PDA

View Full Version : list 31 fixes >.>

DurakkenX
Jul 20, 2007, 05:53 PM
originally posted on the official forums...but i decided to post here too cuz i felt like it yup yup...

#1) Create a better shop system, preferably some sort of auction house

#2) Make the item distribution system more extensive so that it include, S-ranks and A-ranks being counted as separate, and separate meseta from regular items. Most A-ranks are sold in a store and noone considers them rare so why put them in the same field. Likewise, many people do not want regular items, but do want meseta and photons.

#3) increase the synth %s They are way too low. I should not be having any problem with synthing non-rare weapons/armor with a lvl100 all one type PM. Likewise grinding should be made a bit easier and your new system (dropping the grind lvl to 0 after a fail and also decreasing the number of total grinds it) isn't too great either. If I lose my max grind, why drop my level as well? That is dual punishing for the same thing and isn't good to do.

#4) Increase the ranks of drops with the ranks of the missions. There is no reason I should be getting C-rank materials in an S-rank mission.

#5) When logging out make it so you can go to char select, shut down, or to menu. There is no reason for PC users to go back to the start up to shut down and like wise there is no reason for any user to log completely out to go to another character.

#6) Allow characters to jump to each others rooms, have access to each others storage...it draws no more memory to do it this way and would make things quite a bit easier for players.

#7) re-balance where items drop. I should not be having to wait 30-40 levels before I can even attempt to attain the next level of weapon. This is happening as I can grab a 9* weapon when I'm lvl30, but I can not even search for the next weapon till level 70.

#8] Raise the sell back ratio of the NPC. A 1/21 sell back ratio is absurd, and while we know it was to try to help the economy, the fact is it does more harm than good and is no where near the ratio of any other mmorpg nor regular rpg, which is generally in the 50-80% range of the purchasing price.

#9) Remove the hit limit of the various weapons. The new weapons do not have them and that gives them too big of an advantage. The no limit is also more realistic as well and would help melee jobs a ton.

#10) Remove that barta technic from every large mob in the game. It is unblockable, un-escapable, and in general just unfair. It hits multiple times, and keeps you from moving or healing. The primary target of this is melee jobs and these are the mobs that melee jobs are supposed to have an advantage over but do not, because of the technic.

#11) Make enemies flinch or something when I hit them. I can not use any of your "improvements" if I can not get to the third strike and that is the main problem. There would be no reason to add in the other 2 or 3 improvements if you'd just put this in.

#12) Make enemies that can jump long distances in a short time like the Delsaber from PSO. This would increase challenge to gunners as their primary defense is distance and would balance things out more as would the previous few for job challenge.

#13) Please allow lock-on for Forces...

#14) Make more Technic resistant enemies.

#15) TRANSLATE THE MANUAL (not the pamphlet that came with the US version) AND TELL US WHAT B.STAT ON OUR PMs IS AND WHAT IT DOES.

#16) Make shadoogs be able to hit boxes and traps. If I have to carry a handgun anyways why carry a shadoog?

#17) Give the NPCs better weapons. They should probably shouldn't still be carrying B-rank weapons.

#18] Please allow all emotes in missions...As far as I can see there is no reason not to allow them.

#19) Allow an option to display or not display the line shield graphically. Some clothes look better without them to some people.

#20) Please add NPCs in the cities...I hate walking around ghost towns.

#21) Make missions that have you interact with NPCs, not just story chars, and not just in co-op. One of the charms of PSO was characters not related to the main story.

#22) Expand the cities or create new cities on the planet. I don't see why you need 3 planets when you only have 4 cities. It seems like such a waste to do stuff like that. Even a small town would be better than just another outpost. Are we to believe that there is only 3 cities and 1 space colony with all that much room?

#23) Place red cubes inside of the places where you can warp into. Why make a player load up another zone when they only need to move 2 inches to get to the cube to load up another zone.

#24) Separate the locks for the room. My Room and My Shop should be different locks. Of course there are people I don't want in my room, but i want in my shop...

