PDA

View Full Version : Booted because of race/class combo?

Notos
Jul 20, 2007, 04:48 PM
I've been told people get boot if they choose the wrong race/class combo. However, I have yet to experience that myself while trying out the classes myself on my newman. The only class I have yet to try is fightgunner and I'm going to try tonight. Do people really get booted for the wrong race/class combo? Or maybe it's just fightgunner? BTW, I'm on PS2/PC server. So I don't know about 360 server.

Davot
Jul 20, 2007, 04:54 PM
i have im trying beast ForteGunner lol

February
Jul 20, 2007, 04:56 PM
my main has been a Newman Fighgunner since they released the expert classes, I've never been booted from a game, ever. So I haven't seen this happen. If anyone does, it just means they aren't all that bright.

Realmz
well i've been running around with wands and wot wot on a Cast WT, and have yet to be booted

maybe it's cause i'm lv 70 and the people i party with ain't idiots...

GunnerGoddess
I never was when my newman was protranser and I was kinda expecting to be booted

Deja
Jul 20, 2007, 04:58 PM
lol, I used to get booted until I made some comic. But yeah, if they didn't know who I was, they would hit the *PUNT* button as soon as I joined and pulled out a rod.

But, if you act nice, do your best, and have fun, most of the PS2/PC community will let you stay. Nowadays, it seems only jerks get booted, since many have come to respect what race/class/PAs/weapons/armor we choose.

It's nice.

*gets booted from topic for being Cast fT*

February
Jul 20, 2007, 05:04 PM
I also remember a time when any race playing a Protranser had a chance to get kicked.

malice_nyc
Jul 20, 2007, 06:01 PM
I've played "bad" race/class combos (melee Newman and CAST FT) for a long time and have yet to get booted from any game for it. I wouldn't worry. Plus, if someone does boot you... you probably wouldn't want to play with them anyway..

The best is when no one even realizes what race you are... people were always surprised to see my Caseal use her SUV... or seeing those pointy ears on an axe-wielding FF http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

-Ryuki-
Jul 20, 2007, 06:02 PM
Reminds me of when I had a ProTranser, lvl 1, at around the lvl 25's. I was never booted, and I was the
gimpiest class in every party I joined. Also, I was doing nothing but spamming Firebows, so there's a
good chance everyone thought I was a ForteTecher >.>

Mystil
Jul 20, 2007, 07:35 PM
I was harrassed once for being a lvl45 newman hunter but I was never kicked, the irony is that it was a NEWMAN who was talking me down. Being a human granted me one thing when I made the switch: No one rags on me about a damn thing and I'm almost never around beast FF lovers(for a good reason no doubt) so it's all good. People can play what they want, and I've said it once and I'll say it again, class/race bonus doesn't amount to anything.

Packrat
Jul 20, 2007, 07:51 PM
I've been told my female newman is a better fortefighter than most beast/cast/human ones. Apparently I don't send mobs flying and actually try to get mobs to follow me while the techers and rangers do their thing. Seems like the majority of fF like to do that and I don't, hence the <3 they have for me..

Allison_W
Jul 20, 2007, 07:55 PM
On 2007-07-20 14:58, Deja wrote:
lol, I used to get booted until I made some comic. But yeah, if they didn't know who I was, they would hit the *PUNT* button as soon as I joined and pulled out a rod.

But, if you act nice, do your best, and have fun, most of the PS2/PC community will let you stay. Nowadays, it seems only jerks get booted, since many have come to respect what race/class/PAs/weapons/armor we choose.

It's nice.

*gets booted from topic for being Cast fT*

It's kind of funny, really. How many of those people who boot the FT that's only gimped at attack techs do you think would just as soon their FT never do anything but babysit them with Shifta and Resta?

EspioKaos
Jul 20, 2007, 08:09 PM
I don't recall any cases where I've been booted for being a certain type, and playing as a beast Fortetecher, that kind of surprises me since some people don't expect beasts to be able to use TECHNICs too well. I have, however, been booted for being male. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Now, I have had people try to ridicule me for my race/type decision. I've had the whole "ur beast ft!?!1 lolrofl y???" and all, but that's about it.

beatrixkiddo
Jul 20, 2007, 08:14 PM
O shi

You're Logan? :3 I've played with you. Also with regards to the person who mentioned Beast Fortegunner: Fortegunner has an insane ATA modifier; even a Beast can be FG with no problems whatsoever. The TP modifier on Fortetecher isn't enough for an attack TECHNIC CAST Fortetecher to even come close to the damage output of a Newman, however. I've never played a Newman Hunter-type, so I can't say with any certainty how that works out.

