PDA

View Full Version : I will never get to high levels...sigh.

DreamLocke
Jul 27, 2007, 11:45 AM
Due to my paralysing indecision as to whether my main is going to be my Beast WT or my CAST GT my level is perpetually stuck in the mid-30's right now. I have 200+ hours logged on.

I should be doing S2 runs right now but am forced to do A runs at best. (Yeah, I know about the S run on neudaiz but nobody's there ATM.)So no RAREZ!!!

The reasonable thing is to just pick one and just get him up and rolling. But as soon as I favor one, I switch back to the other guy. This is also quite expensive since as they are both leveling at the EXACT SAME PACE, I have to upgrade their equips as well.

I need help with my compulsive disorder here. Maybe a slap on the head will do. But man, I'm jealous of you S2 rank hunters while I am stuck in low level land. I mean, come on...there's people who got this game last month or started an alt and are way past me in levels.

whew.

DLShAdOw
Jul 27, 2007, 11:50 AM
you don't need to upgrade your equip that often. I'm lvl 54 and most of my stuff is B rank and 6 star.

Kion
Jul 27, 2007, 11:51 AM
Raising two characters at the same time is a huge drain on resources. Focus on one, and then you can use it to super charge the other. I recomend leveling GT first as it has resta and guns, so it will keep your costs down and allow you to save alot of cash and tag enemies easily. Also stick to hotspots as it's easier to find parties there. Be ptient and keep doing the same runs, it may get boring but it's better exp, mp and cash than you can hope to get alone.

Also nice choice with the cast gt and beast wt http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Rashiid
Jul 27, 2007, 11:55 AM
On 2007-07-27 09:50, DLShAdOw wrote:
you don't need to upgrade your equip that often. I'm lvl 54 and most of my stuff is B rank and 6 star.

yeah; take this advice.

when you see low lvls w/ A ranks; they generally have a capped charater; dont let em get to you.

take one character at a time; dont double-time; or u will be stuck low forever

amtalx
Jul 27, 2007, 12:00 PM
Sit down this weekend and drill the hell out of one of your characters. You can get to 55 with a bit of effort. Once you can to S2 labs, its only a little bit more to 65 and 75 when you'll be able to get access to all the goodies.

ThEoRy
Jul 27, 2007, 12:01 PM
had a friend wit the same prob. told him to focus on one and whaddaya know, hes lvl 90 now with enough loot to properly equip the other character.

SolomonGrundy
Jul 27, 2007, 12:02 PM
Cast figunner is the cheapest class to play. they have tons of ATA so you can use B rank weapons with good elements, and most of tier aresenal is available as B rank weapons (double saber is a notable exception).

healing items are VERY cheap, if bought in player shops. Dimates for...30? antimates for 10?

In the 30's, I go a lot of mileage beating down C rank missions with lots of enemies solo. Sleeping warriors, valley of carnage.

but I hear you, man. I have a new character and I am dreading the climb to 60, never mind 90.

DreamLocke
Jul 27, 2007, 12:12 PM
On 2007-07-27 09:51, Kion wrote:
Raising two characters at the same time is a huge drain on resources. Focus on one, and then you can use it to super charge the other. I recomend leveling GT first as it has resta and guns, so it will keep your costs down and allow you to save alot of cash and tag enemies easily. Also stick to hotspots as it's easier to find parties there. Be ptient and keep doing the same runs, it may get boring but it's better exp, mp and cash than you can hope to get alone.

Also nice choice with the cast gt and beast wt http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Thanks...so you know my pain. Yeah, it's a drain on resources. My CAST GT has almost a full A-rank pallete with the exception of a well-ground 6* bow and 3* wands. My WT has an A rank dagger, spear, and twin daggers. One pure armor PM, and the other has a striking PM with a bit of tech (Got lazy) I have all of the CAST parts, and my WT has at least 7 sets of clothes. I really don't want to know the total cost of all that crap.

Coming from someone who knows castGT/beastWT I'll focus on the GT for now. A lot easier to level since all my techs and striking PA's are maxed. All I have to worry about is that damn crossbow's SLOW bullet leveling. But that's another topic...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DreamLocke on 2007-07-27 10:14 ]</font>

pikachief
Jul 27, 2007, 12:14 PM
On 2007-07-27 09:45, DreamLocke wrote:

Due to my paralysing indecision as to whether my main is going to be my Beast WT or my CAST GT my level is perpetually stuck in the mid-30's right now. I have 200+ hours logged on.

I should be doing S2 runs right now but am forced to do A runs at best. (Yeah, I know about the S run on neudaiz but nobody's there ATM.)So no RAREZ!!!

The reasonable thing is to just pick one and just get him up and rolling. But as soon as I favor one, I switch back to the other guy. This is also quite expensive since as they are both leveling at the EXACT SAME PACE, I have to upgrade their equips as well.

I need help with my compulsive disorder here. Maybe a slap on the head will do. But man, I'm jealous of you S2 rank hunters while I am stuck in low level land. I mean, come on...there's people who got this game last month or started an alt and are way past me in levels.

whew.

if we get famistu its 2.5x more exp and u can do B rank with like lvl 60 monsters i think or 80.....

it gives lots of exp to lvl up people like u ^.^

ThEoRy
Jul 27, 2007, 12:15 PM
On 2007-07-27 10:12, DreamLocke wrote:
All I have to worry about is that damn crossbow's SLOW bullet leveling. But that's another topic...

Apparently they speed up after a certain point from what I hear.

DreamLocke
Jul 27, 2007, 12:16 PM
Nope...level 15 ATM and still kinda slow.

