PDA

View Full Version : I would've thought things would've changed.

Logical2u
Jul 22, 2007, 08:02 PM
Eh.

Guess not.

I see some of the regulars are still around, with not much new going on but PSU.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

TalHex
Jul 22, 2007, 08:03 PM
dude i don't remember you dude

Tact
Jul 22, 2007, 08:04 PM
Hey, Logical! How have you been?

Logical2u
Jul 22, 2007, 08:06 PM
That's probably because I left for about 8 months, and I'm just dropping in to post this topic...?

Everything else on here has changed too much for my tastes, FKL is the only thing that still has a semblance of normalcy.

Edit: Hey Tact. It's been busy, I've been off lurking other forums, etc.

I really gave up on PSO a long time ago, so I edited my hosts file to block this site.

That, and IRC was becoming annoying, so I left that too.

I tried to hang out on Wikipedia for a while but that too drove me to insanity. So now I'm just surfing the net. It's summer, so got some more free time than usual.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Logical2u on 2007-07-22 18:08 ]</font>

AlexCraig
Jul 22, 2007, 08:07 PM
Wow. How many people has this been in the last two months that haven't been here for a while? Most, however, just post once or twice to announce their arrival, then leave again.

Logical2u
Jul 22, 2007, 08:09 PM
Basically that's what I'm going to do. I wanted to see whats up, check up on the old regulars (Navi, etc) but most of the people I started out with have long since vanished into the ether, which, personally, I would like to do too.

But you never know when I'll show up again. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Tact
Jul 22, 2007, 08:10 PM
Sord is still here regularly, but he's not here right now, obviously. He's probably partying for his birthday.

Logical2u
Jul 22, 2007, 08:14 PM
Probably.

I should go for 2000 posts, but I'm not motivated enough. I've been kind of disillusioned with the internet since Wikipedia turned out to be just like communism.

Secondly, why do so many of us come back if we're not playing PSO?

Tact
Jul 22, 2007, 08:15 PM
Boredom is my guess.

AlexCraig
Jul 22, 2007, 08:16 PM
I do... but then again, I am not one of the original FKLers.

Logical2u
Jul 22, 2007, 08:23 PM
I miss the good old days with Groupfics, etc.

Off I go. See you all again if I ever return.

TalHex
Jul 22, 2007, 08:25 PM
dude that was just odd dude... shortest comeback ever... dude...

astuarlen
Jul 22, 2007, 08:26 PM
On 2007-07-22 18:14, Logical2u wrote:
I've been kind of disillusioned with the internet since Wikipedia turned out to be just like communism.

This is a highly quotable quote.

Unfortunately for us (and probably fortunately for them), Navi, Sef, Skorp, Mari, etc have moved on to a better place called Not FKL. ;(

AlexCraig
Jul 22, 2007, 08:26 PM
I have seen shorter. People posting only once.

TalHex
Jul 22, 2007, 08:29 PM
dudes i just realized that i haven't killed a thread in awhile http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif dude...

Logical2u
Jul 22, 2007, 08:35 PM
Why thank you Ast.

And while I am saddened at the loss of the veterans, I never really knew how the older members, like me, like Sef, like Tact even, would survive as PSO expanded. I'm glad to see some of us have, but it's the loss of the experience and skill of these people that is sad.

Maybe one day some of these people will return, but I doubt it.

It is so easy, these days, to lose yourself on the internet.

I still proudly look back on my time at PSOW as a time of learning and experience for me. I learned everything I needed to know about the internet from here, and probably a bit too much.

I only hope I brought something unique here as well, as I cannot hope to add much more through lurking... which is all I can do right now.

The hosts file has been edited, so I hope you enjoy the rest of your stay.

Feel free to look me up, my email is still on this site, you've just gotta remove the plainly obvious spam blocker.

I can't contribute much more, and I never really did while I was active either, expect in the fics. Hopefully PSU is a good game. I know one of my friends likes it. PSO-W can't really die, not with the veterans supporting it, and the new people ready to fill in the ranks with any call to duty.

BlueDagger
Jul 22, 2007, 08:44 PM
"I have been defeated once, Alex Craig, but I will not give up yet!"