PDA

View Full Version : PSU JP Update for 07.26.07

EspioKaos
Jul 24, 2007, 08:57 AM
Official JP PSU site (http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/news/wis/?mode=view&id=392)

Here's what the Japanese PC/PS2 servers will see at the end of this week!

Famitsu Cup "Gurhal Cross Review" Event Rewards
The following rewards will be awarded to everyone, and will run from this update until August 09.
* Super Holy Light for all races
* 100% success rate for all room goods
* Clothing and parts all 50% off
* All Lumilass services free
* +20% success rate added to the synthesis of all weapons and line shields

The following rewards will be handed out to individuals based on performance during the event.
* Song for Death
* Gold Trophy
* Silver Trophy
* Kolbe Trophy

New Clothes and Parts
The following clothes and parts will be made available.
* Vigor Coat (male, clothes)
* Western Bottoms M (male, clothes)
* AMF Army Jacket (male, clothes)
* AMF ArmyBottomsSet (male, clothes)
* AMF Army Jacket (female, clothes)
* AMF ArmyBottomsSet (female, clothes)
* One-piece Swimwear (female, clothes)
* One-piece Swimwear (female, parts)

New SUV Weapons
The following new Attacker series SUVs will become available.
* Rafal Attacker
* Grom Attacker
* Sturm Attacker

System Updates
The Universes will get a small name change. Universe 01 will now be known as "Beginner" while Universe 02 will be renamed as Universe 01 with the sequence continuing from there. No changes to missions, shop items or anything will be made to the Beginner Universe.

Esufer
Jul 24, 2007, 09:02 AM
...WAIT.
Super Holy Light for all races?
FREE LUMILASS!?
+20% SYNTH RATE!?
50% OF CLOTHING AND PARTS!?

I LOVE YOU ESPIOKAOS.

DaRkWoLf30
Jul 24, 2007, 09:10 AM
Wow that is crazy...I want it.

Garnet_Moon
Jul 24, 2007, 09:11 AM
Wow that universe name change is the dumbest idea i've ever heard of. Change a name, but nothing else. Marvelous idea!

DarkShadowX
Jul 24, 2007, 09:14 AM
Nice.....

F-Gattaca
Jul 24, 2007, 09:19 AM
FREE LUMILASS!?

+20% SYNTH RATE!?

Excuse me for a second, I need to pull a Chris Farley.

OHHH MYY GOOOOOOOOOOOOODDD!! *proceeds to knock over furniture and coffee tables in a stumbling spastic frenzy*

EspioKaos
Jul 24, 2007, 09:35 AM
Just in case, I want to re-stress that these updates are for the Japanese PC/PS2 servers. We won't be seeing this stuff until we get a similar event somewhere down the road. (This is, of course, depending on how well we do in said event. Also, this isn't confirmation of us getting a Famitsu Cup-esque event. Still waiting for an official announcement on that.)

On the other hand, if you guys are on the JP PC/PS2 servers and get to take part in these rewards, then celebrate away! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Nobo
Jul 24, 2007, 09:42 AM
I can't wait for when that day comes for the U.S. server I'll be poping out Ulteris and stuff like mad and also buying S-rank weapon boards 100%! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_beer.gif

Shiryuu
Jul 24, 2007, 12:28 PM
On 2007-07-24 07:35, EspioKaos wrote:

On the other hand, if you guys are on the JP PC/PS2 servers and get to take part in these rewards, then celebrate away! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Bah, we didn't even get the 15m prize.

Rashiid
Jul 24, 2007, 12:32 PM
so theres a newbie universe?

no 1337 uni? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

beatrixkiddo
Jul 24, 2007, 12:35 PM
Sturm Attacker :@:@:@

ShadowDragon28
Jul 24, 2007, 01:50 PM
Awesome update. I knew there was still some new content to unlock. Lucky JP gets AoI in Sept.. we probably wont get AoI until Nov or Dec. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

*Finally* the AMF SETs and the rest are released! woot.
Can't wait until we get those, and still praying to the gods that ST gives the US servers a US version of Famitsu Cup *prays*.

I really really need the Formal Wear coat... I want to be able to wear it by the time the US vers. of AoI is out (since many will probably stop wearing the same Coats, due to the new clothing in AoI >:-< )

Theoderic
Jul 24, 2007, 01:54 PM
JP didn't reach 15M? Was that the highest marker? US already failed at completing FB, although we made the point totals for the rewards, so maybe we need better coordination this time around.

EspioKaos
Jul 24, 2007, 04:02 PM
Fifteen million was actually the final marker for the Famitsu Cup. I'm still curious what the last prize would've been...

Skye-Fox713
Jul 24, 2007, 04:13 PM
DAM THOSE BASTARDS TO HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AARRRGGGGG.

Why do they have to make me wain't another 2 weeks before they release the AMF army bottoms set in the US

Inazuma
Jul 24, 2007, 04:15 PM
On 2007-07-24 14:02, EspioKaos wrote:
Fifteen million was actually the final marker for the Famitsu Cup. I'm still curious what the last prize would've been...

it was 25% bonus to weapon and armor synths. its a shame we couldnt make it -_-;;

Zainith
Jul 24, 2007, 04:18 PM
woot! Vigor Coat! Gotta break my hiatus to save up for when US gets it. A quick question though, what is the usual distance between JP and US updates. I think I heard it was about 3 months, can anyone give a good estimate?

