PDA

View Full Version : How many people care about Dambarta/Whiteout-of-DEATH visual

Wallin
Jul 26, 2007, 04:20 PM
I'm just curious about this spell, because when I first saw someone else use it I thought it was really cool, and then I realized what it looks like past 20... or at least I would know what it looks like if I could see anything...

Against fire mobs I spam it, but in groups I also generally use it for a second or two to tap for experience since it's my widest range spell right now (I try to tap with Foie but it takes forever, and using a bow seems kind of lame and un-Force-like). Sometimes I also tap with my unleveled Damfoie since that's easy on the eyes, but the range is obviously much smaller.

I know some people loathe it, some people make comments about it in-game (usually just joking... I think...), so I just wanted some feedback on it.

Gemel
Jul 26, 2007, 04:23 PM
I've only been whited out by it one time and it was my fault for runnig through the dambarta to get behind the monsters to use dambarta, I really dont see it as a problem.
It might be for others if they dont rotate the camera.

Lyrix
Jul 26, 2007, 04:23 PM
i despise it on my bad PC or my PS2 cuz it slows everything down x.x

Xaeris
Jul 26, 2007, 04:24 PM
I find it annoying, but not so much to the point where I'd ask someone not to use it. However, any fT that uses that thing against deljabans needs to get smacked upside the head. Megid dodgeball is fun enough as it is at close range, thanks.

Mayu
Jul 26, 2007, 04:24 PM
yeah It kills my PC <.<

I usually ignore it though

Sekani
Jul 26, 2007, 04:25 PM
I can't blame techers for using dambarta a lot since it's very effective against groups of small enemies, but the white-out effect is seriously annoying. I wish they'd change the animation on it.

Mayu
Jul 26, 2007, 04:27 PM
all though I do hate the techers

WHO CONTINUE TO YOU USE IT ON ICE MOBS <.<

Para
Jul 26, 2007, 04:29 PM
On 2007-07-26 14:27, Ryuugu-Rena wrote:
all though I do hate the techers

WHO CONTINUE TO YOU USE IT ON ICE MOBS <.<

qft.

If you can't see re-position your camera lol

A2K
Jul 26, 2007, 04:30 PM
In all honesty, I think it looks a lot cooler at LV11-20, with the "growing crystal" effect it has. The ice at LV21+ just sorta... appears there.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2007-07-26 14:31 ]</font>

Retehi
Jul 26, 2007, 04:38 PM
IT'S THE BEST THING EVER IN HALLWAYS ON BAD RESOLUTIONS

http://apocalypse-tribe.com/rdfox/psu42.jpg

SStrikerR
Jul 26, 2007, 04:41 PM
i agree with a2k. cooler 11-20.

and ive never been whited out XD.

Wallin
Jul 26, 2007, 04:44 PM
Seriously. I try to use it as little as I can, and always from the side or behind the monsters so that it doesn't get in my group's face as much. I really wish they would change it and make the ice crystals more/completely transparent or something. I feel more guilt from that when I use it in groups than when my PMs tell me "This tastes kind of stale..." a million times.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wallin on 2007-07-26 14:45 ]</font>

Mystil
Jul 26, 2007, 04:46 PM
I don't care myself. Makes it easier for me to hit monsters from behind.

DikkyRay
Jul 26, 2007, 04:47 PM
OMG I BOOT CUZ U UES DAMNBARTA!

Finae
Jul 26, 2007, 04:52 PM
Eh, tbh, if you're looking for faster runs, dambarta is the way to go. If I wanna go slow or lvl a tech, I'd use rabarta. So really, I don't care as both a melee and a force. I'm used to it. Essentially, dambarta is the "tornado dance" of techs, but most ppl I party with don't care because it does so much damage and most mobs are frozen by the time I'm done.

If you hate the 21+ one, wait till the 31+ one. You will hate dambarta more than you do now. Sega did have to give a downside to dambarta since it is one of the best effective techs there is. But i don't care, I'll continue to use it. It kills mobs fast and I guess I'm a nub for using it, oh wellz http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif.

Aralia
Jul 26, 2007, 04:52 PM
As a techer, I dislike it... it covers the screen keeping me from seeing my party or the enemies...
I use it, but only when it's beneficial...
Like with a bunch of distovas charging at me... I'll dambarta them to stop/kill them.

