correctly than remains of MIR (old russian spacestation) actually made to Earth (well some of them) and crashed into sea. Besides PSU is sci-fi story. So it's probably made of some kind of metal that doesn't exsists... Besides I think I saw remains of G-Colony passing throught atmosphere to Parum. It wasn't shown that they hit their "target" though.

The falling down of MIR was piloted, as every satellite or space module, with fall angle and trajectory, to recover parts. Besides, i don't think that the Guardian's Colony will not make damages on the surface. I think it too. But I think also that no cataclism, disaster or annihilation of human species will occur.

However It's not for sure that Guardian's Colony will fall down on Parum. When Hal talks in the other video we can read that Neudaiz will be damaged.

CrimsomWolf
Jul 24, 2007, 09:45 AM
I wasn't thinking about that either.... Destroying entire race using one space station is (nearly) impossible. But to create a diversion for Illuminus, destroying goverment and terrorising people?

YES

Alis-Landeel
Jul 24, 2007, 09:49 AM
On 2007-07-24 07:45, CrimsomWolf wrote:
I wasn't thinking about that either.... Destroying entire race using one space station is (nearly) impossible. But to create a diversion for Illuminus, destroying goverment and terrorising people?

YES

Terrorise people it's ok. Destroy entire cities or government not, imho.
But... useless talking about it now. We'll see it soon! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Sinue_v2
Jul 24, 2007, 10:27 AM
Destroying entire race using one space station is (nearly) impossible.

http://rpg-home.lunar-net.com/psg2-web/pictures/movie_07_05.png

Tell that to the Palmans.

Esufer
Jul 24, 2007, 10:30 AM
On 2007-07-24 08:27, Sinue_v2 wrote:

Wow, Rudo got to the last level of Virtual On: Oratorio Tangram? Score.

Alis-Landeel
Jul 24, 2007, 10:32 AM
On 2007-07-24 08:27, Sinue_v2 wrote:

Gaira was another thing.

CrimsomWolf
Jul 24, 2007, 10:34 AM
I said Nearly

That meant that it is possible...
Just statistical probability of something like this happening is very low. Besides in accordnance with Murphy's Law bad thing that we didn't expect to happen usually happen

Still it's only 0,0009% probability that Parum will be physically destroyed by G-Colony. Too many whining fans.

Kylie
Jul 24, 2007, 11:18 AM
On 2007-07-20 09:33, Esufer wrote:

Same because it saddens me that her words match her lip movements! Wtf. How come the Japanese got all the decent vocal artists in their country? =$

Zeota
Jul 24, 2007, 11:40 AM
Dropping a colony? Does anyone else think this reeks of Gundam?

CelestialBlade
Jul 24, 2007, 11:41 AM
I'd laugh in the colony took out Crimson Beast and Plains Overlord, and left everything else untouched.

Esufer
Jul 24, 2007, 11:42 AM
On 2007-07-24 09:40, DarkEpyon00 wrote:
Dropping a colony? Does anyone else think this reeks of Gundam?

I thought it smelled more of Megaman X5 personally.

KTani
Jul 25, 2007, 02:17 PM
I know this is kind of an old topic, I didn't get the chance to post this til now:

About the Guardians Colony destruction stuff. The FMVs are all from episode 2 I assume, since episode 3 is to be AotI's online story mode, which I doubt would have FMVs. That means that we'll probably have some idea of what's going on there fairly soon, because episode 2 is the current online story mode story. The Japanese servers may well get to that point in the story before AotI even comes out. Unless the online story just stops with "continued in AotI", with the full story only being in AotI's offline story mode.

Seems kinda obvious, but I don't think anyone mentioned that. Discuss. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

EDIT: Just remembered something else I wanted to say. In online story mode your "guide" says there are many cities identical to Clyez, but I got the impression that that was just an in-character explanation for the servers. Clyez takes up the whole of the blue dome seen from outside the colony. There are no other blue domes that could be "identical" cities. There do appear to be various structures floating nearby, and of course the Linear Lines and the ring around the central dome, but they're far from Clyez and too small to be cities, as I said. I think those are actually the factories referenced in story mode. It kind of makes sense to keep the nasty smelly factories out of the high tech utopia, after all. So in the event of Clyez safely detaching and the rest of the colony asploding, it's likely that the majority of the populace would survive since they'd be in Clyez. I assume, however, that there are people working in those factories, and that the Linear Lines often leave Clyez to get to those places, so there would be casualties.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KTani on 2007-07-25 12:24 ]</font>

