PDA

View Full Version : PSOW'ers: Why so tight knit...

jayster
Jul 25, 2007, 10:14 PM
I can't ever get parties with people from PSOW. I have many peoples card from this site and I send lots of messages but no one ever wants to party. They're always in some odd universe with locked parties and either don't respond or say they dont want anyone else to join. Why such tight circles?

"WHY CANT WE BEAT FRIENDS, WHY CANT WE BE FRIENDS.."

exception to nobo of course http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jayster on 2007-07-25 20:15 ]</font>

Davot
Jul 25, 2007, 10:19 PM
i could be your new nobo...lol

Anduril
Jul 25, 2007, 10:20 PM
I think it may have to do with the length of time these people have played together, or even their personal playstyle. I for one usually get bootted from a lot of parties because I don't heal or buff enough.
I find it really hard to stay close to any players since either A) they are much higher level than me and are thus running missions I can't, and B) No one I have on my partner card list is ever on that is willing to usually play with me.

Retehi
Jul 25, 2007, 10:23 PM
Actually, I'm glad I don't play with anyone here, except 1 or 2 folks on occasion. >_>

Umberger
Jul 25, 2007, 10:26 PM
Most people are hunting their S rank weapons now, so they may just want to play with people they know they can trust.

mrlion
Jul 25, 2007, 10:26 PM
I also try to find these folks here, but I have enough people I can play with, Guyver, ReoSoul, Atara9, Arisa, Slit, umm some female cast with japanese characters I can't type em here, and 3 of my real life friends are coming.

So I have enough people, but I do wish to play these folks sometime.

Dre_o
Jul 25, 2007, 10:36 PM
If you were on PC/PS2, I'd be GLAD to join you but...you're 360 soo.....

ljkkjlcm9
Jul 25, 2007, 10:39 PM
it really appears PSOW 360 people are more tightly wound than PC/PS2 PSOW

THE JACKEL

Kylie
Jul 25, 2007, 10:40 PM
Do I qualify as a PSOWer? I play with Espio and stuff. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif

Reginaldo
Jul 25, 2007, 10:43 PM
Elitism? In this game? NO WAI

AC9breaker
Jul 25, 2007, 10:47 PM
I'm usually on Universe 2, keeping it real, playing with everyone.

CelestialBlade
Jul 25, 2007, 10:48 PM
Dude, I'd love to join up with more people. What sucks is that my main is 70 and you need to be 75 to do any of the missions most people here are doing.

DEM_CIG
Jul 25, 2007, 10:48 PM
I would play with psow'ers but i dont feel like looking for any 1... in now one oerson who post on here but i never see that person on...

Davot
Jul 25, 2007, 10:50 PM
On 2007-07-25 20:48, Typheros wrote:
Dude, I'd love to join up with more people. What sucks is that my main is 70 and you need to be 75 to do any of the missions most people here are doing.

i hunt ragnus on PO hit me up

DEM_CIG
Jul 25, 2007, 10:50 PM
On 2007-07-25 20:48, Typheros wrote:

agreed my main is at 71 and its hard to find ppl to do de ragon s2.

Fox_Makenshi
Jul 25, 2007, 11:00 PM
I'd love to play with any of you guys from PSOW once I get back Friday. Look for me Friday night. Most likely after 6 pm EST. If you see me say hi and give me your card and I'll most likely keep in touch. I think the main reason you might not be able to get certain people to party with you is because they have their own circle of friends that they always play with. I, fortunately or unfortunately, no longer do so I'll play with anyone who's tolerable.

Love,
Fox Makenshi

Sinue_v2
Jul 25, 2007, 11:16 PM
I hardly ever play with PSOworld people. The only people from here that I really associated with are imfanboy, Meria, Navi, and Foxix that I can recall. Might have played a few games with other members who I didn't know were members - not sure. Mostly I stick to random games since static parties tend to draw "teh drawmah".

but I have enough people I can play with, Guyver, ReoSoul, Atara9, Arisa, Slit, umm some female cast with japanese characters I can't type em here,

Are you talking about me?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/Sinue/XtremeCU.jpg

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2007-07-25 21:27 ]</font>

hainsaw3
Jul 25, 2007, 11:20 PM
If I'm not in the usual group of people I play with, I'll be happy to join you.

jayster
Jul 25, 2007, 11:38 PM
On 2007-07-25 21:00, Fox_Makenshi wrote:
I'd love to play with any of you guys from PSOW once I get back Friday. Look for me Friday night. Most likely after 6 pm EST. If you see me say hi and give me your card and I'll most likely keep in touch. I think the main reason you might not be able to get certain people to party with you is because they have their own circle of friends that they always play with. I, fortunately or unfortunately, no longer do so I'll play with anyone who's tolerable.

Love,
Fox Makenshi

I used to have 4 good friends that would always play missions with me but 2 got very greedy and they won't invite me to the party because they don't want me to get their rares :-/ (Even though one has a palette of S ranks, har quick, baji line and everything else she could possibly want)

But I'll be glad to play with you, I'll find you when you get back.

Fox_Makenshi
Jul 25, 2007, 11:40 PM
Alright cool, Jayster are you 360 or PS2/PC? jw b/c of your title. I'm PS2/PC by the way.

Love,
Fox Makenshi

Davot
Jul 25, 2007, 11:42 PM
am i ur new nobo? im not a leperchaun

P.S. he stole my look

jayster
Jul 25, 2007, 11:48 PM
oh sorry i'm xbox 360. bummer. lol and nobo is my nobo. you can be my davot? haha.

Aralia
Jul 25, 2007, 11:55 PM
Ehhhh...
I been tech leveling... screw everyone except a few close knit friends of mine.. 2 real life 1 in game...

I'm normally in some weird universe soloing de ragan s2... leveled my spells to 20 in A-S, and the tradition is holding true, I'm leveling them to 30 in s2. =p

I'll return to the random party scene once my spells are all 30 and I get my damn cati/power.... >.<

Davot
Jul 25, 2007, 11:59 PM
On 2007-07-25 21:48, jayster wrote:
oh sorry i'm xbox 360. bummer. lol and nobo is my nobo. you can be my davot? haha.

im no leperchaun...

Dj_SkyEpic
Jul 26, 2007, 12:06 AM
On 2007-07-25 21:55, Aralia wrote:
Ehhhh...
I been tech leveling... screw everyone except a few close knit friends of mine.. 2 real life 1 in game...
Hehe I'm similar.

Nai_Calus
Jul 26, 2007, 12:23 AM
I hide on a random uni either soloing random shit or doing two-person HSM runs with a friend or running with another friend at like five in the morning, but I'm on dialup and my highest character is L36 so nobody would want to play with me anyway. XD I'll get to a decent level... Someday.

I've played with Sounomi, Meira, Sjentjynal(sp) and Dhylec that I know of, pretty much all of whom I know from... PSO. >_>

Jakosifer
Jul 26, 2007, 03:15 AM
I have a few PSOW peoples cards, but only really talk to one of them, and that'd be the lovable toaster Gilliam. >_> (Not even sure if he posts here anymore though)

And I only have about what...5 good friends that I game with on here, thats more than enough for me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jakomay_07 on 2007-07-26 01:16 ]</font>

Midicronica
Jul 26, 2007, 04:02 AM
This is a suprise from the person who said he avoids the players from PSOW intentionally. Heh, I can't say much since I haven't played much, but I can speak for some of them since I'm actually part of Sychosis' running crew. I'll speak for myself, however...or when I'm party leader of the group..

The party is full.
We're S rank hunting.
We just don't want to play with you.

There you have it. S rank hunting? That's a silly reason, why can't I join? Well, we really like to avoid any bullshit from happening. We've all heard plenty stories of fucked up stuff happening to people. Also, in our running crew, we all decide on what we want and whenever that weapon drops it goes to one of the regulars based on the need/want. As for the last bullet, ....sometimes that's just the way it is.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadow_Moses on 2007-07-26 02:02 ]</font>

APEXi
Jul 26, 2007, 04:31 AM
i'm down for partying it up. need to take a break from all my failed solid power hunts

NewAgeRed
Jul 26, 2007, 04:34 AM
I think I'll solo the De Ragon on S2 tonight. uni 1 or 2, I'll name the party PSOW and the pass will be 1234. (I'm going to change the pass during boss fight)

So if any of you want to join me, do so. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

P.S.If I don't do the above, sorry.

Edit:I'm on the 360, If you're going to join me please bring scape dolls.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NewAgeRed on 2007-07-26 04:30 ]</font>

creativehope
Jul 26, 2007, 06:04 AM
I tried partying with psowers a few times and it didnt work out as planned. I'm willing to give it another go though, give time and location and I'm there. I am also on the 360

amtalx
Jul 26, 2007, 06:33 AM
For me, I met most of my PSOW friends before I even joined the forums. I've also been playing with the same group of people for years, so I'm almost always tied up in a party with them. I do like meeting new people though (met you a couple days ago jayster, haha.) If you want to go run somewhere, send me a mail and I'll pretty much do anything but Maggas if I'm not busy. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Mystil
Jul 26, 2007, 06:34 AM
Eh I made way too many enemies on this forum due to my "hate-goings".

