PDA

View Full Version : more learned stuff...

DurakkenX
Jul 21, 2007, 04:54 AM
How rentis actually works!
Ok, Rentis lvl blocks vs SE lvl. If you are going megid lvl 4 vs rentis lvl 3 megid will go right through it, so it's not a 100% null of all things...

in Crimson beast...
wall guns = considered technics
shagreece fire breath = considered technic
jarba megid = considered technic but S2 megid goes through 452 rentis
de ragan fire orb = considered technic
de ragan fire breath = not considered technic

I imagine that this is similar throughout ^.^

Rentis and the other barrier technic do not cancel each other out like i had thought they would, they are both active and switch between the two vissually.

De ragan, shortly before he dies (when he has low hp)has a fire effect aura coming from his mouth for a brief amount of time
knock back PA skills seem to cause De ragan to stay on the ground and trigger the fire breath but not certain

It seems that there are 2 types of blocking... one is green grid, while the other is of the color of your elemental shield line

PM 452 seems to have lightning elemental shield line ^.^ regardless of the photon energy bow...

Anyone that can confirm or deny all this stuff please do so, but I'm pretty sure this is all right.

Shou
Jul 21, 2007, 05:04 AM
cool investigation. i thought ratnis just added a % more of your total MST. what are the %, do you know?

DurakkenX
Jul 21, 2007, 05:27 AM
It isn't based on percent...If you have a lvl 3 rentis...and you get hit with a lvl 4 megid, the megid acts as if your rentis isn't there... I'm not sure if there is percent over or not as i have nothing more to judge this on other than rentis vs megid... i think there is a fire lvl 4 somewhere though, but I'm not positive on it... and i don't know much about the SE percents and such.

Shou
Jul 21, 2007, 05:39 AM
what? So what does ratnis do exactally? it says it raisees magic defence

DurakkenX
Jul 21, 2007, 05:45 AM
It nullifies technics that are equal to or below the level of the Combo lvl of the casted rentis for 3 hits.

So if I get hit with megid lvl 3 and my rentis is lvl 3 then megid is nullified, but if i get hit with megid lvl 4 and my rentis is lvl 3 then megid still hits me, i'm not sure if it absorbs a bit of the damage or if it takes out a rentis bar or if just ignores it completely...

Soukosa
Jul 21, 2007, 06:02 AM
Rentis doesn't nullify tech damage online, it only reduces its damage by a good amount, supposedly.

The color of the block effect is based on the brand of your shield line (unless it has a unique graphic, ala Rabol Rappy). GRM is blue, Yohmei is green, and Tenora is red. Thought that was common knowledge by now >.>

DurakkenX
Jul 21, 2007, 06:12 AM
That can't 100% be true sounomi... I guard with green and red wearing the same shield and the PM block is green and yellow...but more than likely it's like what you say cept that there is a green and blue, green and green?, and green and red.

Rentis DOES nullify damage as far as I have seen except against higher combo lvl than it's combo lvl...I never take damage from a tech no matter how hard it would hit me except from lvl 4 megid thus far.

Shou
Jul 21, 2007, 06:20 AM
i think its like ratier... it raises your mst by some % lol it does not nullify a tech cast against you

DurakkenX
Jul 21, 2007, 06:29 AM
Why wouldn't it, it's only 3 hits, I makes less sense to "raise" your defense for 3 hits, than it does to nullify.

beatrixkiddo
Jul 21, 2007, 08:39 AM
The green blocking you're referring to is evasion.

Lyrise
Jul 21, 2007, 10:10 AM
On 2007-07-21 04:02, Sounomi wrote:
Rentis doesn't nullify tech damage online, it only reduces its damage by a good amount, supposedly.

That's half true. Rentis online is supposed to nullify tech damage up to a certain point, that point being 33% of the player's Maximum HP. Any time you incur damage that exceeds that value, you take half of the damage that the tech would have normally done.

Rentis + high ratio armor = most damage negated.
Rentis + high ratio armor + Cast/Beast = Pretty much all tech damage gone.

Theoderic
Jul 21, 2007, 03:51 PM
Lyrise and I must be on the same page about this. I noticed a lot of things during FB, and I came to a similar conclusion. I figured each level of Rentis (the teirs being 1+,11+,21+,31+) would completely nullify techniques (the benefit being to evade the effect of the technique in the case of low STA, and/or to evade potentially higher damge in the case of low MST) by certain percentages of one's total HP. I estimated them to be 10%, 20%, 30%, and 40% (come AoI).

Examples of the above explained are below:

Cast/Beast FF has low MST, but high HP, and 30% of their HP may be enough to buffer a technique, so lvl 21-30 Rentis can keep the technique from hitting them altogether, and they are immune to the status of that technique.

