PDA

View Full Version : DikkyRay's movie reviews!

DikkyRay
Jul 23, 2007, 12:42 PM
I understand that ALOT of these movies are a few years old....but OH FREAKIN WELL. i just saw em last week. Ill start with...

Jet Li's Fearless: 9/10
Awesome movie. Thats all that can describe how cool thise movie is. I like all of his movies, but this takes the cake for my favorite. First off, all action and fighting. Which is awesome. It also had little to none romantic crap! Sure his little run in with blindy could be considered romantic, but oh well.

Jet Li's Hero: 7/10
Not anywhere as good as fearless. Me and my cousin watched this, and i had to keep asking him questions all the time. It is confusing as hell. But, unlike fearless, the martial arts in this were....not anywhere close to being real (Fucking jumping on water?). Only thing that was better than alot of other movies is 0% romance between him. Although the crazy chick-broken sword-flying snow triangle is romance, im talking main character romance.

Daredevil: 8/10
Not my first superhero movie. All the parts i saw were very cool. I thought he was lame at first, chesy costume, lame power, but after pwning that guy in the subway, he was awesome.
Unfortunatly i fell alseep during the movie, so i cant judge the rest XD

Fantastic 4:10/10
Jessica Alba is hot.

GhostRider: 11/10
Amazing. This is by far my favorite super hero movie.
Nicholas Cage? Check.
Badass Superhero? Check
Sappy romance? Check. Unfortunatly.
Although it has romance, Ghostrider takes the cake for one of the coolest movies i have ever seen. Its just too badass. Plus he looks kickass. I want a flaming skull....
Plus the story is pretty interesting. What makes this an 11/10 is that there will be a sequel. I hope.

Blade: 10/10
Blade is easily a 10/10. It is such a kick ass movie. He fucking kills vampires! Cool! On top of that 0 romance! Not a single drop. And lots and lots of killing and blood and killing......

Kung fu Hustle: 7/10
Unfortunatly, this was disappointing. I mean, it was REALLY funny, decent story, but.....
The voice acting was kinda poor. Everytime a subtitle came up though, when there was writing, it would subtitle the entire movie. So i had to keep switching it off 10 times. That and the moves were a little.....wierd for me.

Fantastic 4: 9/10
The real review. Yes she is very very very very hot. But i think there is more to the movie nah. Allright, i was never a fantastic 4 fan until i saw this movie. Funny, fighting, hottie. Everything is perfect. Great story too.
Too damn short though. so no 10/10 for it!

PJ
Jul 23, 2007, 12:45 PM
Hijacking! PJ's movie reviews!

Spiderman 3: Awesome/10

Harry Potter 5: Awesome/10

Transformers: AWFUL/Who cares what it's out of, it's AWFUL

Almighty_Envy
Jul 23, 2007, 01:34 PM
Hoo r joo? ;o

PhotonDrop
Jul 23, 2007, 01:58 PM
On 2007-07-23 10:45, PJ wrote:

But at the same time PJ also wrote

What?

...PJ, you are forbidden to watch movies from now on. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Leviathan
Jul 23, 2007, 02:20 PM
Jessica Alba is NOT hot.

Why does man think that she is?

I may never know...

RicoRoyal
Jul 23, 2007, 02:33 PM
Ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha....

ahahahahahahahaha....

aaaaaaaaaaahaaahahahahaaaaaaaha!

Thank you Ray. Thank you PJ. Funniest shit I've read in a while.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jul 23, 2007, 04:13 PM
Last movie I fell asleep during was the Final Fantasy Spirits Within that had a production cost as much as Shenmue but was at least thrice the boring!

So I don't see how you give a movie that made you fall asleep literally, an 8.

A co-worker said Elektra was a good movie, my boss laughed at her.

On 2007-07-23 11:34, Almighty_Envy wrote:
Hoo r joo? ;o

PEEJ?
I read his movie reviews in the thread for those movies which were about the opposite of everyone else. Is he on something or onto something?