I partied with bunnygirl(using Nana) the other day though(not saying who I was in that party).

And I got a couple of PSOW members on my xbox live friendlist. Unfortunatly though I've lost interest in playing on my 360.

Of course I'm always willing to party up with people, but yea..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mystil on 2007-07-26 04:35 ]</font>

Esufer
Jul 26, 2007, 06:49 AM
On 2007-07-25 20:14, jayster wrote:
I can't ever get parties with people from PSOW. I have many peoples card from this site and I send lots of messages but no one ever wants to party. They're always in some odd universe with locked parties and either don't respond or say they dont want anyone else to join. Why such tight circles?

exception to nobo of course http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jayster on 2007-07-25 20:15 ]</font>

Well, a few of us are hunting the Psycho Wand at the moment, but Parn, Tylor and I are often just running for money, and are always looking for more people.

Add my gamertag or joing psu.synbios.net and i'm sure we can sort something out. :]

DurakkenX
Jul 26, 2007, 06:57 AM
If you haven't met me that is your fault...i always stop and chat when running through and almost always switch to uni2 even though i lock my game cuz i like to solo a lot i also play in random parties.

I also have a number of peoples' cards from here at least 20 or 30...I'm simply not on at the same time, they are higher lvl, their party is full, or I'm hunting something, soloing for something. If I'm playing solo and someone messages me and I'm in the mood to party I'll go party with them...like wise if I'm in the mood to party and noone is on where I want to play I'll mail people... a lot of time this just doesn't match up.

I also solo a lot because I like to take my time and stop and go whenever i want, even inside a mission I'll just stop playing for 10+ minutes when I'm soloing and start playing freecell or watching tv or an anime on veoh or I simply am tired but feel like playing, but know I'm not in any condition too... so i solo, but as long as your willing to deal with that, which people aren't in most cases, I'll play with anyone...

Also I must say if I'm in a party...I'm all business unless a convo starts... I want to kill quickly and efficiently if the people I'm playing with don't interest me at all or i'm not in the mood to talk so when i party I'm either in a talkative mood or a get my mp and xp so do your god damn job mood ^.^ It's really sorta volatilely random lol

Anyways I'm not hard to find right now... uni2 CB- A-S2 in random games, or making my way there in locked S-ranked games...or in a S-rank Plains overlord game trying to get SPS...

Esufer
Jul 26, 2007, 07:06 AM
On 2007-07-26 04:57, DurakkenX wrote:
If you haven't met me that is your fault...i always stop and chat when running through and almost always switch to uni2 even though i lock my game cuz i like to solo a lot i also play in random parties.

I also have a number of peoples' cards from here at least 20 or 30...I'm simply not on at the same time, they are higher lvl, their party is full, or I'm hunting something, soloing for something. If I'm playing solo and someone messages me and I'm in the mood to party I'll go party with them...like wise if I'm in the mood to party and noone is on where I want to play I'll mail people... a lot of time this just doesn't match up.

I also solo a lot because I like to take my time and stop and go whenever i want, even inside a mission I'll just stop playing for 10+ minutes when I'm soloing and start playing freecell or watching tv or an anime on veoh or I simply am tired but feel like playing, but know I'm not in any condition too... so i solo, but as long as your willing to deal with that, which people aren't in most cases, I'll play with anyone...

Also I must say if I'm in a party...I'm all business unless a convo starts... I want to kill quickly and efficiently if the people I'm playing with don't interest me at all or i'm not in the mood to talk so when i party I'm either in a talkative mood or a get my mp and xp so do your god damn job mood ^.^ It's really sorta volatilely random lol

Anyways I'm not hard to find right now... uni2 CB- A-S2 in random games, or making my way there in locked S-ranked games...or in a S-rank Plains overlord game trying to get SPS...

Either that, or he plays on 360, lol.

Neith
Jul 26, 2007, 07:46 AM
I play with a small group of friends 90% of the time, so that's why I barely join anyone's games on PC/PS2. Occasionally I do get to play with people from here, but if my friends are online, I'm more inclined to play with them instead.

Also, people keep saying Hi when I'm afk http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Kaloa
Jul 26, 2007, 09:08 AM
I wouldn't say you're missing out on anything. The average PSOW'er spends 1-2 days capping their levels, followed by 4 months of sitting around in lobbies poking eachother's boobies.

Alkaar
Jul 26, 2007, 10:17 AM
Most of the time I party with 2 personal friends. Other times its the three of us along with some good in game friends.

It all depends on what everyone is doing. Rare hunting, money runs, experience runs, leveling photon arts or whatever else can be done.

But when all of us happen to be doing runs together, any S rank board or good slot that drops goes to the person that can benefit from it most with their character/class combo. Thats how we work. So next time we all party up, we can tackle a mission that much better/faster.

Sometimes when none of my friends are on, I'll shoot a message to my fellow PSOW'ers or happen to run into them in game and party up for runs. Just yesterday I ran into my buddy Theory. We tackled numerous Savaltus without mercy... or is it Savalti? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Its all good fun.

Almighty_Envy
Jul 26, 2007, 10:18 AM
Envy is so alone http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif

Im cold....

I play with one person from psow http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

I join random parties or solo http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

I have alot of psow'er cards but most are never on http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif

jayster
Jul 26, 2007, 10:30 AM
i dont know. I guess I just feel like pso-w is a good community and then when we're actually in game and I see someone from psoworld or see that they're online.. I GET A MAGICAL FEELING and want to play with them. Then I get rejected and the magical feeling along with the community feeling fades.

Esufer
Jul 26, 2007, 10:36 AM
On 2007-07-26 08:30, jayster wrote:
i dont know. I guess I just feel like pso-w is a good community and then when we're actually in game and I see someone from psoworld or see that they're online.. I GET A MAGICAL FEELING and want to play with them. Then I get rejected and the magical feeling along with the community feeling fades.

Because the Magical PSOW community tend to hang out on Synbios as it's easier for us. >_>

Notos
Jul 26, 2007, 11:10 AM
There is no PSOW community in game. It's the same back on PSO where you have pockets of friends.

ThEoRy
Jul 26, 2007, 11:23 AM
well, if you weren't as hard to capture as mewto........

DikkyRay
Jul 26, 2007, 11:28 AM
Lets see here,
the only PSOW ppl i hang out with were already in my circle of friends. And even then i rarely play with them.
Thats why i made my comic, so i could meet more PSOW-ers

Miyuki
Jul 26, 2007, 12:19 PM
I only play w/ a handful of PSOWers, but I run into plenty and be sure to say hello to them even though I haven't played with them. But most of the time I like to just solo - mainly cause I like to play at my own pace. But lately now that I'm on west coast time, it's a bit harder to find the people I used to run with.
But I would be interested in running with new people, and somehow managed to never boot anyone except Laia Martinez and other NPCs. PM me if anyone wants to meet up.

Sychosis
Jul 26, 2007, 01:08 PM
I guess this was brought on by our rejecting you last night? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

It's like Shadow_Moses has already said. We have a close knit group, some people even giving away their own S ranks for a friend. When doing money runs, there isn't much trouble with new faces. But when we're hunting for S ranks, you have to understand that we have a system where everything is claimed by someone in the group based on need/want like Shadow already said.

When someone asks to join, there are really only two options, get put at the bottom of the list for every item, likely meaning you won't be seeing any S ranks for a good long while, or GTFO. We usually don't even let people in at the bottom of the list. After all, having never played with you before, we have no way of knowing if you won't just take your board and split or if you'll actually give it up.

For example, having never played with Umberger before, and seeing as he is a Fortetecher, I'm not about to trust someone who is essentially a stranger with handing over something as rare as a Psycho Wand board. Even if I do think he is a nice enough guy. There are also people who say "Yeah, if it drops and I get it, I'm keeping it whether I can use it or not." and that doesn't exactly paint a pretty picture about "outsiders." Talk is cheap afterall, and simply telling us you're an awesome honest person won't cut it. As far as I know, PSOW doesn't do background checks :/

So in the interest of reducing e-drama, we let people know upfront that you either play with us and get nothing until we feel we can really trust you, or you can hit the road. I know it sounds harsh, but we're just trying to protect the people we play with, our friends, from some random shmoe coming in and taking the item they've been hunting for the past 5 weeks.

Like Esufer said, most of us hang around here: http://psu.synbios.net/index.php if you pal around with some people there during money runs or whatever and they can vouch for you, then we might give you a shot. Until then, try to catch us doing money runs is all I can tell you.