Males with armor that has no extra slot means they are stuck at 10 STA for the most part. Assume Vanda Mehra Damfoie is a technique: the supposed SE5 Burn would be nullified, saving a ton of HP (Is it possible that this special attack can be protected by Dizas?). The same can be said with Jarba Dambarta. Being able to run out of that with the protection of Rentis helps.

I thought newmans would receive the least benefit from Rentis. But if anything happens to get through their already high MST, and the damge being done is higher than a certain percentage of their HP, they will receive half the damge of the tech that did get through, which counters their low HP.

In general, anyone with Rentis on, can at least expect to receive half damage from a technique, and at best expect to be immune completely for one hit. Rentis definitely affects each class/race combo in a unique way.

Shou
Jul 21, 2007, 03:54 PM
cool so at high lvls it only works 3 times then you have to cast it on the party again? >_>;

Oh BTW does dizaz work the same way but withphysical moves?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shou on 2007-07-21 13:55 ]</font>

Theoderic
Jul 21, 2007, 05:05 PM
I would assume it does. I hate testing it all out offline, because I know that there will be differences when it's released online to the playerbase. I am sure that the NPCs have them there so that ST can do some testing and modifications to allow for balance. I think that when they made support techniques the way they were, these 2 definitely created with EVERY class/race in mind.

Niered
Jul 21, 2007, 05:32 PM

The color of the block effect is based on the brand of your shield line (unless it has a unique graphic, ala Rabol Rappy). GRM is blue, Yohmei is green, and Tenora is red. Thought that was common knowledge by now >.>

My Crimsonline that blocks with a green effect says hello.

Otis_Kat
Jul 21, 2007, 05:52 PM
My Gigaline blocks with Blue.

DurakkenX
Jul 21, 2007, 06:16 PM
On 2007-07-21 15:05, Theoderic wrote:
I would assume it does. I hate testing it all out offline, because I know that there will be differences when it's released online to the playerbase.

I test using the NPCs online ^.^

Theoderic
Jul 21, 2007, 06:48 PM
I did with my PM, but I just can't seem to get her to cast Rentis against anything but Bel Pannons lol. Why the hell does Maya have Dizas!?

beatrixkiddo
Jul 21, 2007, 10:12 PM
On 2007-07-21 15:32, Niered wrote:

My Crimsonline that blocks with a green effect says hello.

That's not blocking, that's evading, I'm pretty sure :/ I've never actually seen a "blocking" effect, all I see is the green evasion 'barrier' when I evade. If I block something by taking zero damage, I get no special barrier.

McLaughlin
Jul 21, 2007, 10:36 PM
Maybe people have different contrast settings on their TVs? My Crimson Line's evasion shield thingy is blue-ish.

Niered
Jul 21, 2007, 10:51 PM
On 2007-07-21 20:36, Obsidian_Knight wrote:
Maybe people have different contrast settings on their TVs? My Crimson Line's evasion shield thingy is blue-ish.

Actually, thats a very real possibility for me. The PC I use to play PSU has a very wonky monitor, so It could just be that.

beatrixkiddo
Jul 21, 2007, 11:18 PM
Here's what I see, with an Ageha-senba (Yohmei) equipped. Maybe I've just never paid enough attention; I thought all the armor types were green when you evade an attack.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/beatrix_kiddo/psu20070722_131101_014.jpg

edit: After paying attention some more, it seems Leo has a Yohmei Line Shield as well; I guess it's Gi-senba. My GH432 blocks with Blue I think, so she's got some GRM Line on, which makes sense.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: beatrixkiddo on 2007-07-21 21:25 ]</font>

VanHalen
Jul 21, 2007, 11:23 PM
Pretty nice info Durakken.

Oh and lol@leo in that pic.

beatrixkiddo
Jul 21, 2007, 11:27 PM
lol @ leo in any situation http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

He dies like nobody's business; he runs into packs of Vahras and dies quicker than I, a Newman FO, do. But his chat lines are hilarious and his AI isn't bad, his gear just sucks. At least he attacks most of the time, which is more than I can say for Laia or Lou. :/

lethe
Jul 21, 2007, 11:48 PM
i was playing in a party that had maya in it and she casted dizas, the effect it had on the party was that attacks were nullified, when all three bars around you were used up then you started taking damage again
more info
when this happened i was lvl 42 on crimson A run (if that info helps)

Ffuzzy-Logik
Jul 22, 2007, 11:22 AM
I've recently learned that context is expressed through the context.

In other news, Durakken needs to stop fucking running.