PDA

View Full Version : RARE DROPS IN THIS GAME

Alamar
Jul 22, 2007, 03:10 PM
I have been playing since early November. I have grinded many days for 14 to 16 hours straight. I have yet to find one rare board for myself. Is something wrong here? Then "IF" I had found it i have to make the dam thing. another chance at failure. Does that seem a little to much to anyone else? I don't or have not played other on-line games. Are other games like that? I mean we all been grinding the hell out of missions for nothing at all. If you had grinded in another game WOW,Vangaurd etc. Would you not have a rare by now? and when you find it in other games to you have to make it with a chance of failure dependent of your "Pm" level for that item? I am just really tired of grinding away hour after hour with them releasing weapons and armor and not getting anything at all. I have not one (1) rare item in my inventory. I really think the drop rates in this game are way way to high couple that with the fact you have to make them after also. example someone i know found sweetdeath and with a 82% chance it failed. Now come on how stupid is that really? now some of the stats on these weapons are not really awesome at all. the PP is always low you eat up charges left and right on them. Oh you want more PP and power. Grind it wait before you do that the weapon you so long looked for and found and made. BREAK sorry try again.the whole rare thing is really really out of range of things. Sega has messed up the rares bad. they are too hard to find to hard to make to hard to grind. the grinding ok the making ok. but lower the drops. or raise the % to make and keep the drop rate the same. something its just dam BS to keep paying grinding away with no rewards for your work. Am I alone in this or anyone else see this too?

DaRkWoLf30
Jul 22, 2007, 03:12 PM
I have found a couple so far, and failed them, but i don't give up because eventually you will get it, instead of posting you could have found one by now http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Parn
Jul 22, 2007, 03:16 PM
Got a Solid / Power S and Giga / Skill PP Bullet today in the span of just two hours. I think the trick is to not focus so much on getting special items and they just seem to fall into your inventory. It also helps to be sexy like me. The game likes you more.

Freshellent
Jul 22, 2007, 03:17 PM
I hear that. Wait. Wait a second here....

Alamar
Jul 22, 2007, 03:17 PM
right i heard that for 8 months now 14 hours yesterday straight. nothing thats a not a anwser. thats just what i posted about above did you not read what i said about grinding and no rewards for that many months

Alamar
Jul 22, 2007, 03:30 PM
anyone reply on other games and rares I know people have or are playing other games. what are rares like in other games?

Davot
Jul 22, 2007, 03:31 PM
On 2007-07-22 13:16, Parn wrote:
Got a Solid / Power S and Giga / Skill PP Bullet today in the span of just two hours. I think the trick is to not focus so much on getting special items and they just seem to fall into your inventory. It also helps to be sexy like me. The game likes you more.

im perdier =P

FUFME
Jul 22, 2007, 03:34 PM
The drop rates here fucking blow, I know what you mean. Spending countless hours hunting for Halarod and no luck at all.

I farm Demons S for 5 days and got 4 Tengoh Boards. Why is it easier to get this board and not others?

Dj_SkyEpic
Jul 22, 2007, 03:35 PM
If you expect less then you'll get more. If you expect more, you'll get less.

Cassee
Jul 22, 2007, 03:36 PM
If you think PSU is bad, go play Ragnarok Online. >_>

Of course, that may just be bias since I've -never- had a good rare in RO and I've had a few good shiny items in PSU, but that's just my two meseta. *shrug* And, uh... I suppose being sexy would help? Even though no one really considers male Casts sexy, but that's more Sega's fault for shafting them so often when it comes to parts. *huff*

Sekani
Jul 22, 2007, 03:37 PM
On 2007-07-22 13:30, Alamar wrote:
anyone reply on other games and rares I know people have or are playing other games. what are rares like in other games?

Those other games have other forums. Try asking there.

Alamar
Jul 22, 2007, 03:37 PM
they do suck yes thats my point exactly. couple that with the sythning and grinding its just bullshit.

Alamar
Jul 22, 2007, 03:38 PM
think i will try that

Aralia
Jul 22, 2007, 03:40 PM
=.= you know...

100+ Plains Overlord runs...
200+ PA frags later, I only have 2 cati-line boards to show for it. (mind you cati-line is 9* and not all that rare.. so I hear)

/kubara post

FUFME
Jul 22, 2007, 03:41 PM
I kinda learned my lesson during Easter regarding the bullshit rare hunting. Everyone though that by farming for that special item and expecting the Rappy to drop it and it didnt.