Davot
Jul 26, 2007, 01:13 PM
On 2007-07-26 11:08, Sychosis wrote:
I guess this was brought on by our rejecting you last night? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

It's like Shadow_Moses has already said. We have a close knit group, some people even giving away their own S ranks for a friend. When doing money runs, there isn't much trouble with new faces. But when we're hunting for S ranks, you have to understand that we have a system where everything is claimed by someone in the group based on need/want like Shadow already said.

When someone asks to join, there are really only two options, get put at the bottom of the list for every item, likely meaning you won't be seeing any S ranks for a good long while, or GTFO. We usually don't even let people in at the bottom of the list. After all, having never played with you before, we have no way of knowing if you won't just take your board and split or if you'll actually give it up.

For example, having never played with Umberger before, and seeing as he is a Fortetecher, I'm not about to trust someone who is essentially a stranger with handing over something as rare as a Psycho Wand board. Even if I do think he is a nice enough guy. There are also people who say "Yeah, if it drops and I get it, I'm keeping it whether I can use it or not." and that doesn't exactly paint a pretty picture about "outsiders." Talk is cheap afterall, and simply telling us you're an awesome honest person won't cut it. As far as I know, PSOW doesn't do background checks :/

So in the interest of reducing e-drama, we let people know upfront that you either play with us and get nothing until we feel we can really trust you, or you can hit the road. I know it sounds harsh, but we're just trying to protect the people we play with, our friends, from some random shmoe coming in and taking the item they've been hunting for the past 5 weeks.

Like Esufer said, most of us hang around here: http://psu.synbios.net/index.php if you pal around with some people there during money runs or whatever and they can vouch for you, then we might give you a shot. Until then, try to catch us doing money runs is all I can tell you.

since when do you do money runs?

Sychosis
Jul 26, 2007, 01:18 PM
On 2007-07-26 11:13, Davot wrote:

Many moons ago when I wasn't enslaved by my Psycho Wand lust http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif

Seeing as I haven't had to buy anything for a few months, I have 4.5 million on me with next to nothing to spend it on.

Tylor/Obsidian_Knight is in dire need of money though http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

DurakkenX
Jul 26, 2007, 01:19 PM
see sychosis i can't agree with that...I'm a perfectly nice guy, but if something I want drops and it comes to me...I'm not giving it up. Now if it's something i don't need I will, but if it was an SPS or 2 headed ragnus for example fuck that...as far as i am concerned all runs have equal chance and it doesn't matter how long you've been huntin... more than likely we've been hunting equal amount of time and saying "give up getting shyt till we like you enough" is just BS...I'm not saying if it drops and you get it you should give it to me, but don't expect me to give you an item that i get that i want in the same run...Afterall YOU need to earn my trust as well. How do I know that I'm gonna even get another item "eventually" or if I'm being used in the same way that your trying not to be used.

I agree with what you are saying...i just think you are forgetting the opposite is true of the person coming in ^.^

Also not all PSO-Wers are close knit as there are some people i'd never play with based on personality while others I've played with and don't want to play with them again, but think they are ok on the site...

and finally... BANANA

Davot
Jul 26, 2007, 01:22 PM
On 2007-07-26 11:18, Sychosis wrote:

On 2007-07-26 11:13, Davot wrote:

Tylor/Obsidian_Knight is in dire need of money though http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

me 2 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Miyoko
Jul 26, 2007, 01:46 PM
I'll play with anyone who asks. Just send me a PM and setup a time http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Sychosis
Jul 26, 2007, 01:46 PM
On 2007-07-26 11:19, DurakkenX wrote:
see sychosis i can't agree with that...I'm a perfectly nice guy, but if something I want drops and it comes to me...I'm not giving it up. Now if it's something i don't need I will, but if it was an SPS or 2 headed ragnus for example fuck that...as far as i am concerned all runs have equal chance and it doesn't matter how long you've been huntin... more than likely we've been hunting equal amount of time and saying "give up getting shyt till we like you enough" is just BS...I'm not saying if it drops and you get it you should give it to me, but don't expect me to give you an item that i get that i want in the same run...Afterall YOU need to earn my trust as well. How do I know that I'm gonna even get another item "eventually" or if I'm being used in the same way that your trying not to be used.

I agree with what you are saying...i just think you are forgetting the opposite is true of the person coming in ^.^

Also not all PSO-Wers are close knit as there are some people i'd never play with based on personality while others I've played with and don't want to play with them again, but think they are ok on the site...

and finally... BANANA

Yeah, two drops in back to back runs is not out of the question, but when you hunt for weeks on end only to see the item you want go to someone who is going to sell it, its a real morale breaker. We do realize trust is a two way street as well. That's why we turn people away to prevent the e-drama from occurring. I personally feel that a simple rejection is better than dragging someone along on the off chance we find 3 Huge Cutter boards in a run so they can get one. It just doesn't feel right having someone along for the ride that gets jack diddly. But when it comes down to close friends vs guy I've never met before, close friends win :/

If people want to play differently, more power to them and I hope it goes well. If I have nothing better to do and you ask for help, then we can play by your rules. Until then I'm afraid that if you want in to our party, you have to play by ours.

JAFO22000
Jul 26, 2007, 01:48 PM
I'm just an greedy, elitist asshole.

DarkEliteRico
Jul 26, 2007, 02:00 PM
cause i'm a snob, i like playing with people i've grown to like over time. finding new people or some of the people from the forums you take a gamble: some are stuck up, some are still noobish, some are just number crunchers. You never know what kinda goody bag your gonna get, i'll keep with my fab 5 and reach out every now and then.

EspioKaos
Jul 26, 2007, 02:01 PM
On 2007-07-25 20:40, Kylie wrote:
Do I qualify as a PSOWer? I play with Espio and stuff. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif

Yeah, you qualify. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Aside from Kylie, I've also played games with ChaosAngel92 (funny story on how we each realized the other was a member here when we'd had each other's cards for a long time), Jonathan_F (had some great discussions while playing) and back when the game first came out, I remember playing with Foxix (I think) a few times. I know I've played games with other folks from here, I'm just bad at remembering names sometimes. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

-Rune-
Jul 26, 2007, 02:04 PM
Most people should know I'm always looking for more people to play with, or even just chat with from pso-w. Most of the time I get pulled aside and ask "hey are you the same Rune from pso-w?" <3

If you see me, lemme know who you ar and les have some fun xD Al my pso-w friends are priority 3.

DurakkenX
Jul 26, 2007, 02:05 PM
I stick by what I said about drops in PSO... Self > Friends > Party > trades > clans > random idiot... when it comes to who gets rares... with the fact i don't have friends in game that i play with that takes out that tier ^.^ so it's easy for me to do...

But yeah, that's the only thing I'd say...it drops and i get, i'm not giving it up if i need it, but i'm not gonna complain or beg for it or anything cuz if the situation was reversed i'd do the same ^.^ and trust me i know the pain of losing drops to random people i let in for a single run ^.^ It always happens to me lol

DurakkenX
Jul 26, 2007, 02:13 PM
On 2007-07-26 12:01, EspioKaos wrote:

On 2007-07-25 20:40, Kylie wrote:

Yeah, you qualify. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Aside from Kylie, I've also played games with ChaosAngel92 (funny story on how we each realized the other was a member here when we'd had each other's cards for a long time), Jonathan_F (had some great discussions while playing) and back when the game first came out, I remember playing with Foxix (I think) a few times. I know I've played games with other folks from here, I'm just bad at remembering names sometimes. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

lol i think i've played with you espio, not sure though as there are at least 3 or 4 other Logan's running around...

just off the top of my head... I've played with, itsuki, johnathan_F, ryuki, ian-kun, deedlet, icespike, phearoz, vanhalen, shimarisu, a lot of the importers, and at least a dozen more... used to play with fuzzy logic as funny as that seems on PSOBB and played with a number of other people that i don't get along with many more that post on these and the official forums ^.^ it happens when you have a lot of play time over the the 6 years of online PS games with such a small community.

Esufer
Jul 26, 2007, 02:13 PM
Yeah, but Durrakken, what you're not getting, is that us lot on 360 who play together frequently have pretty much a code where if someone needs it, they get it. Like if I got a Psycho Wand, it'd go straight to Sychosis, and I'm sure he'd do the same with whatever rarz i'm lusting after that week. What's the point in getting a rare you're not even going to use? So you can sell it for money? No point if you ask me, money comes easily enough, and it's a lot harder to make dependable friends than it is money.

DurakkenX
Jul 26, 2007, 02:16 PM
On 2007-07-26 12:13, Esufer wrote:
Yeah, but Durrakken, what you're not getting, is that us lot on 360 who play together frequently have pretty much a code where if someone needs it, they get it. Like if I got a Psycho Wand, it'd go straight to Sychosis, and I'm sure he'd do the same with whatever rarz i'm lusting after that week. What's the point in getting a rare you're not even going to use? So you can sell it for money? No point if you ask me, money comes easily enough, and it's a lot harder to make dependable friends than it is money.

no no you aren't getting what I'm saying...Only thing i really care about are things I can use...and by that I mean what I currently want to use more so than what I can use cuz with that I can use far more than what I give a damn about getting...like svaltus sword...i can use it, don't care to get it, if i do it's only going to be used for trading to get something i want, but if someone in the party can use it they can have it.