WBMike
Jul 26, 2007, 08:49 PM
On 2007-07-25 12:17, KTani wrote:
I know this is kind of an old topic, I didn't get the chance to post this til now:

About the Guardians Colony destruction stuff. The FMVs are all from episode 2 I assume, since episode 3 is to be AotI's online story mode, which I doubt would have FMVs. That means that we'll probably have some idea of what's going on there fairly soon, because episode 2 is the current online story mode story. The Japanese servers may well get to that point in the story before AotI even comes out. Unless the online story just stops with "continued in AotI", with the full story only being in AotI's offline story mode.

Seems kinda obvious, but I don't think anyone mentioned that. Discuss. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

EDIT: Just remembered something else I wanted to say. In online story mode your "guide" says there are many cities identical to Clyez, but I got the impression that that was just an in-character explanation for the servers. Clyez takes up the whole of the blue dome seen from outside the colony. There are no other blue domes that could be "identical" cities. There do appear to be various structures floating nearby, and of course the Linear Lines and the ring around the central dome, but they're far from Clyez and too small to be cities, as I said. I think those are actually the factories referenced in story mode. It kind of makes sense to keep the nasty smelly factories out of the high tech utopia, after all. So in the event of Clyez safely detaching and the rest of the colony asploding, it's likely that the majority of the populace would survive since they'd be in Clyez. I assume, however, that there are people working in those factories, and that the Linear Lines often leave Clyez to get to those places, so there would be casualties.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KTani on 2007-07-25 12:24 ]</font>

But I wonder, wouldn't the Mission select screen on the Gaurdians Colony represent this change. It should just show Cylez City and nothing else.

EspioKaos
Jul 26, 2007, 11:16 PM

Back on this, I just realized something. If I heard her correctly, in the promo video, the Divine Maiden says that the SEED are coming from the sun. Not sure if it's Gurhal's sun or one from another system, but they're coming from a sun nonetheless.

Allison_W
Jul 26, 2007, 11:22 PM
On 2007-07-26 21:16, EspioKaos wrote:

Back on this, I just realized something. If I heard her correctly, in the promo video, the Divine Maiden says that the SEED are coming from the sun. Not sure if it's Gurhal's sun or one from another system, but they're coming from a sun nonetheless.

If that's true, it would be kind of strange that extreme heat would be involved in the removal of SEED cores.

MayLee
Jul 26, 2007, 11:25 PM
On 2007-07-26 21:22, Allison_W wrote:

On 2007-07-26 21:16, EspioKaos wrote:

If that's true, it would be kind of strange that extreme heat would be involved in the removal of SEED cores.

Let's all hope for a Solar eclips. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Sinue_v2
Jul 27, 2007, 12:04 AM
Let's all hope for a Solar eclips.

But there are three planets, you'd only have an eclipse on one of them

Interesting that the SeeD would come from the sun, as Allison pointed out that extreme heat is what the AMF uses to purge SeeD cores with. It was also stated several times that the SeeD come from the HIVES. Perhaps it is an intermediary. I'm wondering if the SeeD we're currently fighting aren't the same SeeD that the ancient civilization sealed away 12,000 years ago. That there is a fissure in the seal which is allowing the SeeD to escape. Once out of the seal, they are attracted to A-Photons - which were previously the HIVES were the only source of.

What if there is a darker force within the seal that Gurhalians don't know about - one that is sending out Dulk Fakis's to the HIVES where (I believe in-game it states that Fakis serves to oversee the creation and the deployment of the SeeD). It reeks of PSIV's "Dark Rift" and the release of multiple DF's to oversee the PD's bidding. In this case, building an army of SeeD. This could very well explain the machinations of the Illuminus using the SeeD to wipe out various artifical races - yet all the while being manipulated and used by the darkness to serve it's own goal.

Perhaps this will end up tying into the whole "Great Light vs. Profound Darkness" struggle after all? Or perhaps it's just wishful thinking. The idea of a crack in the fissure means that somehow it's either going to have to be repaired - or the force inside of it sending out the SeeD will have to be defeated ala PSIV, which could turn out spectacularly well or horribly awful depending on how Sonic Team handles it.

Kr3w
Jul 27, 2007, 03:58 AM
i didnt follow i dont kno what she said