Anduril
Jul 20, 2007, 08:16 PM
I got booted because with my alt I was a Newman Hunter. It's hard to find a low level party that will accept "mismatched" characters for me.

EspioKaos
Jul 20, 2007, 08:26 PM
On 2007-07-20 18:14, beatrixkiddo wrote:
O shi

You're Logan? :3 I've played with you.

Indeed, you have. I remember you. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif I believe we did some missions with Snow. And someone else whose name escapes me at the moment.

Dublio
Jul 20, 2007, 09:26 PM
I read the topic title and just knew Deja would post in it. =D

beatrixkiddo
Jul 20, 2007, 09:33 PM
Didn't we play during the JP Beta together as well?

360NyTeMaRe
Jul 20, 2007, 09:33 PM
I'm making a Newman Guntecher, and people invite me just to boot me.

God forbid I make a Newman Guntecher who can heal for a little (probably a lot) more than a monomate.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 360NyTeMaRe on 2007-07-20 19:34 ]</font>

juno-6
Jul 20, 2007, 09:35 PM
i got booted once when i was a beast ranger.

Almighty_Envy
Jul 20, 2007, 09:40 PM
I got booted once for being a Female Newman WT.

I remembered the persons name and ID and when they joined my party when i was playing as my main i returned the favor.

And yes, I made sure to say " Revenge is a bitch isnt it. "

DreadKnight
Jul 20, 2007, 11:32 PM
lol. People need to relax. I've seen "odd" class/race combinations (CAST Fortetecher for one) and they did their job just fine. When I'm the leader and see "odd" combinations I make a note of it, but also I keep in mind that it's a game and we're here to have fun. As long as a player isn't really hurting my party, I could careless if they tag along. I really wish more people had that attitude. Their loss. I have more friends http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

F-Gattaca
Jul 20, 2007, 11:46 PM
On 2007-07-20 14:58, Deja wrote:

"Hey baby, wanna see my Psycho--" *CROTCHKICK*

I actually haven't seen boots due to "wrong" class/race combos yet ... I do a lot of random partying, too.

ljkkjlcm9
Jul 20, 2007, 11:52 PM
I had problems when I was beast fortetecher leveling resta, unless it was a group of friends.

Other than that, I've only been "booted" because I talk during missions lol. Imagine that, talking to people in an online game!!!

THE JACKEL

Kion
Jul 20, 2007, 11:58 PM
On 2007-07-20 21:57, Kion wrote:
[quote]On 2007-07-20 19:33, 360NyTeMaRe wrote:
I'm making a Newman Guntecher, and people invite me just to boot me.

God forbid I make a Newman Guntecher who can heal for a little (probably a lot) more than a monomate.

Newmans get a boost for being any kind of techer. It's one of the intended class combinations. Anyone who boots you isn't some kind of race-pure elitest, they're just plain stupid.

I remember doing labs to level force on my cast for gt. The only techs I had room for were resta and reverser, so I nothing spammed nothing but those while I let the rest of my party do the dirty work. At first my teamates made fun of me, but come block 3 after I saved their asses several times, they started refering to me as "heal-bot". After that a Newman force joined the party, and I was expecting to get made fun of, but I kept healing and he was like "omg wow, I can finally level techs with out people bitching for heals, thanks."

Powder Keg
Jul 21, 2007, 12:01 AM
I've never seen this happen. The only people I've booted or had booted were people without scapes (when it was written in the team desc), armor-less, unresponsive-as-to-why people who enter teams. This was of course when we were all MP-whores and when scape dolls mattered even more.

Honestly, in every team I've been in I've never run into a disruptive or abusive player. Of course I've seen a few in the lobby,,,,,but even still, there really doesn't seem to be a big problem here.

chibiLegolas
Jul 21, 2007, 12:35 AM
I've only been booted once as a mid level Cast GT. But he booted me while I wasn't even finished loading my weapon. So I'm still not sure why I got booted at the time. (forgot to lock room perhaps?).
But yea, I've never been booted using my FOcaseal. I've usually either gotten laughs for my race/class combo, or pats on the back for trying it out and sticking to it.
I mostly join random rooms as well. Ppl usually are ok with my buff/debuff + fans playstyle.