#25) Please allow the player to move the PM to wherever he would like in the room, or the ability to add "Doll" PMs in which we could place where we'd like to make our rooms more lively and/or increase storage.

#26) If possible increase the grid square size and minimize the usage of space on items. There is no reason a fan that can fit in 2 squares is made to be in 4 squares.

#27) Allow for diagnol positioning of some items if possible

#28] USE the information panel in the my room desktop. It's a bit annoying that it hasn't been used once in the US version, yet it's being used in the JP version.

#29) Correct all the translation errors please...or at least the ones that are not more iconic. It's a bit irritating to see the description say something is a claw and you get a dagger.

#30) Please allow CASTs to wear clothing types, especially if they have the human face type, or add clothe type parts.

#31) Allow single hand guns to hold 2 bullet type, 2 handed gun 4 bullet types, and 2 handed melee weapons 2 skills. please ^.^

Garnet_Moon
Jul 20, 2007, 06:03 PM
Just one. I want to be a fucking lefty. Screw the conformists. I want to be left-handed.

Zorafim
Jul 20, 2007, 06:13 PM
Heh, you're acting like someone important is actually going to read this.

#30) Please allow CASTs to wear clothing types, especially if they have the human face type, or add clothe type parts.

Building on this, allow fleshies to wear armor. The reason I never use fleshies isn't because I like casts better, it's because their clothing styles are terrible.

DurakkenX
Jul 20, 2007, 06:15 PM
Nope just bored at night >.> there was nothing else to do at the time ^.^

Garnet_Moon
Jul 20, 2007, 06:15 PM
On 2007-07-20 16:13, Zorafim wrote:

Building on this, allow fleshies to wear armor. The reason I never use fleshies isn't because I like casts better, it's because their clothing styles are terrible.

I am strongly against this because I don't want to see Paladins or Dark Knights in PSU.

Zorafim
Jul 20, 2007, 06:18 PM
Ah, see, I do. Or rather, I want to see Agents, hunters, and Guardians in PSU. I don't need a Giga's armor set, or a Digiel for humans, simply something that I wouldn't use while studying for my algebra test.

February
Jul 20, 2007, 06:26 PM
1 I can think of off the top of my head is, I want every piece of clothing to be seperate. I want leggings/tights seperate from the shorts, etc.

360NyTeMaRe
Jul 20, 2007, 06:27 PM
#12) Make enemies that can jump long distances in a short time like the Delsaber from PSO.

Lv105 Go Vahra

#17) Give the NPCs better weapons. They should probably shouldn't still be carrying B-rank weapons.

Lv4 Lou has a Double Saber

#18] Please allow all emotes in missions...As far as I can see there is no reason not to allow them.

Missions are for killing things and not fooling around

#19) Allow an option to display or not display the line shield graphically. Some clothes look better without them to some people.

Line Shields aren't invisible

#28] USE the information panel in the my room desktop. It's a bit annoying that it hasn't been used once in the US version, yet it's being used in the JP version.

Indeed it would be nice if the Info Panel informs us of updates and events

It's hard to fit clothing over solid steel bodies

Allison_W
Jul 20, 2007, 06:28 PM
On 2007-07-20 16:15, Garnet_Moon wrote:

I am strongly against this because I don't want to see Paladins or Dark Knights in PSU.

I want the armour for it, and I want the melee/support class (not AT) for it.

Garnet_Moon
Jul 20, 2007, 06:31 PM
On 2007-07-20 16:28, Allison_W wrote:

On 2007-07-20 16:15, Garnet_Moon wrote:

I want the armour for it, and I want the melee/support class (not AT) for it.

Then go play FFXI or WoW. Plenty of gimpage for those classes there. Let's not disgrace the classes even more with PSU.

kthx

February
Jul 20, 2007, 06:32 PM
On 2007-07-20 16:27, 360NyTeMaRe wrote:

Line Shields aren't invisible

Their colors are.

