PDA

View Full Version : SE's and technics

majan
Jul 25, 2007, 03:11 PM
can someone do me a favor and confirm the SE levels on technics i.e damfoie megid nosmegid etc...

psupedia has it mapped out but I dont necessarily trust them

beatrixkiddo
Jul 25, 2007, 03:17 PM
lol

majorgamer55
Jul 25, 2007, 03:18 PM
40?

JAFO22000
Jul 25, 2007, 03:21 PM
The ones I know from memory (at level 21+)

Foie - SE4
Rafoie - SE3
Gifoie - SE3
Damfoie - SE3
Barta - SE1
Rabarta - SE3
Gibarta - SE3
Dambarta - SE3
Diga - SE4
Radiga - No SE
Gidiga - No SE
Damdiga - SE3
Nosdiga - SE2 (?)
Zonde - SE1 (?)
Razonde - SE3
Gizonde - SE3
Megid - SE3 (?)
Ramegid - SE3
Dammegid - SE2 - >:(
Megiverse- SE3 (?)
Nosmegid (?)

(?) next to the ones I am unsure of.

majan
Jul 25, 2007, 03:21 PM
On 2007-07-25 13:17, beatrixkiddo wrote:
lol

thanks for the input!

what an intelligent response to a simple question that I thought I'd ask people with experience before going through the trouble of leveling the shit up myself.

do me a favor though:
you shouldn't try so hard to make a doosh bag out of yourself by responding "lol" to someone in the very same community as you,just asking a simple question.remember, as godly as you apparently are,you didn't know the answer to that question either.

also,lastly,and simply,post a little more on-topic.and if you dont have anything nice to say,keep your sticky ass salad fingers away from the keyboard.

doosh bag

majorgamer55
Jul 25, 2007, 03:22 PM
i doubt they will let us hit lvl 5 burn

BeastOblivion
Jul 25, 2007, 03:22 PM
Does megid do the same it did on pso?

EspioKaos
Jul 25, 2007, 03:23 PM
On 2007-07-25 13:22, BeastOblivion wrote:
Does megid do the same it did on pso?

Instant death? Yeah. From time to time.

beatrixkiddo
Jul 25, 2007, 03:23 PM
On 2007-07-25 13:21, majan wrote:

lol

thanks for the input!

what an intelligent response to a simple question that I thought I'd ask people with experience before going through the trouble of leveling the shit up myself.

do me a favor though:
you shouldn't try so hard to make a doosh bag out of yourself by responding "lol" to someone in the very same community as you,just asking a simple question.remember, as godly as you apparently are,you didn't know the answer to that question either.

also,lastly,and simply,post a little more on-topic.and if you dont have anything nice to say,keep your sticky ass salad fingers away from the keyboard.

doosh bag

I lol'd because I'm a contributer to the PSUpedia. If you don't trust its information, why not contribute to it and help?

majan
Jul 25, 2007, 03:24 PM
On 2007-07-25 13:21, JAFO22000 wrote:

Foie - SE4
Rafoie - SE3
Gifoie - SE3
Damfoie - SE3
Barta - SE1
Rabarta - SE3
Gibarta - SE3
Dambarta - SE3
Diga - SE4
Radiga - No SE
Gidiga - No SE
Damdiga - SE3
Nosdiga - SE2 (?)
Zonde - SE1 (?)
Razonde - SE3
Gizonde - SE3
Megid - SE3 (?)
Ramegid - SE3
Dammegid - SE2 - >:(
Megiverse- SE3 (?)
Nosmegid (?)

(?) next to the ones I am unsure of.

splendid.thanks.

now let me ask you a question:how hard was that?just to demonstrate to other people on the board how non-difficult answering a question and helping someone out can be?

BeastOblivion
Jul 25, 2007, 03:25 PM
what does dammegid do?

beatrixkiddo
Jul 25, 2007, 03:26 PM
Hmm, the exact same values as the 'pedia. O:

also

On 2007-07-25 13:25, BeastOblivion wrote:
what does dammegid do?

Infection Lv2

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: beatrixkiddo on 2007-07-25 13:27 ]</font>

majan
Jul 25, 2007, 03:26 PM
On 2007-07-25 13:23, beatrixkiddo wrote:

On 2007-07-25 13:21, majan wrote:

lol

thanks for the input!

do me a favor though:

doosh bag

I lol'd because I'm a contributer to the PSUpedia. If you don't trust its information, why not contribute to it and help?