My guess is that we all really have to wait for the expansion to get any new and better weapons

Alamar
Jul 22, 2007, 03:44 PM
maybe so Fufme maybe they will fix the drop rate. I could see the drop rate being that high if the weapon itself dropped. That would make sense to me. but to drop the board with that high a drop rate is just plain stupid.

Aralia
Jul 22, 2007, 03:50 PM
On 2007-07-22 13:41, FUFME wrote:
I kinda learned my lesson during Easter regarding the bullshit rare hunting. Everyone though that by farming for that special item and expecting the Rappy to drop it and it didnt.

My guess is that we all really have to wait for the expansion to get any new and better weapons

Got mine after a single night of farming =D

MSAksion
Jul 22, 2007, 04:37 PM
I'm with Alamar - the drop rates for the ONE Knuckles, the ONE Shotgun, the TWO Double sabers, the ONE Broadsword, the TWO Magic staffs... all of these are INSANE.

The problem is right now there is Only one or two of something. Maybe if there were like half a dozen shotguns, a half a dozen magic staffs - maybe the drop rate for each of those was the same...

...but because there are SIX shotguns that drop there is six times the chance to find it. Also let's say there was a rucar and a crea double. Technicallly the Rucar is better than a crea. Why hunt a crea when there is something better? Once the next one higher is released everyone starts looking for that one right?

Another problem, the fact that it only drops in one or two places. This can be fixed when every place has an S2 that is over lvl 100+ enemies. For right now though everyone is just hunting and spamming the SAME mission over and over. But spamming = Boring. I want variety of missions a night, meaning only one or two times a place then move on.

I consider myself an above average gamer - timewise. With work and life i can ONLY put in about 4-6 hours a night for the past 9 months. Yet i myself have not seen an S board ever drop. I don't do the 15+ hours like some of my friends - that's prob why they are decked out with multiple rares.

So technically - only the most hardcore (read - no lives, no school, no jobs) will be rewarded. I guess that is fair. But if I myself who do 4-6 hours a day can't find anything, what will anyone who puts in far less hours have any chance? And statistically - i should have encountered something - but i've never even SEEN an S board drop.

Another problem, which it truly isn't one = its the fact that you have a bit of LUCK and RANDOM-ness to item distribution

Six People is 16% chance to get a Rare.
Four is 25% chance
Three is 33% chance
Two people is 50%

The true bane of rare hunting is your friends. Yes i said it. Your friends are a liability. Or worse, a RANDOM may walk off with the item you wanted for sooo long and have grinded for sooo many hours. Your hard work and someone else gets rewarded - that is the most depressing disheartening unfair part.

But the S2 missions are insane and very time consuming and expensive if you can't SOLO. Again MMO is a party game yes and friends are more important but still.... that's my 2 meseta. Balance of friends and time = no rewards???

PMB960
Jul 22, 2007, 10:01 PM
On 2007-07-22 14:37, MSAksion wrote:

The true bane of rare hunting is your friends. Yes i said it. Your friends are a liability. Or worse, a RANDOM may walk off with the item you wanted for sooo long and have grinded for sooo many hours. Your hard work and someone else gets rewarded - that is the most depressing disheartening unfair part.

But the S2 missions are insane and very time consuming and expensive if you can't SOLO. Again MMO is a party game yes and friends are more important but still.... that's my 2 meseta. Balance of friends and time = no rewards???

Thats why people make called parties with friends. Most missions generally have several S ranks that drop in them. If you play only with friends and each of you calls a rare you can assume that, being your friend, that person will give you the rare you called if it drops and does not go to you.

Almighty_Envy
Jul 22, 2007, 10:05 PM
On 2007-07-22 20:01, PMB960 wrote:

Thats why people make called parties with friends. Most missions generally have several S ranks that drop in them. If you play only with friends and each of you calls a rare you can assume that, being your friend, that person will give you the rare you called if it drops and does not go to you.

Or if ur like me u hab no friends and do it your damned self /emo

That being said i have honestly never hunted for my rares.

Ibuka
Jul 23, 2007, 12:57 AM
Yeah i know what you mean.... I been on PSU since day one and haven't seen an S rank board.
And all my characters i play are close to lv cap >.< It bugs me how i been there since day one and seen no S board drop... And my friend has been playing like only for 3 months and has like 3 rank weapons... >.< Only thing i have found rare was a Black Heart and Puyo Aura >.< I now i just play just level my characters levels and Photon Arts and gave up on S boards. I just pray i found one at least before AOI comes out... Which i doubt it >.<

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ibuka on 2007-07-22 23:01 ]</font>

Isabella
Jul 23, 2007, 01:00 AM
I love this game http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

NightHour13
Jul 23, 2007, 01:20 AM
Never seen a rare board drop ever (besides the accursed scape doll board). Never seen anything rare besides synth items like olpad's and kubara woods. Notice im saying "never seen" meaning not only did I not see them but I have not even come close to getting one. Back in PSO hunting for rares was exciting and fun all the time for me, but now its like this:

Grind for Rare board: 2 days
Grind for synth items needed to make weapon: 2 days
PM: Not leveled enough - Failed; all is lost.