Esufer
Jul 26, 2007, 02:17 PM
That's what I said.

DurakkenX
Jul 26, 2007, 02:21 PM
no, you said i don't get it...i said i do...sometimes it's easier just to not explain v.v

Esufer
Jul 26, 2007, 02:26 PM
Yeah, but you said I didn't get it, and then you reiterated exactly what I said.

You win the prize.

What I was saying that Friends > Myself when it comes to rares.

What you're saying is Yourself then MAYBE friends if they have something you need.

Starrz
Jul 26, 2007, 02:27 PM
HAY GUYZ CN I B IN UR CLIK

DurakkenX
Jul 26, 2007, 02:28 PM
No I'm saying screw you if it's something i want and can use, but other than that you can have it...If you give up something you can use, and want then that's just dumb as it benefits you just as much if not more your friend...unless your friend plays more...then i guess it benefits your friend more

beatrixkiddo
Jul 26, 2007, 02:29 PM
I solo with 6 computers set up via keyboard macros.

Esufer
Jul 26, 2007, 02:30 PM
On 2007-07-26 12:28, DurakkenX wrote:
No I'm saying screw you if it's something i want and can use, but other than that you can have it...If you give up something you can use, and want then that's just dumb as it benefits you just as much if not more your friend...unless your friend plays more...then i guess it benefits your friend more

That's what I...

Nevermind.

Your sheer retardation wins this round if only via attrition.

beatrixkiddo
Jul 26, 2007, 02:34 PM
That's how he wins all of his arguments.

DurakkenX
Jul 26, 2007, 02:40 PM
your way of saying makes no sense as giving up something that benfits you, even for a friend just is not logical nor is it natural ^.^ so i wouldn't say that...

either you are understanding wrong or speaking wrong or you are saying that you are doing something unnatural...in which case calling me retarded doesn't make logical sense... oh well.

and i don't win all wars by attrition i win with the power of bananas so http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Sinue_v2
Jul 26, 2007, 03:08 PM
See, this kind of shit is exactly why I don't rare hunt. I just play the game to have fun, and care fuck-all about anything that drops. Set the game to random and if it comes to me - it comes to me. If not, no biggie. I don't even keep the rare stuff I DO get half the time. Like last night I was doing a HSM B run with Dhylec and two randoms. We split up in Temple 2 and I get the hidden sample. In one of the boxes was a Coperina, or a Rubinad or Oplad - not sure. I think it was like the only rare to drop in that game. Anyhow, I wasn't leader so the drops were set to finder. I pick it up, and as I'm coming out I notice Dhylec is still getting the other sample and hitting the switch. So I grab the keycard, drop the synth material by the door, and head out to deal with the Fire Ageetas. I don't even know if he picked it up.

I did that with a CreaSaud board I found the other day too on another HSM B, but I don't think I was with anyone that time who would be here to vouch for it. Regardless, anyone who plays with me regularly knows that I have a tendency to do that. Especially around friends.

The way I see it, my peenor is big enough in real life. I don't need some fancy piece of e-bling to compensate or impress a bunch of people I don't even know online.

Maverynthia
Jul 26, 2007, 03:34 PM
I don't think I've ever partied with people from PSOW before, however I think people here trust each pther because:

"I know where you post!!"

Thus they can always come here and be like "DRAMAZ!! He stolz mai wandz!"

DaRkWoLf30
Jul 26, 2007, 04:04 PM
Find me, And i will play.

Aralia
Jul 26, 2007, 04:42 PM
On 2007-07-26 13:08, Sinue_v2 wrote:
The way I see it, my peenor is big enough in real life. I don't need some fancy piece of e-bling to compensate or impress a bunch of people I don't even know online.

Ah, but e-bling can make the user feel better.
I only collect S-ranks that I like.

Like... I'll never use storm, no matter how good it + stormline gets... But I <3 my ice crea doubles cause it reminds me of twin brand.
Halp serafi goes with my character's back-story, and Uransara is just an amazingly beautiful piece of equipment.
Meteor cannon is one of 3 lasers I actually like... and bazga is just ballin'
and Kohi I keep mostly cause I <3 the <3 bow lol
Though I doubt I'd ever use huge cutter.. it's so awkward.. but Svaltus sword is another story.
Skella, hon, and igga are amazing looking, even if I rarely use fists.
I love claws undeniably.. but I hate the 10 and 11* ones except bear claws *currently synthing them atm http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif thx to gen2k for the last morbinia I needed.
and likewise with all the other s ranks.. if I dislike the look, I won't use it. if I like it... well.. I'll hunt it.

DikkyRay
Jul 26, 2007, 04:46 PM
Dhy was on last night?
DAMMIT. Missed you AND him

Realmz
Jul 26, 2007, 05:14 PM
On 2007-07-26 14:04, DaRkWoLf30 wrote:
Find me, And i will play.

when you're not busy with the lesbian sex with hatsu XP

i met all the PSOW people i play after comming back in the middle of firebreak. Just found them on random missions so do them and make friends!

Ebram
Jul 26, 2007, 05:54 PM
I've found some cool peeps to party with on uni 15, but I spend most of my time in uni 2, where everybody else is.

Sinue_v2
Jul 26, 2007, 06:42 PM
On 2007-07-26 14:42, Aralia wrote:
Ah, but e-bling can make the user feel better.
I only collect S-ranks that I like.

Like... I'll never use storm, no matter how good it + stormline gets... But I <3 my ice crea doubles cause it reminds me of twin brand.
Halp serafi goes with my character's back-story, and Uransara is just an amazingly beautiful piece of equipment.
Meteor cannon is one of 3 lasers I actually like... and bazga is just ballin'
and Kohi I keep mostly cause I <3 the <3 bow lol
Though I doubt I'd ever use huge cutter.. it's so awkward.. but Svaltus sword is another story.
Skella, hon, and igga are amazing looking, even if I rarely use fists.
I love claws undeniably.. but I hate the 10 and 11* ones except bear claws *currently synthing them atm http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif thx to gen2k for the last morbinia I needed.
and likewise with all the other s ranks.. if I dislike the look, I won't use it. if I like it... well.. I'll hunt it.

Yeah, but none of that shit is worth being a prick over. None of it is needed to enjoy the game. Now don't get me wrong, I'm all for being a prick online for the lulz. But at least there's a certain honor behind someone who's a prick for the sake of being a prick, rather than someone who tries to hide behind pretenses.

Now, I'm not calling out anyone in particular in this thread or forum. But over the last seven years of PSO and PSU, I've run across more than my fare share of people who kiss ass to your face, and will stab you in the back as soon as it's prudent for them. Anyone who's been here any length of time has seen threads about this situation - usually stemming from tight knit groups of friends who stick together when they rare hunt to avoid that very situation.

Me? I'd rather just not limit who I play with. At least then, the pricks are more visible and you know right where they are and you can just avoid them without being embroiled in drama.

Dhy was on last night?
DAMMIT. Missed you AND him

Well it was more like early morning. Late night for me is around 8 am.

Mystil
Jul 26, 2007, 06:52 PM
Come to think of it, I used to party with Maximuslight(spelling) but I think he's quit now.

DarkShadowX
Jul 26, 2007, 06:56 PM
I pretty much play with anyone as long as I get along with them on some level. Tho mainly I'm with ppl I've played with since the beginning which include a few PSOWers, Rizen(before he went to 360), Parn(also went to 360), Para a.k.a Ayane, and February who I see occasionally online. I have a few other PSOW member cards tho the only ones I can recall are Tomeeboy's, Meira's, Shiroryuu's, I believe I have Deja's too, and Ryna's(who I pt with every now and then). Otherwise, as I said, mainly with ppl I've played with from the beginning, but I'm always up for a good party with anyone as long as I have fun with it, so if you happen to see me online, hit me up.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarkShadowX on 2007-07-26 19:17 ]</font>

APEXi
Jul 26, 2007, 07:35 PM
i'd rather play with squiggly name people on uni16.. >.>; but after i get these last few bullets to 21 i'll go back to trying to find a decent group. been invited to a couple, but dont want to drag and make a bad impression by trying to also level bullets at the same time. been.. 2-3 months since coming to 360 from PC, no in-game friends, but almost have one character on par w/ it's PC counterpart

Sekani
Jul 26, 2007, 08:31 PM
On 2007-07-26 12:40, DurakkenX wrote:
your way of saying makes no sense as giving up something that benfits you, even for a friend just is not logical nor is it natural ^.^ so i wouldn't say that...

What the hell....