Ive tried that,and it isnt quite as simple as I thought it may be.maybe my browser is just not very cooperative with the edit pages or whatever but its just a big ass blank screen when I hit edit so I cant really do a whole lot

BeastOblivion
Jul 25, 2007, 03:33 PM
what about nosmegid?

majorgamer55
Jul 25, 2007, 03:34 PM
go to osupedia.org and find out!

EspioKaos
Jul 25, 2007, 03:35 PM
On 2007-07-25 13:33, BeastOblivion wrote:
what about nosmegid?

It... makes a funny noise.
I just got this TECHNIC the other day, so I don't have much experience with it. I don't think it has a status effect associated with it, but it's attack power is modified by your current HP. So, if you have maybe 37/2009 HP, your nosmegid will do more damage than it would if you had full HP.

Sexy_Raine
Jul 25, 2007, 03:35 PM
On 2007-07-25 13:26, beatrixkiddo wrote:
Hmm, the exact same values as the 'pedia. O:

also

On 2007-07-25 13:25, BeastOblivion wrote:
what does dammegid do?

Infection Lv2

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: beatrixkiddo on 2007-07-25 13:27 ]</font>

Though it only has Infection 2, it works very well when soloing Plains Overlord S2. Stand in those safe spots, and watch those lv100 enemies die in a couple of seconds!

JAFO22000
Jul 25, 2007, 03:39 PM
splendid.thanks.

Not a problem.

now let me ask you a question:how hard was that?just to demonstrate to other people on the board how non-difficult answering a question and helping someone out can be?

Easy for me, only because I play a FT who happens to be a high level, so most of my techs are close to 30. Plus, I just took a look at all of my techs the other day when I got bored whilst waiting for AFK friends, so it was fresh in my memory.

JAFO22000
Jul 25, 2007, 03:48 PM
On 2007-07-25 13:35, EspioKaos wrote:

what about nosmegid?

I just got this TECHNIC the other day, so I don't have much experience with it. I don't think it has a status effect associated with it, but it's attack power is modified by your current HP. So, if you have maybe 37/2009 HP, your nosmegid will do more damage than it would if you had full HP.

Status effect on Nosmegid is defined as "HP affects power" or somehting like that....but yeah, I just can't find a situation where Nosmegid is the best option for me. I run into the same problem with Noszonde. They are too slow to cast and you have to hold the button down for so long that you leave yourself open to be hit. Razonde/Ramegid is easier to cast and hits three creatures instead of two. I guess Noszonde/Nosmegid are good for creatures which run/jump around a lot (Golmoros?), but I pretty much hit them just fine with Ramegid/Dammegid/Megiverse to justify trying to use Nosmegid....I don't know.

Sychosis
Jul 25, 2007, 04:26 PM
Nosmegid is my TECHNIC of choice vs Svaltus. High damage (for a dark TECHNIC), with the ability to stagger them a bit. It can sometimes stop them from attacking and make them do that little pro boxer foot work they do. It's also quite effective against Golmoro, again it does good damage but more importantly it knocks the little buggers on their asses and allows fighters to really lay into them.

Noszonde works in the same way vs both Bysha type robots in Grove of Fanatics. Keeps them from moving and I think if they die while knocked down they won't asplode. It's also quite nice against Dimmagolus, though I won't go as far as to say it is the best way to take him down, I don't have Raisei-sou.

Regardless, they really are a bit too situational in my opinion. The PP costs are just too high to warrant normal use.

Astarin
Jul 25, 2007, 04:36 PM

Nosdiga - SE2 (?)
Zonde - SE1 (?)
Megid - SE3 (?)

I can confirm that these are all correct.

JAFO22000
Jul 25, 2007, 04:47 PM
I've tried using these techs in similar situtations, but find them ill-suited for anything....mostly because you have to press the button to cast, then wait for it to appear, then hold the button down until it reaches your desired target, then let it go. It really leaves you vulnerable to attack.

I don't see how you can use it against the Svaltus. I have a hard enough time casting Ramegid on a wand and dodging their shots. I really don't think it's feasible to use Nosmegid against them. They'd tear me to pieces with their little "wave stun" attack.

