PDA

View Full Version : PSU: New Hal Report

Allison_W
Jul 27, 2007, 04:28 AM
Just checked the JP Illuminus site, and they have Hal's next report posted: http://illuminus.phantasystaruniverse.jp/movie/report_02.html

Just from looking at it, it doesn't seem it reveals anything we don't already know, but then again, I don't understand a lick of Japanese. Perhaps one of our resident Japanese-speakers could take a crack at it.

EDIT: Incidentally, no activity in the Moving Comic or About This Game pages. Sadly.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Allison_W on 2007-07-27 02:29 ]</font>

EspioKaos
Jul 27, 2007, 06:14 AM
Laia's JP voice actress is revealed in the new video: Yuuko Kaida. I'll look over it some more when I've got time, but like you said, it doesn't really seem to reveal much of anything that's new.

Fox_Makenshi
Jul 27, 2007, 08:54 AM
So all I see so far is Ethan with his hood up, Laia using one of the current shotguns as a rocket launcher(?) and lots of running bird things.

Love,
Fox Makenshi

BahnKnakyu
Jul 27, 2007, 09:04 AM
You forgot that it seems like they're repeating a ton of the online story mode scenes with voiceovers. That's odd...

Alisha
Jul 27, 2007, 09:29 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yuuko_Kaida

Prima
Jul 27, 2007, 09:34 AM
Ugh its Hal, if I was a girl in PSU I would beat her up. Then jump out the tv and beat the producer up.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Prima on 2007-07-27 07:36 ]</font>

MayLee
Jul 27, 2007, 09:58 AM
Her JP Voice fits her well. Wonder how they'll do it in the English..

WBMike
Jul 27, 2007, 10:16 AM
They better give her a latina accent in English dub.

Eww I hate how they pronounce her name as "LIE-A"
RAIA NOOo...

I notice now they are using Voice during In-Game Chat sequences, does this mean that we'll get it too... hmm..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: WBMike on 2007-07-27 08:22 ]</font>

MayLee
Jul 27, 2007, 10:23 AM
On 2007-07-27 08:16, WBMike wrote:

I notice now they are using Voice during In-Game Chat sequences, does this mean that we'll get it too... hmm..

I doubt it, there are a lot of tiny things we didn't get.

pikachief
Jul 27, 2007, 11:18 AM

RAIA NOOo...

i thought her name was always proounced that way...

am i the only one who pronounces it right?

Kion
Jul 27, 2007, 11:32 AM
wow, that trailer was terrible. a news report that goes into random boring clips of story mode and plays rock music. Then says: "you will be cooperating with Laia in story mode so be prepared" and ends.

McLaughlin
Jul 27, 2007, 12:08 PM
It seems no one is aware that the Online Ep.II story will be the Offline Story Mode in AoI. The cutscenes and voice-overs are for Story Mode. Online, Ep.III will be done like Ep.II is being done now.

Ronin1of47
Jul 27, 2007, 01:04 PM
On 2007-07-27 10:08, Obsidian_Knight wrote:
It seems no one is aware that the Online Ep.II story will be the Offline Story Mode in AoI. The cutscenes and voice-overs are for Story Mode. Online, Ep.III will be done like Ep.II is being done now.

i was thinking the same exact thing, and i really hope we're wrong, but then again this game is all about rehashing and reskins so why shouldn't the new offline mode be the old online mode.

MrNomad
Jul 27, 2007, 01:13 PM
On 2007-07-27 11:04, Ronin1of47 wrote:

i was thinking the same exact thing, and i really hope we're wrong, but then again this game is all about rehashing and reskins so why shouldn't the new offline mode be the old online mode.

I dont really mind, I dont even play online story mode http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif More for me

Ffuzzy-Logik
Jul 27, 2007, 01:22 PM

It's not an issue of whether or not "we're wrong." Sega has already officially announced that the Offline story of AoI will be Episode 2 (i.e. Online story of regular PSU). The Online story in AoI will consequently be Episode 3.

Kylie
Jul 27, 2007, 01:25 PM
I like her voice; I think it's fitting.

We can only hope that her English voice is decent as well. =

Para
Jul 27, 2007, 02:04 PM
I agree with the voice very much lol
and she looks good in the CG cutscenes too.

ShinAnt
Jul 27, 2007, 02:10 PM
Her mouth moves when she talks too. I know it's a just a little detail. But, that doesn't happen currently.

EspioKaos
Jul 27, 2007, 02:16 PM
On 2007-07-27 11:25, Kylie wrote:
I like her voice; I think it's fitting.

