PDA

View Full Version : fF soloing?

jayster
Jul 24, 2007, 11:47 AM
How do you do it? I'm new to fortefighter and I can kill everything pretty easily except for jarbas and bosses like the dimmagous and omnagoug. How do you solo such creates like that as a Fortefighter? I have a python but it just doesnt seem to cut it.

Nobo
Jul 24, 2007, 12:05 PM
Try buying 6 rayratores and every time u run out of pp switch to another one! They have 690 PP grinded once. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_beer.gif

JAFO22000
Jul 24, 2007, 12:06 PM
There are certain levels that you should not solo as a FF (same with FT...not sure about FG though!). The best advice I can give you is not to solo any level which has a lot of enemies your class is bad against. I'm a FT, and can't solo Train Rescue for shit! Those pistol packing beasts eat me alive....so I don't solo it.

Neith
Jul 24, 2007, 12:20 PM
As a fF against Onma, pack a Ice Axe and Redda him to death when he lands. Alternatively, any PA that hits hard or fast on multiple parts works. When he's airborne, your only option is a Handgun anyway..

Onma isn't too bad as a fF, but Dimmagolus is a lot more annoying, as he doesn't land for anywhere near as long. For Dimma, you might consider switching to Fighgunner, its a lot easier.

beatrixkiddo
Jul 24, 2007, 12:41 PM
What Uriko said. Get a high Ice % Muktrand or Ank Pikor and Dus Daggas or Anga Redda his brown, crusty ass. Learn his patterns and you'll be able to maximize that brief window you get to attack him. As a 72 FF Cast, I've soloed Eastern Peril in just over 8 minutes. You just have to use your class's strengths well, and learn how to get around your weaknesses.

On a side note, if you're doing Eastern Peril... use a Handgun on the Tengohgs. Trust me. It's faster than any striking skill you could use (save maybe Redda with a 50% Ice Pikor), and won't burn up your weaponry's PP. Also, I see you're a beast, so don't bother saving up your Nano for Onma. He'll fly in the middle of it, guaranteed. Use it on the last room on enemies, to help take those annoying pair of tengohgs down quicker.

panzer_unit
Jul 24, 2007, 01:12 PM
I like Gravity Strike or Buten for Onma/Dimmo. The second move can land all 12 hits, and you never have to put down your handgun. I pull my axe or knuckles when his wings blow out.

Mystil
Jul 24, 2007, 01:24 PM
If Tengohs spawn, might as well go look for another mission. And a swarm of GO Vahras against 1 FF is the ultimate test of your ability to dodge.

panzer_unit
Jul 24, 2007, 02:04 PM
More like your ultimate test of spamming Tornado Break / Anga Durega / Bogga Danga... knock 'em down fast, hard, and frequently.

beatrixkiddo
Jul 24, 2007, 02:29 PM
I still prefer handguns on them, you can do 400+ Per second with maxed ice bullet and a python handgun. :/

Shishi-O
Jul 24, 2007, 02:42 PM
twin saber+daggers shave huge point off the opposition, hitting multiple hit points also.

something to consider, if you acknowledge the fact that u can't knock them down

ps.-if you gotta hand gun, only hand gun the wings, hitting anywhere else is pointless

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shishi-O on 2007-07-24 12:44 ]</font>

Shiro_Ryuu
Jul 24, 2007, 04:42 PM
I like 2 use twin sabers and rising crush on go varas or assault crush since its great 4 taking them out 1 @ a time

Mayu
Jul 24, 2007, 05:01 PM
Dus Daggas

Micro
Jul 24, 2007, 05:02 PM
Daggas - Renkai - Redda - Buten

Mayu
Jul 24, 2007, 05:05 PM
oh I forgot about Renkai lol

oh whatever I'll list what I use

- Dus Daggas
- Singe claw First PA
- Second Twin Claw PA
- Renkai
- Sometimes Spinning break

- Combo - Twin claw PA Second or any Knock down weapon - You knock the target down

Once you knock the target down with that weapon

You simply go behind it - 100% ACC and

I either use Single claw PA or Dus Daggas http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

and it's pretty much dead

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryuugu-Rena on 2007-07-24 15:06 ]</font>

AweOfShe
Jul 24, 2007, 05:22 PM
When I solo, I don't use Renkai, or Daggas, unless it's bosses or any other enemies I can't throw around. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Dugrega, Rising Crush, Hishou, and the single handed weapons PAs. Anything that has a quick knock-back works better for me, when I solo.

Mystil
Jul 24, 2007, 05:52 PM
On 2007-07-24 12:04, panzer_unit wrote:
More like your ultimate test of spamming Tornado Break / Anga Durega / Bogga Danga... knock 'em down fast, hard, and frequently.

AAAHHHH maybe Durega and Danga. But not Tornado break, Vahra's love to block and they'll just block thier way through Breaks' slashs(which stun if not blocked) and cream you as you warm up for the third hit :/.

Nia
Jul 24, 2007, 07:00 PM
If you use Rising Crush (the basic PA) with a set of twin sabers, a single jarba surrounded by any "tossable" crowd is simple. Stay to the side of the Jarba to keep him circling to face you. Learn to aim the PA at the right time to scatter any encroaching enemies so you can focus on the Jarba. A lot of the time you can hit the Jarba at the same time you scatter the others to keep him stunned. This will drain PP rather quickly depending on your wepon but it's a SURE FIRE way to slay a Jarba in a crowd. Get good and you will never see him cast any spells (MEGID! BARTA! MEGID!). Two or more Jarbas at once....? Well, that's why they have scapes!