PDA

View Full Version : sad and dissapointed

Travis IV
Jul 22, 2007, 06:35 PM
so me travis -8 in game, have been a pso fanatic since DC v1, now for about 7 months now , i havent played PSU due to the drop off of players and when ppl first started entering rooms and stealing items. psu was just a dissapointement at that point, so a few days ago i tried to give it another shot thinking, i love PSO i must have been stupid for quitting, im a lvl 49 ranger gunner and ive been logging on all weekend only to find like one universe with 3 stars all the time, its absolutely dead, i mean, why bother coming out with an expansion, theres no1 to enjoy, i guess what im really trying to say is if i had a group of friends to play with alot i would love it, but to jump back in and play by myself on dead servers, no thanks, plus from what i have seen lately the community is loaded with childish and stupid activity, no1 even tries to help you out if you ask something, pso pc and GC and those were much better, wtf happened

Mayu
Jul 22, 2007, 06:38 PM
what o.o

Retehi
Jul 22, 2007, 06:39 PM
Worst story ever.

Sasamichan
Jul 22, 2007, 06:46 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v134/zane19/anything%20else/walltext.jpg

Travis IV
Jul 22, 2007, 06:47 PM
^ thus proving my point, nobody cares about ne one else or bothers to elaborate on ne thing

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: prowler on 2007-07-22 16:47 ]</font>

Sasamichan
Jul 22, 2007, 06:49 PM
On 2007-07-22 16:47, prowler wrote:
^ thus proving my point, nobody cares about ne one else or bothers to elaborate on ne thing

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: prowler on 2007-07-22 16:47 ]</font>

No one cares cause they can't read what you posted.

StanleyPain
Jul 22, 2007, 06:51 PM
Sorry...I like to read English, not a bunch of "hip" texting garbage. I don't have to have to translate as I read. That's why I stopped about a sentence in.

Education is your friend.

mrlion
Jul 22, 2007, 06:54 PM
If it has 600-700 people on the server how is it "absolutely dead"? I can find Crimson Beast B 6-person parties with no problems and HSM C and B groups which max is 4 people on a party plus HIVE runs...its not "absolutely dead", you're just exaggerating.

Travis IV
Jul 22, 2007, 06:55 PM
wow, okay whatever, here it is guys, the psu community blows, what happened to all the good players, the nice people, the fun groups. the content is great, its a fun game, but this is what ive seen in the last 3 days, dead lobbies, childish players and no help, i wish i had a cool group of people willing to help me out to get back into the game, but its almost impossible to find it seems

Retehi
Jul 22, 2007, 06:55 PM
Plus people here are tired of the "PSO was better blah blah" junk.

Dj_SkyEpic
Jul 22, 2007, 06:56 PM
Maybe if you research more about popular hot spots, you'll be able to meet more people. At least advertise yourself to a community or something where you can be able to gather and meet friends.

Also there's meet-ups like for Xbox360 and PC/PS2 of PSU later this Saturday. You'll be able to meet with people there and get more friends to play with.

Mayu
Jul 22, 2007, 06:58 PM
I can even find a party when the star of the server is hmm

1?

You simply do what dj says

Find the hot spot <.<

biggabertha
Jul 22, 2007, 06:59 PM
It's true that there is a low population on the PS2/PC servers but it doesn't mean that there aren't kind hearted players whom will assist you if you ask nicely. What's wrong with asking more than a few times? I believe that as long as you aren't arrogant or rude and say please, you should be alright. THere's usually many players that will kindly assist you if you persevere.

xennec
Jul 22, 2007, 06:59 PM
Making posts about how this game blows and the community sucks won't help you make friends on it >.>

DikkyRay
Jul 22, 2007, 07:02 PM
call me crazy, this might belong in rants.

xennec
Jul 22, 2007, 07:02 PM
On 2007-07-22 16:59, biggabertha wrote:
It's true that there is a low population on the PS2/PC servers but it doesn't mean that there aren't kind hearted players whom will assist you if you ask nicely. What's wrong with asking more than a few times? I believe that as long as you aren't arrogant or rude and say please, you should be alright. THere's usually many players that will kindly assist you if you persevere.

Couldn't have said it better.