KidoKresh
Jul 26, 2007, 08:36 PM
I would play with you but im not gonna be here for the next 2 weeks, for today (July 26th) im gonna be doing an all nighter so if you are on Xboxlive at around 9:15pm PST send me a friend request and i'll play with you.

Kairi_Li
Jul 26, 2007, 08:39 PM
On 2007-07-26 18:31, Sekani wrote:

What the hell....

Obviously someone who doesn't understand what true friendship means.

I hate to see how he treats his significant other, if he even has one at all.

Alot of people will give up something that benefits them as well for their own friends. Being friends is about helping one another, sometimes over your own comfort or what you want. Friendships and relationships require certain sacrifices or else you will lose people you wanna hang with or people you love.

His attitude is that he will give something up for a friend, but ONLY if he doesn't need it. Which can be kinda selfish if he knows what his friend has been hunting for.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kairi_Li on 2007-07-26 18:40 ]</font>

Ryno
Jul 26, 2007, 08:52 PM

MAJOR LOLOLOL.. no i'm not laughing at you.. i'm laughing because it happends to me as well...

You're not the only one Jayster..

I have been turned down by some PSO-world 360's friends

that is why I made a topic in Rant. a while back

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=145236&forum=11&20

Today was ... oh i just cant say it.. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

but it's psu related

McLaughlin
Jul 26, 2007, 09:02 PM

It's called not being an asshole, and is perfectly natural to many people.

Now, I'm not going to single anyone out, but people who want to join our group need to play by our rules. If you tell us that if the weapon we've been hunting relentlessly drops and goes to you, and you're going to keep it for shits and giggles (in some cases weapons you can't currently and likely never will use), you can't honestly expect us to let you tag along.

In our group, we always make an "order" for rares. It just so happens that in Sleeping Warriors, I got first dibs on a Svaltus Sword, Sychosis got first dibs on the Psycho Wand, and Darius (doesn't go here) really wants a Huge Cutter. Would it really be fair to drag someone along, knowing full well there's nearly no reward for coming? (Unless they're planning on being a prick and running with the rare should it go to them).

And Ryno, MayLee asked you to party with her, and you turned her down in favor of soloing. Why you're complaining about being turned down is beyond me.

DurakkenX
Jul 26, 2007, 10:08 PM
If a friend wants you to give up something you need, they are not a friend. Of course you really don't "need" anything in this game...so it's a bit of a diff scenario, but to say that friendship is about giving up things for them is a dumb to think. Friendship is about MUTUAL trust, respect, and understanding. It has nothing to do with sacrifice, but sacrifice is sometimes there... Although if you sacrifice something you need you are an idiot, when it's something you want that's a different story.

obsidian...noone ever said taking shyt just for the hell of it... I'm talking taking what is given to you by random or set in order and not giving it up when it's something that you can use and want...I'm not gonna give up something that i want just cuz a friend wants it and it's mine. That's dumb. That's like saying if you buy a 100" HDTV and your friend comes over and is drooling all over it and says he wants it, and you give it to him...yeah that makes sense... You know that TV prolly takes less time to afford than it takes to find some of the rares in this game, it makes little sense to give them up equally.

MayLee
Jul 26, 2007, 10:41 PM
What Obsidion is trying to say, dear, that basically if someone wants in in someone's party they MUST obide by their rules, correct? The first person who had gotten a call on an item has to get the item. Sychosis calls for the Psycho wand there for he gets it. Then it's my turn to get it. Darius wants the Huge Cutter so he gets it first then it's Omega's turn. Obsidion wants the Sword so he gets it. I think it's fair don't you?
Which in Sychosis's party he is leader and he sets the ground rules. If he is hunting for something he truely wants and others in his party want something els and another person wants to join they basically have to fill a imagionary contract in the group.
THOU SHAL NOT BREAK THE RULES OF THIS PARTY!

If the leader says what goes in his party and you don't like it, you're more than welcome to leave. The item distribution is set in orderso we can all get our fair share in nice materials. I've actually gone over this whole idea with a lot of friends and they don't see what's so bad about it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MayLee on 2007-07-26 20:45 ]</font>

McLaughlin
Jul 26, 2007, 10:46 PM
On 2007-07-26 20:08, DurakkenX wrote:
If a friend wants you to give up something you need, they are not a friend.

There's a difference between being forced to give it up and being a friend and giving it up of your own accord.

"Hmm...who needs this more? Macross does? Then I'll give it to him."

Of course, in our group, we have a "line-up" for things.

"Cool! A Huge Cutter! So, Darius got first dibs on it? Well then here you are, buddy 'Ol pal."

The rest of my post was directed to people who know who they are, and not to you specifically.

PALRAPPYS
Jul 26, 2007, 10:49 PM
Agh. A thread on friendship and s-wank hunting? Oh, interesting.

I've noticed I've been soloing a lot lately. Unfortunately, almost all of my friends just happen to be ForteTechers. GUESS WHAT THAT MEANS EVERYBODY? All the S ranks I want my friends want too. So, if they tag along they say, "Oh yeah I want the Uransara/Shi-Kikami w/e." If I could bring a Fighgunner along, we could say, "I'll have the Uransara and Shi-Kikami; you can Deva Zashi and Fuka-Misaki's ok?" Unfortunately... it doesn't work that easily.

And I tend to be drifting away from playing with PSOWers in game it seems. I'm too boring and have nothing to say. It's too quiet when I'm in a PSOW party. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif Well there's a few I party with seldomly, some I party with more than others. But still, at least I haven't met anyone on PSOW360 that I could say I disliked.

And Jayster, drop me a msg over XBL. I'll do runs with you. All you have to do is ask!

omegapirate2k
Jul 26, 2007, 10:53 PM
Clearly none of you read my post.

-dis-
Jul 26, 2007, 10:54 PM
I think the real mistake is assuming there is such a thing as a general group of pso-worlders. There are several groups of players who frequent this board, but they aren't more than that.

You might want to play with some of the louder personalities here, and that's cool. Just don't be surprised when they tell you they have friends and "hunts" that are already going on. And, to tell you the truth, a lot of them aren't even good players. Just loud personalities with teenage lackeys.

Don't confuse playing on Uni 15 with being friendly and non-clanish. Being there doesn't make them representatives of this board.

Rashiid
Jul 26, 2007, 11:01 PM
i play w/ Jayster; Abby/Ryu; Lan; and Ryno. alot. and a few others

there the only real friends i have on this game (and 3 others)

everyone else h8's me. never msg me; never inv me; so i ignore em now.

its always 'im helpin *blah blah* find sumthing'

never a 'wanna help?'

and other lame/BS excuses why i cant join.

and the few FEW times i join the other PSOWers (yall know who you are) they ignore me the entire run.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rashiid on 2007-07-26 21:04 ]</font>

MayLee
Jul 26, 2007, 11:06 PM
On 2007-07-26 21:01, Rashiid wrote:
i play w/ Jayster; Abby/Ryu; and Ryno. alot. and a few others

everyone else h8's me. never msg me; never inv me; so i ignore em now.

its always 'im helpin *blah blah* find sumthing'

never a 'wanna help?'

Actually I help whenever I am needed. If someone Messeges me and says, "Hey MayLee I need your help in doing a run!" Then I'll help. If I turn your offer down it's usually because someone had already asked for help and or I am in the middle of something.

If you ask for an invite you're most likely might get one but I cannot read your mind if you don't ask.

Also, I beleive I had asked you to join some of my parties before.

-Tidus_415-
Jul 26, 2007, 11:07 PM
>_>

Someone help me search for Crea Doubles until the servers go down

<_<

MayLee
Jul 26, 2007, 11:09 PM
On 2007-07-26 21:07, -Tidus_415- wrote:
>_>

Someone help me search for Crea Doubles until the servers go down

<_<

LOL I highly doubt we'd find it. I was searching all this morning.

Also..wonder if we find it and...and the servers go down on us before we pick it up? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif I'd so cut myself.

omegapirate2k
Jul 26, 2007, 11:15 PM
On 2007-07-26 21:09, MayLee wrote:
I'd so cut myself.

You mean you don't already?

And, lemme see here:

Quoted for massive truth.

MayLee
Jul 26, 2007, 11:20 PM
No, I cut Sychosis! Havn't you read my gamertag motto? Sheesh..>.>

Sekani
Jul 26, 2007, 11:21 PM
Most people become pretty cliquish when it comes to S-rank hunting. I myself have a few sets of people I run with almost exclusively. Certain weapons/armors/units are hard enough to find without the added worry of the drop going to a total stranger (who probably will just sell it).

-Tidus_415-
Jul 26, 2007, 11:21 PM
Also..wonder if we find it and...and the servers go down on us before we pick it up? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif I'd so cut myself.

I hope not. Im doing some runs right now. >_>

Rashiid - I still need your card :| Come to the 4th floor right now (Universe 1) if you can.