VanHalen
Jul 21, 2007, 12:44 AM
The whole time I've had my main as Newman Hunter, Fortefighter, or Fighgunner I haven't been booted from a party. Though I expected to be. The two times I was booted was for taking the final spot in a party when they were about to lock it for a friend, and two being lvl 3.

ryvius
Jul 21, 2007, 01:47 AM
I've two manned Bruce A with a Beast fortegunner and Cast FT.. as long as you play smart, they can do their jobs decently, even if they won't be AS good as a good player playing the ideal class/race combo.

D1ABOLIK
Jul 21, 2007, 01:53 AM
I joined a party mid mission once that was all cast,(which i didnt know that at the time).And instantly got yelled at for my character being a beast and how could i be so stupid to not make a cast character.Mind you these were all high level characters too.Then after the leader told me i was a fucking idiot and beast should be removed from the game i got booted before i could even say anything back to him.Wish i could say his name on here to warn you guys but i wont.Hes on 360 servers.Real douchebag.

________
Mflb vaporizer (http://mflbvaporizer.com)

DEM_CIG
Jul 21, 2007, 01:59 AM
i remember being a cast force but i never got booted... good timez.

drizzle
Jul 21, 2007, 04:35 AM
This booting for stupid reasons happens only on a certain platform. But it seems I can't say that or my post will be deleted.

Mystil
Jul 21, 2007, 06:32 AM
You're wrong anyway. There's been stories of booting on the 360 in the past =P, the one famous one being for those who didn't have a mic >_>.

Realmz
Jul 21, 2007, 06:37 AM
On 2007-07-20 21:58, Kion wrote:

I remember doing labs to level force on my cast for gt. The only techs I had room for were resta and reverser, so I nothing spammed nothing but those while I let the rest of my party do the dirty work. At first my teamates made fun of me, but come block 3 after I saved their asses several times, they started refering to me as "heal-bot". After that a Newman force joined the party, and I was expecting to get made fun of, but I kept healing and he was like "omg wow, I can finally level techs with out people bitching for heals, thanks."

hah i kinda go into that mode when my parties fight bosses i know i can't damage (stupid horse thing in relics >.<) only i'm a cast, so it takes longer to refil HP XD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Realmz on 2007-07-21 04:38 ]</font>

Sasamichan
Jul 21, 2007, 06:45 AM
On 2007-07-20 18:26, EspioKaos wrote:

On 2007-07-20 18:14, beatrixkiddo wrote:
O shi

You're Logan? :3 I've played with you.

Indeed, you have. I remember you. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif I believe we did some missions with Snow. And someone else whose name escapes me at the moment.

Are you the Logan that was booted from Suzette's party the other day?

EspioKaos
Jul 21, 2007, 07:27 AM
On 2007-07-21 04:45, Sasamichan wrote:

That would be me. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Sasamichan
Jul 21, 2007, 07:39 AM
On 2007-07-21 05:27, EspioKaos wrote:

On 2007-07-21 04:45, Sasamichan wrote:

That would be me. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Hehe. You got booted for the dumbest reason, booted for having a male character. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

EspioKaos
Jul 21, 2007, 08:26 AM
On 2007-07-21 05:39, Sasamichan wrote:
Hehe. You got booted for the dumbest reason, booted for having a male character. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Heh heh, yeah. At least it gives me something to laugh at now. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

beatrixkiddo
Jul 21, 2007, 08:33 AM
On 2007-07-21 04:32, Mystil wrote:
You're wrong anyway. There's been stories of booting on the 360 in the past =P, the one famous one being for those who didn't have a mic >_>.

That's the console being obliquely referred to.

redsnow
Jul 21, 2007, 08:36 AM
I was booted once for saying "Desu" thats about it....

Rayokarna
Jul 21, 2007, 08:38 AM
On 2007-07-21 06:36, redsnow wrote:
I was booted once for saying "Desu" thats about it....

Why would someone boot you for that?

EspioKaos
Jul 21, 2007, 09:39 AM
On 2007-07-20 19:33, beatrixkiddo wrote:
Didn't we play during the JP Beta together as well?

Hmm. I can't recall. What was your character's name during the beta?

beatrixkiddo
Jul 21, 2007, 09:40 AM
Wappy kanjis =P I was the black-colored FOcast who lagged behind everyone and never could get exp =_= I hit the Lv30 cap on the very last day =p

McStiggity
Jul 21, 2007, 10:07 AM
Been booted for being a Newman WT... -_- was told I should have been a Beast FF if I wanted to melee.

