PDA

View Full Version : why S ranks arent in shops

bio-java
Jul 24, 2007, 02:16 PM
ok so i just sat down and sent a mail to my pal, who happens to have a Daiga-misaki and asked if he would let me touch it... because that claw makes me clawgasm, its so sexy!
this lead me to the thought, why does a yohmei product only drop from tengoghs? why does that good looking two-headed ragnus only drop from Go vahras or Grinna Bete C.. and so on about all the S ranks...
all these shiny S ranks are made by respective comapnies with huge shops... so why oh why dont they sell them?

i came up with 2 things that make this sound reasonable or plausible or whatnot...

1)all the managers at the respective shops thought:
"wouldnt it be cool with a trained (insert creature that drops the weapon) to sell the board or weapon?"
then they present the great idea to the workers at the shop and tell them they will all get fired in a few moments. and that he has shipped the boards to the creatures already. then some smartypants say "but sir, have you trained the creatures?"
".....fuck"

2) the following may happen after number 1 or as a independent event:
"aaah new shipment of S rank boards today, not gonna let those evil creatures get them this time"
"sir, the shipment has been raided by the creatures, they want the boards for themselves to drive us bankrupt and open their own shop"
"KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!" (sorry had to write that http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)
so very soon we will not buy things from yohei corp we will buy it from omna and sons...

is my madness lost on the masses? tell me what you think

(i have to sincerely excuse for any typos, insulting statements madness and killing of braincells. its late i got a cold and i ate some painkillers so technically i am on drugs... and i am from norway, so thats my excuse for the previous mass of letters...)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: bio-java on 2007-07-24 12:18 ]</font>

JAFO22000
Jul 24, 2007, 02:20 PM
...and now, the nominees for "Dumbest Post Ever"....

RegulusHikari
Jul 24, 2007, 02:22 PM
I always thought since PSO that it would be cool if the monster is set to drop the rare, they would be wielding it.

Seriously how cool would Lavis Cannon toting Sinow Reds, or Desta wielding Vandas be? Can you imagine a Jarba with a Halarod? Or Dimma with a grenade launcher? XD

bio-java
Jul 24, 2007, 02:25 PM
RAWR! fear my mighty halarod!
but the halarod would be kinda small on that huge jarba?
but the tengogh has no hands! how can it weild the Daiga misaki http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

SuperChoco
Jul 24, 2007, 02:26 PM
There are S ranks in player shops and you could probably trade/buy some in the Trading board here

RegulusHikari
Jul 24, 2007, 02:26 PM
On 2007-07-24 12:25, bio-java wrote:
RAWR! fear my mighty halarod!
but the halarod would be kinda small on that huge jarba?
but the tengogh has no hands! how can it weild the Daiga misaki http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

He wears it as a hat, silly. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Akaimizu
Jul 24, 2007, 02:28 PM
I kind of like it.

If anything, this forum sometimes NEEDS the humor. Badly. And when I mean Badly; I mean in that "I've never seen a man who is in more dire need of a *censored* in his life" quote from Good Morning Vietnam kind of way.

Besides, it does bring up one of those wierd points as to why great weapon plans (which are obviously manufactured, and labelled as such) are only in the hands of monsters. The very same kind of question as to why the best store owners, in many RPGs, with the best weapons equipped to defeat said final boss in the game, often tend to sell their wares right around the bottom of said Final Boss' lair.

Not to mention, why in Phantasy Star (except for PSU) must cakes be manufactured and sold deep in some dungeon.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-07-24 12:30 ]</font>

bio-java
Jul 24, 2007, 02:28 PM
lol, i am gonna go take a pic of a tengogh and edit a daiga claw on his head, PARTY HATS TO EVERYONE!

Umberger
Jul 24, 2007, 02:32 PM
Holy crap, you mean we can't just BUY the rare weapons? This has never happened in any RPG ever and is complete blasphemy.

Logically, it might not make sense (granted, the corporations might not sell their S rank weapons to commoners, even with a huge price tag...they might be saving them for government/military purposes or the like). In the "it's a game" state of mind...well, they aren't called rare weapons for nothing...if you could buy them AND find them, everyone would have them.

Shishi-O
Jul 24, 2007, 02:33 PM
On 2007-07-24 12:16, bio-java wrote:
ok so i just sat down and sent a mail to my pal, who happens to have a Daiga-misaki and asked if he would let me touch it... because that claw makes me clawgasm, its so sexy!
this lead me to the thought, why does a yohmei product only drop from tengoghs? why does that good looking two-headed ragnus only drop from Go vahras or Grinna Bete C.. and so on about all the S ranks...
all these shiny S ranks are made by respective comapnies with huge shops... so why oh why dont they sell them?

i came up with 2 things that make this sound reasonable or plausible or whatnot...

