PDA

View Full Version : Desert Terror S2

Pharaoh007
Jul 23, 2007, 03:22 PM
I'm spamming for it. It needs more people there's barely anyone there. It pays better than sea bed S2 (24k) and has way better drops. (If your wondering how long it takes depending on the party 15-20 minutes)(Must be level 75+)

Jakosifer
Jul 23, 2007, 03:27 PM
<_< That mission got nerf'd bad. Theres barely any people OR enemies there now. :/

panzer_unit
Jul 23, 2007, 03:30 PM
It's a lot faster for the same cash/frag/mp rewards, and a chance of S-ranks as opposed to other S2's I can name.

TheLOLBandit
Jul 23, 2007, 03:35 PM
On 2007-07-23 13:27, Jakomay_07 wrote:
<_< That mission got nerf'd bad. Theres barely any people OR enemies there now. :/

i lol'd
but still im also spamming this mission with some buddies because i want that desta board,and im flat broke

JAFO22000
Jul 23, 2007, 03:36 PM

Were there EVER any people there? ST "Nerf'd" it to appease the people who said there was too much and the mission took too long, and now there is not as much and the mission doesn't take as long....yet people STILL aren't there?

I mean, the amount of breakable trees/rocks which were added seems like a plea from the designers...."Please play Moatoob! See? There's a crapload of MetaCarbon/Resin/Polymers and Mot Ebon now! No good still? How about the possible S rank drops?.....No? We've shortened the missions! You no longer have to backtrack in DT S2 and won't encounter that 3 Bil De Ver + 7 Bul Buna spawn any more....No? What do we have to do to get you into Moatoob today??"

Lamak
Jul 23, 2007, 03:36 PM
They nerfed it horribly. Kind of funny. XD

panzer_unit
Jul 23, 2007, 03:39 PM
On 2007-07-23 13:36, JAFO22000 wrote:
"Please play Moatoob! See? There's a crapload of MetaCarbon/Resin/Polymers and Mot Ebon now! No good still? How about the possible S rank drops?.....No? We've shortened the missions! You no longer have to backtrack in DT S2 and won't encounter that 3 Bil De Ver + 7 Bul Buna spawn any more....No? What do we have to do to get you into Moatoob today??"

3 words:
gib Gur Bazga

Lamak
Jul 23, 2007, 03:40 PM
I want a challenge. 4 words
gib it to me

Pharaoh007
Jul 23, 2007, 03:40 PM
The first time I went trough a bil de axe board drop.
A lot of Mot ebon and Mot Walna drops, An those swarms of parasite ground monsters have been cut down to a swarm of 2, not so much a swarm anymore.

amtalx
Jul 23, 2007, 03:46 PM
I'm there almost every day for at least a couple hours. Got my Shigga Desta...you're up next Gur Bazga.

Jife_Jifremok
Jul 23, 2007, 03:47 PM
Make the rares drop often enough, and people will go there.

panzer_unit
Jul 23, 2007, 03:47 PM
I really miss the old mission... CRUSH U WITH AN ARMY OF FIRE BREATHING CROCODILES IN EVERY BLOCK! SRSLY WHERE DID WE EVEN FIND SPACE FOR ALL THESE DURA GOHRA?! FREE ZOOKS FOR EVERYONE BUT PANZER! LOLOLOLOL

They could have added rocks and trees to that.

Shiryuu
Jul 23, 2007, 03:53 PM
They should just split the missions.
For example:
S-S2+ - Nerfed missions
X-X2+ - Old missions or harder versions

Jakosifer
Jul 23, 2007, 03:56 PM

Were there EVER any people there? ST "Nerf'd" it to appease the people who said there was too much and the mission took too long, and now there is not as much and the mission doesn't take as long....yet people STILL aren't there?

I mean, the amount of breakable trees/rocks which were added seems like a plea from the designers...."Please play Moatoob! See? There's a crapload of MetaCarbon/Resin/Polymers and Mot Ebon now! No good still? How about the possible S rank drops?.....No? We've shortened the missions! You no longer have to backtrack in DT S2 and won't encounter that 3 Bil De Ver + 7 Bul Buna spawn any more....No? What do we have to do to get you into Moatoob today??"

Actually, when it first came out, there were QUITE a few people there. But with lvl cap raised and Plains Overlord S2 and Sleeping Warriors S2...They all went back to Parum.

Oh btw...I hope they never nerf HIVES...Ever. I'm sure weaksauce hunters will cry about the S2 of the mission being "too hard"...But um..Since when was the current highest difficulty level in the game supposed to be EASY? In my opinion, ST listens to the wrong people too much and never listens to the right ones. The game is easy enough as it is, don't make it any easier, ST.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jakomay_07 on 2007-07-23 13:59 ]</font>

Dj_SkyEpic
Jul 23, 2007, 03:57 PM
On 2007-07-23 13:53, Shiryuu wrote:
They should just split the missions.
For example:
S-S2+ - Nerfed missions
X-X2+ - Old missions or harder versions

They did something similar to Onmagoug. C-A rank was the old layout while S was the route with more Tenghogs.

jayster
Jul 23, 2007, 03:57 PM
Anyone want to run dessert terror S2 with me in about a hour? 360.

-dis-
Jul 23, 2007, 04:01 PM
On 2007-07-23 13:47, Jife_Jifremok wrote:
Make the rares drop often enough, and people will go there.