Almighty_Envy
Jul 21, 2007, 10:27 AM
Almost forgot i got booted for my shotty bullets being lvl 11.

O and yes, I remembered their name and ID as well and im going to remove them at the end of the run to really piss them off.

EspioKaos
Jul 21, 2007, 10:33 AM
On 2007-07-21 07:40, beatrixkiddo wrote:
Wappy kanjis =P I was the black-colored FOcast who lagged behind everyone and never could get exp =_= I hit the Lv30 cap on the very last day =p

Nah, don't think we did. I'd remember that name if we had! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

KidoKresh
Jul 21, 2007, 10:36 AM
I got booted once for being a Beast Fighguner, bu't now im a Newman F fT so I shouldn't get booted from parties...hopefully at all.

Eureka
Jul 21, 2007, 10:49 AM
On 2007-07-20 17:35, Mystil wrote:
I was harrassed once for being a lvl45 newman hunter but I was never kicked, the irony is that it was a NEWMAN who was talking me down. Being a human granted me one thing when I made the switch: No one rags on me about a damn thing and I'm almost never around beast FF lovers(for a good reason no doubt) so it's all good. People can play what they want, and I've said it once and I'll say it again, class/race bonus doesn't amount to anything.

I remember telling a 40 something Newman hunter to go level his job because he was too busy harassing me and my friend on 4th floor of Universe 1. IF that was you, it had nothing to do with your job / class combo (because such things don't matter to me)...but more with the fact if you had time to waste harassing me you could have been leveling your hunter.

If you aren't the one I meet, well...sorry for you experience.

Korokodo13
Jul 21, 2007, 10:53 AM
On 2007-07-21 04:32, Mystil wrote:

All three of my mics broke so I just tell the party leader that i can hear but my mic broke and they just assume that i have a keyboard So far I havent been booted for not having a mic but I was booted in the old days when PTs were booted no matter what

Shishi-O
Jul 21, 2007, 11:05 AM
On 2007-07-20 14:48, Notos wrote:
I've been told people get boot if they choose the wrong race/class combo. However, I have yet to experience that myself while trying out the classes myself on my newman. The only class I have yet to try is fightgunner and I'm going to try tonight. Do people really get booted for the wrong race/class combo? Or maybe it's just fightgunner? BTW, I'm on PS2/PC server. So I don't know about 360 server.

on 360 there are a ton of asshole and few kwl peeps, so if thats where u r, i'll be back on 7/30

i'll run with you

Cerberus1981
Jul 21, 2007, 11:20 AM
I've probably been booted all of 5 times and most of the time it was because they told me they wanted to solo or they were at the boss and they didn't want to share the wealth, fair enough.

Never been booted because of my race/class combo (I'm a Cast Fortefighter on the 360 version).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cerberus1981 on 2007-07-21 09:22 ]</font>

Sexy_Raine
Jul 21, 2007, 11:42 AM
My Nova has never been critized for being Human Fortegunner. Simply put, I didn't want a Cast FoG serving me,since one already does a hunter role. Plus, she looks better than some Cast FoG.

MSAksion
Jul 21, 2007, 12:33 PM
This is why I don't like random parties. The Leader has WAAAAY too much power.

Last Day of Max Luck week - hanging with a leader who BOOTED us as soon as the De Ragon was dead! We're not sure if anything dropped - he just USED our strength to beat the boss then get any potential rares!

There should be a vote system - it should take the leader and 1 or 2 other people to CONFIRM boot.

Shiro_Ryuu
Jul 21, 2007, 01:20 PM
Well, I don't see why Humans would get criticized for anything, unless that person criticizing them is an extreme elitist who only wants the best combinations like Beast Hunter, CAST Ranger, and Newman Force only because Human are good at every job.

Lyrix
Jul 21, 2007, 01:29 PM
yup, thats why i like being human, i can do whatever i want and no one has a real reason to criticize me XD

VanHalen
Jul 21, 2007, 01:33 PM
Dang Humans and your good at everything ;_;

*boots one cause they don't get booted for that*

Prima
Jul 21, 2007, 01:36 PM
On 2007-07-20 19:40, Almighty_Envy wrote:
I got booted once for being a Female Newman WT.

I remembered the persons name and ID and when they joined my party when i was playing as my main i returned the favor.

And yes, I made sure to say " Revenge is a bitch isnt it. "

You mean kharma is, ive come across few people like that but I try my hardest to avoid them.

