PDA

View Full Version : Newm WarTecher and PM/Equip

DLShAdOw
Jul 20, 2007, 01:59 PM
I think this would be a good combo, It allows crea weapons and gives you a chance to focus more on the magic. The WarTecher's strong defenses evasion and health would also make up for the Newm's weaknesses in those catagories.

....uhhh, Discuss!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DLShAdOw on 2007-07-20 18:30 ]</font>

Inazuma
Jul 20, 2007, 02:09 PM
FT is better but its your choice how strong you wanna be

Shiro_Ryuu
Jul 20, 2007, 02:10 PM
Well, I would say go ahead and make it. I have a Newman Wartecher and I'll say that she's pretty awesome. It's a very fun class to play. Newmans have awesome magic and mediocre melee, so you'll do just fine.

Retehi
Jul 20, 2007, 02:10 PM
lol, Creas.

CelestialBlade
Jul 20, 2007, 02:11 PM
I tried a Newearl Wartecher and I pretty much hated it, but I also wanted to focus on the Melee side, so my opinion's pretty biased. Thus I went to Beast WT and I love it to death.

I can see there being good potential, but you're not going to be able to use any good melee weapons until very high levels. But your EVP will be sick and of course, you'll be very good with Technics. When AoI comes our way, Newman Wartechers will be even more awesome.

Akaimizu
Jul 20, 2007, 02:12 PM
It's probably a fun way to Melee with a Newman. And yes, people will start talking about beasts and Casts and stuff; but I think it's a fun idea. Late game, buffs get better and better, so it's always nice to see how well you improve because bigger numbers get bigger gains. I see it at character level 73 as a Level 10 Gunbunny with Level 1 Buffs. Love to see the difference when a Level 2 does it with Melee.

Still, as with a lot of satisfying roles, you have to deal with the initial growing pains. Spells are decent; but I doubt you want to forgo Melee. It's the reason you went Wartecher, in the first place.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-07-20 12:19 ]</font>

Dragwind
Jul 20, 2007, 02:26 PM
Well, the way you play wartecher depends mostly on the race you choose. Obviously if you go Newman WT, you'll probably want to focus a bit more on your techs, but choose your melee pa's wisely and focus on them a bit less.

Niered
Jul 20, 2007, 02:30 PM
Its a good idea, just minus the crea part.

Creas WOULD have been god weapons if their ATP didnt take such a gahdamm sucker punch. Sure, the added ability to hit another enemy is nice, but realistically we newmans (and to a lesser extent humans) really dont need to take a bigger hit to our already abysmal ATP.

Dragwind
Jul 20, 2007, 02:37 PM
Yeah, you'll find yourself quickly throwing away those crea's. Crea's would be worth it if the extra attack had better range. More than half the time, you don't hit the extra target.

Akaimizu
Jul 20, 2007, 02:37 PM
Neither did the Humans, which have a bit better ATP, but still fairly down there. A big reason why Crea weapons got the big thumbs down. Yep. Give weapons with bad ATP to the 2 races that need ATP the most, with them. I guess, if you happen to have one of those rare high-level Power Charges, they'll get good, but at the cost of the same Unit making a different weapon choice better than the Crea choice.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-07-20 12:39 ]</font>

Para
Jul 20, 2007, 02:39 PM
I agree that in the future Newman wartechers will be awesome. lv 30 attack techs should make a good difference compared to today's newman wartechers.

Besides atleast your hp and def wont be so gimped like fortetechers.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Para on 2007-07-20 12:51 ]</font>

Shiro_Ryuu
Jul 20, 2007, 02:55 PM
I don't really see Humans as having low ATP just because they're in the lower half. Its just that the only race that's weaker than them aren't really so bad with their ATP either. Beasts and CASTs have it much worse with their TP IMO.

DLShAdOw
Jul 20, 2007, 03:09 PM
I never new that crea weapons were so...bad.

SuperChoco
Jul 20, 2007, 03:19 PM
In wartechers low atp+low atp weapon= bad. The only crea I would see to get would be the sword, but WTs can't use swords...

Shiro_Ryuu
Jul 20, 2007, 03:35 PM
Wartechers can still use spears, claws, sabers, and single daggers, which give good ATP. With a 9* spear, the difference between a Female Newman and Male Beast can be very negligible, and if the Female Newman, or even both put on a power unit like Solid Power S or Cati Power, the difference will be even more negligible.

XReikaX
Jul 20, 2007, 05:23 PM
-.- Im a female Newman WT and I do just fine melee damage wise...Plus the higher TP is a plus when Im up against melee resistant enemies...I say go for it.

malice_nyc
Jul 20, 2007, 05:54 PM
On 2007-07-20 12:37, Akaimizu wrote:
Give weapons with bad ATP to the 2 races that need ATP the most, with them.

I always found it funny that Crea weapons are only melee, when the two races that can use them are #3 and #4 in ATP, but #1 and #2 in TP... why no crea wands?

On topic, Newmans make decent wartechers, I played that for a while on my PS2 main, but I was already capped in the the other melee and tech classes, so I had things a little easy... I don't think the stats are the problem (WT has the highest HP for newmans) so much as the PA limits... but lots of people love playing WT, so obviously that's not such a huge issue.

February
Jul 20, 2007, 05:57 PM
On 2007-07-20 12:10, Retehi wrote:
lol, Creas.

I grinded one to ten, and am now happy with my crea saber http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Siege
Jul 20, 2007, 06:31 PM
I play as a Newman WT and love it. Although not the best in dps, I find it to be a very versatile race/class combo. With bows, decent techs, and good melee weapons (spear, twin dagger, dagger, saber, etc.) I have yet to find a mission where my character is not useful. At higher lvs you'll really start to see some decent tech dmg, but be prepared to grind some wands.

DonRoyale
Jul 20, 2007, 08:10 PM
My advice: Go fT until you can comfortably solo the mission you're doing on S2.

Then you might last five seconds in that mission.

Seriously, hate to say it, but it does NOT work http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

DLShAdOw
Jul 20, 2007, 08:29 PM
I am now a lvl 18 WT, but which PM would do the best job of supporting me in battle?

redsnow
Jul 20, 2007, 08:30 PM
I am currently playing a Female/Newman/Wartecher ... I love it. It takes a while to melee, but it can be done.. your TECHNICs still do respectable damage and you are not a piece of tissuepaper as you might be as a Fortetecher ...

Point is tho... Dont look for acceptance from other people if this is a combo that makes you happy. If you want to please everyone then only do the combos that are "optimal" in everyone elses eyes, but I garuantee you, you may not have as much fun as you would making up your own mind.

Happiness begins with you ... not us...

Food for thought.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: redsnow on 2007-07-20 18:31 ]</font>

Siege
Jul 21, 2007, 01:24 AM
It certainly DOES work. Like I said, you'll be weak at lower lvs, but as you raise your general lv and job lv, you'll see considerable improvement to atp and tp. I think a lot of people make the mistake of comparing the newm WT to the beast or cast, but because of racial differences, they play totally different despite being the same class. As for your PM...no clue. I just use mine to synth.