Next week same thing, only this time your PM is maxed out after a week of feeding it. Ahhh now the percent is 82% chance of success!!....FAILURE ANY WAY!!!

What the hell were they thinking when they thought of this. Did they get lazy with the creating of the rares that they just made a bunch of rare crap to make the few weapons they thought up? Back in PSO the weapons were fun, creative, interesting (some had stories) and most of all they were very functional. Now some of the rares are just a cut higher then the ones you can buy in a shop.

I guess this is revenge when people would shout " I found another 40 Varista's today. Sorry if I sound unstructured and gramatically incorrect - it's late and im tired.

Proff
Jul 23, 2007, 01:28 AM
It's too easy to level to 90. The only real weapons that 95% of the players have are the 8 and 9 stars you can buy in the shop. It's getting boring. It's too hard to find fuck in this game and then you have to find the high rank materials PLUS succeed the synth to make anything.

At least in PSO, if you grinded for something forever you still could get XP while doing it. The good S2 missions in PSU have high level requirements and will put you at the 90 cap in no time. So, when you're not finding anything good, you're almost wasting your time. Sure, money is good and so are mats but what's the point if you can't use them for anything? I liked how in PSO, grinding any mission would yield SOME rare weapons that were non-purchasable via npc. In PSO, I actually found some shit (very proud of my Angel Harp and Sealed J).

In PSU, all I ever found ever, was one Two Headed Ragnus that came out with 12% Fire. I was level 80 for a very long time before I found it too. It's not that S Ranks should drop like Candy, but we're talking about 10 stars here with one synth per board (and will likely have low percentages anyway). The drop COULD be increased a little bit so that maybe out of 5-10 runs you'll get a board or two.

NightHour13
Jul 23, 2007, 01:40 AM
Well said Proff. Thats pretty much what I was trying to say, im glad your more awake then I am XD.

In closing, in my most radical opinion, Sega should just totally redo the rare system and just make them drop rare items that are fully made - no fleakin synthesizing EVERYTHING (healing items might be cool to synth if only them). If at least back then I liked laughing at the monsters who dropped the rares. First time I got a lavis cannon, and this is famous with my friends: What on earth was a red jello doing with a cataclysmic-apocalypse saber?!

l_Will_l
Jul 23, 2007, 01:10 PM
On 2007-07-22 13:35, Dj_SkyEpic wrote:
If you expect less then you'll get more. If you expect more, you'll get less.

haha i so wish this were true. i grind and grind and grind all day. (not working atm) most of the time im the one in the party not yelling (PLZ SEGA DROP "wanted item" NAO!!!) or something like that. and in my whole experience of playing ive found a [B] Rabol lebfa a day after its release and last night after 20 hours of grinding PO and SW I got a [B] Svaltus Sword. And I might add that when i join those random partys its for exp/frags/meseta or cause i just feel like running and no friends are on atm. i do have friends i hunt rares with and we find nothing. but i mean to be in a random party and actually get the one rare that one time. then the party rags and hates on u cause some "random" came in and stole their rare. lol u want the rare- Lock and items on give finder. lol but yeah thats just my 2 meseta. (btw on ps2/pc servers thats all it feels like i have meseta wise lol)

Dragwind
Jul 23, 2007, 01:12 PM
There's a reason why they are called "rare"

Medic
Jul 23, 2007, 01:16 PM
it only looks like you never get anything because you try so hard. just play the game for fun and not items and they will rain from the sky. my experience was 5 bil de vear horns on 3 missions...... c missions

l_Will_l
Jul 23, 2007, 01:18 PM
yea thats true. but i think really ive noticed a pattern with the s rank drops it kinda goes like this:

already have several s ranks = s rank drops

just playing and not having any s ranks = sega bending u over and givin' it dry.

