PDA

View Full Version : it seems synth rates will be increased in AOI

Inazuma
Jul 25, 2007, 03:29 AM
http://illuminus-trial.phantasystaruniverse.jp/examination/
check out the last entry in the synth section here.

it looks like sonic team heard the complaints and is gonna actually raise synth rates. espio or lyrise, can you please give us a proper translation for this?

Isabella
Jul 25, 2007, 03:30 AM
: D

Freshellent
Jul 25, 2007, 03:40 AM
Well that is very interesting,now isn't it?

Here's to hoping.

Cz
Jul 25, 2007, 03:55 AM
9* armors are gonna be more than 37%? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif
I am shock.............no really.......i am.....http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

imfanboy
Jul 25, 2007, 04:00 AM
Even more reason to save all my monehs and synthing items for AoI, methinks.

*already has 3 [b] Nafri-Senbas squirreled away*

Eria
Jul 25, 2007, 04:12 AM
Oh joy instead of failing 75% off all my striking weapons, I can make more 10-16% ones then. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

imfanboy
Jul 25, 2007, 04:21 AM
Actually, they increased the % in the beta, at least - you're most likely to net at least a 20-30% on a weapon, rather than a weapon of that grade being a GAWDSEND, SOMETHING TO PRAISE SEGA FOR!!!

*ahem* Sorry, my sarcasm overflowed there for a moment.

Lyrise
Jul 25, 2007, 04:32 AM
It doesn't exactly say that Synth rates would go up, all it really says is a large part of the goods will be re-examined and corrected. It might even entail dropping S Grade weapon rates... I mean, S Grade weapons already have a high synth rate, why would you need to push it up even further?

Remedy
Jul 25, 2007, 05:12 AM
On 2007-07-25 02:32, Lyrise wrote:
It doesn't exactly say that Synth rates would go up, all it really says is a large part of the goods will be re-examined and corrected. It might even entail dropping S Grade weapon rates... I mean, S Grade weapons already have a high synth rate, why would you need to push it up even further?

Honestly, S-ranks should be guaranteed synthesis, but that's just me (and a great part of the community).

DaRkWoLf30
Jul 25, 2007, 05:17 AM
I hope they get raised...

AxelgearVII
Jul 25, 2007, 06:28 AM
Armor synth rates are the only ones that need tweaking. They're really too low. Which is why a decent % armor costs multi millions.

EspioKaos
Jul 25, 2007, 06:42 AM

Actually, it specifically says synth rates will go up.

"Gousei kakuritsu wo agetehoshii."
"We want to see an increase in synthesis probability."

"Zentaiteki ni ookiku jouhoushuusei wo itashimasu."
"We will make large upward adjustments to everything."

amtalx
Jul 25, 2007, 06:51 AM
What they need to do is just fix the actual system it self, not the percents.

49% != 1/40

panzer_unit
Jul 25, 2007, 08:13 AM
I'd love to see the same for grinding... High chance of success = AH'M GUNNA BLOW IT UP DUR DUR DUR ???

Mayu
Jul 25, 2007, 08:14 AM
more 50%

.... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Powder Keg
Jul 25, 2007, 09:14 AM
Sweet....that's all I really have to say about this.

Alisha
Jul 25, 2007, 10:24 AM
i hope this is accompanied by a nerf/reworking of elemental %'s. dfp is worthless when you can cut a monsters damage in half and is a big reason why one of the hybrids is broken.

EspioKaos
Jul 25, 2007, 10:44 AM
Here's my translation of the info presented on SonicTeam's updated page. I'll be working it into my Illuminus FAQ when I have a chance. Probably after I get home from work.

Merging of World 1 and World 2
The merger is planned to take place during the last third of August. At that time, certain battle system and balance adjustments relating to Ambition of the Illuminus will be made. Specifics will be given at that time.
Also, the bug affecting player rooms between World 1 and World 2 that came up during the beta has been fixed.

Battle System Additions
This section just goes into detail on Just Attack, Just Counter and PP regeneration for striking weapons. I don't see any new info, but I'll double check when I've got more time... depends on if any big projects come up all of a sudden at work.

