PDA

View Full Version : Dessert Goliath S2 is....

jayster
Jul 27, 2007, 09:34 AM
...pretty easy. I had never done a dessert goliath mission before and I had heard horror stories about it. We had 3 gunners, 2 fortetechers and a fortefighter. Two of our gunners didn't even use killer shot( me being one). Not to mention that the bullets I was using were under level 11. I came in with 10 scape dolls expecting to run out and need more. But the only thing that actually killed me was the boss, and I only died twice there. I give the mission 2 thumbs up. I'm buying killer shot just for this level though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jayster on 2007-07-27 07:44 ]</font>

APEXi
Jul 27, 2007, 09:37 AM
seriously.. man. this is the last time you post about wanting more ppl that im going to reply w/ "ya man, sounds good, im free - set up a place to meet" etc etc etc. (killer shot is itching to come and play)

jayster
Jul 27, 2007, 09:39 AM
seriously.. man. this thread doesn't ask for a party.
If I wanted a party, I would have posted in player matchup http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I was just suprized at how easy it was.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jayster on 2007-07-27 07:40 ]</font>

APEXi
Jul 27, 2007, 09:40 AM
On 2007-07-27 07:34, jayster wrote:
Only problem is, I had a very hard time finding a party over there http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif So hopefully there are more people at peek hours.

kbye

Ryna
Jul 27, 2007, 09:41 AM
Desert Goliath S2 was "nerfed" recently in the rebalancing. The mission was a lot harder when Ginna Bete C's were common enemies in both blocks. Ever since then, the only thing hard about it is the boss.

jayster
Jul 27, 2007, 09:42 AM
On 2007-07-27 07:40, APEXi wrote:

Only problem is, I had a very hard time finding a party over there http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif So hopefully there are more people at peek hours.

kbye

edit: actually, happy now?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jayster on 2007-07-27 07:43 ]</font>

APEXi
Jul 27, 2007, 09:43 AM
please, i dont flame. i just misread things or ppl dont word them as well as they could have.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: APEXi on 2007-07-27 07:44 ]</font>

jayster
Jul 27, 2007, 09:46 AM
ok sorry. and thanks ryna for the info. Didn't know this was one of the nerfed missions. Guess I'll never see Dessert Goliaths true face http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Ryna
Jul 27, 2007, 09:47 AM
Let's stick to the topic of "Desert Goliath." If the OP wants to ask for some help in getting a team, create a thread in Player Matchup.

To the OP:
Just imagine 5 high-level Grinna Bete C's attacking your party in a very small room.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryna on 2007-07-27 07:47 ]</font>

JAFO22000
Jul 27, 2007, 09:48 AM
On 2007-07-27 07:41, Ryna wrote:
Desert Goliath S2 was "nerfed" recently in the rebalancing. The mission was a lot harder when Ginna Bete C's were common enemies in both blocks. Ever since then, the only thing hard about it is the boss.

Word. Imagine every other spawn on Block 1 being 3 Grinna Betes....then the last room: 3 Ginna Betes followed by a spawn of those 4 legged robots. Repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat. Then the boss. THAT'S how it used to be. It's now pathetically easy.

Same with Tunnel Recapture. On THAT level it's like all of the creatures took a vacation or something....

APEXi
Jul 27, 2007, 09:49 AM
wow. gonna have to check em out later. should be significantly easier to farm

jayster
Jul 27, 2007, 09:52 AM
Are ginna betes even strong? I havent been hit by one yet lol

Ryna
Jul 27, 2007, 09:53 AM
The mission is a bit of a joke now. It used to be really good for exp and if you wanted a challenge.

EDIT: Grinna Bete C's tend to be very challenging in large groups. If you get caught in the cross-fire from their machineguns, you are as good as dead.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryna on 2007-07-27 07:55 ]</font>

APEXi
Jul 27, 2007, 09:56 AM
On 2007-07-27 07:53, Ryna wrote:
The mission is a bit of a joke now. It used to be really good for exp and if you wanted a challenge.

EDIT: Grinna Bete C's tend to be very challenging in large groups. If you get caught in the cross-fire from their machineguns, you are as good as dead.

sounds like you're playing it as you post with the quick edit, assuming you got ganged up on all of a sudden?

panzer_unit
Jul 27, 2007, 09:58 AM
First time I ever did Desert Goliath S we had people running back to the NPC shop to refill on scapes after block 1. I leveled earth grenades all the way up just 'cause there were so many Grinna Bete it was worth it just to get the 18% element bonus.

Nice firearm drops there tho... 9* gun boards out the wazoo, 11* rifle, 10* mech.

JAFO22000
Jul 27, 2007, 10:00 AM
On 2007-07-27 07:53, Ryna wrote:

?? They're even MORE challenging in small groups.

