PDA

View Full Version : @ XBox players

Fleur-de-Lis
Jul 21, 2007, 06:47 PM
Hey, its been a while.

I'm heading out of work in a few hours and I'm going to pick up a Samsung LCDTV and a 360.

I miss the game. Should I pick it up as well? How is the community? Have I missed too much to make a fresh start?

Any advice would be a great help. Thank you.

FlameBlade
Jul 21, 2007, 06:56 PM
How long has it been?

Year- its better with more features and money is way too easy to get but there are still idiots...but its super newb friendly and as long as ur compitent the game will ACTUALLY give you good stuff now like decent money ect. ect.

Months- there are still random scammers and firebreak made things worse but its ok now

Month- lol like this game could change in a month...only a few new missions and events...nothing super-new

AOIs gonna make this game rock but its still just the good old PSU...just remember what it was before and put some sprinkles and a cherry on top lol...

APEXi
Jul 21, 2007, 07:00 PM
if you miss the game i think you pretty much made the decision to buy it already

PALRAPPYS
Jul 21, 2007, 07:04 PM
Come back!

It's an awesome game now. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif It's hard to believe I actually had fun a long time ago... so much new content to enjoy; it's great. If you played on PC/PS2 before, you'll have a heckofatime when you go to 360. Great population, no hacks, it's just great.

Plus... if you miss the game... why not come back? PSU is only $30 now at most stores. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Criss
Jul 21, 2007, 07:06 PM
I think AoI will be well worth the wait, and if you're ever planning on playing it, you might want to get a headstart to be ready for all the new expansion stuff.

I say you should take a look at all the AoI info. If you think it's gonna be insanely awesome (like most people do XD), then you should get PSU.

Parn
Jul 21, 2007, 07:08 PM
Big recommendation when you buy that HDTV and 360: pick up a VGA cable, if the HDTV has a port on the back for it (Samsungs usually do). Most consumers buy a 720p/1080i compatible HDTV, and 1366x768 is usually the native resolution on LCDs of that type. 720p and 1080i signals have to be scaled to fit, and you lose clarity and quality because of that. You can avoid that by using a VGA cable, since you can set the 360 to output the HDTV's resolution... you can't do that with Component or HDMI.

At any rate, if you need some folks to play with, 360 folks are around. I'm always open for goofing off no matter what level. I'm still level 56 after all this time.

Fleur-de-Lis
Jul 21, 2007, 07:21 PM
Hey Parn.

The resolution's listed as 1440x900. I don't know much about it, but would you say the VGA cable is more imperative, less imperative, or unaffected?

To everyone, thanks for the responses. I'm still tentative as there are plenty of games to play, and I haven't played any games in months. It's encouraging to hear people are still positive about the game.

APEXi
Jul 21, 2007, 07:23 PM
i may have to look into this vga shtuff. currently 'rocking' the component...

Parn
Jul 21, 2007, 08:46 PM
1440x900 sounds like a monitor instead of a TV. I do know that the 360 does not support that resolution with the VGA cable. Also, 1440x900 is a very odd aspect ratio... it's 8:5 instead of 16:9. Anything you play from your Xbox 360 will have a disproportionate picture if you used it as a display device. You will want to look into something that delivers 1280x720, 1366x768, or 1920x1080 if you want an accurate picture.

Fleur-de-Lis
Jul 22, 2007, 08:17 PM
So I got it...

...where do all the cool kids hang out?

BanF
Jul 22, 2007, 09:32 PM
The 360 population is as usual; that is, most play well, a bunch play bad, some scam, others run around trying to ruin runs for people. Everyone gathers around Uni 1 and 2, the japanese are at 16, and these days most people are doing Her Secret Mission at Neudaiz Guardians HQ, Desert Terror over at Moatoob Underground Lake, and Sealabs and Crimson Beast at Parum, in the lab and Raffon Lake respectively.

Parn
Jul 22, 2007, 10:03 PM
Best thing to do is add some Gamertags so you have a good starting point with some PSOW folk. You'll find them strewn on people's sigs throughout the board. I pretty much hang out with anyone.

ThEoRy
Jul 22, 2007, 10:04 PM
On 2007-07-22 18:17, Fleur-de-Lis wrote:
So I got it...

Right here! Oh yeah!!

seriously though.. why don't you pop on in at the festival of lights get together Ryno is hosting? It's a great way for you to collect some partner cards and make some friends.
Personally, I like to collect PSOWers cards like Pokemon.
Gotta catch em all!!

Heres a link to the thread.

http://pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=148795&forum=20&13

see ya there!

jayster
Jul 22, 2007, 10:11 PM
On 2007-07-22 20:04, Octagon wrote:

So I got it...

Right here! Oh yeah!!

seriously though.. why don't you pop on in at the festival of lights get together Ryno is hosting? It's a great way for you to collect some partner cards and make some friends.
Gotta catch em all!!

see ya there!

I'll never be caught. I go out of my way to not be caught by PSO-WORLDERS. Catching me is like catching mewtwo.

Fleur-de-Lis
Jul 22, 2007, 10:21 PM
Hm, well I'll be on another business trip during the event (fifth in five weeks, I hate the Summer), so... I guess I'll be missing that one. Anyway, my Gamertag is Coeur de Lis, if anyone gets bored.

Thanks to everyone for the advice.

BanF
Jul 23, 2007, 02:20 AM
Ugh, partner cards. I trim my list once a week, keeping it so it's one page long.

Fleur-de-Lis
Jul 23, 2007, 04:46 AM
Doesn't the Gamertag sort of negate the need for the Partner Card? I don't really know anything about XBL.

Incidentally, I'm loving 360. On my very first run I got 2 Kubara and 2 Rappy Feather. It's so much prettier too. I'm pretty psyched to be playing again.

McLaughlin
Jul 23, 2007, 06:53 AM
Kind of, but they won't (in some cases anyway) tell you where the player is at (it'll give you a planet and how many people are in the party, if it doesn't tell you the mission).

I use Partner Cards and Gamertags interchangeably.

darthplagis
Jul 23, 2007, 06:55 AM
i have some low lvl dudes that you can hitch a ride with for EXP and stuff (may even have some high C and medium B stuff that i dont wanna feed to PMs) i'll add u on my GT list and just gimme a holler if im on.

as for where ppl hang just drop into random partys and ask if its ok 2 join you will find some jerks but most of us are cool with it.

pokefiend
Jul 23, 2007, 07:03 AM
On 2007-07-22 19:32, BanF wrote:
The 360 population is as usual; that is, most play well, a bunch play bad, some scam, others run around trying to ruin runs for people. Everyone gathers around Uni 1 and 2, the japanese are at 16, and these days most people are doing Her Secret Mission at Neudaiz Guardians HQ, Desert Terror over at Moatoob Kuju West Field Base, and Sealabs and Crimson Beast at Parum, in the lab and Raffon Lake respectively.

Fixed http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

ThEoRy
Jul 23, 2007, 11:44 AM
On 2007-07-22 20:11, jayster wrote:

On 2007-07-22 20:04, Octagon wrote:

So I got it...

Right here! Oh yeah!!

Gotta catch em all!!

see ya there!

I'll never be caught. I go out of my way to not be caught by PSO-WORLDERS. Catching me is like catching mewtwo.

The Hunt is ON!!