Zorafim
Jul 20, 2007, 06:33 PM
So, you don't want armor because... a class in another game that is kinda bad wears armor.

Um...

Reipard
Jul 20, 2007, 06:40 PM
I see somebody has listed something they want as a possible change!
Let's provide random unnecessary and unreasonable resistance! Yay!

Garnet_Moon
Jul 20, 2007, 06:46 PM
On 2007-07-20 16:33, Zorafim wrote:
So, you don't want armor because... a class in another game that is kinda bad wears armor.

Um...

Armor for humans is also impractical in PSU. Maybe antique shields like Standstill, but full armor? These guys in PSU are scrawny. They aren't built visually properly to walk around in it, let alone fight in it.

And if we're going just for looks, then why not partner with Hasbro and give CAST M's an part set that looks like Megatron; CAST F's one that makes them a Gelgoog Marine; Beast M's to look like a fully fledged furry; Beast F's to look like a preteen japanese highschoolgirl catgirl wth human AND kitty ears; Newman M's to look like Link; Newman F's to look like Deedlit; Human M's to look like Mike Haggarl and Human F's to look like Samus Aran.

Hell, let's just re-make PSU into a completely different game just so that we can have practical items!

Zorafim
Jul 20, 2007, 06:47 PM
Wow. Did you sleep tonight?

Garnet_Moon
Jul 20, 2007, 06:49 PM
On 2007-07-20 16:47, Zorafim wrote:
Wow. Did you sleep tonight?

Did I... sleep to... night...?

D: *head explodes*

Zorafim
Jul 20, 2007, 06:52 PM
You're being very unreasonable, flying off the handle at a tiny provocation that wasn't even offensive. There's no way you got a night's rest.

Garnet_Moon
Jul 20, 2007, 06:53 PM
On 2007-07-20 16:52, Zorafim wrote:
You're being very unreasonable, flying off the handle at a tiny provocation that wasn't even offensive. There's no way you got a night's rest.

No, the idea of even thinking about adding armor for humans to PSU is off the handle. Sure, it'll never happen, but it's absurd to even think.

redsnow
Jul 20, 2007, 06:58 PM
I think the arguement here is .. do not mix your swords and armor in my sci fi.. Seriously tho .. Battle armor isnt that bad, look at halo, or metroid, or Front Mission.. wait thats mechs, but w/e my point is made.

This "Lets have all this extra crap for casts but nothing for anyone else" is garbage.

Let everyone wear what everyone else can wear would be the end result anyway... Besides this is a moot point, I dont see clothing changing anytime soon.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: redsnow on 2007-07-20 16:59 ]</font>

Garnet_Moon
Jul 20, 2007, 07:01 PM
On 2007-07-20 16:58, redsnow wrote:
I think the arguement here is .. do not mix your swords and armor in my sci fi.. Seriously tho .. Battle armor isnt that bad, look at halo, or metroid, or Front Mission.. wait thats mechs, but w/e my point is made.

Master Chief can bench press and entire planet.
Samus Aran can probably do the same.

They wear that heavy armor because their strong enough to do it. Of course, they are more super human than anything, and humans in PSU are every bit as weak as humans in real life.

Soukosa
Jul 20, 2007, 07:02 PM
On 2007-07-20 15:53, DurakkenX wrote:
#2) Make the item distribution system more extensive so that it include, S-ranks and A-ranks being counted as separate, and separate meseta from regular items. Most A-ranks are sold in a store and noone considers them rare so why put them in the same field. Likewise, many people do not want regular items, but do want meseta and photons.

* Not all A grade gears are available in the shop and this will only become more true with AoI.
* Sell those normal items for meseta at the NPC or even your shop?

#4) Increase the ranks of drops with the ranks of the missions. There is no reason I should be getting C-rank materials in an S-rank mission.

Most of those you can upgrade to a higher grade. Why not do that?

#7) re-balance where items drop. I should not be having to wait 30-40 levels before I can even attempt to attain the next level of weapon. This is happening as I can grab a 9* weapon when I'm lvl30, but I can not even search for the next weapon till level 70.