Make Dimmalogus a lot less tedious, too, while they''re at it. Let him keep his attack strength, but ffs, it is a boring battle.

Pharaoh007
Jul 23, 2007, 04:01 PM
I'll run it in about an hour.

JAFO22000
Jul 23, 2007, 04:02 PM
On 2007-07-23 13:56, Jakomay_07 wrote:
Actually, when it first came out, there were QUITE a few people there. But with lvl cap raised and Plains Overlord S2 and Sleeping Warriors S2...They all went back to Parum.

You can say that of pretty much ANY new level. "When X first came out, there were QUITE a few people there. But upon the release of Y and Z, they all left and went there."

I remember when Mizuraki CD was the place to be!

*BTW, if you haven't run them since the "Adjustment", Moonlight Beast and Demons Above are quite easy now as well. WAY less "large" enemies on MB (Tengohgs and Kamatozes) and less Tengohgs on DA.

RegulusHikari
Jul 23, 2007, 04:16 PM
Nerf FTW. It's so much easier for me to solo it now. And yet I've got nothing to show for it. XD

It's still a pretty good mission, VERY solo friendly. It used to take me 40 minutes to do B1 as a Figun, I can now do the whole thing as a GT in a little over an hour. (Frozen Fury and Burn Gs FTW)

Sexy_Raine
Jul 23, 2007, 04:17 PM
On 2007-07-23 13:39, panzer_unit wrote:

"Please play Moatoob! See? There's a crapload of MetaCarbon/Resin/Polymers and Mot Ebon now! No good still? How about the possible S rank drops?.....No? We've shortened the missions! You no longer have to backtrack in DT S2 and won't encounter that 3 Bil De Ver + 7 Bul Buna spawn any more....No? What do we have to do to get you into Moatoob today??"

3 words:
gib Gur Bazga

Agreed, my Nova deserves something better than a Chicken gun. X_X

Pharaoh007
Jul 23, 2007, 04:22 PM
I'm in it for the pay off, I don't care if they nerf'd it down

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pharaoh007 on 2007-07-23 14:23 ]</font>

Shiro_Ryuu
Jul 23, 2007, 04:23 PM
Well, I'm only not doing Moatoob because Parum and Neudaiz have stuff that I'm more interested in. Well, Axes and Fists don't sound so bad, nor does Orpad Legs, but come on, I'll never even get an S rank armor to use that thing, and Twin Sabers, Big Swords, and arm units are more appealing to me.

drizzle
Jul 23, 2007, 04:27 PM
After playing through it a few times... I really like the changes. Amazing amounts of useful synth mats drop there now http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Jife_Jifremok
Jul 23, 2007, 04:42 PM
I just thought of something. We need a mission on Moatoob that takes place in an area that's filled with Drua Gohra and that's all you fight.

Shiryuu
Jul 23, 2007, 06:35 PM
On 2007-07-23 14:42, Jife_Jifremok wrote:
I just thought of something. We need a mission on Moatoob that takes place in an area that's filled with Drua Gohra and that's all you fight.

And they take half damage to everything and can't be SE'd except for freeze. Its drops should be raised by 175% as well. Also, instead of foie, they spit megid.

Siertes
Jul 23, 2007, 06:47 PM
On 2007-07-23 16:35, Shiryuu wrote:

And they take half damage to everything and can't be SE'd except for freeze. Its drops should be raised by 175% as well. Also, instead of foie, they spit megid.

Yeah, and instead of clearing the mission, you fail every time for no reason and get no reward. That'll give the challenge seekers something to do http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

Sekani
Jul 23, 2007, 07:12 PM
It takes longer to drop Dimmagolus now than it does to get through the entire rest of the mission. And it's not too hard to S-rank for dollars.

Shiryuu
Jul 23, 2007, 07:15 PM
On 2007-07-23 16:47, Siertes wrote:

On 2007-07-23 16:35, Shiryuu wrote:

Yeah, and instead of clearing the mission, you fail every time for no reason and get no reward. That'll give the challenge seekers something to do http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

Then on PC / PS2, you lose 1000 meseta per second a Drua Gora is alive, and you can only start if you have 1mil meseta minimum with you. Also, anyone with "Sie" in their name gets their whole inventory, PM, and shared storage box reset.

MrNomad
Jul 23, 2007, 11:49 PM

Tunnel Recapture does a pretty good job of packing you with Druas. Just pure game for my ice axe http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

pikachief
Jul 23, 2007, 11:59 PM

they need to keep the big spawns! no one does it now cuz hardly any enemies for good EXP or S ranks anymore! there was a big group of people there all the time at least on 360! like at least 8 parties, now theres absolutly no one there!

Sexy_Raine
Jul 24, 2007, 03:57 AM
On 2007-07-23 21:49, MrNomad wrote:

Tunnel Recapture does a pretty good job of packing you with Druas. Just pure game for my ice axe http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

It's too bad they don't drop the Gur Barza there.

bloodflowers
Jul 24, 2007, 05:55 AM
I've been doing it a lot still. The biggest single nerf is the tiny number of Bul Buna. I guess Bul Buna statues will go up in value soon? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif There are still maps with severl Bil De Veers, maps with many giant lizards and so on, but you have to shop around to avoid the "nothing but Navals and 2x Vanda" maps.