Elemental Attributes and Their Effectiveness
We will modify the equation used to calculate elemental efficiency. It goes on to explain that the way things are now, the ATP increase in a player's base stats begins to outweigh how effective an element is, going further in saying there's almost no change even on 50% elemental weapons. (Wait. Seriously?)

High-Rank Mission Monster Adjustments
Monster attributes were adjusted in the JP 06.07 update.

PA Disk Conversion
A level validation system will be implemented to verify the level of a PA to the one learning it. If I'm reading this correctly, it means that the only person capable of relearning a leveled PA is the one who learned it in the first place. It says at the end of the explanation here: "In short, converted PA disks cannot be handed over to any other players or bought and sold in player shops." (Yay!)

PSO Clothing
Apparently more concerns came in over people wanting all of the PSO costumes, including every single variation in design. The developers say they're including the default costumes as well as multiple color variations on them, but we won't be seeing every single individual costume from PSO. (Heh, no propeller hat for FOmars. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif)

Beginner-Specific Additions
The expansion will introduce more low grade weapons from multiple makers as opposed to a few from a single manufacturer.

Grinding Limits
The limit will still be 10 grinds at max, and successes will be displayed as x/10, x/9, x/8, etc. (We already knew this, though.)

Synthesis Probability
All synthesis probabilities will be raised.

Death Penalty
We've already received this update. As long as a party member is revived before the end of a mission, their death will not have a negative effect on your mission grade.

Further Player Interaction in Story Missions
From Illuminus on, we plan on introducing a system that allows you to make your own decisions on where the story will go. Basically, a for-in-the-road kind of thing. (Sweet!!)

More PM Types
We already know this, but it's further confirmation that we will be seeing more than just the standard female PM battle types.

PM Storage and Common Box Capacity
We will be adding items that you can use to increase your storage capacity. (Yay, again!)

Mayu
Jul 25, 2007, 10:46 AM
On 2007-07-25 08:44, EspioKaos wrote

Elemental Attributes and Their Effectiveness
We will modify the equation used to calculate elemental efficiency. It goes on to explain that the way things are now, the ATP increase in a player's base stats begins to outweigh how effective an element is, going further in saying there's almost no change even on 50% elemental weapons. (Wait. Seriously?)

0_0

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryuugu-Rena on 2007-07-25 08:50 ]</font>

Golto
Jul 25, 2007, 11:28 AM
I hope it is a simple change to how element % is calculated. Right now it is like compound % ontop of (((char atp+unit atp+weapon atp)*pa %)* ele % +1 if opposite). So on high % pas 50% element turns into 90% increased damage.

Alisha
Jul 25, 2007, 11:33 AM
it should only apply to weapon atp like how it was on episode I and II. also armor %'s are probally just as broken as hit% was if not more so.

Lyrise
Jul 25, 2007, 11:41 AM
On 2007-07-25 04:42, EspioKaos wrote:

Actually, it specifically says synth rates will go up.

"Gousei kakuritsu wo agetehoshii."
"We want to see an increase in synthesis probability."

"Zentaiteki ni ookiku jouhoushuusei wo itashimasu."
"We will make large upward adjustments to everything."

Bleh, you're absoluitely right; this is what happens when I look at stuff at 3AM in the morning.

Other things I gotta note on:

I know I like seeing yellow on kills, but having it display EXP Full for every kill you make while capped might be taking it a little too far. If you could turn it off, that'd be great.

It's a bit weird, but I know what they're talking about as far as elemental effectiveness. After a certain point, your ATP rises by a large amount, but that's partially due to the fact that your atp is so high. When your ATP is low, elemental effectiveness does all the work, but when its high, ATP does all of the work. Since you can only get stronger, as time passes by, elemental effectiveness (in their eyes) starts to do less and less.

I do like the fact that they have one more manufacturer coming, their goal specifically to bring low grade weapons for lower level players to use.

EspioKaos
Jul 25, 2007, 11:48 AM
On 2007-07-25 09:41, Lyrise wrote:
Bleh, you're absoluitely right; this is what happens when I look at stuff at 3AM in the morning.

Heh heh. I know exactly how you feel. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

I know I like seeing yellow on kills, but having it display EXP Full for every kill you make while capped might be taking it a little too far. If you could turn it off, that'd be great.

