PDA

View Full Version : I'd like some kind of Shop Feedback option....

Tita
Jul 23, 2007, 02:55 PM
we're all pretty aware of the ridiculous prices some players put on items sold by NPCs, but wouldn't it be nice to be able to leave a little post-it-note on their shop counter (or forehead afjsdfaj), letting them know that you're no ninny?

like a guestbook that buyers can look at if they wish.

mm, i'm also well aware that it may invite a lot of asstards who just can't help but spam up your shop, so 1 note per day of visit might put a stop to that.

cyral ............ 50000

note: NPC shop cyral = 2500

im guessing it wont detour people who post insane prices on NPC shop items on purpose for the occassional mistake buyer, but who knows... it might help in the long run to detour insane price gouging in general....

it might even serve useful for other shop owners, too. like leaving a note letting buyers know they have something for less.

what do you think?

SuperChoco
Jul 23, 2007, 02:57 PM
It's a good idea, but this isn't the first I've heard of an idea like this in these boards

Esufer
Jul 23, 2007, 02:58 PM
It's a really good idea, but basically, people will walk into other people's shop and go

"YOU CAN BUY IT IN MINE FOR CHEAPER"

Inazuma
Jul 23, 2007, 03:01 PM
it shouldnt be possible to price items over npc in the first place.
except for stuff thats grinded or has elemental %s.

Kion
Jul 23, 2007, 03:35 PM
i would like that too. It would also be nice to know what people are searching for when they enter your shop, that way you also have feed back on if your prices are too high or not.
Also I'd ike to be able to decorate the shop and change the bgm.

Jaspaller
Jul 23, 2007, 03:38 PM
Some people would abuse it and some would actually properly use it. I think some sort of a rating system would be good based on stars. Also, changing BGM's like kion stated would be nice. Like some sort of jukebox you can buy in the shops and put in your shop. *Plays burning rangers theme*

EspioKaos
Jul 23, 2007, 03:46 PM
Actually, funny you guys mention a jukebox for your room. Ambition of the Illuminus will offer just that. The beta had a little blurb on it, but the feature had not been implemented yet. If I recall correctly, it stated that you could change the BGM of your room with special discs. (I need to add this to my FAQ thread...)

Aluria
Jul 23, 2007, 03:47 PM
I don't know about a guest book but I think something like a Positive/Negative feedback option shouldn't be tough to code. Similar to eBay people can rate you once per account (To prevent alts from going in and banging other stores and raising their own) Where in you can change your oppinion over time depending on the contents/price (stores i assume change their prices and contents)

ZodiacNKnight
Jul 23, 2007, 04:03 PM
I could see this being abused...

Inazuma
Jul 23, 2007, 05:32 PM
On 2007-07-23 13:46, EspioKaos wrote:
Actually, funny you guys mention a jukebox for your room. Ambition of the Illuminus will offer just that. The beta had a little blurb on it, but the feature had not been implemented yet. If I recall correctly, it stated that you could change the BGM of your room with special discs. (I need to add this to my FAQ thread...)

omg, ive always wanted a jukebox for my room! good job sonic team!

Mystil
Jul 23, 2007, 07:50 PM
On 2007-07-23 13:01, Inazuma wrote:
it shouldnt be possible to price items over npc in the first place.
except for stuff thats grinded or has elemental %s.

People even complain over grinded/high percent.

APEXi
Jul 23, 2007, 07:57 PM
could also have shopper reviews for the shop. sure you're gonna have a lot of BS, but it would be nice. then again, theres that broken 'recommended shops' crap that could use a fix.

Anduril
Jul 23, 2007, 07:58 PM
I think this is a great idea. I would also like something like a log of who bought what. There have been some people who buy tons of stuff from my shop, but I never know who since during that time 2 or 3 people come in, but only one of them bought anything (I sell in bulk), and I would like to give them something extra for spending so much at my shop. As of now player shops seem to impersonal.

APEXi
Jul 23, 2007, 08:00 PM
and all player shops look the same...

EspioKaos
Jul 23, 2007, 10:21 PM
On 2007-07-23 18:00, APEXi wrote:
and all player shops look the same...

Ambition of the Illuminus will address this, as redecoration tickets will now carry over to the shop portion of your room. One screen released shows the shop with a hardwood floor and red accents as well as a Pannon plush sitting on the counter.

Mman2000
Jul 23, 2007, 10:29 PM
Here's what needs to happen to shops.

1. Shops need to be entirely seperate from storage. If it's not for sale, it shouldn't show up when someone looks for it on item search.

2. It should be IMPOSSIBLE to price an item for more than the NPC does. The ONLY exception should be for weapons or armor with elements and grinders. When someone charges 1k for a mot wood, that's fucking rediculous.

3. Item searches SHOULD NOT turn up rooms that are locked with a password. It's extremely annoying to search for that synth item only to find half the results want a password.

Kion
Jul 23, 2007, 11:30 PM
I agree with the lock. There should at least be an icon next to shops that are locked. I'm sick of searching through twenty shops because no one can set a decent price and constantly getting please enter password messages.

I think you should be able to sell itmes for as much as you want. It's the shopper's responcibilty for knowing the NPC price, annoying as it is; it's your own fault if you get ripped off. Players should be more respectful and actually set prices that are fair, or learn to wrap up excess items. If you're going to use the ploy of putting more items to attract customers, I at least set items as the NPC price and not at maxed out.

Tigerram
Jul 23, 2007, 11:36 PM
On 2007-07-23 20:29, Mman2000 wrote:
Here's what needs to happen to shops.

1. Shops need to be entirely seperate from storage. If it's not for sale, it shouldn't show up when someone looks for it on item search.

2. It should be IMPOSSIBLE to price an item for more than the NPC does. The ONLY exception should be for weapons or armor with elements and grinders. When someone charges 1k for a mot wood, that's fucking rediculous.

3. Item searches SHOULD NOT turn up rooms that are locked with a password. It's extremely annoying to search for that synth item only to find half the results want a password.

Amen.

I'd also suggest not only viewing who has visited your room, but like the auction house in FF XI, where you can see what people ACTUALLY bought, or something to that degree.

I don't mean to be too picky but for example, if I'm looking for Scape Dolls for example, I want to look for the already found or ready to buy dolls, not the boards. If I wanted boards, then we should interpret {B} Scape Doll or just simply Scape Doll Board on the item search. Same goes with anything else.

Just a couple of things I can think of that might be suitable.

TheLOLBandit
Jul 23, 2007, 11:40 PM
its a great idea but i feel that it wouldnt do much, people are asshats and dont care they just want money not your feedback

Tita
Jul 24, 2007, 12:43 PM
i checked the psu site's boards and didnt see a post on this kind of a request (unless of course, i totally missed it).

hopefully someone has or will, so ST can, at the very least, consider it for AOI.