Mayu
Jul 21, 2007, 01:41 PM
<3 human -_-

~sniff... ~cries~

Almighty_Envy
Jul 21, 2007, 01:44 PM
On 2007-07-21 11:36, Prima wrote:
You mean kharma is, ive come across few people like that but I try my hardest to avoid them.

I only remove people from parties if they;

1. Im properly have removed me before.

2. Bitch about the rare set up.

3. Are annoying.

Kaydin
Jul 21, 2007, 01:55 PM
I don't even look at someone's races or class when they join.

I boot you if:
-Your annoying.
-Your a complete idiot.
-You whine about crap that's not even important, like the drop setup.
-Someone dies and you get upset. (Those people usually leave, but if they don't, I make 'em leave. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)
-Your a leecher/looter and aren't even helping the freaking party.

Reipard
Jul 21, 2007, 02:19 PM
I boot if you're being a jerk and/or inconsiderate to the party. That is about it.

AC9breaker
Jul 21, 2007, 02:38 PM
I boot to display my dictatorship style of leading.

malice_nyc
Jul 21, 2007, 04:27 PM
On 2007-07-21 02:35, drizzle wrote:
This booting for stupid reasons happens only on a certain platform. But it seems I can't say that or my post will be deleted.

I have to say, that I expected that to happen to me... but it hasn't (on 'a certain platform'). I actually get invited to a lot of parties, but probably because people assume that Newman = FT = healbot... the best is when I get invited to a party, join it, and someone says something like 'we got a healer'... I just laugh to myself, and wait for the mission to start http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Criss
Jul 21, 2007, 05:54 PM
I never got kicked for being a Beast Guntecher myself. But I did have some people not understanding and asking why I went GT as a beast... more out of curiosity than blaming me on my choice really. They kinda changed their mind once they realized that I outdamage any party member with my cards, SE3 burn/paralyze/virus a whole pack of enemies with a few Xbow shots, and saved them from freeze/stun deaths with a quick reverser.

But again, I play with friends much more than in random parties.

Sasamichan
Jul 21, 2007, 06:08 PM
On 2007-07-21 10:33, MSAksion wrote:
This is why I don't like random parties. The Leader has WAAAAY too much power.

Last Day of Max Luck week - hanging with a leader who BOOTED us as soon as the De Ragon was dead! We're not sure if anything dropped - he just USED our strength to beat the boss then get any potential rares!

There should be a vote system - it should take the leader and 1 or 2 other people to CONFIRM boot.

The boot system is fine the way it is. Most people just abuse it.

Mikura
Jul 21, 2007, 06:26 PM
Amazingly, I've only been booted once and it was just out of the blue so I don't know what the reason was...and I agree the boot system is fine as is. It's just the people I blame. ;/

APEXi
Jul 21, 2007, 07:14 PM
obnoxious kids.

Starrz
Jul 21, 2007, 08:29 PM
I was booted for being an upper-class black man. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif

-Zephyr-
Jul 21, 2007, 08:32 PM
I booted a woman. They shouldn't be on computers.

Zael
Jul 21, 2007, 08:33 PM
Yeah, I boot women too.

Mono-
Jul 21, 2007, 08:33 PM
I was the one who booted him for being black.

PUMA
Jul 23, 2007, 01:50 PM
i have a lvl 25 cast force and i get booted a ton. i do decent damage but they boot me anyway
/_/
(^.^ http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

bloodflowers
Jul 24, 2007, 06:13 AM
My alt has been booted four times so far for being a CAST Fortetecher. Interestingly this mostly happened when she was lower level, in lower level parties. The negative reaction has reduced as she plays in higher level parties, although I do still hear the occasional "well I guess we can try her" when I accept an invite quicker than they expected.

It makes no sense - what do most random parties want? A nurse. Sorry to the rest of the techers but this is true, the majority of hunters and rangers just want someone to save them the cost of dimates and give them a boost. I can heal a beast at my level with a single Resta shot, and the buffs are all 21+ now. Where's the problem? This is a character whose sole purpose in life is to be a nurse, why reject what you most desire based on a notion of default classes?

Shishi-O
Jul 24, 2007, 07:39 AM
On 2007-07-21 11:44, Almighty_Envy wrote:

On 2007-07-21 11:36, Prima wrote:

I only remove people from parties if they;

1. Im properly have removed me before.

2. Bitch about the rare set up.

3. Are annoying.

starts bossin' me around, while i am party leader and ignores the warnings.

he met my alt later and said, i am lvl 80 scared?? i said you am asshole, and this is my 4th character.