But S grades aren't supposed to be clumped with A grades. Not like it's that hard to get to the 70s either.

#8] Raise the sell back ratio of the NPC. A 1/21 sell back ratio is absurd, and while we know it was to try to help the economy, the fact is it does more harm than good and is no where near the ratio of any other mmorpg nor regular rpg, which is generally in the 50-80% range of the purchasing price.

And most ORPGs have massive inflation problems because of such.

#9) Remove the hit limit of the various weapons. The new weapons do not have them and that gives them too big of an advantage. The no limit is also more realistic as well and would help melee jobs a ton.

How hard did you test these? How do you know they're gonna be the same as they were in the beta?

#10) Remove that barta technic from every large mob in the game. It is unblockable, un-escapable, and in general just unfair. It hits multiple times, and keeps you from moving or healing. The primary target of this is melee jobs and these are the mobs that melee jobs are supposed to have an advantage over but do not, because of the technic.

Lacking in skill are we? Otherwise Barta's hardly ever an issue.

#11) Make enemies flinch or something when I hit them. I can not use any of your "improvements" if I can not get to the third strike and that is the main problem. There would be no reason to add in the other 2 or 3 improvements if you'd just put this in.

Guess you don't realize that guns cause enemies to flinch for a reason. If melee weapons did the same thing, it'd undermine the purpose of it. If you can't take advantage of the improvements they made to the melee battle system, then you must be lacking in skill.

#13) Please allow lock-on for Forces...

And make them extreme easy mode? I like the challenge and it's not that hard to aim with them either.

#14) Make more Technic resistant enemies.

You fail at your class so you have to make another class worse?

#15) TRANSLATE THE MANUAL (not the pamphlet that came with the US version) AND TELL US WHAT B.STAT ON OUR PMs IS AND WHAT IT DOES.

Why ask them to do it when a fan that can read Japanese can do it?

#16) Make shadoogs be able to hit boxes and traps. If I have to carry a handgun anyways why carry a shadoog?

*remembers things like Megid auto targetting boxes near by when there's enemies on the loose* Yeah...

They aren't meant to be the great and the vast majority are incredably easy to get. You could also not solo all the time.

Then play a fleshie instead?

#5) When logging out make it so you can go to char select, shut down, or to menu. There is no reason for PC users to go back to the start up to shut down and like wise there is no reason for any user to log completely out to go to another character.

#6) Allow characters to jump to each others rooms, have access to each others storage...it draws no more memory to do it this way and would make things quite a bit easier for players.

#22) Expand the cities or create new cities on the planet. I don't see why you need 3 planets when you only have 4 cities. It seems like such a waste to do stuff like that. Even a small town would be better than just another outpost. Are we to believe that there is only 3 cities and 1 space colony with all that much room?

#24) Separate the locks for the room. My Room and My Shop should be different locks. Of course there are people I don't want in my room, but i want in my shop...

#29) Correct all the translation errors please...or at least the ones that are not more iconic. It's a bit irritating to see the description say something is a claw and you get a dagger.

These I can agree with at least.

Zorafim
Jul 20, 2007, 07:03 PM
http://ryangenno.tripod.com/images/Ps1s1.gif
http://www.siliconera.com/ps2/phantasystarg1/030929s1.jpg
http://pantransit.reptiles.org/images/1998-12-13/rolfbig.jpg
http://www.phantasy-star.net/art/segaart/bigalys.jpg
http://guidesarchive.ign.com/guides/13022/humar.gif
http://psu.sega-europe.com/images/common/factions/psu_char_full_14_renvolt_magashi.png

Seriously, go to sleep, relax, eat some chocolate. You're overreacting.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zorafim on 2007-07-20 17:06 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zorafim on 2007-07-20 17:09 ]</font>

mrlion
Jul 20, 2007, 07:03 PM
On 2007-07-20 16:15, DurakkenX wrote:
Nope just bored at night >.> there was nothing else to do at the time ^.^

Why don't you do some Her Secret Mission runs or make parties at Parum to do Crimson Beast or something...there is alot to do in the game than looking for its flaws that most likely won't be fixed.