DikkyRay
Jul 26, 2007, 11:22 PM
We need a huuuuuge psow event. Im not talking a get together, an olympic event, a lame party by some lame fortefighting newman.
I mean a huge ass, every fucking psow member needs to come party. That way, wewt, we meet all our psow friends.

Except that would never happen, so we gotta stick to those events where the same 20 or so people go to

Rashiid
Jul 26, 2007, 11:22 PM
On 2007-07-26 21:06, MayLee wrote:

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif nope. never.

Davot
Jul 26, 2007, 11:26 PM
[/quote]the only people im tight with are nobo and lan. my msg always get ignored

MayLee
Jul 26, 2007, 11:27 PM
On 2007-07-26 21:22, Rashiid wrote:

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif nope. never.

I could have sworn asking you to join us in some Rainbow Beast runs and we also did some runs in Moatoob in Desert Goliath with your Bullet Master. Yep, that was you alright. o.O

Rashiid
Jul 26, 2007, 11:27 PM
On 2007-07-26 21:21, -Tidus_415- wrote:

Rashiid - I still need your card :| Come to the 4th floor right now (Universe 1) if you can.

gimmie.....30min. ill be there (ur unless u wanna meet up sumwhere else)

im stayin up all night till update is done.

plz tell me ur doin Groves S2 lol cauz im stayin there till i get a bow.

my zonde will own tha worlddddddddddddd!!!!

Davot
Jul 26, 2007, 11:29 PM
On 2007-07-26 21:27, Rashiid wrote:

On 2007-07-26 21:21, -Tidus_415- wrote:

gimmie.....30min. ill be there (ur unless u wanna meet up sumwhere else)

im stayin up all night till update is done.

plz tell me ur doin Groves S2 lol cauz im stayin there till i get a bow.

my zonde will own tha worlddddddddddddd!!!!

if my hand gets better ill get my muktrand and possibly help kick adahnas ass?

Rashiid
Jul 26, 2007, 11:30 PM
On 2007-07-26 21:27, MayLee wrote:

On 2007-07-26 21:22, Rashiid wrote:

I could have sworn asking you to join us in some Rainbow Beast runs and we also did some runs in Moatoob in Desert Goliath with your Bullet Master. Yep, that was you alright. o.O

i remember desert goliath; thats the mission i was completly ignored in.

rainbow beast i was declined; Sycosis was all liek 'were finding Maylee a Uransara'

never respondede after.

MayLee
Jul 26, 2007, 11:34 PM
[quote]On 2007-07-26 21:30, Rashiid wrote:

rainbow beast i was declined; Sycosis was all liek 'were finding Maylee a Uransara'

never respondede after.

[/qoute]

I don't remember that but I do remember sending you an Xbox messege asking you to come play in Neudaiz and the only people there were Sekani me and Darius and I beleive Macross might have been there too

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MayLee on 2007-07-26 21:34 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MayLee on 2007-07-26 21:36 ]</font>

-Tidus_415-
Jul 26, 2007, 11:35 PM
Yeah sure ill do Groves S2 with you. Ill pretty much do any of the new S2's tomorrow because I need a huge break from Linear Line...lol

Davot
Jul 26, 2007, 11:36 PM
*a hay bale rolls by,the contenders ready for combat*

Rashiid
Jul 26, 2007, 11:38 PM
i would have gladly joined.

liek if yall are on now; id gladly do runs. idc what runs; since i got an s rank and im happy.

jayster
Jul 26, 2007, 11:38 PM
On 2007-07-26 21:15, omegapirate2k wrote:

I'd so cut myself.

You mean you don't already?

And, lemme see here:

Quoted for massive truth.

lol yeah that was a part of what sparked this.

The problem isn't that I don't agree with you. If you're exclusivly hunting for something and have rares pre determined, that's completely fine. The problem is I have a mind set that everyone is like me and thinks like me. Where they obey the rules set down and are respectful to others wishes, and when I get a response like "sorry but someone is paranoid about their rare so you can't join." It frusturates me because I don't understand why someone wouldn't trust me. I know this is a forum and people can't always be trusted just because they post here. But I'm so used to making deals with strangers and deals with friends, that I think other people will just assume the same as me. Example, I partied with this random kid who wanted me to help him solo dessert terror to find a gudda skela, bil axe or other fortefighter weapon. I told him alright and he agreed I could have any S rank gun drops. We didn't find anything but I still assumed he would give me the gun if we had found one and I knew 100% I would give him the weps if we found one.

Sinue_v2
Jul 26, 2007, 11:39 PM
I mean a huge ass, every fucking psow member needs to come party. That way, wewt, we meet all our psow friends.

The get-togethers lately have been pretty lame, but the early ones were pretty massive events. Also, I don't think I'm welcome at those anymore. Though it was pretty fun trolling the last one I was at. As said, it's a great oppertunity to get everyone together into one place so I could blacklist all you sons of bitches in one fell swoop.

I didn't have the PC version at the time, so I didn't get to take any screencaps. Tho I did poach this little nugget from somewhere. That was near the very end, there were like 10x that many people there earlier - clogged almost all of Parum West.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/Sinue/blochbergerpsu019.jpg

Rashiid
Jul 26, 2007, 11:41 PM
On 2007-07-26 21:34, MayLee wrote:

never respondede after.

[/qoute]

I don't remember that but I do remember sending you an Xbox messege asking you to come play in Neudaiz and the only people there were Sekani me and Darius and I beleive Macross might have been there too

honestly; last party i ever remember me and you in at tha same time was when you were Lv 48....on ur 1st Maylee. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

jayster
Jul 26, 2007, 11:44 PM
On 2007-07-26 21:41, Rashiid wrote:

On 2007-07-26 21:34, MayLee wrote:

never respondede after.

[/qoute]

honestly; last party i ever remember me and you in at tha same time was when you were Lv 48....on ur 1st Maylee. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

speaking of dessert goliath, S2 tomorow!!! woot.

Davot
Jul 26, 2007, 11:47 PM
[/quote]

lol yeah that was a part of what sparked this.

The problem isn't that I don't agree with you. If you're exclusivly hunting for something and have rares pre determined, that's completely fine. The problem is I have a mind set that everyone is like me and thinks like me. Where they obey the rules set down and are respectful to others wishes, and when I get a response like "sorry but someone is paranoid about their rare so you can't join." It frusturates me because I don't understand why someone wouldn't trust me. I know this is a forum and people can't always be trusted just because they post here. But I'm so used to making deals with strangers and deals with friends, that I think other people will just assume the same as me. Example, I partied with this random kid who wanted me to help him solo dessert terror to find a gudda skela, bil axe or other fortefighter weapon. I told him alright and he agreed I could have any S rank gun drops. We didn't find anything but I still assumed he would give me the gun if we had found one and I knew 100% I would give him the weps if we found one.

[/quote]just like when im hunting with guyver and insomniac they get all else if a giga/skill drops thats all i get if 2 drop i only need 1.the problem here is trust.scychosis knos if i got a certain item *wink,wink*id give it ,not to be a welcome part of the group,but because i have no need or real desire/want for it.(and to save his wrists).thats the 1 problem about this great community TRUST!

DikkyRay
Jul 26, 2007, 11:51 PM
On 2007-07-26 21:39, Sinue_v2 wrote:

The get-togethers lately have been pretty lame, but the early ones were pretty massive events. Also, I don't think I'm welcome at those anymore. Though it was pretty fun trolling the last one I was at. As said, it's a great oppertunity to get everyone together into one place so I could blacklist all you sons of bitches in one fell swoop.

I didn't have the PC version at the time, so I didn't get to take any screencaps. Tho I did poach this little nugget from somewhere. That was near the very end, there were like 10x that many people there earlier - clogged almost all of Parum West.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/Sinue/blochbergerpsu019.jpg

Im talking one that i actually go to XDBut it seems that we have run out of ideas for get togethers. (olympics? come on people)
Might as well come out with "Hey lets see who has the most cash". Id rather see the latter than the olympics

Sinue_v2
Jul 27, 2007, 12:06 AM
lol, special olympics.

Dee dee dee!

Sychosis
Jul 27, 2007, 12:08 AM
On 2007-07-26 21:30, Rashiid wrote:

never respondede after.

You mean the Desert Goliath run where you were typing the whole time and we were talking with you the whole time? Yeah, I remember THAT run. Not this imaginary "everyone ignored Rashiid" run.

And if I decline to go with you to someplace OTHER than Rainbow Beast because we were looking for MayLee's Uransara, I'm sorry, but we had already promised to find her one seeing as it was the only S rank techer weapon she could use, being human and all.

And just for the record jayster (since omegapirate is a pretty lousy messenger) I wasn't "paranoid" abou the Psycho Wand, I was "paranoid" about the two sword drops that our friends already claimed. The one who was with us doesn't even come to PSOW and has little idea about who you are. Seeing as I've never played with you, I couldn't honestly say "Yeah, jayster is cool, saved my life in 'Nam" or anything :/

Rashiid
Jul 27, 2007, 12:15 AM
5+ ppl in party = lagg. so i had to type.