Agree. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Also, here are some new headlines from the video:

"A large scale strategy an Allied Force fleet sticks to a body..."

"I protected the surface..."

"...eters and the Laia new president interviews." (Geez, not too sure what to make out of this one.)

Wallin
Jul 27, 2007, 02:24 PM
On 2007-07-27 09:18, pikachief wrote:

RAIA NOOo...

Going by Japanese sounds alone, Laia would be pronounced Lie-a. I suppose you could be confusing it with Princess Leia, but they're also not spelled the same. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Kion
Jul 27, 2007, 02:46 PM

How about no english dubs and we get subtutles? Honestly I can't believe SoA actually pays people to suck. Sega, save your time (and I would say effort, but obviously not) and just leave the japanese voices as they are.

DikkyRay
Jul 27, 2007, 02:47 PM
I Want duuubs badly.
Goddam it. Why do i want to play a hack and slash MMO if i have to READ the story?!?!

Para
Jul 27, 2007, 02:49 PM
On 2007-07-27 12:46, Kion wrote:

How about no english dubs and we get subtutles? Honestly I can't believe SoA actually pays people to suck. Sega, save your time (and I would say effort, but obviously not) and just leave the japanese voices as they are.

agreed. or atleast have japanese option. I mean why replace a sexy laia voice with one that may suck?

DikkyRay
Jul 27, 2007, 02:55 PM
Just heard the voices. Damn laias sounds nice.
But yea, thank god i could care less about dubs. Hell, Laia's dub will probably sound tight

Kion
Jul 27, 2007, 03:13 PM
On 2007-07-27 12:47, DikkyRay wrote:
Goddam it. Why do i want to play a hack and slash MMO if i have to READ the story?!?!

It's an MMO. you read menus, you read what npc's say, you read what other characters write, you've been reading story mode up to this point. Hell, you are the forums and what are you doing? reading.

Keep everything thing in it's original language. It looks natural and emotions and actions fit that way. Also it's made with the japanese in mind, so the lips and what they're saying match up. With dubbing, it's too distracting when the voices or lips don't match it takes away from what they're saying because the dubbers will try to add it or remove words to make it look right, which in turn takes away from the story.

So with AoI it's not even a matter of it beeing japanese or not. have you seen Shrek or Finding Nemo dubbed in Japanese? It's terrible.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kion on 2007-07-27 16:04 ]</font>

pikachief
Jul 27, 2007, 07:00 PM

oh oh oh! i knew that! does that mean i win something!? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

also hals awesome http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif just to prove my loyalty to hal i shall change my avatar!

DikkyRay
Jul 27, 2007, 07:02 PM
On 2007-07-27 13:13, Kion wrote:

On 2007-07-27 12:47, DikkyRay wrote:

It's an MMO. you read menus, you read what npc's say, you read what other characters write, you've been reading story mode up to this point. Hell, you are the forums and what are you doing? reading.

Keep everything thing in it's original language. It looks natural and emotions and actions fit that way. Also it's made with the japanese in mind, so the lips and what they're saying match up. With dubbing, it's too distracting when the voices or lips don't match it takes away from what they're saying because the dubbers will try to add it or remove words to make it look right, which in turn takes away from the story.

So with AoI it's not even a matter of it beeing japanese or not. have you seen Shrek or Finding Nemo dubbed in Japanese? It's terrible.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kion on 2007-07-27 16:04 ]</font>
lol that was sarcasm kion....
I joke around and say that to ALOT of things.
I like dubs, so i want dubs, but then again, no one else probably does.
Woohoo! Its me VS Probably the entire PSU population!

Dahilia
Jul 27, 2007, 07:42 PM
Laia sounds... so hot.

I would like to beat HAL against a rock, though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dahilia on 2007-07-27 17:46 ]</font>

Kion
Jul 27, 2007, 08:22 PM
On 2007-07-27 17:02, DikkyRay wrote:
lol that was sarcasm kion....
I joke around and say that to ALOT of things.
I like dubs, so i want dubs, but then again, no one else probably does.
Woohoo! Its me VS Probably the entire PSU population!

Sorry people who like dubs so they don't have to read are a pet peave for me. When I saw Crouching tiger hidden dragon there was a group of kids in the threatre, "what!!? we have to read a movie?", "omg, why did you bring me to this?" *followed by more bitching*
Not to mention my sister hates subtitles, 'Spirited away', 'Brotherhood of the Wolf', you name it and i've have all been ruined by dubs. I went back and watched them in their original languages and they were insanely better.

