PDA

View Full Version : Inflammatory anti-Nintendo Wii videos!

Parn
Jul 22, 2007, 10:21 PM
Wii Fit Parody (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iYBmAVuBns)
I Hate This Wii (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrjQ7joYHi0)

I found them pretty funny! Still going to pick one up for Smash Bros Brawl though.

RoninJoku
Jul 23, 2007, 10:35 AM
lol the Wii Fit parody was gold... I liked the "step up onto the white thing game"

Yea... Wii-Fit is uber lame...

I couldn't watch the other one... That tune grinds my nerves too much! Maybe later...

Scrub
Jul 23, 2007, 02:17 PM
On 2007-07-22 20:21, Parn wrote:
Still going to pick one up for Smash Bros Brawl though.

Yeah I think that's 95% of the reason why anyone is getting/has gotten a Wii.

Me included.

EJ
Jul 23, 2007, 04:37 PM
I got for Metroid prime 3 also and for mario strikers charge ;3

DikkyRay
Jul 23, 2007, 04:37 PM
i love the wii since its nintendo lol

trypticon
Jul 23, 2007, 04:45 PM
Those videos weren't funny, but I completely agree with the Wii Fit take.

And I could care less about Smash Brothers. I played it once on the N64 and thought it sucked. I must admit I use it a lot more now for the news and weather than for anything else though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: trypticon on 2007-07-23 14:46 ]</font>

Retehi
Jul 23, 2007, 05:09 PM
Those videos were funny, thanks for sharing haha. Good stuff. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

zentetsua
Jul 23, 2007, 05:14 PM
wii got it for metroid prime 3, super smash bros: brawl, legend of zelda: twilight princess, and sonic & the secret of the rings.

i just watched both of'em and they were alright...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zentetsua on 2007-07-23 15:26 ]</font>

Aluria
Jul 23, 2007, 05:20 PM
I haven't baught my Wii yet but I plan too.
I want SSBB, MP3, My Sims, Dragon Warrior (The new one coming out.
and Pokemon Battle Revolution

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Aluria on 2007-07-23 15:20 ]</font>

ShadowDragon28
Jul 23, 2007, 06:23 PM
those videos where not funny and they where dumb IMO.

I'm going to get a Wii so I can play : MP3: Corruption, Dragon Quest:Swords, Tales of Symphonia 2: Knight of Latatosk, NIGHTS: Journey Into Dreams, Sonic:SotR, Resident Evil: UC.

I think Wii Fit is a very interesting concept, and a way to make EXCERSIZE a bit more FUN even for sedentary gamers that are 50-90 lb overweight, and need to loose some of that fat.

Skinny ppl with high motabilisms(sp?) have no idea how utterly boring it is to excersize or know what it's like to deal with extra body weight or to not want others to see you in a public setting excersizing or playing soccer etc just to have others stare at the "obese" person like their some side-show freak.
Sorry some people don't want to deal with that S**t.

Wii Fit can be VERY beneficial and fun to those that NEED it and KNOW they need some excerise but are too self consieous(sp?) to go to some health club,etc.

There's nothing "lame" about it to those who have need of "Wii Fit" and have an open mind. Cause some people can't afford a frakkin' health club membership fees, or some frakkin "Bow Flex" devices... -____-

But oh noes look out! It's time to bash the Wii just because it don't have a huge hard drive, and uber-hyper-stupendous "hardcore" games with "hardcore" graphix! Oh noez!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShadowDragon28 on 2007-07-23 16:28 ]</font>

McLaughlin
Jul 23, 2007, 06:30 PM
I'd take watching an obese person (it's not a goddam disease by the way) excersise and try to lose the weight over watching an obese person eat the damn bucket off the KFC sign.

Either way, I'm getting a Wii for a cornucopia of reasons, SSBB being only one of many.

Retehi
Jul 23, 2007, 06:42 PM
You guys take things way, way too seriously.

ShadowDragon28
Jul 23, 2007, 06:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgZKjJt-TkU

This is way funnier IMO. lol.

Feelmirath
Jul 23, 2007, 06:59 PM
I have to admit, I did lol at the Wii Fit one. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Right now, my Wii is waiting for Smash Bros. Brawl, Guitar Hero 3, Super Paper Mario (not out 'til SEPTEMBER here ._.), Crystal Chronicles and Tales of Symphonia 2.

That, and Paper Mario on VC is <3

Sayara
Jul 23, 2007, 07:05 PM
Did you know that DS Japan has a ton of non game play DS games that help stimulate health and other things?

Nintendo is doing a great job of being an "entertainment" for everyone and not just gamers and i find that cool.

Jaysky
Jul 23, 2007, 07:31 PM
On 2007-07-23 14:45, trypticon wrote:

And I could care less about Smash Brothers. I played it once on the N64 and thought it sucked. I must admit I use it a lot more now for the news and weather than for anything else though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: trypticon on 2007-07-23 14:46 ]</font>

So you've never played Super Smash Bros Melee?...

ShadowDragon28
Jul 23, 2007, 07:35 PM
SSBB looks to be the first Smash Bros' game I'm interested in playing, the inclusion of Meta-Knight and all the trailers really impressed me.

DurakkenX
Jul 23, 2007, 08:03 PM
when i first saw wii fit at e3 I was like what the hell, but the more they showed it working and such i think it's a cool idea, but still pretty laughable.