Oop. Forgot about that one. But, you're right. I don't think I'd like having "EXP FULL" rubbed in my face with every monster I take down. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

I do like the fact that they have one more manufacturer coming, their goal specifically to bring low grade weapons for lower level players to use.

I thought it was just stating we would see more low-grade stuff across the board from all manufacturers, not that we're getting another company. (I certainly wouldn't mind if we do get another manufacturer, though!) I'll look back over that in a bit.

Soukosa
Jul 25, 2007, 05:05 PM
On 2007-07-25 09:33, Alisha wrote:
it should only apply to weapon atp like how it was on episode I and II.

This isn't PSO, the game was designed to handle the percents in this fashion. Besides, that way you pretty much make elements worthless on a good chunk of the bullet PAs, making most of those rather worthless. Remember how worthless mechguns were with a high percent in a damage area? Yeah...

also armor %'s are probally just as broken as hit% was if not more so.

From one perspective, it needs to be changed. From the other perspective, we're likely to see enemies with attacks so strong that no degree of damage reduction will make it sane to simply absorb it, forcing you to invest in EVP. They really should at least change it so that it reduces damage based on the stats of the shield line though.

Vashyron
Jul 25, 2007, 05:12 PM
I have one thing to say about this.....

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

GuardianPoe
Jul 25, 2007, 08:43 PM

Actually, I think it just meant that there'd be more than one type of certain weapons (i.e., bows), which were previously restricted to just one maker (in this case, Yohmei).

Which, personally, I'm glad. Aside from their high pp values, Yohmei weapons aren't that great for anything but wands and rods. I'm hoping to get my main some claws from GRM or Tenora once AoI comes out.

beatrixkiddo
Jul 25, 2007, 09:19 PM
I can't help but think that part of the Armor synth % problems lies in the fact that no PM lists its "Syn Spec" as Armor. 440, which is the Pure armor PM, says "Firearms". Now I'm not sure if 'Syn Spec' actually adds to success (I suppose it could be tested with a 440 and a 410 with equal amounts of Striking, but I don't have the resources to test that) or not, but if it does, the lack of a "true" Armor synthing PM might be to blame. Perhaps that's what the mysterious 46x bunny girl PMs are?

Zer0_ConvoY
Jul 25, 2007, 10:55 PM
On 2007-07-25 19:19, beatrixkiddo wrote:
I can't help but think that part of the Armor synth % problems lies in the fact that no PM lists its "Syn Spec" as Armor. 440, which is the Pure armor PM, says "Firearms". Now I'm not sure if 'Syn Spec' actually adds to success (I suppose it could be tested with a 440 and a 410 with equal amounts of Striking, but I don't have the resources to test that) or not, but if it does, the lack of a "true" Armor synthing PM might be to blame. Perhaps that's what the mysterious 46x bunny girl PMs are?

but... but... THE GREEN TOP HAT! I CAN'T RESET THAT!!! *prays for 8 slots in AoI* http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

and if % are busted, it should basically be the percent of the overall damage output, so if you would do 500 dmg on a 20% it should be 600, if you were to be hit for 1000 (after dfp and what not figured in) but you have 10% armor, 900 dmg

Hatemachine
Jul 26, 2007, 01:34 AM
Oh sweet merciful mcgillicuddy KEEEEERIST I can make use of the half dozen phantom line boards and the weld lines too.

I've wasted a fortune trying to make these with a full 100 armor PM.

Only reason I made ANY of the armors I have was due to firebreak runs dropping nanoresin like raindrops.

Burned through 2 full phantom boards 1 full weld line board for 2 phantoms and 1 weld line all less than 15%.

Now with a boosted synth rate I may actually be willing to look for stormlines and other A armors since I have a metric ton of polymers.

Dj_SkyEpic
Jul 26, 2007, 01:57 AM
On 2007-07-25 09:48, EspioKaos wrote:

Oop. Forgot about that one. But, you're right. I don't think I'd like having "EXP FULL" rubbed in my face with every monster I take down. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Maybe instead of saying EXP FULL it would only display something like 0 EXP. Didn't PSO do this? I don't remember quite well ( Haven't jumped on a level 200 character in a very very long while xD)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2007-07-26 00:02 ]</font>

Kaloa
Jul 26, 2007, 09:00 AM
I don't care what it displays when I kill an enemy. As long as it displays SOMETHING I'll be happy.