PDA

View Full Version : Hey, umm.....is there "Rp" in this???

Anonymus
Jul 26, 2007, 10:42 AM
First of all, for all those peep's who don' know what "Rp" is, it a abreviation for "Role-Playing". yes, ima big fan of it, in fact, i'm the only Gal' that i know that role-plays. but anyways, just let me know if there is anyone out there interested,mmkay? Oh yeah, im in PC/PS2 servers, and i can't play at the moment due to no guardian's licence, but later today or tomarrow i shall be on, i already have a character becuase i've played before. but besides the point, if your a RP fan, lemme know. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

jayster
Jul 26, 2007, 10:46 AM
I think I heard bunny girl say somewhere that she does role playing. I can't remember thouhg.

Anonymus
Jul 26, 2007, 10:50 AM
Hmm.....mmkay, ill look her up then! thaks for the info! =3

JAFO22000
Jul 26, 2007, 10:54 AM
You forgot the "o".....

beatrixkiddo
Jul 26, 2007, 11:00 AM
A non e-muss?

Aluria
Jul 26, 2007, 11:02 AM
When/if I get on, I'll be more then happy to role play with you. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

DikkyRay
Jul 26, 2007, 11:22 AM
theres also the whole "Role playing action" in fan works.

Sio
Jul 26, 2007, 01:07 PM
I love RP, it used to be much more common in PSUs early stages, unfortunatly since Sega didnt act fast enough on preventing hacking juring the tme, a large portion of those players left. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif This was for ps2/pc, look me up if you are on ps2/pc side, I have a few friends here and their that are still looking for some rp fun.

Garnet_Moon
Jul 26, 2007, 01:33 PM
I tried to RP, but apparently "lol" and "brb" is shunned on.

Which is odd because I say them and other internet abbreviations IRL, and nobody gives me the cold shoulder. A weird look from time to time, but never a cold shoulder.

Blah to RPing.

Miyoko
Jul 26, 2007, 01:50 PM
I roleplay when I can. I do so frequently out of game, too. </nerd>

Almighty_Envy
Jul 26, 2007, 02:49 PM
Bah i hate Rping =/

No offense to anyone who does, i just cant seem to get all that interested in it =/

mrlion
Jul 26, 2007, 02:51 PM
Eh what the hell? I'll RP, just let me know where you're gonan be at.

Jife_Jifremok
Jul 26, 2007, 03:00 PM
The areas of this star system that we're allowed to roam are barren wastelands inhabited only by us GUARDIANS, the robotic shop vendors and the ghosts that disappear when we get near them. There is no government, the guys in charge seldom make appearances for us, the pub has been dry for nigh unto a year, and when we do missions for someone they seem to need it done again even after successful completion. Really, all we have to do to keep from going insane is to repeat these missions, purge the SEED that just keep coming back, and socialize in the few areas that we are allowed to be in. I say we've been caught in some strange dimensional rift that's a part of some nasty experiment. Either that or the Gurhal system really is a barren wasteland...

Is this really a tine to be "Role-playing"?...have you gone insane or are you just trying to avoid insanity?

Sinue_v2
Jul 26, 2007, 03:15 PM
Tried it once, but it just got stupid. Couldn't even finish a run because everyone was stopping dead in their tracks to talk bullshit or found every single rock and tree "terribly interesting" I have a basic framework of stories cooked up about my characters - but that's as far as it goes.

Jife_Jifremok
Jul 26, 2007, 03:22 PM
On 2007-07-26 13:15, Sinue_v2 wrote:
Tried it once, but it just got stupid. Couldn't even finish a run because everyone was stopping dead in their tracks to talk bullshit or found every single rock and tree "terribly interesting" I have a basic framework of stories cooked up about my characters - but that's as far as it goes.

Hey, that sounds a lot like Phantasy Star IV!

*stops to search something*
There doesn't seem to be anything interesting here.
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Prima
Jul 26, 2007, 03:35 PM
Rp'ing is okay I guess, but this game doesnt have much flexibility for anyone to really Rp at this time.

Akaimizu
Jul 26, 2007, 03:46 PM
I find it has quite a bit of flexibility. It's really up to the user as to the frequency of their speech bubbles, when they do. For me, I try to work in the clever balance of using in-character lines from time to time, but not being so wordy about it (during missions) to obscure the fighting we need to do. Too much can be too much, so in general, I try to maintain that balance.

Now my weapon choice, and fight style, also kind of fit the character; but more so because I chose the character and did my best to find the class that best suits that character and how they might play out.

There are plenty of things that can come out of it. One, a little personal input to the story making it more personal for you. (You have to admit, everybody's favorite RPG stories are ones that say something to them, personally) This is one way to do so. On the other hand, it must be a character that *speaks* to you in order for you to get the most enjoyment from it. Otherwise, you'll tire from it very quickly.