I'm a bigger fan of rabarta and gibarta honestly... (this coming from a PSO force, because PSU gibarta = PSO rabarta.)
Most times, I'll just use rabarta though.

CelestialBlade
Jul 26, 2007, 04:53 PM
Bugs the hell out of me when some fTs decide to use it on EVERYTHING, but I can handle the occasional whiteout.

Wallin
Jul 26, 2007, 05:00 PM
I don't like Rabarta as much because personally I seem to have trouble targeting it (it also didn't help that I never really leveled it), but I haven't used it in a really, really long time, so maybe I would like it more now. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

I would probably also have a stronger attachment to other spells if I had Me/Quick, which is why Foie is such a pain for tapping.

Shiryuu
Jul 26, 2007, 05:01 PM
I don't mind it. I like the white... this game is too easy anyways...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v84/Shiryuu/PSU/white.jpg

Neith
Jul 26, 2007, 05:05 PM
On 2007-07-26 14:24, Xaeris wrote:
I find it annoying, but not so much to the point where I'd ask someone not to use it. However, any fT that uses that thing against deljabans needs to get smacked upside the head. Megid dodgeball is fun enough as it is at close range, thanks.

Dambarta totally stops Deljaban packs from doing anything. It flinches them and freezes a lot. Besides, if you're a fT, you barely take any damage from Deljaban Megid anyway. Maybe when we get Hive S2, that'll change, but as it stands, I use Dambarta against them.

panzer_unit
I don't mind. I can always back off and shoot into the whiteout. I'd think the people who suffer worst from it are the techers casting it...
can't see damage numbers, no idea if they're hitting anything or not once they get started. i guess they know to stop doing it when XP numbers go up.
can't see enemies, no idea what's coming at them through the whiteout... fun stuff like diga, kamatozes, de ragan in one awesome case..
nobody else can see, so they ignore enemies in the whiteout... the techer automatically aggros everything they're hitting (see above)

Prima
Dambarta/Megid/Foie/Diga are very boring, but every other technic sucks terribly, ST needs to fix that.

Wallin
Jul 26, 2007, 05:06 PM
On 2007-07-26 15:05, UrikoBB3 wrote:
Dambarta totally stops Deljaban packs from doing anything. It flinches them and freezes a lot. Besides, if you're a fT, you barely take any damage from Deljaban Megid anyway. Maybe when we get Hive S2, that'll change, but as it stands, I use Dambarta against them.

Ah, yes, that's the other reason I like Dambarta, the stun effect. Unfortunately Damfoie doesn't have that, and I haven't leveled my Damdiga at all.

Xaeris
Jul 26, 2007, 05:14 PM
On 2007-07-26 15:05, UrikoBB3 wrote:

Here's the scenario I'm talking about. Some deljabans spawn. Okay, no problem. I run up to them and make with the knock ups, while keeping an eye on the one at the back of the pack while it shambles its way on over. The fT runs up right next to me and starts using Dambarta. Okay, no problem- oh snap, did I just hear a Megid go off? Damn, which one shot it?! Where is it coming from?

See, I'm sure this is no bother to a fT with their easy mode MST, however, the rest of us don't have the luxury of being unaware as to where potential Megids will be coming from.

Normally, I just stay the hell away from the Dambarta, but it is irritating that I have to halt my attack to reposition myself.

LS_Aksion
Jul 26, 2007, 05:14 PM
well, all depends on what type of person is using dambarta.

a team player would be casting it then hitting like 3 times then stops.

a non-team player would keep on holding the button & keep blinding.

well, its kinda irrelavent but ah well! its just a game afterall! Enjoy it! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Wallin
Jul 26, 2007, 05:17 PM
On 2007-07-26 15:14, LS_Aksion wrote:
well, all depends on what type of person is using dambarta.

a team player would be casting it then hitting like 3 times then stops.

a non-team player would keep on holding the button & keep blinding.

well, its kinda irrelavent but ah well! its just a game afterall! Enjoy it! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Now that I don't agree with, Dambarta might be blinding, but that doesn't mean it's useless. Why is only three ticks acceptable? I guess I don't understand why you would use Dambarta at all.