I've tried using Noszonde against Dimma, and thumbs down to that. I mean, once I find a safe spot and cast it, he starts flying around the periphery of his nest, while I'm holding the button down for a good 5-6 seconds waiting for him to stop...then he ends up on the other side of the map, directly across from me, at which point the animation for my Noszonde is too far away for me to see it, thus I can't discern EXACTLY where it is, so I have to guess when to "detonate" it. Then it does it's damage and I have to repeat the whole process again. It just takes WAY too long for the little damage it does. I can use my bow with a lighting bullet and, not only damage him more than I can with Noszonde, but I can also help the rangers drop him to the ground. And when he does drop to the ground, I can get off more Razonde casts than I can Noszonde casts, and while Razonde does slightly less damage per hit, I can do more damage in this situation with Razonde because I get 1-2 more hits AND I'm not leaving myself as vunerable to his "get up real quick, face towards you and throw an assload of rocks real quick" move.

Dj_SkyEpic
Jul 25, 2007, 05:04 PM
Foie - SE4 Burn
Rafoie - SE3 Burn
Gifoie - SE3 Burn
Damfoie - SE3 Burn
Shifta - SE3 Attack up players
Jellen - SE3 Attack down mob
Barta - SE1 Freeze
Rabarta - SE3 Freeze
Gibarta - SE3 Freeze
Dambarta - SE3 Freeze
Deband - SE3 Defense up player
Zalure - SE3 Defense down mob
Diga - SE4 silence
Radiga - No SE
Gidiga - No SE
Damdiga - SE3 Poison and flinches like Dambarta
Nosdiga - SE2 Stun
Zonde - SE1 Shock
Razonde - SE3 Shock
Gizonde - SE3 Shock
Noszonde - SE3 Shock (can knock down mobs 90%)
Zodial - SE3 ATA and EVP up players
Zodeel - SE3 ATA and EVP down mobs
Resta - No SE
Giresta - SE3 Auto Regen. Health steadily
Reverser - No SE
Retier - SE3 MST and TP up players
Megid - SE3 Incapacitation ( insta-death )
Ramegid - SE3 Confusion
Dammegid - SE2 Virus
Megiverse- SE3 HP steal
Nosmegid- SE3 Your health Percentage defines damage. (The lower your health, the stronger it becomes.) and can knock down mobs 90%.

Fixed.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2007-07-25 15:14 ]</font>

Soukosa
Jul 25, 2007, 05:09 PM

If you work there then how about you work on fixing all of the errors and out of date info? While you're at it, you might as well take a huge bat to the rest of the staff to beat into their skull that you can't put in an item DB into a wiki.

As it stands, PSUpedia is falling apart and I've heard many state that they don't want to use it since it's so badly out of date and set up horribly. Save the community some unneeded redundancy in such a case then >.>

darkante
Jul 25, 2007, 05:09 PM
Ahh, and i just wasted 50 P.A fragments on Noszonde only to hear here that itīs sucks?
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

I agree that it is not really that useful, but at least itīs fun to see it auto-seek targets.
Circle around until you release the button.
It gives some kind of variation from the other spells. :S

Dj_SkyEpic
Jul 25, 2007, 05:17 PM
On 2007-07-25 15:09, darkante wrote:
Ahh, and i just wasted 50 P.A fragments on Noszonde only to hear here that itīs sucks?

I agree that it is not really that useful, but at least itīs fun to see it auto-seek targets.

As a full time fT, it's more than useful. If you don't use bows and such, it's one of the best attacking aerial seekers.

Take Dimmagoulous for example. Would you rather do 400 on bow firing or 1000+ damage a noszonde?

You'll love the technic if you try it out for yourself.

On 2007-07-25 13:35, EspioKaos wrote:

what about nosmegid?

You'll have loads of fun when you go around trying to survive with 1 HP using Nosmegid (:

Also,
You guys should try the Block casting technique. Simply put, you cast a technic and get interrupted by an attack, thus causing Nosmegid or Noszonde to combust prematurely. It makes for faster useage of the technic.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2007-07-25 15:23 ]</font>

JAFO22000
Jul 25, 2007, 05:36 PM
What exactly did you "fix" about my list? The OP only asked for levels, not types of SE's.