cause really thats all it feels like lol. if i dont have the money to buy a rare board off of someone or have another made s rank to trade off for a s rank board. then u have no chance in hell of getting an s rank. cause ive got over 2100 hours on my main and in that whole time ive found 2 s rank boards, 1 of which was an armor that i cant even make because ppl think that metapolymers are worth between 10min and 40mil

l_Will_l
Jul 23, 2007, 01:21 PM
On 2007-07-23 11:16, Medic wrote:
it only looks like you never get anything because you try so hard. just play the game for fun and not items and they will rain from the sky. my experience was 5 bil de vear horns on 3 missions...... c missions

i dont think u quite got what i said. s ranks are the last thing on my mind when im playing. im just there to kill and have fun. ive always like the play style of these games since pso for dc was first released. im not here lookin for s rank, they are just an added bonus if i find one. but that very very very rarely happens. to me it seems like the ppl that find boards are the ppl that dont want that particular board. cause i always see someone wanting to trade a board for a complete weapon. and mats arent even 1/4 as hard to find as the board is but thanks anyways lol

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: l_Will_l on 2007-07-23 11:22 ]</font>

BeastOblivion
Jul 23, 2007, 01:22 PM
Before you synthesize,save.so encase it fails you can just keep restarting until it does work.

Hucast-Kireek
Jul 23, 2007, 01:23 PM
The key to getting rares is having lots and lots of friends and letting them know what you are looking for (however study your friends to see if they are evil, not everyone is a good friend), as well as they can tell u want they want. that way you could help each other. the problem with this game is greedy bastards that preffer to look at money rather than a weapon or help a friend.

Before you synthesize,save.so encase it fails you can just keep restarting until it does work.

wait...what do you mean!? how can you save? and can you really reset the game so it will brings you back to when the board was intact?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hucast-Kireek on 2007-07-23 11:31 ]</font>

BeastOblivion
Jul 23, 2007, 01:30 PM
If you saved BEFORE you synthisized.Thats what I always do.

l_Will_l
Jul 23, 2007, 01:31 PM
o.0 Are you offline or onine beastoblivion? cause i dont think that works online.....

Hucast-Kireek
Jul 23, 2007, 01:32 PM
So you are telling me that you can make it as to never fail a weapon???

l_Will_l
Jul 23, 2007, 01:35 PM
sorry my last comment was more sarcasm. online u cant save and try again. if that was the case no one would ever fail a synth

BeastOblivion
Jul 23, 2007, 01:35 PM
well on offline you can,but I dont know about online because I never tried it.

Hucast-Kireek
Jul 23, 2007, 01:52 PM
Dam, however I heard a rumor that some people do it online and thats why some of them have many 50% and Srank weapons.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hucast-Kireek on 2007-07-23 11:55 ]</font>

MrPOW
Jul 23, 2007, 01:58 PM
On 2007-07-23 11:52, Hucast-Kireek wrote:
Dam, however I heard a rumor that some people do it online and thats why some of them have many 50% and Srank weapons.

And I am now more stupid from just reading this "rumor".

Hucast-Kireek
Jul 23, 2007, 02:07 PM
What are you implying?

kyle21
Jul 23, 2007, 02:10 PM
What sucks is when you hunt for a month to find a Sweet Death board, when you finally do it fails a 24hr synth at 85% chance...so you hunt for another 3 or so weeks to find another and it only comes out 10%...yayyy!

S-Rank count:
[B]Sweet Death x2
[B]Meteor Cannon x2

My advice is don't expect anything to drop, just play for fun.

Personally id rather have S-Ranks be rare, even if it takes a long to find them. Can't be called rare if 4/6 people in the room has one. What needs to be adjusted is the lv cap, not the S-Rank drop rate.

ZodiacNKnight
Jul 23, 2007, 02:15 PM
On 2007-07-22 13:41, FUFME wrote:

I got one from farming...?

MrPOW
Jul 23, 2007, 02:37 PM
On 2007-07-23 12:07, Hucast-Kireek wrote:
What are you implying?

That the notion of never failing a weapon synth is ridiculous.

Hucast-Kireek
Jul 23, 2007, 02:41 PM
That doesnt stop hackers, Ive seen those users.

fumatanera
Jul 23, 2007, 03:19 PM
the worst part is being a fT. once you find a decent rod or cane after a retarded amount hours, you say to yourself, "yes, finally i got this.....oh shit i use like 5 rods, so only 2-4 of my techs will benefit. hoorah! "

DraginHikari
Jul 23, 2007, 03:51 PM
On 2007-07-22 23:40, NightHour13 wrote:
Well said Proff. Thats pretty much what I was trying to say, im glad your more awake then I am XD.

In closing, in my most radical opinion, Sega should just totally redo the rare system and just make them drop rare items that are fully made - no fleakin synthesizing EVERYTHING (healing items might be cool to synth if only them). If at least back then I liked laughing at the monsters who dropped the rares. First time I got a lavis cannon, and this is famous with my friends: What on earth was a red jello doing with a cataclysmic-apocalypse saber?!

