PDA

View Full Version : ATP/ATT ATA/ACC?

ForteStollen
Jul 23, 2007, 08:43 AM
I was looking through the PSOW item database for some slot units... I notice that some of the units are marked differently than in the game, for example, Solid Power S is listed in the database as 'Boosting ATP and reducing ATA' - Yet it's actually written on the item in-game as boosting ATT (all attack power?) and reduces ACC (all accuracy?)...

Some people I've spoken to seem to be confused that in the game ATP = Melee attack power and ATA = Ranged attack power - But my understanding is that ATP is just general power and ATA is just general accuracy, regardless of weapon type used. Interested because I've spoken to quite a few people who think Solid power S is a melee unit and nerfs ranged abilities when used... So maybe this whole ATA/ACC ATP/ATT thing is a common misconception?

Why didn't SEGA just write ATP and ATA instead of using a different system (ACC/ATT) for weapons and units? Confusing http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

RegulusHikari
Jul 23, 2007, 08:53 AM
Taking off from what I heard from another topic concerning STA/End., ATP is the value taken from your character's actual attack power, while Att is the value taken from the weapon's attack power. Same goes with ATA/Acc.

That's my guess at least because it'd be a whole lot easier to calculate. Two variables can't have the same name in programming. So both character and weapon power couldn't be named ATP (theoretically they could but I don't feel like talking more >.>).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RegulusHikari on 2007-07-23 06:54 ]</font>

A2K
Jul 23, 2007, 09:12 AM
Why it's inconsistent, who knows. For all intents and purposes, ATP = Att. and ATA = Acc. Things get obfuscated more when you realize that certain armors and equipment sets increases stats further almost invisibly (as in, no indicators in your menus, only the actual damage output changes), and certain situations only consider the base statistic (SUV weapons, for one, I believe).

All melee and ranged weaponry use the attack power and attack accuracy statistics. Attack power determines how much damage you do, while accuracy determines whether you actually do damage or miss (a zero damage hit).

ForteStollen
Jul 23, 2007, 09:14 AM
Hmm, so for slot units I'm guessing they use ATT/ACC as the power/accuracy it adds/removes to your character (and the final value is shown in brackets)... I guess it makes sense, just like with most things in PSU, seems you have to work it out for yourself...

I feel sorry for new players.. You can't even tell them to read the manual for the basic questions (all three pages of it) >_>

RegulusHikari
Jul 23, 2007, 09:25 AM
Actually, it makes sense in content of the game. Think of this scenario: (the best way I can explain it is to write out the coding as I see it)

int totalATP = 500+300; (500 being the character's ATP, 300 being the weapon's)

or

int ATP = 500;
int Att = 300;
int totalATP = ATP+Att;

In the second instance the ATP and Att variables are separate, and can be used to do work individually. As A2K said, one reason it might be set up this way is because of Set modifiers.

int Att = 300;
if (weapon == 'Phantom' && armor == 'Phantom Line') {
int Att = Att*1.5;

Thus, the extra power from a set is added to the weapon Att ONLY, instead of a combined value from both the character and weapon ATP. Basically they are different for calculations and modifiers, and to prevent overpowering combos. For example, a set modifier boosting your total attack power rather than the weapon's attack power would make it a whole lot more powerful than intended.

ForteStollen
Jul 23, 2007, 09:40 AM
I see, so the bonus you get from say, Phantom line and Phantom will always be the same because it boosts the weapons ATT rather than your total ATP.... But will the bonus percentage be increased when using a grinded phantom, or is it a static value taken from the base rate of the weapon only (not taking grinds into account)?

Niloklives
Jul 23, 2007, 09:49 AM
I'm 99% sure the bonus is based on TOTAL ATP. also just to clarify: att and atp are the exact same thing. ata and acc are the exact same thing. so to simplify things, I'll only be using the terms the game gives us.

x.X is there anything you're still not clear on though?

RegulusHikari
Jul 23, 2007, 10:08 AM
Yea, my example wasn't actually how the game works and calculates, I was just trying to explain a scenario in which they would have to make two separate variables.

ForteStollen
Jul 23, 2007, 10:10 AM
Eh.. Well I was clear on what both terms meant all along, was just trying to clarify why SEGA used different terms on units and weapons (ATT/ACC) to characters (ATP/ATA) - But I got that now... And I have to disagree on the bonus being on the character's total ATP, that would make the bonus too big, and IMO, the difference has always been the same as I've leveled up, there isn't a huge increase/decrease when I swap to a different armour, however grinding the weapon a little seemed to make it more powerful... But without a base rate to go on, it's all speculation anyway as it's a hidden bonus, we have no idea what actual value it applies, but it's interesting to discuss nevertheless http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Golto
Jul 23, 2007, 10:15 AM
You are missing a simple explaination, bad translations. Maybe a JPN pc/ps2 player can enlighten us on whether or not they use the same exact lettering for atp and att?

It has also been observed that for ranged sets at least the bonus is only applied to the weapon's atp.

Niloklives
Jul 23, 2007, 10:20 AM
that's weird...and kinda pointless. I've only lightly tooled with the phantom set so I wasn't entirely sure, but just about every other mod in the game is based on total stats..why guns of all things whould they go out of their way to be different about...? x.X ah well..

Zero-mx
Jul 23, 2007, 10:34 AM
Good explanation Regulus, I was wondering about this too.