Travis IV
Jul 22, 2007, 07:03 PM
k guys, sorry if i came off sounding like a jerk but i really do love the game, i just wanna get back into it, this should probably be posted on the matchup forum but is anyone interested in playin tonight with me and helping catch up on the last 7 months of psu ?

Garnet_Moon
Jul 22, 2007, 07:12 PM
All the cool people enjoy something in a small group and could care less what the rest of the world; however small it may be, thinks.

Pic related.

http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/6780/1183405542638ly9.jpg

You're obviously not cool.

But then again, PSU isn't everyones type of game. BTW, this is coming from someone who bought City of Villains in full, paid for the first month, and then uninstalled and canceled within 10 minutes of playing online.

EDIT: Same with Battlefield 2142, only, without the online subscription fee. There ain't one.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2007-07-22 17:13 ]</font>

DreamLocke
Jul 22, 2007, 07:18 PM
On 2007-07-22 16:35, prowler wrote:
so me travis -8 in game, have been a pso fanatic since DC v1, now for about 7 months now , i havent played PSU due to the drop off of players and when ppl first started entering rooms and stealing items. psu was just a dissapointement at that point, so a few days ago i tried to give it another shot thinking, i love PSO i must have been stupid for quitting, im a lvl 49 ranger gunner and ive been logging on all weekend only to find like one universe with 3 stars all the time, its absolutely dead, i mean, why bother coming out with an expansion, theres no1 to enjoy, i guess what im really trying to say is if i had a group of friends to play with alot i would love it, but to jump back in and play by myself on dead servers, no thanks, plus from what i have seen lately the community is loaded with childish and stupid activity, no1 even tries to help you out if you ask something, pso pc and GC and those were much better, wtf happened

I hate to be a jackass, but do you guys realize this is a two sentence post? Wow.

Garnet_Moon
Jul 22, 2007, 07:20 PM
On 2007-07-22 17:18, DreamLocke wrote:

I hate to be a jackass, but do you guys realize this is a two sentence post? Wow.

There isn't any time for punctuation! This is the future!

...I think?

mrlion
Jul 22, 2007, 07:21 PM
I'm always on Parum me name's Xionel just let me know when ur on

Dragwind
Jul 22, 2007, 07:28 PM
Yeah, this is definitely a childish rant from a player who thinks he's too good for us or something. If you're leaving my PSU, i'm glad. Byyyye.

DreadKnight
Jul 22, 2007, 07:37 PM
Kind of on topic with what the op was posting about though...I recently returned to PSU also, and I'm just really sad there's only one universe with 3.5 stars I've seen at most. Don't get me wrong, I have no problem finding parties which surprises me a little, but I just wish this game would gain some more popularity.

I've tried to get all my friends into this game and they all are just kind of..."meh." It' sad. I don't know why this game doesn't attract more players.

Garnet_Moon
Jul 22, 2007, 07:45 PM
On 2007-07-22 17:37, DreadKnight wrote:
Kind of on topic with what the op was posting about though...I recently returned to PSU also, and I'm just really sad there's only one universe with 3.5 stars I've seen at most. Don't get me wrong, I have no problem finding parties which surprises me a little, but I just wish this game would gain some more popularity.

I've tried to get all my friends into this game and they all are just kind of..."meh." It' sad. I don't know why this game doesn't attract more players.

It's never going to gain popularity because of its horrible scripting; ridiculous amounts of slowdown on PS2, 360 and PS3; and the "Haha. your RAM sucks. Now you reload your weapons when I switch mine!" crap on a significant number of PC's.

The hacking won't even get mentioned. The game itself is unstable and that alone is keeping anyone from promoting it properly in the states. If they manage to fix those? Then we have the server hacks, crashes dupes, etc to contend with.

PSU will only go downhill. It may see a boost in population with the release of AoI, but they will quickly leave PSU and all its faults for the latest next gen titles at the time.

*shrugs* You'd best get into certain circles, or you'll find yourself without a party faster than you can say Rappy.

PALRAPPYS
Jul 22, 2007, 08:03 PM
For all you who apparently can't seem to read this post, I'm going to translate it for you. >.>

So I (travis -8 in game) have been a PSO fanatic since DC v1. For about 7 months now , I haven't played PSU due to the drop off of players and people started entering rooms and stealing items. PSU was simply a disappointement at that point, so a few days ago I gave it another shot thinking, "I love PSO! I must have been stupid for quitting!"

