PDA

View Full Version : COMBINED LUCK...IS IT TRUE?

DRO
Jul 20, 2007, 05:40 PM
SOMEONE TOLD ME THAT IN PARTIES THE LUCK IS COMBINED...IS THIS TRUE?

LIKE DURING LUCK WEEK ALL PARTIES HAD 18 LUCK...I DON'T BELIEVE THIS THEORY....

Wallin
Jul 20, 2007, 05:43 PM
Luck in groups, to my knowledge, was always dependant on the group leader, and only the group leader. I've never really heard otherwise.

DurakkenX
Jul 20, 2007, 05:51 PM
From observation, all luck is taken into account, but apparently the JP manual says that it is based on the leader's luck and noone else.

Para
Jul 20, 2007, 05:55 PM
NO.

Garnet_Moon
Luck is from the leader, no one else.

DRO
I ALSO THOUGHT IT WAS BASED ONT HE PARTY LEADERS LUCK...

DURAKKENX WHAT DID YOU "OBSERVE" THAT TELLS YOU ALL LUCK IS TAKEN INTO ACCOUNT?

DurakkenX
Jul 20, 2007, 05:57 PM
I play solo a lot... I get maybe 1 or 2 rares every 2 or 3 runs... when I play in groups several rares drop per run... hence i observe that more rares drop when in a party, hence the observation... Though this is probably just my own bad luck lol

Garnet_Moon
Jul 20, 2007, 05:58 PM
On 2007-07-20 15:55, DRO wrote:

Nothing. Anyone who claims it takes everyones luck into consideration only pays attention when something important drops, and never the rest of the time when crap or nothing drops.

Mayu
Jul 20, 2007, 05:58 PM
No

No

No <.<

ZeroVer01
Jul 20, 2007, 06:16 PM
No, it is based off of the leader, this feels like the stupid beat time theory. Their will always be those few die hard believers who never listen to reason, and insist they are right.

-Ryuki-
Jul 20, 2007, 06:17 PM
No.

mrlion
Jul 20, 2007, 07:07 PM
Much like PSO, which the leader's Section ID is the game's drops, in PSU the leader's luck is the game's luck

pikachief
Jul 20, 2007, 07:09 PM

YOU SEE THAT KEY RIGHT ABOUT YOUR SHIFT KEY? YEA PRESS IT ONCE PLEASE!

Mystil
Jul 20, 2007, 07:28 PM
NO ALL LUCK ISNT COMBINED, BUT I GOT A FUNNY STORY ABOUT THAT.

ONE TIME I SAW A GAME WHERE THE LEADER PLACED IN HIS PARTY COMMENT:

"ONLY PLAYERS WITH LUCK CAN ENTER. NO LUCK = BOOT".

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gifDDDD

HFlowen
Jul 20, 2007, 07:30 PM
I LOVE WHEN PEOPLE GET ANNOYED BY CAPS.

Mystil
Jul 20, 2007, 07:38 PM
AHHH SHADDAP. MALFUNCTIONED CAPSLOCK IS THE BEST WAY TO LIVE IN THE COMPUTER WORLD.

;p

MomoHana
Jul 20, 2007, 07:40 PM

Excuse me sir please let go of this shift key.

And NO. Luck is based on party leader.

pikachief
Jul 20, 2007, 07:48 PM
On 2007-07-20 17:30, HFlowen wrote:

IM NOT I JUST THOUGHT IT WAS FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Para
Jul 20, 2007, 08:57 PM
Why do people continue to spam on this thread when it was already answered already?

The simple answer is no and Ryna or some mod should lock it.

DLShAdOw
Jul 20, 2007, 09:10 PM
I agree and am formally requesting a lock.

SERIOUSLY GUYS THIS IS GETTING OUT OF HAND http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Allison_W
Jul 20, 2007, 09:40 PM
IN B4 B&

RappyRobot
Jul 20, 2007, 09:58 PM
FOR THE LAST AND HUNDRETH TIME NO ITS THE LEADERS LUCK. PLZ LET THIS TOPIC DIE FOR GOOD !!! PLZ LOCK IT SO IT GOES AWAY!!

MayLee
Jul 20, 2007, 11:03 PM
On 2007-07-20 17:30, HFlowen wrote:

I ONLY GET ANNOYED BECAUSE SOME PEOPLE HAVE BAD VISION AND CAPS MAKES THINGS SO MUCH HARDER TO READ
*Taps Capslock key*

And to answer the OP

No.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MayLee on 2007-07-20 21:05 ]</font>

Niered
Jul 20, 2007, 11:04 PM
http://img129.exs.cx/img129/1079/brick5hh.jpg

I DONT KNOW WHAT WERE YELLING ABOUT.

