PDA

View Full Version : Story Mode Question

Haxx
Jul 23, 2007, 11:07 AM
So I bought Ethan Resta thinking I could heal up my partners when needed, but he is not able to learn it.

He's like level 14 and has the required MST, so what am I missing? I have not changed him from being a Hunter, but I didn't think that would matter.

KveerRaven
Jul 23, 2007, 11:10 AM
Thats exactly what it is. Change him to a Force. Then you'll be able to do it.

Jaspaller
Jul 23, 2007, 11:14 AM
There isn't any need to change to force if you're playing offline, since Hunter, ranger, and force are the only classes. Each of these classes can use techs, you just need a wand to use the resta

_Wolf_
Jul 23, 2007, 11:18 AM
On 2007-07-23 09:10, KveerRaven wrote:

in story mode hunters can use wands

to the OP you have to buy a wand, equip it then select the wand and choose link photon art, it should be an option. If it is not there check the third slot in your inventory if there is an item named resta press on it then hit learn on resta otherwise i dont know what is wrong.

Haxx
Jul 23, 2007, 11:23 AM
On 2007-07-23 09:18, EchoGC wrote:

On 2007-07-23 09:10, KveerRaven wrote:

in story mode hunters can use wands

to the OP you have to buy a wand, equip it then select the wand and choose link photon art, it should be an option. If it is not there check the third slot in your inventory if there is an item named resta press on it then hit learn on resta otherwise i don't know what is wrong.

I have the disk for Resta, but I can't learn it when I open my inventory and click on it. I have learned another Technique, Tornado Break, and attached it to my Sword.

Actually, that's another problem. I bought a Wand and I can't use it. I meet the requirements (MST and whatever else), and have equipped it, but when I select it from the palette it's greyed out and pressing X does nothing.

I'm playing on a 360 if that matters.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Haxx on 2007-07-23 09:24 ]</font>

Jaspaller
Jul 23, 2007, 11:27 AM
Wands can't be used like regular weapons. In order to use wands you have to link a photon art technic to it. Like EchoGC said, just link it like a photon art (kind of like tornado break)

Also, it sounds like you might be doing something wrong for the resta disk. You should be able to just pull it up from your inventory and hit learn when you click on it. If not, it would help to tell us what happens when you do click on it

Haxx
Jul 23, 2007, 11:56 AM
On 2007-07-23 09:27, Jaspaller wrote:
Wands can't be used like regular weapons. In order to use wands you have to link a photon art technic to it. Like EchoGC said, just link it like a photon art (kind of like tornado break)

Also, it sounds like you might be doing something wrong for the resta disk. You should be able to just pull it up from your inventory and hit learn when you click on it. If not, it would help to tell us what happens when you do click on it

The disk is greyed out and clicking on it does nothing (if my memory is correct, I'm posting from work).

Jaspaller
Jul 23, 2007, 12:00 PM
Hmm, well then it sounds like you might have already learned it then.

Prima
Jul 23, 2007, 12:44 PM
You have already learned it.
Look at your PA roster, and go over to TECHNICS, it should be there, now link it to a wand.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Prima on 2007-07-23 10:45 ]</font>

Aluria
Jul 23, 2007, 12:47 PM
another Story Mode question. (might as well post it here instead of opening a new topic)

If i hook up my PS2 and download any patches/updates will the contents be accessable in Extra Mode/Story Mode for like clothes and weapons?

Haxx
Jul 23, 2007, 01:51 PM
On 2007-07-23 10:44, Prima wrote:
You have already learned it.
Look at your PA roster, and go over to TECHNICS, it should be there, now link it to a wand.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Prima on 2007-07-23 10:45 ]</font>

I'll check that out when I get home, thanks!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Haxx on 2007-07-23 11:52 ]</font>

JAFO22000
Jul 23, 2007, 01:56 PM
On 2007-07-23 10:47, Aluria wrote:
another Story Mode question. (might as well post it here instead of opening a new topic)

If i hook up my PS2 and download any patches/updates will the contents be accessable in Extra Mode/Story Mode for like clothes and weapons?

No. Both Extra and Story modes have received NO content updates. All previous updates have been for the online content.

Aluria
Jul 23, 2007, 02:07 PM
thanks a ton for the reply. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Haxx
Jul 23, 2007, 04:21 PM
So all techniques have to be assigned to a Wand or other Force "weapon"?

That means that you have to change weapons to change spells? YuK!

JAFO22000
Jul 23, 2007, 04:26 PM
On 2007-07-23 14:21, Haxx wrote:

It's a temporary assignment....you can change them at any time. If you put Diga and Resta on a wand then decide you'd rather have Foie and Dambarta, then you just have to reassign the techs on the wand.

Haxx
Jul 23, 2007, 04:38 PM
On 2007-07-23 14:26, JAFO22000 wrote:

It's a temporary assignment....you can change them at any time. If you put Diga and Resta on a wand then decide you'd rather have Foie and Dambarta, then you just have to reassign the techs on the wand.

I understand that, but that effectively means you can have one, or at most two, techniques "equiped" at any given time. I'm used to having 5 of them ready to go at an instant's notice in PSO.

Sinue_v2
Jul 23, 2007, 04:50 PM

My sentiments exactly.

JAFO22000
Jul 23, 2007, 04:54 PM
On 2007-07-23 14:38, Haxx wrote:

I understand that, but that effectively means you can have one, or at most two, techniques "equiped" at any given time. I'm used to having 5 of them ready to go at an instant's notice in PSO.

Yes. If you want "5 of them ready to go at an instant's notice", then you will have to assign those five over 3 wands and put these three wands in your pallette. Or buy a rod, as you can assign 4 techs to it.

Haxx
Jul 23, 2007, 05:03 PM
On 2007-07-23 14:54, JAFO22000 wrote:

On 2007-07-23 14:38, Haxx wrote:

Yes. If you want "5 of them ready to go at an instant's notice", then you will have to assign those five over 3 wands and put these three wands in your pallette. Or buy a rod, as you can assign 4 techs to it.

Ok, I'm a real noob to PSU, so please be patient with me. And thanks for all the excellent info so far.

Can you assign 2 Techs to a Wand and 4 Techs to a Rod?

Can you wield multiple Wands in the same palette slot?

Is the Rod a two handed weapon?

Jaspaller
Jul 23, 2007, 05:07 PM
IMO, I find there's only a couple of spells you really need anyways. Resta being one of them. I use Megistar as well (Yes, I agree, it's a terrible spell that drains my HP and isn't really all that worth it) but it only takes up one slot which is a plus.

Unless you wanna go force, you shouldn't really need many other spells since you should be dishing out enough damage with striking or ranged weapons.

RegulusHikari
Jul 23, 2007, 05:07 PM
Yes
No
Yes
Bananas

In that order.

Silve
Jul 23, 2007, 05:14 PM
I can't wait for madoogs, being able to equip two spells to your off hand will totally make the game more awesome.

Haxx
Jul 24, 2007, 09:46 AM
Ok, "attaching" the PA to the Wand worked. Thanks!

A2K
Jul 24, 2007, 09:53 AM
The only two technics you'll need as Hunter-type Ethan are Resta and Megistar (whenever that becomes available to you). Maybe Giresta if you're feeling generous.

Haxx
Jul 24, 2007, 01:51 PM
I slapped Foie on it for the 2nd technique. I was glad to have it for the SEED things, they died fast.