Oh and Groundhog Day gets a (Ned Ryerson?!:10) x3 (was it, or 4?)

Sayara
Jul 23, 2007, 04:18 PM
Ok of the ones mentioned that I have seen:

Ghostrider 6/10<- Rather unfitted, and had plenty of hand palm frustrations in it, not as bad as Spiderman though..
Spiderman 3 4/10 <- Long. Loooonggg and boring. Venom induced dancing Spiderman though is the only reason it got a 4...
Transformer 6/10<- Also obnoxiously long. But i guess Shia la Bouf didn't do a half ass job as a complete loser.

It lacked the transformer noise though, so i 2nd decide to drop the rate to 5.

then Even Almighty is a 5/10 because it was corny but at least alittle amusing.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jul 23, 2007, 04:22 PM
On 2007-07-23 14:18, Sayara wrote:
Ok of the ones mentioned that I have seen:

Ghostrider 6/10<- Rather unfitted, and had plenty of hand palm frustrations in it, not as bad as Spiderman though..

Hand palm or face palm?

DikkyRay
Jul 23, 2007, 04:22 PM
we were watching Daredevil at 3 in the morning lol. thats why i fell asleep

Sayara
Jul 23, 2007, 04:51 PM
Facepalm sorry.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jul 23, 2007, 04:52 PM
Ghostrider + Jet Li would be Hand Palm flaming skull motorcycle though! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

Bot-Bot
Jul 23, 2007, 05:25 PM
On 2007-07-23 10:45, PJ wrote:
Hijacking! PJ's movie reviews!

Harry Potter 5: Awesome/10

Yeah, I hate you.

Or at least you when you are a movie critic.

PhotonDrop
Jul 23, 2007, 05:37 PM
On 2007-07-23 14:18, Sayara wrote:
It lacked the transformer noise though, so i 2nd decide to drop the rate to 5.

They used it many times. In fact Blackout made the sound just before destroying that military base. I can't list all the times it was used but it was quite a lot.

Sayara
Jul 23, 2007, 05:43 PM
then i didn't hear it.

So it still fails!

PhotonDrop
Jul 23, 2007, 05:46 PM
On 2007-07-23 15:43, Sayara wrote:
then i didn't hear it.

So it still fails!

Not the movie's fault you're deef ;o

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jul 23, 2007, 05:47 PM
On 2007-07-23 15:43, Sayara wrote:
then i didn't hear it.

So it still fails!

Everybody wins! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

astuarlen
Jul 23, 2007, 06:25 PM
Haven't seen any of the movies in this thread, probably because I stay away from disasters. *charming and disarming little winking face that says, "I kid, I kid"*
Could also be that I don't go to the theater.

Movies I've seen recently, courtesy of the Metropolitan Library System:

Pan's Labyrinth - A must see piece of cinematic deliciousness. My only complaint is the over-evilness of the main antagonist--not a single redeeming trait or, indeed, moment of humanity.

Mirrormask - Interesting surrealist visuals but a regrettably flimsy story, which quite surprised me since Neil Gaiman worked on it. Not really recommended. Some of the settings would have made awesome paintings though.

Little Children - Don't bother. Slow-moving story, unsympathetic characters, and just generally a real downer of a film.

Music and Lyrics - Watch the opening credits for gloriously--no, dangerously--cheesy awesomeness. Skip the rest. Does it bother anyone else that in most movies, books, etc in which characters are supposed to have created great works of literature, songwriting, art, etc, the works are almost always stunningly mediocre, even bad? Did I mention the plot was ludicrous?

The Queen - Quite enjoyable despite being a Tony Blair lovefest. Yeah, he was pretty much portrayed as the most sympathetic, honest, perceptive, and all-around awesome dude to ever grace the British Isles. Still, highly recommended, unless you don't watch movies that don't include blood, boobs, or booms.