Zorafim
Jul 20, 2007, 07:06 PM
Some people note the flaws more when they re-do the same mission they've done continuously. For instance, enemies have giant hit boxes, making it near impossible to get in a strategic battle plan.

Garnet_Moon
Jul 20, 2007, 07:06 PM
Shoulder pads, Kevlar vests, and a material that covers the arm to keep the ugly gray/black of the shield generator from making you lose fashion points don't count as armor.

OK, maybe the kevlar vest and shoulder pands, but really, it looks so ridiculous in the older games, why in the hell would you want it in PSU?

EDIT: Forgot knee pads. But really, you're knot going to get a PA that drills your need into something, so why the hell would you need that...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2007-07-20 17:08 ]</font>

Prima
Jul 20, 2007, 07:09 PM
Hey, what about battle/challenge mode?

Zorafim
Jul 20, 2007, 07:11 PM
Because otherwise I'd be wearing a T-shirt and baggy pants. The things humans wear look terrible, and I do not want to be seen fighting with those. I don't care of the time period, or the circumstances. You don't see me going to my english class in a formal robe, do you?

Garnet_Moon
Jul 20, 2007, 07:13 PM
On 2007-07-20 17:11, Zorafim wrote:
Because otherwise I'd be wearing a T-shirt and baggy pants. The things humans wear look terrible, and I do not want to be seen fighting with those. I don't care of the time period, or the circumstances. You don't see me going to my english class in a formal robe, do you?

I don't see you going in SWAT gear either.

Normal clothes are fine for humans in PSU.

Zorafim
Jul 20, 2007, 07:14 PM
And protective or supportive clothing would be better.

Garnet_Moon
Jul 20, 2007, 07:16 PM
On 2007-07-20 17:14, Zorafim wrote:
And protective or supportive clothing would be better.

They wear comfortable clothing because their line shield protects them from everything.
They don't add supportive gear because they have nanomachines and TECHs to make everything better again.

Really, even elbow pads for when you fall over aren't necessary...

EDIT: Helmets aren't needed either for when you get hit and go 100mph into a wall.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2007-07-20 17:17 ]</font>

redsnow
Jul 20, 2007, 07:16 PM
Personaly Im getting a kick out of the fact that the Casino Girl outfit is going to be available *laughter* .. If there is one in Red.. im so there...

Shiro_Ryuu
Jul 20, 2007, 07:18 PM
On 2007-07-20 16:46, Garnet_Moon wrote:

On 2007-07-20 16:33, Zorafim wrote:

Um...

Armor for humans is also impractical in PSU. Maybe antique shields like Standstill, but full armor? These guys in PSU are scrawny. They aren't built visually properly to walk around in it, let alone fight in it.

And if we're going just for looks, then why not partner with Hasbro and give CAST M's an part set that looks like Megatron; CAST F's one that makes them a Gelgoog Marine; Beast M's to look like a fully fledged furry; Beast F's to look like a preteen japanese highschoolgirl catgirl wth human AND kitty ears; Newman M's to look like Link; Newman F's to look like Deedlit; Human M's to look like Mike Haggarl and Human F's to look like Samus Aran.

Hell, let's just re-make PSU into a completely different game just so that we can have practical items!

Oh man that'll be hawt if I can make a female Newman look like Deedlit. But yeah, I'm pretty much satisfied with most of what's in this game, and I see no need for changes for the most part. But making it easier to switch characters and such would be nice.

Wallin
Jul 20, 2007, 07:19 PM
Humans wearing armor in one word: Laconian. Light enough that even Alis can wear it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

And there's no reason to not want armor on humans in my opinion, or clothes for CASTs. I hate games that have restrictions on appearance based on class or race. If I want my character to wear clothes that I think look hawt or sex-ay, then why the heck shouldn't they be able to? >_<;; And it's not like clothing even has stats in this game, it's purely for show.