LS_Aksion
Jul 26, 2007, 05:20 PM
dambarta, useless? oops! i WUV dambarta http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

i was talking about my comment being irrelevent XD sry for the typo!

Nani-chan
Jul 26, 2007, 05:23 PM
I tend to use dambarta to hit 3-5+ enemies at once in a conal fashion or to shutdown a strong enemy. Maybe someday another damu spell will be the new dambarta.

JAFO22000
Jul 26, 2007, 05:38 PM
On 2007-07-26 15:01, Shiryuu wrote:

That's not fair! You're not even fighting anything in that picture....just casting the tech right up against the wall.

Helly
Jul 26, 2007, 06:02 PM
Oh its a great technic for sure but I've been blinded by it on many occassions! x_X It can be a pain on the eyes and usually kills baddies so fast I can't get a hit in... not that I can ever find them in that icy mess!

ThEoRy
Jul 26, 2007, 06:05 PM
I hear its being tweaked for the expansion to make it more see through. Any truth to this?

desturel
Jul 26, 2007, 06:19 PM
On 2007-07-26 15:14, Xaeris wrote:
Normally, I just stay the hell away from the Dambarta, but it is irritating that I have to halt my attack to reposition myself.

Obviously spoken by a person who doesn't know how hard it is to reposition yourself after you start dambarta. Once you press that button, you are stuck in place. It's much easier for you to move and restart your PA than it is for the dambarta user to move at all.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: desturel on 2007-07-26 16:19 ]</font>

Esufer
Jul 26, 2007, 06:57 PM
On 2007-07-26 14:38, Retehi wrote:
IT'S THE BEST THING EVER IN HALLWAYS ON BAD RESOLUTIONS

http://apocalypse-tribe.com/rdfox/psu42.jpg

I laughed a little too loud.

Zer0_ConvoY
Jul 26, 2007, 07:48 PM
I don't mind it, but when a FO uses it on a jarba I can't attack the jarba since... you know, I donno where the FO's dambarta starts and the jarba's ends, so I can't run away like i usually do when the jarba starts 'cuz I donno 'till its too late and the FO is casting dambarta so no resta/reverser, although with the new death penalty, its not as bad, it doesn't cost 5k per jarba anymore, maybe they should make monster spells a different color then player spells?

Shiryuu
Jul 26, 2007, 07:53 PM
On 2007-07-26 15:38, JAFO22000 wrote:

On 2007-07-26 15:01, Shiryuu wrote:

That's not fair! You're not even fighting anything in that picture....just casting the tech right up against the wall.

If I posted this instead:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v84/Shiryuu/PSU/pincer.jpg

Then people can't really complain since it barely fills the screen. :/

Jakosifer
Jul 26, 2007, 08:00 PM
It doesn't bother me at all.

DaRkWoLf30
Jul 26, 2007, 08:01 PM
It doesn't bother me visually as any class..

APEXi
Jul 26, 2007, 08:08 PM
it's almost as annoying as tornado dance. but meh, what are ya goin' do?

FUFME
Jul 26, 2007, 08:08 PM
I do find it annoying but tough poo.

The people complain the most are Fighgunners and Fortefighters. You piss me off tossing enemies across the screen so you'll have to deal with it.

Dambarta is every effective and powerful. - Especially against large group of mobs at Parum Relics.

When I play as a Ranger and a Force uses Dambarta, i just look at the Red Dots on the Radar Map -- Allign myself with Dots so I can shoot enemies. NO BIGGIE!

APEXi
Jul 26, 2007, 08:11 PM
On 2007-07-26 18:08, FUFME wrote:

When I play as a Ranger and a Force uses Dambarta, i just look at the Red Dots on the Radar Map -- Allign myself with Dots so I can shoot enemies. NO BIGGIE!

ya, spray and pray. woo!

FUFME
Jul 26, 2007, 08:11 PM
On 2007-07-26 17:48, Zer0_ConvoY wrote:
I don't mind it, but when a FO uses it on a jarba I can't attack the jarba since... you know, I donno where the FO's dambarta starts and the jarba's ends, so I can't run away like i usually do when the jarba starts 'cuz I donno 'till its too late and the FO is casting dambarta so no resta/reverser, although with the new death penalty, its not as bad, it doesn't cost 5k per jarba anymore, maybe they should make monster spells a different color then player spells?