The Fountain - Another must-see. The visuals! The visuals! Awesome art direction and cinematography in this baby. I do wish they'd not included the silly part with the protagonist floating around in a bubble towards the end... I'm afraid it was a touch cheapening but the rest was fantastic.

DikkyRay
Jul 23, 2007, 06:30 PM
Oh i forgot!
I now pronounce you chuck and larry: 10/freakin 10
First off, it has two FANTASTIC comedy actors, Sandler and Kevin james. That should be enough to tell you that it is a funny movie.
Not only did it make me laugh, hard, but it made me look at gays a totally different way. Surprisingly lol.
Oh, and Nick Swartz is in it, and he rules

Sayara
Jul 23, 2007, 06:44 PM
Is this the first Sandler movie where he's Not retarded?

DikkyRay
Jul 23, 2007, 06:52 PM
No, there was the one where his family was killed in 9/11, so he went into like, shock and went crazy,
but this is his first comedy movie where he isnt retarded in some way
(billy madison, happy gilmore...)

Shadowpawn
Jul 23, 2007, 07:56 PM
On 2007-07-23 16:52, DikkyRay wrote:
No, there was the one where his family was killed in 9/11, so he went into like, shock and went crazy,
but this is his first comedy movie where he isnt retarded in some way
(billy madison, happy gilmore...)

What the name of the 9/11 one?

DikkyRay
Jul 23, 2007, 07:58 PM
dont remember lol
all i know is i wanted to see it, but it was rated R.
i hate the people who give movie ratings

Shadowpawn
Jul 23, 2007, 08:02 PM
Oh, it's Reign Over Me. My friend saw that...it sucks (according to her...).

EDIT: >_>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadowpawn on 2007-07-23 18:03 ]</font>

Tact
Jul 23, 2007, 08:40 PM
I just saw Ratatouille. It was cute.

Bot-Bot
Jul 23, 2007, 10:30 PM
On 2007-07-23 16:44, Sayara wrote:
Is this the first Sandler movie where he's Not retarded?

As said Reign over Me, and also Spanglish.

Haven't seen either though.

RicoRoyal
Jul 23, 2007, 10:43 PM
On 2007-07-23 16:25, astuarlen wrote:
My only complaint is the over-evilness of the main antagonist--not a single redeeming trait or, indeed, moment of humanity.

I didn't really find that to be a negative. If anything, I thought that Vidal's machine/timewatch-like manner of being helped accentuated the humanity of those around him. Also, I thought he showed some bit of humanity when he carries his baby back to the village after taking it from Ofelia (granted he had just finished committing a very inhuman act a few minutes earlier). I found that Vidal's implied F'd up relationship with his father also helps to justify that over-evilness of his.

EDIT: Also, maybe I'm just spoiled, but living near LA rules so very very much. All of the movies you listed, Astuarlen, I've either watched or at least had a very real chance of watching in theaters no more than a 45 minutes drive away (at worst). Why people in California and New York still insists on flocking to see Craptastic 4s or Bore Rider is beyond me.

I got nothing against comic book movies, or action movies, or comedies, so long as they are actually good comic book adaptations, entertaining action movies, or gut-busting comedies, respectively.

I've seen most of the movies listed in this thread, and I'd rather not get into much of a discussion over any one of them (granted I disagree quite a bit with what many of you have said), but I just HAVE to make a quick little remark about one movie mentioned.

Dare Devil? Seriously? An 8? Are you fucking Serious? The one and only time I saw it in 2003 a month or so after release is enough to last me a million years of terrible recollections. Even to this day, after watching plenty of other pieces of shit, nothing has yet to take the place of Dare Devil on my list of movies that should have never been made.

Also, I'd personally give Kung fu Hustle an 8/10, but keep in mind that my scale isn't a reverse Richter scale like yours, Ray.