TheLOLBandit
Jul 27, 2007, 12:16 AM
well im playing right now and i need a 4th person to HSM so we can get an S
if your interested were at at neudaiz guardians branch in universe 27
oh and we are on the 360 if you play that version

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheLOLBandit on 2007-07-26 22:17 ]</font>

Sychosis
Jul 27, 2007, 12:17 AM
Not saying that it's a bad thing that you type, I personally don't care whether you type or talk. Just that you know that we were responding to what you typed. Maybe you couldn't hear us? I dunno.

Davot
Jul 27, 2007, 12:21 AM

Rashiid
Jul 27, 2007, 12:29 AM
i dispise that mission.*

*remebers bruce missions

Rashiid
Jul 27, 2007, 12:33 AM
On 2007-07-26 22:17, Sychosis wrote:
Not saying that it's a bad thing that you type, I personally don't care whether you type or talk. Just that you know that we were responding to what you typed. Maybe you couldn't hear us? I dunno.

i heard everyone.

maybe i wasnt paying attention; (musiq was blasting at tha time)

but i felt ignored tha whole time....

Dj_SkyEpic
Jul 27, 2007, 12:36 AM
On 2007-07-26 21:51, DikkyRay wrote:
Im talking one that i actually go to XDBut it seems that we have run out of ideas for get togethers. (olympics? come on people)
Might as well come out with "Hey lets see who has the most cash". Id rather see the latter than the olympics

On 2007-07-26 22:06, Sinue_v2 wrote:
lol, special olympics.

Dee dee dee!

A get-together is a get-together. Doesn't matter what kind of name you put on top of it.
It was my idea to make an event with something to do and my friend's idea about naming it with the layouts of the event since there hasn't been a practical gathering in a while.
You don't want to be going to an event just to sit around and wait for people to take pictures of you.
In my opinion, that's hella' boring.
...But ya. Just come to our events (360's's Holy Light Festival by Ryno and PC/PS2's Game gathering) and meet with people, grab some cards, make friends, and become less insecure about each other. Then you can play with all your buds in PSOW or just get more friends if you can't play with specific ones.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2007-07-26 22:37 ]</font>

TheLOLBandit
Jul 27, 2007, 12:40 AM
On 2007-07-26 22:29, Rashiid wrote:
i dispise that mission.*

*remebers bruce missions

lol take it or leave it

Rashiid
Jul 27, 2007, 12:45 AM
LoL 15min till server downage!

im at tha Shikon Tanze Route now =]

Sychosis
Jul 27, 2007, 01:04 AM
On 2007-07-26 22:33, Rashiid wrote:

On 2007-07-26 22:17, Sychosis wrote:

i heard everyone.

maybe i wasnt paying attention; (musiq was blasting at tha time)

but i felt ignored tha whole time....

I distinctly remember during the fight with Maggas that you shouted "My future SUV weapon!" and I thought you were talking about losing your SUV weapon. Then I realized you might have been saying that Maggas himself would be your future SUV weapon. It was all rather confusing and I was laughing to myself after thinking about it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

SolomonGrundy
Jul 27, 2007, 01:05 AM
Regarding rares: during the week of 3 luck, I pretty much solo'd. I think this will slowly change as ppl get the s ranks they want so badly. That will take a few months though.

Regarding playing wit PSOW'ers in general. I am always pleased as punch to play with one. And I've played with everyone from Parn, to Phetty (and that's just the 'P's!), and have almost everyone's cards. Typically, if there is room, and a mutual desire to do a mission, or just pal around, it's easy to find PSOWer who feel the same (props to Sharky, Octagon, and Maylee, who are particularly friendly and fun and easy to be around).

Regarding Sy's clan. Played with 'em. Happy to help them find rares. I understand when they cannot/don't want to let me join - hey, it's Thier Time Too. If I HAD to make a single complaint them would be thay they are so close, and have so many inside jokes, that I feel out of the loop, and in some cases, the butt of thier joking (even if they don't mean it). I still enjoy running with them, when our paths cross.

Sychosis
Jul 27, 2007, 01:18 AM
On 2007-07-26 23:05, SolomonGrundy wrote:
and have so many inside jokes, that I feel out of the loop

A very good point. We do have a lot of inside jokes. A lot of them are edgy. Since most of us are minorities we do make a LOT of racial jokes and poke fun at stereotypes. Thankfully none of them are serious and we all have a good laugh. It's hard to gauge just how someone is going to react to them so when playing with someone we don't know the tolerance level of, the game takes on a bit more of a serious mood.

Not that we feel that others are cramping our style or anything, we just don't want to cross any lines while we get a sense of how certain people react, you know?

Hyda for example, has adapted pretty quickly to a lot of our jokes. So we feel a bit more comfortable being ourselves around him. Well, for me and Sion anyway http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Davot
Jul 27, 2007, 01:20 AM
On 2007-07-26 23:18, Sychosis wrote:

A very good point. We do have a lot of inside jokes. A lot of them are edgy. Since most of us are minorities we do make a LOT of racial jokes and poke fun at stereotypes. Thankfully none of them are serious and we all have a good laugh. It's hard to gauge just how someone is going to react to them so when playing with someone we don't know the tolerance level of, the game takes on a bit more of a serious mood.

Not that we feel that others are cramping our style or anything, we just don't want to cross any lines while we get a sense of how certain people react, you know?

Hyda for example, has adapted pretty quickly to a lot of our jokes. So we feel a bit more comfortable being ourselves around him. Well, for me and Sion anyway http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

i lol'd at the Wu Tang Clan party http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

beatrixkiddo
Jul 27, 2007, 01:21 AM
I was under the impression that this is all Voice Chat was used for: http://tinyurl.com/2gokqz

ThEoRy
Jul 27, 2007, 01:21 AM
[b]On 2007-07-26 23:05, SolomonGrundy

(props to Sharky, Octagon, and Maylee, who are particularly friendly and fun and easy to be around).

ThEoRy
LVL UP!!
PSOW Props +1

DurakkenX
Jul 27, 2007, 01:29 AM
the fashion shows are somewhat fun...funner for judges though i think as some would say. There will be another on pc/ps2 in the next 2 months and there is always new people coming to it with at least 30 people and been as many as 50 just pulling from PSOW... the next one will be posted on the official forums as well. So there may be more... 30-50 may not seem like a lot but there's only like 600 or so ppl on to begin with so that's like 1/10 of the player base and when you think about that it's humongous.

I'm also think about having a comedy show of some sort maybe and a treasure hunt event of some sort.

Also...I think some people may have the wrong idea about me with the whole argument...I gotta remind you that all these events are being completely funded by me and I'm not too high a lvl right now...That's right i give away 40+ A-rank or higher items every time i do these events so really calling my singy or whatever is kinda dumb ^.^ Andd I agree with sychosis' group's idea for the most part, but a few small details i just cant because they are dumb looking from the inside out but it works for them so whatever works ^.^

as far as the PSOW community in general with those who have the "louder" personalities... or are more notable...for the most part they...i geuss i should include myself in this as well...are importers and play both or have their own groups or own play styles which is precisely why they are loud/notable in the first place and more than likely you aren't going to play with them much. I'm friends with Brightstar and Itsuki, but I've played with them only like 2 times on the US ver cuz they just aren't on it much. While the 360 players that post on here that are notable have their own groups that work so why change it...and as far as myself i'm too eclectic or come off as ass to play with most people ^.^ They either piss me off or i piss them off so it's better to stay away lol

If you want to meet and play with more PSOWers you just need to befriend them for the most part... it's not like most of them are keeping you out or anything like that... they just have shyt that they are doing...like giving me moneys cuz i be sticking them ups!

Sychosis
Jul 27, 2007, 01:29 AM
On 2007-07-26 23:21, beatrixkiddo wrote:
I was under the impression that this is all Voice Chat was used for: http://tinyurl.com/2gokqz

Like XBL, I'm sure Vent has a multitude of non stupid uses http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

-Tidus_415-
Jul 27, 2007, 01:30 AM

LMAO!

Davot
Jul 27, 2007, 01:36 AM

wow!LOL

-Tidus_415-
Jul 27, 2007, 01:39 AM
That Alidore guy is there 24/7 bothering people lol. Everytime I go to the 4th floor in Uni 1 to go do some Crea Doubles Runs I see him!

Retehi
Jul 27, 2007, 01:42 AM

LOL, what the hell?

Jakosifer
Jul 27, 2007, 01:47 AM
On 2007-07-26 23:30, -Tidus_415- wrote:

LMAO!

Indeed.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jakomay_07 on 2007-07-26 23:48 ]</font>

Rashiid
Jul 27, 2007, 01:49 AM

XD XD XD

Gryffin
Jul 27, 2007, 01:54 AM
On 2007-07-26 23:47, Jakomay_07 wrote:

On 2007-07-26 23:30, -Tidus_415- wrote:

LMAO!