I hate it when I see Forces use spells - especially Dambarta against a Jarba, it's totally worthless and they should know better.

They should be using a Bow against Jarba

KidoKresh
Jul 26, 2007, 11:25 PM
If it is that bad now with your screen turning white i wonder what lvl 31 will make your screen look like.

Wallin
Jul 27, 2007, 01:07 AM
I'm afraid of that too... hopefully they will tone it down in AoI somehow.

ThEoRy
Jul 27, 2007, 01:12 AM
On 2007-07-26 18:11, FUFME wrote:

On 2007-07-26 17:48, Zer0_ConvoY wrote:

I hate it when I see Forces use spells - especially Dambarta against a Jarba, it's totally worthless and they should know better.

They should be using a Bow against Jarba

Meh, I like using Rabarta on groups of jarbas. Usually totaling over 1500 easy so...

Back to my earlier question, can anyone confirm or deny the visual tweek to dambarta making it more see through in AoI?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Octagon on 2007-07-26 23:13 ]</font>

Zer0_ConvoY
Jul 27, 2007, 02:00 AM
On 2007-07-26 21:25, KidoKresh wrote:
If it is that bad now with your screen turning white i wonder what lvl 31 will make your screen look like.

maybe like this, but don't quote me:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v231/Zer0ConvoY/shakey.jpg

(meanwhile in orbit around neudaiz)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v231/Zer0ConvoY/neudaiz-4.jpg

Tekknight
Jul 27, 2007, 02:01 AM
I think they SERIOUSLY need to make it a LOT more transparent! MAYBE they can make the LV 31+ visual look a lot more see-through... It obscures the screen of EVERYTHING. How can anyone like that?

Xaeris
Jul 27, 2007, 02:09 AM
On 2007-07-26 16:19, desturel wrote:

Obviously spoken by a person who doesn't know how hard it is to reposition yourself after you start dambarta. Once you press that button, you are stuck in place. It's much easier for you to move and restart your PA than it is for the dambarta user to move at all.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: desturel on 2007-07-26 16:19 ]</font>

Yes, it is easier for me to reposition myself than it is for the Dambarta user. I'm not asking them to reposition themselves. I'm asking them to use something, anything, else in situations where I need to, you know, see.

Or, at the very least, not run right up behind me and start casting when I'm already nice and set up.

-Tidus_415-
Jul 27, 2007, 02:13 AM

Dont forget if your a Jarba too...Apparently they are able to turn 360 degrees and also WALK WHILE casting Dambarta lol. Other monsters like Bel Pannons (Damdiga)do this too. Its annoying :/

Lyrix
Jul 27, 2007, 02:49 AM
On 2007-07-27 00:13, -Tidus_415- wrote:

Dont forget if your a Jarba too...Apparently they are able to turn 360 degrees and also WALK WHILE casting Dambarta lol. Other monsters like Bel Pannons (Damdiga)do this too. Its annoying :/

ya, i get really mad when I'm nice and safe behind a jarba, just for it to do its swipe/jump combo and get me stuck in dambarta -.-

Zael
Jul 27, 2007, 03:38 AM
Melee people should never have a problem with Dambarta blinding them. It's simple enough to just hold the lock-on button while using PAs :/

Zer0_ConvoY
Jul 27, 2007, 03:52 AM
On 2007-07-27 01:38, Zael wrote:
Melee people should never have a problem with Dambarta blinding them. It's simple enough to just hold the lock-on button while using PAs :/

my personal qualm isn't with the spell as much as the fact that jarbas use the spell too and I hate running from jarbas to see I was actually running from a FO.

ps I hate that last line in your sig! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zer0_ConvoY on 2007-07-27 01:55 ]</font>

panzer_unit
Jul 27, 2007, 07:57 AM
On 2007-07-27 00:00, Zer0_ConvoY wrote:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v231/Zer0ConvoY/neudaiz-4.jpg

LMAO... there's my new desktop background

360NyTeMaRe
Jul 27, 2007, 08:04 AM
Someone that I occasionally play with ALWAYS uses Dambarta as if it's her only spell, and it's already Lv30, so I know she's not trying to level it up, and it's just stupid, she does it and it blocks everyone's view, we can't see the monsters or our damage numbers.

amtalx
Jul 27, 2007, 08:06 AM
I say quit yer bitchin' and stand on the other side. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

360NyTeMaRe
Jul 27, 2007, 08:08 AM
I say forces learn how to use spells that don't involve running into the "don't go there you're going to die" zone and holding the X button.