Garnet_Moon
Jul 20, 2007, 07:20 PM
On 2007-07-20 17:19, Wallin wrote:
Humans wearing armor in one word: Laconian. Light enough that even Alis can wear it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

And there's no reason to not want armor on humans in my opinion, or clothes for CASTs. I hate games that have restrictions on appearance based on class or race. If I want my character to wear clothes that I think look hawt or sex-ay, then why the heck shouldn't they be able to? >_<;; And it's not like clothing even has stats in this game, it's purely for show.

Casts look ridiculous in the formal wear.

I don't want to see how humans/newmans/furries look in armor.

Prima
Jul 20, 2007, 07:26 PM
It should be more smooth when hitting enemies, like in PSO, in PSU when you hit your char stops for a slight second when hitting, which is annoying (its like trying to break a tree branch or something).

Wallin
Jul 20, 2007, 07:29 PM
Personally I don't see the difference between Humans and humanoid-Casts except the line that goes across their face. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Furries shouldn't get armor or clothing, they should definitely just run around free! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

And I'm actually looking forward to AoI when they release the old costumes because the default for humans is just lame - sneakers and shorts? "Woot, I just killed Dark Falz in my skater outfit, harrr!" Ugh... At least the default theme for Newmans is more traditional, and Beasts sell clothing that's more rugged. Oh the human race has grown silly with the passing of thousands of years...

Garnet_Moon
Jul 20, 2007, 07:30 PM
We need a collision and physics system like The Bouncer from PS2.

If a loli newman gets hit and flies off screen and hits someone, that person too should go flying and take damage, and so on and so fourth.

That would be fun.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2007-07-20 17:31 ]</font>

Prima
Jul 20, 2007, 07:37 PM
^ I was just talking about that the other day, like if you knockback an enemy, he should hit the crowd of allies/enemies behind him, and when they get hit real high in the air and drop, they should take damage from impact hitting the ground, vice versa for us.

ShadowDragon28
Jul 20, 2007, 07:39 PM
When I find a real genie that breaks da' rules and grants 31 wishes I'll let ya'all know. Otherwise:
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t127/ShadowDragon28/giveadamn.gif

Prima
Jul 20, 2007, 07:48 PM
Speaking of grants, when are we going to get that projectile one (not Regrants) that the enemies shoot?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Prima on 2007-07-20 17:49 ]</font>

DurakkenX
Jul 20, 2007, 08:08 PM
Sounomi

#2) I agree with what ya said, but at the same time some people don't care for A-ranks besides a few units.

#4) While I get that I don't think that A-ranks should be considered rare in S2-rank missions and as such those C-ranks should be taken out and replaced with more A/S rank mats

#7) yes they are to be separate, but at the same time I shouldn't have to wait 40 levels to get the next weapon. The first 30 levels I switch weapons every 3 or 4 levels and then I hit 30 and I get nothing for 40 levels? That makes no sense. Perhaps they can keep the S-ranks where they are but add more weapons in between or change requirements or something...Personally though I'd think that you should use the rank weapon for that rank mission...how are you supposed to do that if you can't even attempt to get them?

#8] All that this results in is having people skip items as they aren't worth picking up...they actually take away from the overall earned meseta value as it takes an extra second to pick them up and all that time adds up, but the meseta does not.

#9) All current weapons can only hit 3 targets from a single hit. the whip and slicer can hit at least 5 or more.

#10) that barta technic is a 360 degree attack and hits five times in a row and are on large enemies. when you are meleeing you can not see any signs of it going off nor when you do can you run away without taking severe damage. It's just an overall bad thing to have as there is NOTHING like this for the other two play styles. In fact almost all high damage attacks with SE inflicting ability it is designed specifically for melee and it's obvious that it is.

#11) I realize guns make enemies flinch, but you know, they don't need it the flinching helps them minimally and the non-flinching in the melee combat is unreasonable and just not realistic.