Reading your, I hope, joke reviews reminds me of a line from the Simpsons. "Nine thumbs up? What the hell is that?"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RicoRoyal on 2007-07-23 21:01 ]</font>

PJ
Jul 24, 2007, 10:05 AM
On 2007-07-23 15:25, Bot-Bot wrote:

Yeah, I hate you.

Or at least you when you are a movie critic.

All my friends say the same thing, they won't ever bring me to movies http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

I actually really didn't enjoy Transformers XD

EDIT: I could have added Fantastic Four to my reviews, but that wouldn't have gotten the, "Reverse of everything else treatment," and would have said it was more AWFUL.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PJ on 2007-07-24 08:07 ]</font>

Sayara
Jul 24, 2007, 10:10 AM
I'd probably enjoy Transformer without my transformer geeky friends with me. XD

DizzyDi
Jul 24, 2007, 10:21 AM
Both of the Fantastic 4 movies sucked ass, and Jessica Alba is nothing but eye candy, she can't act at all.

DikkyRay
Jul 24, 2007, 10:27 AM
Well Rico, i happen to like those movies. Dont Preach to me what i can like/dislike

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DikkyRay on 2007-07-24 08:39 ]</font>

Sayara
Jul 24, 2007, 10:30 AM
He wont prech you
but he will preach you. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

DikkyRay
Jul 24, 2007, 10:40 AM
Fixed whatever.
Still dont be a douche and tell me what i can like and not like in a movie

astuarlen
Jul 24, 2007, 12:20 PM
Behold, the tyranny of the tasteless!

RicoRoyal
Jul 24, 2007, 09:32 PM
On 2007-07-24 08:40, DikkyRay wrote:
Fixed whatever.
Still dont be a douche and tell me what i can like and not like in a movie

Perhaps you and I are reading something entirely different, but nowhere in my post do I see myself telling you what to like or not like in a movie. I stated my opinion of your opinion as well as my opinion of a few movies. Big whoop. I questioned your opinions, yes, but I don't recall me telling you what to like/dislike or think. I could care less whether you continue to like what I consider crap or not.

You're entitled to think whatever you like, but let's be perfectly clear on something; the moment you parade your opinion around in a public forum, don't be surprised when people react to said opinion. It's like walking into a crowded library and blurting something out without expecting anyone to look or to be annoyed.

In any case, just as you, PJ and so many others can (although you perhaps shouldn't) express you opinions, I see it as only fair game that I too do the same.

Now then, where was I? Ah yes, DareDevil blows harder than Category 5 hurricane.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jul 24, 2007, 09:35 PM
I like taquitos.

astuarlen
Jul 24, 2007, 09:36 PM
On 2007-07-24 19:35, HAYABUSA-FMW- wrote:
I like taquitos.

Sequel left a bad taste in my mouth, though.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jul 24, 2007, 09:37 PM
Number 3 this Summer is a cash in, to the max!

RicoRoyal
Jul 24, 2007, 09:55 PM
I"m waiting for the remake of the original. I hear this time there will be more lettuce and hot sauce.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jul 24, 2007, 09:57 PM
I hear the director is a newjack who has yet to dabble in the condiments of this particular variety of chef-titude!

I mean really? Chef Boyardee?!

This is not credible!

Weeaboolits
Jul 24, 2007, 10:02 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f5/Wrongfully_Accused.jpg

Awesome.

RicoRoyal
Jul 24, 2007, 10:13 PM
On 2007-07-24 20:02, Ronin_Cooper wrote:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f5/Wrongfully_Accused.jpg

Awesome.

"Lt. Fergus Falls: Shoot and gut every animal in the park. Their stomachs might contain something that could be a clue. Donate the meat to charity. The hides can be turned into warm socks for the poor. Grind up the bones for dog food. I want nothing wasted." (courtesy IMDB)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/ricoroyal/rofl.gif

I thought the movie was miles away from being perfect but damn it if it didn't make me burst out laughing a bunch of times in the movie theater.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RicoRoyal on 2007-07-24 20:14 ]</font>