1)all the managers at the respective shops thought:
"wouldnt it be cool with a trained (insert creature that drops the weapon) to sell the board or weapon?"
then they present the great idea to the workers at the shop and tell them they will all get fired in a few moments. and that he has shipped the boards to the creatures already. then some smartypants say "but sir, have you trained the creatures?"
".....fuck"

2) the following may happen after number 1 or as a independent event:
"aaah new shipment of S rank boards today, not gonna let those evil creatures get them this time"
"sir, the shipment has been raided by the creatures, they want the boards for themselves to drive us bankrupt and open their own shop"
"KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!" (sorry had to write that http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)
so very soon we will not buy things from yohei corp we will buy it from omna and sons...

is my madness lost on the masses? tell me what you think

(i have to sincerely excuse for any typos, insulting statements madness and killing of braincells. its late i got a cold and i ate some painkillers so technically i am on drugs... and i am from norway, so thats my excuse for the previous mass of letters...)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: bio-java on 2007-07-24 12:18 ]</font>
...i only understood the star trek reference http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

bio-java
Jul 24, 2007, 02:35 PM
On 2007-07-24 12:32, Umberger wrote:
Holy crap, you mean we can't just BUY the rare weapons? This has never happened in any RPG ever and is complete blasphemy.

Logically, it might not make sense (granted, the corporations might not sell their S rank weapons to commoners, even with a huge price tag...they might be saving them for government/military purposes or the like). In the "it's a game" state of mind...well, they aren't called rare weapons for nothing...if you could buy them AND find them, everyone would have them.

well i just fail to find the logic of a corp making something and then only having beasts dropp the thing, shouldnt it then be manufactured by beast corp? no?

RegulusHikari
Jul 24, 2007, 02:35 PM
Obviously it's because the Vahras used to set the trees of Parum on fire, so GRM decided to make and distribute a weapon that would quench their pyromania.

OBVIOUSLY, those Drua Gohra ate some poor unsuspecting AMF Casts and the remains of their grenade launchers are lodged in their bellies. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

...This topic is contagious. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

JAFO22000
Jul 24, 2007, 02:38 PM
On 2007-07-24 12:35, RegulusHikari wrote:
...This topic is contagious. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Contagious like chlamydia.... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

pionear
Jul 24, 2007, 02:54 PM
If you wanna buy S Ranks in shops, just go and play Extra mode.

If you're serious, anyway.

bio-java
Jul 24, 2007, 02:59 PM
On 2007-07-24 12:54, pionear wrote:
If you wanna buy S Ranks in shops, just go and play Extra mode.

If you're serious, anyway.

sigh, i am not serious about that. i am just questioning the logic of it! gees Akaimizu was right about this forum needing some humor. well it would be nice to buy 10 to 12 star items when they release 13 to 15 stars

panzer_unit
Jul 24, 2007, 03:14 PM
Maybe it's more like the creature drops some sort of weapon pattern (don't ask me to fill in the blanks on how that happens) and your PM builds parts to specs from the only company that makes high-end weapons of that typ... so it's a homemade weapon but constructed from brand-name parts, like if you custom built a car but ordered every last piece from Ford.

SStrikerR
Jul 24, 2007, 03:32 PM
On 2007-07-24 12:22, RegulusHikari wrote:
I always thought since PSO that it would be cool if the monster is set to drop the rare, they would be wielding it.

Seriously how cool would Lavis Cannon toting Sinow Reds, or Desta wielding Vandas be? Can you imagine a Jarba with a Halarod? Or Dimma with a grenade launcher? XD

we'd get fucking owned dude, not even funny XD

fumatanera
Jul 24, 2007, 03:33 PM
a long time ago when the S Ranks were first created, they were never tested before being put to market. as with all new shiny weps, everyone wanted them and they sold out very quickly. seeing as how we are in the future now, we know the error of our ways and that grinded A Rank weps are just as good if not better than S Ranks. however, those in the past were unaware of this fact, and took their new shiny S Ranks into the heat of battle only to use all their mates and moons until they were killed. the monsters kept the crappy S Ranks as souveniers to taunt future (us) guardians. snap ^-^

Akaimizu
Jul 24, 2007, 03:34 PM
On 2007-07-24 13:32, Ryan113 wrote:

On 2007-07-24 12:22, RegulusHikari wrote:

we'd get fucking owned dude, not even funny XD

That is, IF, the said item would actually do any worse than the monster wielding it. I'm fairly sure certain monsters attack with the same ferocity of having one of those super-class weapons equipped.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-07-24 13:36 ]</font>

Umberger
Jul 24, 2007, 03:34 PM
You forgot Dulk Fakis with a Blackbull, Ank Dedda, and Halarod. And Magas Maggahna with the Blackbull for that matter.

Akaimizu
Jul 24, 2007, 03:37 PM
Now that's actually starting to sound like Clue(tm).