Hrith
Jul 27, 2007, 08:20 AM
I have been booting Dambarta users since the spell got released, more or less.

And my FT doesn't have it, it doesn't even have good DPS, anyway.

Unless it's actually used in a situation where it is useful (which is 10% of the time, not 90% contrary to what n00bs think), I will boot you for hindering my screen.

And don't even try to minimize the impact of Dambarta on others' gameplay, here's a reminder:

http://keffypoo.free.fr/psu/network/dambarta1.png

IMO, spamming Dambarta makes you more of a n00b that spamming Tornado Dance.

360NyTeMaRe
Jul 27, 2007, 08:26 AM
On 2007-07-27 01:38, Zael wrote:

It's not easy to lockon to a specific monster when you can't see what you're locked onto, could be a Jarba or a Jaggo.

It's a lot simpler to just use an EFFECTIVE spell which doesn't ruin the game for everyone else.

Dragon_Knight
Jul 27, 2007, 08:27 AM
Wow.....never had anyone complaine about my wall of ice....most people like me for it too. Mostly cause I stun lock the monsters so they can run in behind them and start whacking away, even the rangers I play with don't seem to have an issue with it.

360NyTeMaRe
Jul 27, 2007, 08:33 AM
All the monsters that get stunned by it are too weak to matter if you're in front or behind them anyway. :/

Dragon_Knight
Jul 27, 2007, 08:34 AM
Even the S2 monsters?

360NyTeMaRe
Jul 27, 2007, 08:37 AM
Most of the ones which dambarta are used on, yes...such as Badiras and for some reason, Polty.

APEXi
Jul 27, 2007, 08:44 AM
+1 whore? theres many annoying things people can do in-game; constant dambarta spamming is one, especially dambarta w/o debuffs. but theres still things like tornado dance which get abused much more often.

360NyTeMaRe
Jul 27, 2007, 08:50 AM
Yes agreed, here's a funny example of how bad Tornado Dance is... (fictional)

Her Secret Mission B...?
(Me) Mutsumi Lv51 Human Fighgunner wielding 38% Fire Hanzo
and
Some noob Lv75 Beast Fighgunner wielding 10% ice Nightwalker

Now what happens is...we're in that area where the 8 Ageeta spawn followed by 6 Gohmon and a Komatoze...I am making short work of the enemies with Tornado BREAK...hitting over 800 / 1100 critical hits when this moron comes in with his 10% ice Nightwalker and does tornado dance and knocks everything way out of everyone's range, and hits for about 200 damage each hit. How ridiculous is that...?

APEXi
Jul 27, 2007, 08:54 AM
you on 360? that sums up much of my 360 "pickup-party" experience
nm, name gives it away. hell, mr obvious. should meet up sometime, gripe and bitch about things. could be fun.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: APEXi on 2007-07-27 06:56 ]</font>

360NyTeMaRe
Jul 27, 2007, 09:02 AM
Yes I'm on the Xbox 360. It'd be a pleasure to meet up.

You can send me a friend request right now, but since my bandwidth is 10kbps right now (WTF?) I can't actually play anything...

Fox_Makenshi
Jul 27, 2007, 09:11 AM
You could always use the radar to find enemies. I mean if you know you're facing it's general direction you should be able to hit it right? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Love,
Fox Makenshi

360NyTeMaRe
Jul 27, 2007, 09:13 AM
Yes, but I'm the smart Fortegunner who uses the proper element on enemies, and I'll switch to a weapon with a ground-based attribute to kill a Volfu even if there's only one left in the room, and I need to be able to see what I'm shooting.

SStrikerR
Jul 27, 2007, 09:14 AM
XD that lv 75 is a moron, sure, he must think that tornado hits a lot so it doesnt matter he usin frickin ice, but hes wrong. XD

360NyTeMaRe
Jul 27, 2007, 09:36 AM
I know! He hits 3 times for 200 with his stupid attack, while I (more accurately as well) hit for 650, 800, then 1100(critical)