#13) That's just a personal want for me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

#14) There just needs to be more...it's unbalanced as it is right now.

#15) because it's their job >.>

#16) It's not hard to add a priority to make sure they attack the mobs first and then the boxes and traps...

#17) What I meant is...they are obviously stronger...they should get better weapons considering they are supposed to be elite.

#30) in body structure there is no difference between a human and Cast when they aren't wearing clothes/parts so there is no logical reasons to not allow them to wear clothes especially since CAST NPCs wear clothes...

Aralia
Jul 20, 2007, 08:35 PM
On 2007-07-20 17:01, Garnet_Moon wrote:

On 2007-07-20 16:58, redsnow wrote:

Master Chief can bench press and entire planet.
Samus Aran can probably do the same.

They wear that heavy armor because their strong enough to do it. Of course, they are more super human than anything, and humans in PSU are every bit as weak as humans in real life.

Samus's suit gives her the added strength and agility. It enhances her current physical traits 10 fold.

And there's absolutely no reason for them to -NOT- add armor in.
I'm not saying "Yes, omg.. let's make a knight of the round table outfit, pull out my excalibur and kill some ogres..."
But something that looks like it's battle ready. Sure, this is a sci-fi ORPG.. but even some sci-fi realms have medieval influences remaining.
Can't think of one off the top of my head, but I know they exist. (only sci-fi that comes to my mind in general is that stargate show... so that doesn't really help.)
But I know I've seen metal/armor plated outfits in sci-fi before.

Think of RAmars, they had chest armor.
Think HUnewearls, the default outfit had what appeared to be black leather armor.

Mwabwetumba
Jul 20, 2007, 08:56 PM
Thing is though, that lineshields in PSU covers the wearer (along with clothes) with a field of photons of the shields element in order for the field to absorb attacks and cushion otherwise harsh blows, therefore no physical armour is necessary. From a purely practical point of view anyway!

Though aesthetically of course, something battle ready would look better.

Anduril
Jul 20, 2007, 08:59 PM
I agree with some of these and disagree with others, but one I want to add onto is the shop system. I would like a system where you could post an item you are looking to buy and how much you are willing to pay for it (by leaving that amount in your PM) so that selling items may be a little better, since I have had a few weapons I wanted to sell, but in the clutter of the shops that were selling the same items I had them sitting in my shop for weeks. I feel doing something like this could boost the economy by having more money stay within the player economy.

ShadowDragon28
Jul 20, 2007, 10:02 PM
All this bickering about armor. What so wtf is this new outfit (the SPF set) in AoI? A tuxedo? Slacks and a wife beater? If that's not Tactical Body Armor then what is it then??? jeez...
http://illuminus.phantasystaruniverse.jp/image/index/screen_large_10.jpg

Shiro_Ryuu
Jul 20, 2007, 10:15 PM
On 2007-07-20 20:02, ShadowDragon28 wrote:
All this bickering about armor. What so wtf is this new outfit (the SPF set) in AoI? A tuxedo? Slacks and a wife beater? If that's not Tactical Body Armor then what is it then??? jeez...

Armor? Pssh! That looks like something I'd wear when studying with my friends for a Japanese test or hanging out with my girlfriend or something, but not like what I'd wear for going out to battle or something. >.>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shiroryuu on 2007-07-20 20:20 ]</font>

Zorafim
Jul 20, 2007, 10:29 PM
On 2007-07-20 20:02, ShadowDragon28 wrote:

Yes, that. I want an old fashioned version that. Though I'd like one, I don't need a full knight's chainmail complete with gauntlets. Metal, of course, is always a plus, but I just want something that says "I am a warrior. I own you."

ShadowDragon28
Jul 20, 2007, 10:32 PM
LOL HEL YAH. This thread makes me hungry. >_>

Seriously though, do you like the SPF Set Shiroryuu?

I can't wait to get it in AoI. I'm planning to make matching kubara melee weps, go the whole stealthy future-tatical ninja-warrior theme for a bit.