Xaeris
Jul 27, 2007, 10:04 AM
I believe what Ryna means is that Grinnas are more challenging when *they* come in large groups which don't exist in DG anymore. Getting caught by two in a cross fire really can do nasty things to your HP. But, I'm a WT; my EVP > mechguns.

JAFO22000
Jul 27, 2007, 10:07 AM
On 2007-07-27 08:04, Xaeris wrote:
I believe what Ryna means is that Grinnas are more challenging when *they* come in large groups which don't exist in DG anymore. Getting caught by two in a cross fire really can do nasty things to your HP. But, I'm a WT; my EVP > mechguns.

Ah, my fault. Upon rereading his post, I concur that this is what he is trying to convey.

...then again, isn't EVERYTHING more challenging in large groups? ;P

Shiro_Ryuu
Jul 27, 2007, 10:27 AM
Wait, Grina Betes don't appear in large groups? That sounds like less chances of a 2 headed ragnus unless they magically get more chances of dropping them than a Go Vahra. If that's the case, I'm sticking to Ragan cuz Desert Goliath doesn't really have anything to offer for Hunters other than the S rank twin sabers that drop in the Ragan mission, and an Orpad / Guard which is only good for S rank armors which we'll probably never get. I'm also lv 90 and lv 10 Fortefighter and Fighgunner on my human, so I really dont need exp or MP anymore. I do love fighting Grina Betes, adn they are by far the most enjoyable robot enemy for me to fight, but yeah, Hunting comes first.

ChyronType0
Jul 27, 2007, 10:34 AM
Moatoob is too easy now. I liked going there and getting my azz handed to me by the bil de vear and robos. PSU officially has no challenge at all now...

JAFO22000
Jul 27, 2007, 11:05 AM
On 2007-07-27 08:34, ChyronType0 wrote:
Moatoob is too easy now. I liked going there and getting my azz handed to me by the bil de vear and robos. PSU officially has no challenge at all now...

At least we still get penalized for deaths....for a limited time.

pikachief
Jul 27, 2007, 11:11 AM
...pretty easy. I had never done a dessert goliath mission before and I had heard horror stories about it. We had 3 gunners, 2 fortetechers and a fortefighter. Two of our gunners didn't even use killer shot( me being one). Not to mention that the bullets I was using were under level 11. I came in with 10 scape dolls expecting to run out and need more. But the only thing that actually killed me was the boss, and I only died twice there. I give the mission 2 thumbs up. I'm buying killer shot just for this level though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jayster on 2007-07-27 07:44 ]</font>

my dad was playing as my chaarcter(VOLTRON) and he said the mission was horribly hard and not worth what it gave http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Lamak
Jul 27, 2007, 11:12 AM
1. We do have S rank armors. >.>
2. The only place that I find a challenge is Neudiaz. The ice type enemies are pretty strong, surprisingly.

-dis-
Jul 27, 2007, 11:20 AM
On 2007-07-27 08:34, ChyronType0 wrote:

Well, Magas is hard. Fakis is tricky. And Dimma is tedious. So thhere's a bit left that's not just "easy".

But I tend to run in groups of just 2 or 3. Maybe in a full party it IS all easy. I'm too misanthropic and personality-challenged to find out, though.

jayster
Jul 27, 2007, 11:27 AM
On 2007-07-27 08:27, Shiroryuu wrote:
Wait, Grina Betes don't appear in large groups? That sounds like less chances of a 2 headed ragnus unless they magically get more chances of dropping them than a Go Vahra. If that's the case, I'm sticking to Ragan cuz Desert Goliath doesn't really have anything to offer for Hunters other than the S rank twin sabers that drop in the Ragan mission, and an Orpad / Guard which is only good for S rank armors which we'll probably never get. I'm also lv 90 and lv 10 Fortefighter and Fighgunner on my human, so I really dont need exp or MP anymore. I do love fighting Grina Betes, adn they are by far the most enjoyable robot enemy for me to fight, but yeah, Hunting comes first.

If you get a rattlesnake or the mechgun, you could probably trade it for any S rank hunter wep you want.

Shiro_Ryuu
Jul 27, 2007, 11:35 AM
On 2007-07-27 09:12, Lamak wrote:
1. We do have S rank armors. >.>
2. The only place that I find a challenge is Neudiaz. The ice type enemies are pretty strong, surprisingly.

I know we have S rank [b] armors available, but what I mean is that most of us will never attain one, and if we do, we'll just fail at synthing it. Man, I'm so negative. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

ChyronType0
Jul 27, 2007, 11:49 AM
Exactly. And until AoI, having an S-rank armor won't matter unless its percentage is high...