Dulk Fakis, with a Blackbull, in the Study.

Motive: Sworn Enemy. Kill the Guardian.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-07-24 13:41 ]</font>

Anduril
Jul 24, 2007, 03:41 PM
I think that your second story is likely what happened. Shipment got attacked, animals ate the boards, weapons, and meseta, hence when we kill them we get the stuff they ate. Though it would be cool if we had to go up to the carcass and dig into it to find the stuff.

Akaimizu
Jul 24, 2007, 03:42 PM
Jurrassic Park/Monster Hunter style. "Spare no expense" eh?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-07-24 13:43 ]</font>

landman
Jul 24, 2007, 04:28 PM
I always though that those monsters previously eat or had staved from previous fights those weapons, but I don't know why they have synthesis boards now o.O

bio-java
Jul 24, 2007, 04:28 PM
On 2007-07-24 13:41, Anduril wrote:
I think that your second story is likely what happened. Shipment got attacked, animals ate the boards, weapons, and meseta, hence when we kill them we get the stuff they ate. Though it would be cool if we had to go up to the carcass and dig into it to find the stuff.

i wonder what a weapon board tastes like =X
and does different creatures prefer different weapon boards? i bet it tastes like chicken!
other fun question, how come all monsters so conveniently blow up, BOOM! after they die?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: bio-java on 2007-07-24 14:31 ]</font>

DurakkenX
Jul 24, 2007, 04:30 PM
according to what is in the description of them most S-ranks are custom made...thus it stands to reason that most S-ranks were lost in battle after their owner was killed or something

bio-java
Jul 24, 2007, 04:32 PM
On 2007-07-24 14:30, DurakkenX wrote:
according to what is in the description of them most S-ranks are custom made...thus it stands to reason that most S-ranks were lost in battle after their owner was killed or something

good point, but then why the mark of the corp? why not have each S weapon have its own mark? and then it could be grinded on the planet it was found?

DurakkenX
Jul 24, 2007, 04:35 PM
because even custom made stuff is made by someone...just because a corp makes it custom doesn't mean they are gonna remove their logo...in fact they'd display it more prominently on custom as it's free advertising.

bagleyboy
Jul 24, 2007, 04:36 PM
S-ranks don't exist in the shop because they're just too powerful. I'm taking a wild guess the company's tried to despose of the synth boards by dumping them somewhere, and the monsters found them. Or the weapons could be DNA strands of the monster to make the weapon, and the mark of the corp is there because they named it.

ShineOnline
Jul 24, 2007, 04:37 PM
S-rank boards are from an ancient civilization, the ruins of which are only recently being discovered. Monsters have been living in these ruins for eons.
The manufacturers are set by the planets the s-rank originates for the most part. Ancient Neudaizians used Yohmei-like weapons, so Neudaiz monsters drop Yohmei s-ranks...

Umberger
Jul 24, 2007, 06:08 PM
On 2007-07-24 14:37, ShineOnline wrote:
S-rank boards are from an ancient civilization, the ruins of which are only recently being discovered. Monsters have been living in these ruins for eons.
The manufacturers are set by the planets the s-rank originates for the most part. Ancient Neudaizians used Yohmei-like weapons, so Neudaiz monsters drop Yohmei s-ranks...

Jarba's don't exist on Neudaiz yet they drop Halarod boards and Yohmei twin dagger boards. One could also argue all of the Kubara boards on non-Moatoob places (Psycho Wand, Crea Doubles, etc).

pikachief
Jul 24, 2007, 06:27 PM
That explanation of those S ranks dropping made alsmot more sense than my explanation of y we will get the famistu cup and when we are getting it!

On 2007-07-24 12:16, pikachief wrote:
After reading and re-reading the japanese updates and info pages i have came to a specualtion of the release date of this cup in the US/UK versions!

The Japanese had an update of the rest of the nudaiz S2's and Desert GOliath S2 and a new story mission, then another update of the last 3 parum S2's.

on friday we are getting the same update with the nudaiz S2's, and the only other S2's besides HIVE is the parum ones. The Famistu cup is 5 weeks long. If we dont get it then we will be only about 3-5 weeks behind the japanese than, rather than 2- 2.5 months and the release date on the expansion would make no sense unless they gave use really small updates after that

So keeping on thier schedule they would have to give us something to occupy that 5 week period, if not famistu then just 5 weeks of no updates Alos, if they keep their schedule of an update every other week we should get parum S2's on august 10th (same day thier removing nudaiz light festival stuff so that makes sense) then 2 weeks after that would be the Famistu(EGM?) cup!

there thats gonna be as much proof of us getting the event as your gonna get besides sega confirming it themselves!
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: pikachief on 2007-07-24 12:18 ]</font>

Almighty_Envy
Jul 25, 2007, 11:06 AM
This topic made me lol