PDA

View Full Version : Status effects

RappyRobot
Jul 21, 2007, 02:04 AM
Is it me or does paralysis last way to long in this game. When I get infected with paralysis (usually by svaltus...3 of them 0.0 in sw2 lol) I actually have time to sit and type a comical thing while I wait to be able to move again. thats if I dont die from my helpless state as the svaltus gives me some jail loving with his awesome sword ...lol
Virus, burn, poisin, shock dont seem to last nearly as long or have such a devistating effect as paralysis. So do you think paralysis lasts too long?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RappyRobot on 2007-07-21 00:40 ]</font>

Cz
Jul 21, 2007, 02:26 AM
Nosdiga paralysis last only like 3 second. >_>
The Svaltus can paralized you for like 10 sec., enough to finished off a newman. <_<

Sinue_v2
Jul 21, 2007, 02:34 AM
Uh.. paralysis in PSO was permanent unless you cured it or got it overridden by another status effect like poison.

Kion
Jul 21, 2007, 02:51 AM
there were so many times that I ran out of telepipes and antimates and had to hike back to pioneer 2 to buy more and then get back to where i was. 10 seconds is nothing.

Zorafim
Jul 21, 2007, 02:56 AM
Paralysis, isn't that when you can't move or heal? I think I prefer PSO's permanent status to the high risk of being multi-shotted.

Zael
Jul 21, 2007, 02:58 AM
Yeah, at least you can move.

Silve
Jul 21, 2007, 03:10 PM
It'd be nice if you could bust out of it (and freeze/sleep) like how in pso if you got frozen you could wiggle the joystick left and right real fast to break outta there.

Jife_Jifremok
Jul 21, 2007, 10:02 PM
On 2007-07-21 13:10, Silve wrote:
It'd be nice if you could bust out of it (and freeze/sleep) like how in pso if you got frozen you could wiggle the joystick left and right real fast to break outta there.

amtalx
Jul 22, 2007, 12:37 PM

I still do that out of habit...

Syl
Jul 22, 2007, 02:58 PM
On 2007-07-21 00:04, RappyRobot wrote:
Is it me or does paralysis last way to long in this game. When I get infected with paralysis (usually by svaltus...3 of them 0.0 in sw2 lol) I actually have time to sit and type a comical thing while I wait to be able to move again. thats if I dont die from my helpless state as the svaltus gives me some jail loving with his awesome sword ...lol
Virus, burn, poisin, shock dont seem to last nearly as long or have such a devistating effect as paralysis. So do you think paralysis lasts too long?
</font>

If anything, poison seems to last a lot longer but it could just be me lol.

But yeah, your solution: have a techer in your group http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: WatchThemFeed on 2007-07-22 13:00 ]</font>

EspioKaos
Jul 22, 2007, 03:12 PM
Though I haven't timed paralysis (and freeze, for that matter) against the other status effects, I think one reason is seems to last longer is because you're completely helpless. When in a dire situation, i.e. being pummeled by Gol Dolvas or a Svaltus (or three), time will drag by when there's nothing you can do but wait to be healed or just wait to die. At least with burn, virus, poison, shock and silence you can use an antimate on yourself as well as still move around.

Sekani
Jul 22, 2007, 03:44 PM
On 2007-07-22 10:37, amtalx wrote:

I still do that out of habit...

That's because it still works. True story.

FUFME
Jul 22, 2007, 03:48 PM
Depends of the level of paralysis. Nosdiga is only like LV2 or LV3 paralysis and will not last as long as Svaltus effect

Alamar
Jul 22, 2007, 03:51 PM
you need group that has sols and uses them. i always carry them always

Theoderic
Jul 22, 2007, 04:24 PM
Paralysis should still let you be able to move around. As it stands now, it's a better verison of Freeze. Paralysis should be the combination of Shock and Silence, but have a harder time being applied. At least Sleep and Freeze are different enough effects on a player... What ever happened to Slow?