Expect there not going to do that, yes they can improve the synthesis system, but why would they go back to the old way which was just as random as the synthesis system is with even less control. The drop rates do need worked on and the synsthesis system does as well but I really don't believe their going to step backwards with it. The only thing they've confirmed they're doing that for the 9* or lower weapons that drop from monsters.
(Which already drop anyway they only changed that the element and percentage will be random.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DraginHikari on 2007-07-23 13:55 ]</font>

Finae
Jul 23, 2007, 04:00 PM
I like the synthesis system. I don't like the old pso way.

As for op said, its just luck and determination. Most of the stuff I have desired for ever since it came out I have got because I never gave up. I've done hundreds of runs and while they make you go crazy, its all worth it once that item you want drops.

That doesn't mean the drop rate shouldn't be modified though. Sega should have a brain and know that people aren't going to spend a lifetime hunting for that item. I can see the units/weapons/armor that offer something really great with a crazy drop rate, but something like 10 star weapons and whatnot shouldn't take forever to get. Only example I'll provide is psycho wand. Offers a ton of tp and it looks pretty cool, something like that shouldn't be in the hands of everyone and their mom. Though if they are going to make that weapon hard to find, they should bump up the synth success rate to 75% or more. No one likes seeing that item they worked their ass for months turning into a monomate.

My only gripe is rare items from boss boxes. That does need to be fixed imo. ITs like winning the damn lotto and most of the time, it does not work in my favor.

Proff
Jul 23, 2007, 08:51 PM
On 2007-07-23 12:10, kyle21 wrote:
My advice is don't expect anything to drop, just play for fun.

It's kind of hard to play for fun when nothing is gained, period. Money is useless if there's nothing to spend it on (assuming most people are fully decked with enough 9 stars, which is pretty much the case). MP is useless because it's easy as hell to max a job, or multiple jobs. Experience Points are useless because the level cap is fucking stupid. Materials are even more useless because you need the damn boards to drop so you can use them (and likely fail/make a weapon with percentage so low it's weaker than the 9 star). Pointless/mindless grinding may be fun for some people and that's fine, but I don't really need to pay $10 a month to do that. I have better, and free-er ways to grind mindlessly.

On 2007-07-23 12:10, kyle21 wrote:

Personally id rather have S-Ranks be rare, even if it takes a long to find them. Can't be called rare if 4/6 people in the room has one. What needs to be adjusted is the lv cap, not the S-Rank drop rate.

I would agree with this if we were talking 12 or even some 11 stars. Truth is though, it's just the 10 stars that are out right now (for the most part). No need for 10 star weapons to be rare when you consider the time/meseta it takes to make one. Then what? It can fail or very likely come out with shitty percents. It seems like you want 1 out of 6 players to be walking around with a weaker-than-npc-bought weapon that looks cool. I don't get the point of that. I like grinding to be a little more rewarding and a little less pointless.

Shiro_Ryuu
Jul 23, 2007, 08:58 PM
Rare drop rate for me is -100/100. Yeah, I have a negative chance of ever getting a rare, that's how bad my luck is.

Alamar
Jul 24, 2007, 03:08 AM
It seems that nobody likes the way rares drop. I so feel the grinding in a certain mission for lets say "Blackbull" ok go to "Hive" or "Desert Goliath" yea you can solo them but how fast? And better yet How long could you afford to solo it? Two places to find a weapon that alot of people want. two? Only two then like it has been said failure or better yet have a cool looking Blackbull you never use cause your Phanton kicks its ass in damage. Case in point...Does everyone remember the Double daggers? the B rank did way more damage then there A rank counter parts. Makes sense? Nope. They did nurf the damage of them so that is proof they can fix this now instead of waiting for AOI. But with AOI so close to coming out,in reletive terms ( I don't mean like next month) whats the point in Sega's eyes. I am sorry but if they want me to grind my ass off hour after hour after hour that dam weapon better drop not the dam board. I want to equip that thing now. Not wait 12-24 hours to get a shitty % or worse Monomate. I remember PSO finding something equipping it right then to see how cool it was and to see the damage. which was ALWAYS better then what you had or could buy. That my friends is success..That is the fruit of grinding away for days, some done it months. Don't give me a "Board" with a chance of failure. Thats like having the 6 winning lottery numbers then you having to play another game to see if you win then other to see how much you win. ????? makes no sense right? well the weapon drops don't make sense just like that to me.