On the other hand, having character tendancies also create avenues for *upgrades* based on their character. Always interesting to know your next goals because your character wanted it that way. How you work around that to make the most out of it, is part of the adventure.

Heck, if it wasn't for Rp; I wouldn't be able to make the claim that I was among the first ever Guardians (at least for the Westerners) to claim to have all 21+ Twin Handgun bullets, across the types. Though with rising popularities of *used to be* very unpopular class combinations and my lowered online time, I might not be the first to have them all at 30. Still, because my character's backstory has Twin Handguns as a crucial plot and character device, I made it my own personal quest to really learn as much nitty and gritty about Twin handguns, in this game. What gameplay aspects they may entail.

Kind of like how a Fighting game nut works to have intimate knowledge about a single move from their favorite character. So they may know every little property of it and how those timing/hitbox properties might have changed from sequel to sequel.

So knowing the basis of my character would have a Twin Handgun aspect. Much of my other weapon choices were based on other weapons which worked around them; complimented them in ability and function, and filled out the aspects of a Guntecher that the Twins alone don't cover for. Being the daughter of a well-known Animal Tamer at the circus; and finding out a bit about monster manipulation, I figured that was a good way to go, in some of my choices. It's also a big basis of why she's going to sub as an Acrotecher.

Both character and playstyle combine to what my idea of fun is.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-07-26 14:03 ]</font>

Prima
Jul 26, 2007, 03:59 PM
I mean the lack of individuality from other players for you to Rp and be different, aka the low amount of s-ranks, the lil bit of PA's, and limited character customization.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Prima on 2007-07-26 14:01 ]</font>

DaRkWoLf30
Jul 26, 2007, 04:00 PM
I use to RP but i've stopped lately, If you can find me and ask me to i might.

Akaimizu
Jul 26, 2007, 04:07 PM
On 2007-07-26 13:59, Prima wrote:
I mean the lack of individuality from other players for you to Rp and be different, aka the low amount of s-ranks, the lil bit of PA's, and limited character customization.

Never really noticed that, actually. Took me no time to craft 2 characters that are entirely unique to this game. No matter what server you look at. To tell the truth, I've played quite a few games where the individuality is even lesser, but the backstory and way they played out (character-wise) was the big difference. FFXI. For where I played a mithra thief. Now that's in a game where you almost have no choice but to look almost like hundreds of others and get lost in the crowd. Not to mention, unlike this game, you pretty much are goaded to pick exactly the same kind of set of armor and armaments depending on your level. Otherwise, you'd have party issues even worse than picking a class that isn't the *everybody wants one* class.

If I could craft a character with strong characterisms and backstory in a setting like that; there's a whole lot of room to discover in other games, like this one.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-07-26 14:08 ]</font>

Freshellent
Jul 26, 2007, 04:09 PM
On 2007-07-26 13:46, Akaimizu wrote:

Kind of like how a Fighting game nut works to have intimate knowledge about a single move from their favorite character. So they may know every little property of it and how those timing/hitbox properties might have changed from sequel to sequel.

This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-07-26 13:51

Ah,that brought a tear to my eye. Such truth.
Long live Johnny's Ensenga! 8 frames of perfection.
A overhead,and untechable monster of a move.

All my characters are based on a nerdy little fan fic I've been recycling for years. At some point it will surface here on Fanworks. (Prolly in December)

If you hadn't guessed I really like my characters. I spent a long time tuning the appearance, playstyle, to their written world counterpart. I'm quite proud of them.

Emrald
Jul 26, 2007, 05:15 PM
I RP....heavily....

LS_Aksion
Jul 26, 2007, 05:31 PM
MORPG - Multi Online Role Playing Game
RP - Role Playing

Its all the same but why cant i resist the urge playing! xD

Sinue_v2
Jul 26, 2007, 06:56 PM
lol... speaking of roleplaying (http://www.se7en-x.com/yarhump/)...

DikkyRay
Jul 26, 2007, 07:07 PM
Ah hahahaha

Esufer
Jul 26, 2007, 07:12 PM
On 2007-07-26 16:56, Sinue_v2 wrote:
lol... speaking of roleplaying (http://www.se7en-x.com/yarhump/)...

Don't step into Silvermoon after 11pm. :[

HUnewearl_Meira
Jul 26, 2007, 09:39 PM
Role Playing does in fact exist on PSU, and I've made a nearly futile effort to organize it, starting with this sticky (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=128569&forum=12) in Fan Works (http://www.pso-world.com/viewforum.php?forum=12). You are encouraged to write about your adventures and post them there.

KidoKresh
Jul 26, 2007, 09:55 PM
Me and friends I've met on PSU Rp all the time but they aren't online right now. ;.;