Indeed.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jakomay_07 on 2007-07-26 23:48 ]</font>

Hahahahahaahaa, niceeeeeee.

And just to let people know, I usually don't turn down a request to party, unless I'm tech leveling, meandering, or involved in a clan function...

Besides, the only PSOW/Player alike, I party with ALL the time, is Basi... and that's only 'cause he's my best friend in real life, and I trust him with my weapons, armors, picnic supplies, cookies, account, life, ect.. ect... ect....
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

APEXi
Jul 27, 2007, 01:58 AM
teamspeak/ventrilo also gives you classics such as this:http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=d22_1182298161&p=1
P.S. I HATE KIDS

DurakkenX
Jul 27, 2007, 02:21 AM
Those parents in that clip a duche bags "do you know how much your mother has put into your whatever and you don't care" if if a kid doesn't care about what your making a fuss over...you obviously didn't do it for them v.v the kid has a point too...it's not the game the seperates families it's the attitude towards... seriously the kid went from asking for a bit more time, to an argument the parents are listening to, then a grounding for stating his case, and then to being apparently physically abused. i the parents perhaps played the game (like they're supposed to do as good parents) they'd understand why he didn't want to get off right then and there.

/rant >.>

ummm yeah nothing more to add...anyone got moneys they want to give me?

Reginaldo
Jul 27, 2007, 02:34 AM
I used to party with Kylie, dunno what happened with that haha. I talk to Ryuki fairly often and I've partied with The Jackel quite a bit.

Other then that if you haven't heard of me you're either guilty of playing only in locked games you you probably hate me without knowing me seeing how everybody in this game likes to gossip about others.

That and I actually speak in lobbies to people that address me, I've seen people try to talk to certain PSOW people and they just ignore them like it isn't another person behind a keyboard just trying to be friendly.

It takes two to tango.

APEXi
Jul 27, 2007, 03:09 AM
On 2007-07-27 00:21, DurakkenX wrote:
Those parents in that clip a duche bags "do you know how much your mother has put into your whatever and you don't care" if if a kid doesn't care about what your making a fuss over...you obviously didn't do it for them v.v the kid has a point too...it's not the game the seperates families it's the attitude towards... seriously the kid went from asking for a bit more time, to an argument the parents are listening to, then a grounding for stating his case, and then to being apparently physically abused. i the parents perhaps played the game (like they're supposed to do as good parents) they'd understand why he didn't want to get off right then and there.

/rant >.>

point is, fucking kid left his mic keyed during the whole thing. come to 360, see how many douches like to breathe heavily and cough into theirs
. HILARIOUS!! BOOOOOOT!!! /RANTX2

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: APEXi on 2007-07-27 01:11 ]</font>

APEXi
Jul 27, 2007, 03:09 AM
WTF MATE

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: APEXi on 2007-07-27 01:10 ]</font>

Zael
Jul 27, 2007, 03:35 AM
I play with PSOW sometimes but I'm almost always partying with the PSU IRC clique http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zael on 2007-07-27 01:35 ]</font>

Esufer
Jul 27, 2007, 05:15 AM

They're not so much jokes, as we flame the shit out of each other endearingly. Last time I was in a party with Darius, every 4 seconds he'd go "ouch." No matter what Tylor or I said. XD

DurakkenX
Jul 27, 2007, 05:20 AM
On 2007-07-27 01:09, APEXi wrote:

/rant >.>

point is, fucking kid left his mic keyed during the whole thing. come to 360, see how many douches like to breathe heavily and cough into theirs

oh i know that...i stopped playing the 360 demo after listening to an idiot that ate chips the entire 15 minute mission and didn't say anything nor did he turn off the mic...thats what i want to hear "crunch crunch crundh" for 15 minutes and on PSO xbox people would play their music super loud all day long and sit in the lobby doing nothing.

Esufer
Jul 27, 2007, 05:23 AM
Guide button -> Mute player!

OH LAWDY, IS THAT SOME RAWKET SCIENCE?

APEXi
Jul 27, 2007, 05:25 AM
no fuck that - boot.

and now im back on pc

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: APEXi on 2007-07-27 03:25 ]</font>

creativehope
Jul 27, 2007, 05:52 AM
On 2007-07-26 18:52, Ryno wrote:

MAJOR LOLOLOL.. no i'm not laughing at you.. i'm laughing because it happends to me as well...

You're not the only one Jayster..

I have been turned down by some PSO-world 360's friends

that is why I made a topic in Rant. a while back

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=145236&forum=11&20

Today was ... oh i just cant say it.. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

but it's psu related

I think that this is related to me somehow.
If it is then I do apologize. I hate rejecting people to parties that I am in but I am never leader in these parties
maybe I should start my own parties, then i wouldnt have this problem

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: creativehope on 2007-07-27 03:54 ]</font>

Hyda
Jul 27, 2007, 06:01 AM

I don't think I'll ever forget that night, I couldn't stop laughing after that...I don't think Sion could either lol.

Turbobrain
Jul 27, 2007, 06:24 AM
On 2007-07-25 20:26, Umberger wrote:
Most people are hunting their S rank weapons now, so they may just want to play with people they know they can trust.

This is so true.... I know A LOT of people on PSU I like but it's a shame that greediness can sometimes do bad things to people so it's like that phrase'trust everyone just not the devil inside them'.

I duo A LOT with a friend... I know I can trust because I pay for the account on my card... lol. We used to party on PSO. Our intention is to create a character on every race on both sexes me male, her female. That way we always get the edge on luck:) Besides we're not race fanboys, Newmans are great but Beats, Casts even Humans are great to.... sorry of on a tangent.

On the subject of clique-ness, I dont think ppl here are like that at all. I will say that I party with the same people as not only do I trust them but they share my sense of humour, and know how to play well. They are also great people to party with. I mean on the subject of trust... my friend found a Sori/Tech Charge... I was like WOW, so they let me borrow it when they played their alt... how MANY people could you trust like that in your circle? I also leant my Halarod and Bearclaws to a friend to see if they-d like it. I tell you friends like these are hard to come by on PSU, there are a lot of scammers and jerks out there. The other thing is that when your seriously grinding away at a mission it does get annoying when people cant play as a team and do their job(and I'd recommend everyone try another class/race just to see what its like for the others!).

If your on the PC/PS2 version then look me up.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Turbobrain on 2007-07-27 04:26 ]</font>

Mystil
Jul 27, 2007, 07:02 AM
On 2007-07-27 03:20, DurakkenX wrote:

/rant >.>

oh i know that...i stopped playing the 360 demo after listening to an idiot that ate chips the entire 15 minute mission and didn't say anything nor did he turn off the mic...thats what i want to hear "crunch crunch crundh" for 15 minutes and on PSO xbox people would play their music super loud all day long and sit in the lobby doing nothing.

YEs my first experiences on Xbox Live while playing Tenchu Z assured that it would also be the only time I'd use it. I'm too old to be arguing with little kids who randomly blurt out annoying insults ~_~.

-dis-
Jul 27, 2007, 08:16 AM
Great, it's resolved.

The OP wants to be in a clan, but has not done what it takes to join the clan.

Can a mod rename the thread, "How do I get in Psychosis' Clan?" and then close it?

APEXi
Jul 27, 2007, 08:24 AM
On 2007-07-27 05:02, Mystil wrote:

On 2007-07-27 03:20, DurakkenX wrote:

/rant >.>

YEs my first experiences on Xbox Live while playing Tenchu Z assured that it would also be the only time I'd use it. I'm too old to be arguing with little kids who randomly blurt out annoying insults ~_~.

let us not forget the chodes that sing along to that music in the backround. i dont get it, it must be really goddam hard for some people to switch a lil lever back n forth. probably dealing with the same people who fail to cover the mouth when the cough and chew with it closed.

Sychosis
Jul 27, 2007, 08:49 AM
On 2007-07-27 03:15, Esufer wrote:
They're not so much jokes, as we flame the shit out of each other endearingly. Last time I was in a party with Darius, every 4 seconds he'd go "ouch." No matter what Tylor or I said. XD

That's because being British is like a never ending burn in itself http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<3

MayLee
Jul 27, 2007, 09:41 AM
Oh my god, you guys really make me laugh reading your" OMFG XBOX 360 VOICE CHAT ALWAYS HAS LITTLE KIDS ON IT"

Hey, here is an idea..Instead of crying about it solve the problem by muting them. Problem solved. Leaves your mic all nice an silent . You guys don'r know how babyish you sound complaining about voice chat. It's not a bad thing you know, there are idiots everywhere you go even in real life I wonder how you act if there is sokeone in the same room as you're in and doing the exact same thing as people do in xbox live.

Ryna
Jul 27, 2007, 09:43 AM
I'm locking this thread since it has gone sufficiently off-topic.