WBMike
Jul 28, 2007, 04:06 AM
On 2007-07-27 12:24, Wallin wrote:

Going by Japanese sounds alone, Laia would be pronounced Lie-a. I suppose you could be confusing it with Princess Leia, but they're also not spelled the same. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

I was hoping for Leia, just because it fits better. LIAR MARTenez just doesn't sound as hip as Leia Mar-Tea-Nez

Sinue_v2
Jul 28, 2007, 04:36 AM

True, I would have rather have seen new content for the AoI offline mode, but think of it this way. There's a lot of people who play PSU offline only. This gives people who don't want to get online a chance to play the expanded storyline - as well as giving us a way of playing it later on once the PSU servers go down for good.

Truthfully, THAT bothered me. As someone who still, to this day, plays the old PS games - the thought of having the game go offline one day and forever be stuck with a product where you only get half the story (which is all there REALLY is offline) sucks to say the least.

Look at it this way - Ep II content online right now is kind of like a preview. No cutscenes, no voice acting, no tweaks and expansions - like riding vehicles which they may impliment to expand the missions for offline mode. A rough look at future storylines, and a perk for paying to play online.

XanGabriel
Jul 28, 2007, 02:49 PM
On 2007-07-27 09:18, pikachief wrote:

RAIA NOOo...

I pronounce Laia exactly as I do Gaia... >.>

AlphaDragoon
Jul 28, 2007, 09:03 PM
Hope nobody's putting stock in Laia having a good English VO....you HAVE heard the rest of the PSU cast, right? >.>

As for the translation, hope they don't eff her name over even worse, just like Ethan "Waber".

DraginHikari
Jul 28, 2007, 09:47 PM
Really after the first release lack any JP voices at all I don't expect the next to have them either. Really I think it's pointless to complain over VA in any language.

EspioKaos
Jul 28, 2007, 10:30 PM
On 2007-07-28 19:03, AlphaDragoon wrote:
As for the translation, hope they don't eff her name over even worse, just like Ethan "Waber".

What do you mean? Ethan's last name is supposed to be spelled like that. The original developers even spelled it that way when writing his name in English.

DikkyRay
Jul 29, 2007, 08:02 AM
On 2007-07-28 19:03, AlphaDragoon wrote:
Hope nobody's putting stock in Laia having a good English VO....you HAVE heard the rest of the PSU cast, right? >.>
I have, and hey. I like htem (ZOMG i know. SOmehow I'M the wierd one for liking to hear things in my own language)

AlphaDragoon
Jul 29, 2007, 01:14 PM
On 2007-07-29 06:02, DikkyRay wrote:
I have, and hey. I like htem (ZOMG i know. SOmehow I'M the wierd one for liking to hear things in my own language)

No, you're not weird for liking an English VO. We do regret to inform you however that you are infact weird for liking PSU's, which utterly sucked.

BTW, Rie Tanaka's Karen > all. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

DikkyRay
Jul 29, 2007, 01:22 PM
On 2007-07-29 11:14, AlphaDragoon wrote:

On 2007-07-29 06:02, DikkyRay wrote:

No, you're not weird for liking an English VO. We do regret to inform you however that you are infact weird for liking PSU's, which utterly sucked.

BTW, Rie Tanaka's Karen > all. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Allright, tell me whats wrong with them?

EspioKaos
Jul 29, 2007, 01:29 PM
I'm with DikkyRay on this. Some of the VAs were actually good. I personally thought that Leo, Lou, Maya and Kou's VAs (just to name a few) did a nice job.

DikkyRay
Jul 29, 2007, 01:34 PM
I really liked Karens.
I know what you may say, "BUT ETHANS SUUUUCKED"
His may not have been the best, but alot of VA's were done well

WBMike
Jul 29, 2007, 01:51 PM
For Voice Overs

Karen's was the Best, like they really did their research..
Maya Was Ok but Good, i just hated when she laughs
Hyuga I got a bit annoyed when he talks so slowly
Ethan was good at times, but When he talks to Pete they talk waay to slow.
Lumia was fine.
Leo was the worst PEICE of voice work ever. The voice made him sound extremely dull.
One of the Vol Bros. Sounded like Meowth so much but it wasn't the same guy..
Tonnio sounds like ASH Ketchum..

Now I do worry about EMO Ethan's voice in this expansion pack. He can't sound so upbeat and cheerfull in this game.
I wish they would change Leo's, and the President's.

DikkyRay
Jul 29, 2007, 01:58 PM
I want HAL's voice changed. That was the only time i actually grinded my teeth when i heard a voice