RedX
Jul 20, 2007, 11:12 PM
DRO :

CAPS = C00L ... IS IT TRUE?

On 2007-07-20 15:58, Ryuugu-Rena wrote:
No

No

No <.<

Almighty_Envy
Jul 20, 2007, 11:14 PM
DRO ALWAYS POSTS IN CAPS LOCK.

IDC ANYMORE THOUGH.

A MOD SHOULD PROBABLY LOCK THIS.

ALSO: no LEADER LUCK IS ONLY COUNTED

THATS A no WITH A LOWER CASE FOR EMPHASISM

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Almighty_Envy on 2007-07-20 21:17 ]</font>

Powder Keg
Jul 21, 2007, 12:08 AM
It's definitely leader only. There's no way it can combine, otherwise everyone would have had a LOT more drops during the luck week. You can notice even when switching the leader that higher * items will begin to drop.

WOOD7770
Jul 21, 2007, 12:14 PM
I have to throw out yet one more "theory" on luck and drops. After (cough) hours of playing I strongly believe luck will cycle during the same day. Yes I have been solo and seen drops alter by a huge margin in a matter of seconds.
For example Thursday AM, the end of the 3 star luck I was running solo while chatting with a friend doing the same on Plains Overlord S2. We both made the same obsrevation about how awful the drops were. I'm not talking no S rank drops, but the rares in general. 5 creatures down and one pile of cash. Block one down and not a single rare. Entire run... 5 rares including the rare board in the boss box. Yes, a [B]Scape doll!!!
After a few runs of the same result, my friend decided to work on a different charcter somewhere else. I took about a 2 hour break and came back on where I left off. (Must have Cati / Power!)
Only difference was the drops, not just the rares but the cash and the garbage were everywhere. Oh my the rares. 1st block = Merculene, Junaline, 2 Vulcaline, a Teranite, 2 Par Ebon, 1 Walna. In the first block and by myself!!! My friend who had been playing all along sent me a message asking if I had noticed a big change in the drops, I was laughing all the way to the Bank. Appearantly he had also noticed a big change.
It was nothing we did. No room deco change, no universe change, no sexy hat, just time.
Not the first time I have seen this, but now the "secret luck" factor is being closely watched. I have had similar experience while grinding, but that one is hard because of to many variables. Ever have one of those times where you had to try to break a weapon, after breaking on the second grind using an A+7 just hours before?
Please $ega, turn the luck swith on for the whole day =)

Niered
Jul 21, 2007, 12:27 PM
On 2007-07-21 10:14, WOOD7770 wrote:
I have to throw out yet one more "theory" on luck and drops. After (cough) hours of playing I strongly believe luck will cycle during the same day. Yes I have been solo and seen drops alter by a huge margin in a matter of seconds.
For example Thursday AM, the end of the 3 star luck I was running solo while chatting with a friend doing the same on Plains Overlord S2. We both made the same obsrevation about how awful the drops were. I'm not talking no S rank drops, but the rares in general. 5 creatures down and one pile of cash. Block one down and not a single rare. Entire run... 5 rares including the rare board in the boss box. Yes, a [B]Scape doll!!!
After a few runs of the same result, my friend decided to work on a different charcter somewhere else. I took about a 2 hour break and came back on where I left off. (Must have Cati / Power!)
Only difference was the drops, not just the rares but the cash and the garbage were everywhere. Oh my the rares. 1st block = Merculene, Junaline, 2 Vulcaline, a Teranite, 2 Par Ebon, 1 Walna. In the first block and by myself!!! My friend who had been playing all along sent me a message asking if I had noticed a big change in the drops, I was laughing all the way to the Bank. Appearantly he had also noticed a big change.
It was nothing we did. No room deco change, no universe change, no sexy hat, just time.
Not the first time I have seen this, but now the "secret luck" factor is being closely watched. I have had similar experience while grinding, but that one is hard because of to many variables. Ever have one of those times where you had to try to break a weapon, after breaking on the second grind using an A+7 just hours before?
Please $ega, turn the luck swith on for the whole day =)

Theres this thing. Its called random chance. It wants its dignity back.

jayster
Jul 21, 2007, 03:18 PM
CAPS WHERE!?!?