I'm a lvl 49 Ranger (Assuming he means Fortegunner), and I've been logging on all weekend only to find one universe with 3 stars all the time. It's absolutely dead. I mean, why bother coming out with an expansion? There's no-one to enjoy... I guess what I'm really trying to say is if I had a group of friends to play with alot I would love it. But to jump back in and play by myself on dead servers? No thanks!!! Plus, from what I have seen lately the community is loaded with childish and stupid activity. Nobody even tries to help you out if you ask something. PSO PC and GC were much better.

WTF happened?

*Translated*

Ffuzzy-Logik
Jul 22, 2007, 08:08 PM
The community size is not a problem.
The community quality is a bit of a problem.

Prima
Jul 22, 2007, 08:26 PM
Most of the above posts are from boring people that play this game all the time and lie to themselves and try to beleive this game is the best or w/e, while some of us are "refugees" from PSO. Personally I understand where your coming from, dont quit now give AotI a chance.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Prima on 2007-07-22 18:27 ]</font>

Ffuzzy-Logik
Jul 22, 2007, 08:27 PM
On 2007-07-22 18:26, Prima wrote:
Most of the above posts are from boring people that play this game all the time and lie to themselves and try to beleive this game is the best or w/e, while some of us are "refugees" from PSO.

Then go play PSO. BB is still up, as are "other" servers.

Prima
Jul 22, 2007, 08:33 PM
Heh your not looking at it from how I see it, your quick to not think post was expected. I have gotten bored of PSO but thought it was a great game, most people that play a game with a sequel that are bored of the past one move on to the better ver, however ST failed miserably and prevented me from being able to pursue that process, after hearing about ambition toguh, im gonna give PSU a chance. I still have hope for some dumb reason.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Prima on 2007-07-22 18:36 ]</font>

Aralia
Jul 22, 2007, 08:48 PM
On 2007-07-22 16:55, prowler wrote:
wow, okay whatever, here it is guys, the psu community blows, what happened to all the good players, the nice people, the fun groups. the content is great, its a fun game, but this is what ive seen in the last 3 days, dead lobbies, childish players and no help, i wish i had a cool group of people willing to help me out to get back into the game, but its almost impossible to find it seems

We started ignoring the whiners.
We're very elitist in that sense. =p

The community is a quite bit dwindled, yes... but, we're still a large group. Especially because people are coming back slowly but surely.

(though most of them were whiners who did nothing but complain prior to them leaving)

Reipard
Jul 22, 2007, 08:50 PM
He just kept talking in one long...
incredibly unbroken sentence
moving from topic to topic
such that noone had a chance to interrupt!
It was really quite hypnotic...

Dragwind
Jul 22, 2007, 09:06 PM
Ick... more whining? Sorry. I'm unable to read whine posts. My whine/resist unit is great. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Mayu
Jul 22, 2007, 09:14 PM
I'll trade you my whine/resist for Cry/resist??

and 99 mill x 8

BanF
Jul 22, 2007, 09:29 PM
Aren't forums like these created just for the whining?

Dragwind
Jul 22, 2007, 09:38 PM
What? That's ridiculous. It's supposed to be for intelligent discussion.

Notamassofwordsthatsannoyingtoreadlikethis.

BanF
Jul 22, 2007, 09:43 PM
bitilikebunchingupwordswithoutreallysayinganything ohandleetirealleylikeleetimsoh4xx0rzicouldcry

Gryffin
Jul 22, 2007, 09:45 PM
I like the community, small it may be, but everyone I play with is fun and awesome..

You just need friends.

Yunfa
Jul 22, 2007, 10:50 PM
Sounds like someone just want "free stuff." I smell failure! >:3

pikachief
Jul 22, 2007, 10:56 PM
On 2007-07-22 16:55, prowler wrote:

come to 360! we have 2 universes full all the time! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif at raffron field base there are like 3 pages of people there on uni 1 XD

also decent prices and no hax!! WOOT!!!!

come to 360 we got candy http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

CelestialBlade
Jul 22, 2007, 11:05 PM
I don't really care how large the community is, in any MMO I've played I've found that the percentage of cool people to lame people is still about the same. I've made quite a few friends within PSU and some of the people here on these forums, the most important thing is that you have to present yourself to people as an intelligent, non-whiny individual who just wants to make friends and have some fun. It's really not hard.