PDA

View Full Version : So.. this Catiline...what's so great about it?

Aralia
Jul 20, 2007, 11:46 PM
I managed to pull out a 24% Catiline the other day...
Got me to thinking..
It's a boss drop, single element, there's a cati-senba, and most armors from bosses have hidden bonuses...

So, does Catiline have anything extra to it or is it just what it appears to be?

Dj_SkyEpic
Jul 21, 2007, 12:00 AM
Compared to the favored Crimson line, Catiline has 18 more defense points, 8 less eva points, and equal mental points.

Theoretically, it's also capable of gaining a set bonus for Cati / Power.

Meaning, you may be able to get more damage if you use the set bonus and will probably make this set a better option than using Solid / Power S.

... but I don't know the exact set bonus once applied. You'll have to test it out yourself or get with someone that has the whole set.

The only draw back is that Catiline is Lightening ( zon photon) only.

For other comparison of Armor and units: http://psupedia.info/Line_Shields

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2007-07-20 22:30 ]</font>

beatrixkiddo
Jul 21, 2007, 12:11 AM
Aren't set bonuses only for weapons+armor? :/

Aralia
Jul 21, 2007, 12:14 AM
Oh man, complete brain fart there.. For some reason I was thinking Cati/Power was 10* XD

Alright cool. Thanks.
Guess I gotta keep going through De Ragan s2 till I get that power unit... since I don't know anyone with it to test it out. =p

Dj_SkyEpic
Jul 21, 2007, 12:16 AM
Hmm... Dunno. Maybe I'm wrong since I've never really used a set besides Har and Har / quick.
Even with that I don't see anything worthy to be called a bonus.

so I may have been mistaking after all >.>;

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2007-07-20 23:34 ]</font>

Kion
Jul 21, 2007, 12:22 AM
panzer unit has been experimenting with the gigush line combo. It's in the guides section, but a gigush +10 gets 11* power, so i don't think set combos are anything to sneeze at.

Dj_SkyEpic
Jul 21, 2007, 12:42 AM
On 2007-07-20 22:22, Kion wrote:
panzer unit has been experimenting with the gigush line combo. It's in the guides section, but a gigush +10 gets 11* power, so i don't think set combos are anything to sneeze at.

lol Wow. As powerful as a Kan Yu. That's incredible. This might just start making me find more set bonus to play with soon enough.

PMB960
Jul 21, 2007, 12:58 AM
On 2007-07-20 22:42, Dj_SkyEpic wrote:

On 2007-07-20 22:22, Kion wrote:

lol Wow. As powerful as a Kan Yu. That's incredible. This might just start making me find more set bonus to play with soon enough.

Phantom and Phantom Line adds 25% to ATP and DFP too. That combo made my fG go from 340 DPH to 400+ DPH http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Much more worth it to get that instead of hunting for a Blackbull considering even I can afford to synth both of those http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Several of the other combos are for 3* weapons though...

beatrixkiddo
Jul 21, 2007, 01:10 AM
Nafri-senba's boost with Nafli-zashi is pretty decent, I know a WT who is working on spitting out some 50% Nafli-zashis to take adv. of it. I assume it's nearly as much as Gigush line's boost since Nafli is a 2* Dagger.

Phetty
Jul 21, 2007, 01:24 AM
Only combo I want is Rabol Buti with the Ank Buti. An axe combo set, and the 12* Axe too.

Arika
Jul 21, 2007, 01:33 AM
On 2007-07-20 23:10, beatrixkiddo wrote:
Nafri-senba's boost with Nafli-zashi is pretty decent, I know a WT who is working on spitting out some 50% Nafli-zashis to take adv. of it. I assume it's nearly as much as Gigush line's boost since Nafli is a 2* Dagger.

Please contract me if you are interested in 38% lighting nafria-senba

Shishi-O
Jul 21, 2007, 04:38 AM
wow.

drizzle
Jul 21, 2007, 04:41 AM
On 2007-07-20 23:10, beatrixkiddo wrote:

From what I can tell, the combo bonus is +100 ATP (plus the 10 more from the armor), and 25% DFP. Probably ATA, MST and EVP too but haven't tested.
This makes the dagger almost as strong as the 7* but one hell of a lot cheaper to make. Worth it? Maybe; my 44% dagger hits harder than my low % 9* Spear ;p