Shiro_Ryuu
Jul 20, 2007, 10:35 PM
Yeah, to be serious, that does look pretty badass, looks alot like Solid Snake. I'll be happy if they have it in white, or red. But man, no HUmar outfit in white, yeah, that's one thing I want fixed in this game, a white HUmar outfit. >=(

Oh yeah, and female fleshies do have something that shows their warrior-ness too. These:
http://www.pso-world.com/psu/items/1525/3918-m.jpg
http://www.pso-world.com/psu/items/1476/3060-m.jpg
http://www.pso-world.com/psu/items/1515/3893-m.jpg

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shiroryuu on 2007-07-20 20:43 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shiroryuu on 2007-07-20 20:45 ]</font>

Wallin
Jul 20, 2007, 10:46 PM
Ooh, I haven't seen most of the AoI screenshots, they're cool! LOL

ShadowDragon28
Jul 20, 2007, 11:32 PM
Sega better release the AMF sets for M & F fleshies a.s.a.p >:-<

Well, these have white in them /and or look spiffy for a samurai-ish look;
Shiro what about these?
http://pwv.sakura.ne.jp/image/jacket_m/storia_wr.jpg
http://pwv.sakura.ne.jp/image/pants_m/storia_wr.jpg
http://pwv.sakura.ne.jp/image/jacket_m/kabugaradougi_rdb.jpg
http://pwv.sakura.ne.jp/image/pants_m/kabugarahakama_rdb.jpg

Shiro_Ryuu
Jul 21, 2007, 12:52 PM
I love those pants, and yeah, I actually plan on wearing those when AoI comes out.

VanHalen
Jul 21, 2007, 01:09 PM
*Still waits for a Arm Servant outfit that doesn't have a mask. You know the one that Communion of Gurhal guards wear http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif*

DonRoyale
Jul 21, 2007, 02:47 PM
Make ALL guns have first-person shooting abilities. There's no reason whatsoever I shouldn't be able to aim with a fucking crossbow. >.>

360NyTeMaRe
Jul 21, 2007, 04:09 PM
Oh whoopdie freakin' doo more clothes to elaborate on the stupid emo style.

Wallin
Jul 21, 2007, 04:18 PM
The first pants are ugly, and I think the second picture is actually a dress. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

VanHalen
Jul 21, 2007, 04:27 PM
On 2007-07-21 14:18, Wallin wrote:
The first pants are ugly, and I think the second picture is actually a dress. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I have jeans similar to that in real life ._.

Neith
Jul 21, 2007, 04:55 PM
3) I'd like to see it increased slightly. Not too much though. Make Decos 100% for crying out loud.

6) Access to friends storage? Don't think that's wise. Some people would abuse it.

10) Dambarta? It's easy to dodge most of the time. Only exception is Kamatoze, which can be avoided sometimes by not finishing your combos...

13) Forces really don't need lock-on.

17) PM's carry S-Rank in some instances, and still get owned. It makes no difference. In high rank missions, NPC's are there purely to distract enemies.

29) You're kidding, right? This is Sonic Team. They translated badly in PSO, and it followed into PSU. Translation errors aren't terribly annoying anyway. Infact, some are pretty amusing.

31) That'd make the game even easier. We don't want that.

Sorry, a lot of those points just seemed pretty minor. In some instances, it sounds like you want PSO again..heh.

DurakkenX
Jul 21, 2007, 06:20 PM
Uriko, with #6 I mean your own characters' rooms, not anyone elses ^.^ That would be messed up lol., but then again a "group" storage type setting might be nice to have where you could set items in your storage to be able to be accessed by other people in your friends list or something...

PJ
Jul 21, 2007, 07:15 PM
Less barta? The least of anyone's worries in this game.

The Fire Gohmons were more dangerous than the ice ones, simply because Foie did chunky damage (And was faster, and bigger), whereas Barta is small slow(er) moving, and doesn't do as much damage. If you get frozen, that's ok; you can take a few hits from it.

Barta being a problem = you suck.