PDA

View Full Version : deciding which sword to buy (360)

Darkly
Jul 26, 2007, 11:22 AM
i have recently gained around 400k in which i aim to buy a longsword, now my question is which weapon would be better:

most caliburns i have seen have very low percentages around 10-14%, and no grinds making an attack power of around 730, usually for 400k, , so either a caliburn or:

26% fire hanzoc grinded 6 times to make an attack power of around 700, also for 400k,now the hanzoc does sound like the better buy but i heard kubara weapons have a pa reduction.

so im now wondering does the fairly high precentage hanzoc still beat the caliburn or does the pa reduction make it weaker dispite its percentage ?

beatrixkiddo
Jul 26, 2007, 11:26 AM
Yes, Kubara knock-offs (the ones ending in -c; I'm pretty sure Kubara's own unique enemy weapons don't suffer this) have a 10% damage reduction for PAs.

As for which is doing to do more... it depends on your own ATP.

(Your ATP + sword's Att) * (1 + (ele%/100)) = effective ATP, on monsters weak to the element.

Also, PAs modify ATP, so I think you would go by the modified amount shown in the sword's status window for those (but you don't actually possess the two swords in question to check that ;/)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: beatrixkiddo on 2007-07-26 09:27 ]</font>

Darkly
Jul 26, 2007, 11:32 AM
ok so in order to work this out, does the pa increase the power of (my ATP+weapons att) and then is this number increased by the weapons elemental percentage ?

beatrixkiddo
Jul 26, 2007, 11:35 AM
The PA modifies your ATP+the weapons att, and yes, you take THAT total and then you add the elemental % factor.

I think. >.>

I'm pretty sure.

majan
Jul 26, 2007, 11:38 AM
I do not reccomend getting a kubara melee weapon.the 10% reduction seems a little generous.my suspicion is that its a bit higher.

I did 15-25 less damage with 20% fire al sevacs grinded fource(4) with 262 atp than i wsas doing with 18% fire ryo-slasha's with like 188 atp or so.

go with the weapon YOU KNOW will output better damage.elemental %'s talk more than atp though,so if you have a 34% 7* you are potentially buying,I can almost guarantee you it will be doing more damage than a 9* weapon with anything less than 16%,I'd think.

I could be wrong,i havent sat down and done any math on this,but that's my guess.

better element=better damage,period.that talks way more than the rarity and att. of the weapon itself.

Darkly
Jul 26, 2007, 11:38 AM
right then i think it means the hanzoc is the winner, it also looks cooler anyway lol so i think my problems solved thanks.

you say the pa reduction is greater than 10%?

i think i'll try the hanzoc and compare it with my friend

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Darkly on 2007-07-26 09:41 ]</font>

majan
Jul 26, 2007, 11:47 AM
On 2007-07-26 09:38, Darkly wrote:
right then i think it means the hanzoc is the winner, it also looks cooler anyway lol so i think my problems solved thanks.

you say the pa reduction is greater than 10%?

i think i'll try the hanzoc and compare it with my friend

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Darkly on 2007-07-26 09:41 ]</font>

excellent idea,compare it.however,if you are dissatisfied with the weapon which you probably will be,unfortunately,I will not be held accountable for a missing 700k or so that you said you were about to spend.and yes I think the pa reduction on kubara melee weaps might be a ltitle more than just 10%.like I said up there,it seems strange that I did a significant 15-25 less damage with a weapon that had almost 80 more atp,and 2% more element.then again,that could just be how it effects the splendor crush multipliers and whatnot.maybe they arent all the same,but my stint with kubara melee weapons ended very quickly.

for the record,hanzoc hardly looks any different than the caliburn,friend.