McLaughlin
Jul 24, 2007, 10:03 PM
On 2007-07-24 14:18, Zainith wrote:
woot! Vigor Coat! Gotta break my hiatus to save up for when US gets it. A quick question though, what is the usual distance between JP and US updates. I think I heard it was about 3 months, can anyone give a good estimate?

We'll get it when we get it. There's no average wait, and our updates aren't prefect clones of the JP updates.

Wait and see.

Wallin
Jul 24, 2007, 10:36 PM
Okay, I obviously don't know anything about the Famitsu Cup, so please humor me.

What's this 15m you're all talking about, and how long did/does the Famitsu Cup last?

pikachief
Jul 25, 2007, 01:46 AM
On 2007-07-24 11:50, ShadowDragon28 wrote:

*Finally* the AMF SETs and the rest are released! woot.
Can't wait until we get those, and still praying to the gods that ST gives the US servers a US version of Famitsu Cup *prays*.

This is my "theory" that i've posted on 2 different threads.... yet no one responds to it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

On 2007-07-24 15:28, pikachief wrote:

After reading and re-reading the japanese updates and info pages i have came to a specualtion of the release date of this cup in the US/UK versions!

The Japanese had an update of the rest of the nudaiz S2's and Desert Goliath S2 and a new story mission, then another update of the last 3 parum S2's.

on friday we are getting the same update with the nudaiz S2's, and the only other S2's besides HIVE is the parum ones. The Famistu cup is 5 weeks long. If we dont get it then we will be only about 3-5 weeks behind the japanese than, rather than 2- 2.5 months and the release date on the expansion would make no sense unless they gave use really small updates after that http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

So keeping on thier schedule they would have to give us something to occupy that 5 week period, if not famistu then just 5 weeks of no updates http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif Alos, if they keep their schedule of an update every other week we should get parum S2's on august 10th (same day thier removing nudaiz light festival stuff so that makes sense) then 2 weeks after that would be the Famistu(EGM?) cup!

there thats gonna be as much proof of us getting the event as your gonna get besides sega confirming it themselves!

Isabella
Jul 25, 2007, 01:52 AM
That song for death gets handed out to how many people again?

pikachief
Jul 25, 2007, 01:54 AM
On 2007-07-24 23:52, Isabella wrote:
That song for death gets handed out to how many people again?

top 100 people, which i will get even if the lack of sleep kills me O.O

Isabella
Jul 25, 2007, 01:58 AM
so wait I wonder if that was only in porportion to how many people are actually playing.
Because if the top 100 people on ps2/pc got it then that'd be like half the people total. lol......
well the people that I know.

Alisha
Jul 25, 2007, 02:26 AM
curious they still dont have the remaining ult pa's...

Isabella
Jul 25, 2007, 02:28 AM
There are still scheduled updates right?

Umberger
Jul 25, 2007, 02:45 AM
On 2007-07-25 00:28, Isabella wrote:
There are still scheduled updates right?

I think this week is basically it other than new ultimate PAs and maybe the other PM devices (we still have no idea about any of the 46X or 305/306/307 PMs)...

They already have the level 100 cap, said to be the final before AoI comes out.
The last sets of clothes are coming out this update.
The 3 Attacker SUVs that weren't out are being released.
Every mission is at S2, and I doubt they'd start doing S3 missions now (that is, if they will even exist at one point)...unless they continue updating them while AoI is released/getting its own updates.
They have the 4X1/2/3/4 devices as said before.

All there is to add at this point would be completely new content, such as new missions that drop the S ranks we don't have yet.

AxelgearVII
Jul 25, 2007, 06:22 AM
o/

I have so many plans for these next 2 weeks that I can't even list them. However, I can say that they involve an armor PM, s-rank boards, high % 9 stars, shop hopping, and ALOT of S2 missions.

I agree with Shiryuu though. We didn't make the 15 mil, so we should just stay offline because losers don't deserve rewards. I have no shame.

Ryuk_0
Jul 25, 2007, 07:02 AM
song of death is a weapon i forgot which but i kno its a weapon cause when the S rank were being made that was one of the names of the boards that didn't stick

EspioKaos
Jul 25, 2007, 07:17 AM
It's a grenade launcher that looks like a guitar case. The grenades look like stars with rainbow trails. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Golto
Jul 25, 2007, 09:00 AM
On 2007-07-24 14:18, Zainith wrote:

We are still roughly 3 months behind. Their 4-27 update is pretty much our 7-27 update.

I think they will have at least one more update. They still need a Parum Guardian's Branch party mission and a Dulk Fakis co-op mission.

Shiryuu
Jul 25, 2007, 03:34 PM
On 2007-07-24 07:11, Garnet_Moon wrote:
Wow that universe name change is the dumbest idea i've ever heard of. Change a name, but nothing else. Marvelous idea!

It's supposed to be for the release of The Best version for PC/PS2.