On 2007-07-25 15:17, Dj_SkyEpic wrote:

On 2007-07-25 15:09, darkante wrote:

As a full time fT, it's more than useful. If you don't use bows and such, it's one of the best attacking aerial seekers.

Take Dimmagoulous for example. Would you rather do 400 on bow firing or 1000+ damage a noszonde?

You'll love the technic if you try it out for yourself.

Again, BIG NUMBER SYNDROME. Now, please explain that you will more than likely be able to hit him with your bow at LEAST 5x's in the time it takes for one noszonde cast....NOW what would you rather do? 400x5 with a bow, PLUS helping the rangers to drop Dimma to the ground or 1000+ damage with noszonde?? I would recommend getting it so YOU can see which works better for you. I personally think it blows against Dimma. He moves way too fast for it to be effective.

You'll have loads of fun when you go around trying to survive with 1 HP using Nosmegid (:

Also,
You guys should try the Block casting technique. Simply put, you cast a technic and get interrupted by an attack, thus causing Nosmegid or Noszonde to combust prematurely. It makes for faster useage of the technic.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2007-07-25 15:23 ]</font>

Um, not something I'd want to make a living doing. I only have 1200 some odd HP. Getting hit on purpose is low on my list of desirable strategies. I would advise against this. It works for Gi-techs and Nosdiga as well; if you get hit at the right time, your first cast will still detonate, then you can quickly cast the second one. I don't do this on purpose, however. To me, it's just a nice benefit if I do happen to get hit while casting.

Dj_SkyEpic
Jul 25, 2007, 05:48 PM
What exactly did you "fix" about my list? The OP only asked for levels, not types of SE's.

There were others asking for more information within the thread so I added onto the list so there wouldn't be any other wandering questions.

Again, BIG NUMBER SYNDROME. Now, please explain that you will more than likely be able to hit him with your bow at LEAST 5x's in the time it takes for one noszonde cast....NOW what would you rather do? 400x5 with a bow, PLUS helping the rangers to drop Dimma to the ground or 1000+ damage with noszonde?? I would recommend getting it so YOU can see which works better for you. I personally think it blows against Dimma. He moves way too fast for it to be effective.

That's not true. Depending on how you play can increase the speed of how you cast the technic vs how you fire your bow. I would say you would fire your bow around twice as to casting Nos technics and hit once. There are chances where you would hit a higher defensive area of Dimma thus doing less damage compared to the Nos tech.

But ya, it's a matter of gameplay style.
I would reccomend going for Noszonde and JAFO reccomends going for Bow instead.

Mayu
Jul 25, 2007, 05:51 PM
Megid kills so it's annoying to level <.<

but it's worth it!

hehe and it's also used to scare people

JAFO22000
Jul 25, 2007, 05:56 PM
On 2007-07-25 15:48, Dj_SkyEpic wrote:
That's not true. Depending on how you play can increase the speed of how you cast the technic vs how you fire your bow....

What does this mean? I'm 100% sure that anyone can fire a bow faster than twice for every one Noszonde tech. How can your playstyle increase the speed of your casting of this spell to be FASTER than 3 shots of a bow?

Dj_SkyEpic
Jul 25, 2007, 06:02 PM
What does this mean? I'm 100% sure that anyone can fire a bow faster than twice for every one Noszonde tech. How can your playstyle increase the speed of your casting of this spell to be FASTER than 3 shots of a bow?

For instance: Distance.

You may be far away holding the firing button of a nos tech making your firing rate slow, or you can be up close spamming the tech. It only takes about 2 seconds for noszonde to combust.

The firing rate of Bows are around 1-2 seconds as well.

beatrixkiddo
Jul 25, 2007, 08:36 PM
On 2007-07-25 15:09, Sounomi wrote:

If you work there then how about you work on fixing all of the errors and out of date info? While you're at it, you might as well take a huge bat to the rest of the staff to beat into their skull that you can't put in an item DB into a wiki.

As it stands, PSUpedia is falling apart and I've heard many state that they don't want to use it since it's so badly out of date and set up horribly. Save the community some unneeded redundancy in such a case then >.>

Because I'm only one person and I don't 'work' there, I just contribute when I have both the info and the time.

Prima
Jul 25, 2007, 08:43 PM
Wow, some of that shit needs to be fixed.