As far as "obese" working out in public...Well a lot of people are really horrible....kids especially and that's when most of this develops....you know...you're fat and you go try to exercise which leads to you being mocked, but then you don't work out and you still get made fun of...you are damned if you do and damned if you don't.

As far as the videos...they were crappy at best and most people who think they are in least either have no taste or are just fan boys of other systems.

Parn
Jul 23, 2007, 10:35 PM
On 2007-07-23 16:23, ShadowDragon28 wrote:
I think Wii Fit is a very interesting concept, and a way to make EXCERSIZE a bit more FUN even for sedentary gamers that are 50-90 lb overweight, and need to loose some of that fat.
In order to lose fat, you need to do cardiovascular workouts and burn off more calories than you consumed for the day. Doing a bunch of slow-paced calisthenics in front of a television screen will not accomplish this. Period. Wii Fit is the same marketing BS as all the other miracle solution machines that exercise companies have been pawning on people for decades. It just has Nintendo's name this time around, putting cash down on what amounts to a glorified scale that transmits numbers to the Wii instead of displaying them on the board itself.

But hey, obese folks can go buy the Wii Fit, tell themselves they tried working out while using it for a month, not get results because they're not really working out, then continue complaining about how life's unfair to them, even though they have full control over it.

Skinny ppl with high motabilisms(sp?) have no idea how utterly boring it is to excersize
I'm skinny because I exercise regularly and watch what I eat. I know exactly how boring exercising can be because I do it all the time. But you know what? Instead of making excuses, I keep doing it anyways. I also avoid eating junk food. I buy low-fat versions of everything, and drink water/milk/fruit juice instead of soda. My eating habits combined with the exercise is why I can take my shirt off and not feel embarassed. I put the effort in, and other people can continue being jealous over it. You reap what you sow.

or know what it's like to deal with extra body weight or to not want others to see you in a public setting excersizing or playing soccer etc just to have others stare at the "obese" person like their some side-show freak.
Sorry some people don't want to deal with that S**t.

Wii Fit can be VERY beneficial and fun to those that NEED it and KNOW they need some excerise but are too self consieous(sp?) to go to some health club,etc.

There's nothing "lame" about it to those who have need of "Wii Fit" and have an open mind. Cause some people can't afford a frakkin' health club membership fees, or some frakkin "Bow Flex" devices... -____-
And none of that stuff is needed to lose weight. You can lose weight for free. It's called running three miles every other day. If that's too difficult, people can walk it instead. You burn the same calories so long as you go the distance. If walking three miles is still too much, start with one and work your way up over time. If it's too boring, get a friend to walk with you instead of driving all over the place.

One can argue about the gaming prospects of the Wii, but Wii Fit is a complete waste of money. Your post struck a nerve mostly because I can't stand the cliche fat guy excuses. They're bull. People are inherently lazy, and genetics may play in some people's favor, but you can still avoid being overweight, and turn it around if you are overweight. A former co-worker of mine was 240 pounds and dropped down to 170 over the course of 8 months. He got there because he put the bullshit excuses aside and did what he needed to do. I have infinitely more respect for any individual who puts their best effort into accomplishing something than someone who makes one excuse after another so they can avoid doing something difficult.

NPCMook
Jul 23, 2007, 11:09 PM
Well Parn, I don't mean to be rude in any form or fashion... but I believe the point of Wii Fit is to make Exercise a somewhat fun activity, sure its most likely not the same exercise as running 3 miles a day, but perhaps people will just enjoy it more. DDR wasn't intended to really be an exercise game, but look what happened to it, some people end up stepping over the equivalent of 3 miles just off that game, yet people don't find it to be exercise, they just see it as a game thats fun.

Also lets not forget at E3, they only showed some of the activities Wii fit offers, there very well could be an activity of running in place.

VanHalen
Jul 23, 2007, 11:34 PM
That Wii Fit one was gold http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

The 2nd one was meh.

trypticon
Jul 23, 2007, 11:48 PM
On 2007-07-23 17:31, Jaysky wrote:

On 2007-07-23 14:45, trypticon wrote:

So you've never played Super Smash Bros Melee?...

No. I never played it because I lived through the Street Fighter 2/Mortal Kombat craze, and PVP fighting games don't interest me in the least anymore.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: trypticon on 2007-07-23 21:48 ]</font>

Orange_Coconut
Jul 24, 2007, 12:46 AM
I remember that phase, everyone wanted to know if I had Mortal Kombat since I had the SNES. I got the game, but I never really liked it. I never had the pleasure of owning Street Fighter 2. But I avoided fighter games since then, I thought SSB was going to be terrible... I ended up loving it compared to all the other fighters out there.

ShadowDragon28
Jul 24, 2007, 12:52 AM
A Wii gamers wieghtloss plan...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMVj2yL--GI

Another Wii gamers uses Wii for excercise:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-S-Vgwg2Kkk&mode=related&search=

And just for lawls:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmoPrHISMYY&mode=related&search=

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShadowDragon28 on 2007-07-23 22:59 ]</font>

Shiro_Ryuu
Jul 24, 2007, 08:05 AM
I share the same opinion as Vanhalen, I did lol at the Wii-fit one, and I did find the 2nd one to be pretty meh except for that "I knocked myelf out" part. But yeah, for losing weight, you can't beat martial arts classes. But yeah, I have a Wii and I think it's pretty cool, and I'm stoked about SSBB, I just hope Marth or Roy are in that game, but at least I'm sure Luigi will be in it.