ThEoRy
Jul 27, 2007, 12:20 PM
not as bad as rifles/megid http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

imfanboy
Jul 27, 2007, 01:09 PM
The only solution to crossbow leveling is AFK leveling which you can't do until level 45.

And Demons Above S2 has a requirement of only level 60, so that's the level to shoot for. Get one character up there, and build the others up when the next event happens.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Jul 27, 2007, 01:24 PM
Do the GT. Melee classes are horrendously expensive to properly equip.

amtalx
Jul 27, 2007, 02:11 PM
Umm...actually Xbows are one of the fastest ranged weapons to Lvl. You can get them to 21 in two days.

Wallin
Jul 27, 2007, 02:16 PM
Look at it this way, if you leveled only one of your characters, they would have access to money and uber items for all of your other characters. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Get to 80 or 90 and you can hunt for equipment to your heart's content - Me/Quick, Crea boards, slots, tons of cash for raising PMs, whatever you want for whatever character you want to play. And once that character is high you could always switch them to another class, but the beauty of course is that they're still the same high level. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

PALRAPPYS
Jul 27, 2007, 02:24 PM
On 2007-07-27 10:02, SolomonGrundy wrote:
Cast figunner is the cheapest class to play. they have tons of ATA so you can use B rank weapons with good elements, and most of tier aresenal is available as B rank weapons (double saber is a notable exception).

healing items are VERY cheap, if bought in player shops. Dimates for...30? antimates for 10?

In the 30's, I go a lot of mileage beating down C rank missions with lots of enemies solo. Sleeping warriors, valley of carnage.

but I hear you, man. I have a new character and I am dreading the climb to 60, never mind 90.

Personally... I found CAST Fighgunner very hard to play and it costed me tons of meseta. :/

They can't hold their own when they go up and attack. And when they use guns, you feel you may as well be GT or foG instead.

Their HP is too low for me. And with the techers these days, you can't rely on them to resta you. Dimate, Dimate, Dimate, Dimate, Dimate, Dimate, Dimate, Dimate...

But it appears this thread is mainly about equipment. Using B ranks with my CAST fiG didn't work out so well... >.>

--why I deleted him--

Mystil
Jul 27, 2007, 02:55 PM
I had the same problem. I was juggling through my newman FT and my human FF for almost 5 months. They are both over 65, but I dropped my FT for good and my human is 82 now.

DikkyRay
Jul 27, 2007, 03:02 PM
I Dont have the attention span to play with just one char. Gets waaay too boring

DreamLocke
Jul 27, 2007, 03:11 PM
On 2007-07-27 12:16, Wallin wrote:
Look at it this way, if you leveled only one of your characters, they would have access to money and uber items for all of your other characters. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Get to 80 or 90 and you can hunt for equipment to your heart's content - Me/Quick, Crea boards, slots, tons of cash for raising PMs, whatever you want for whatever character you want to play. And once that character is high you could always switch them to another class, but the beauty of course is that they're still the same high level. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Another good point. I remember in PSO my high level RAmar would find nice equips for my HUmar to use. I also raised mags to give to my lower leveled guys. Argh, why won't they let us swap PMs with our other characters?

DreamLocke
Jul 27, 2007, 03:11 PM
On 2007-07-27 12:16, Wallin wrote:

Another good point. I remember in PSO my high level RAmar would find nice equips for my HUmar to use. I also raised mags to give to my lower leveled guys. Argh, why won't they let us swap PMs with our other characters?

Garnet_Moon
Jul 27, 2007, 09:36 PM
Even level 90's run around with 6 *'s that have a few grinds on them. You can get alot of life outta 6*'s, if you grind them a bit.

HaydenX
Jul 27, 2007, 10:52 PM
My char is a lvl 40 GT, and as soon as opportunity knocked, I traded up from my Twin Railgun to my Evil twins. They both have 2 grinds. I'm considering a pair of Ryo-Rayratore for the high PP and moderate accuracy (1..2..3..the ollaka, the ollaka, the ollaka's on fire)

Right now I use...
Twin Railgun (2)
Evil Twins (2)
W'gasep (1)
Kikami (2)
Starra (yeah I know, but its for buffs)
Drumline (1)
Daga Cresa (1)
Betatore (3)

pikachief
Jul 27, 2007, 10:58 PM
On 2007-07-27 10:12, DreamLocke wrote:
All I have to worry about is that damn crossbow's SLOW bullet leveling. But that's another topic...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DreamLocke on 2007-07-27 10:14 ]</font>

not really 3 days before firebreak i got my ice Xbow from 1-21 in 3 days easily without try hard and i did it on the side.

do crimson beasts C and B and try to only use your Xbox on the enemies not de ragan, thats just point less http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

u get more EXP from killing the enemies then from just shooting them thats y http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

SStrikerR
Jul 27, 2007, 11:02 PM
On 2007-07-27 09:50, DLShAdOw wrote:

HOLY CRAP!

Niloklives
Jul 27, 2007, 11:10 PM
On 2007-07-27 19:36, Garnet_Moon wrote:
Even level 90's run around with 6 *'s that have a few grinds on them. You can get alot of life outta 6*'s, if you grind them a bit.

this is especially true for gunners. most guns going from B to A rank don't gain enough anything to make a difference other than cosmetics. grind some B ranks to +5 if you really feel the need and get you GT going to fund the WT.

Also just as an aside,just to add to what grundy said: cast fighgunner was how I started. it doesn't cost as much as people think if you play smart. anyway good luck

The_Gio
Jul 28, 2007, 01:54 AM
if ur on PC/PS2 servers...ill help you lvl

DreamLocke
Jul 28, 2007, 08:48 AM
Thanks for the input, guys...I'm now focused on my CAST GT. He'll be easier to level and I don't have to spend so much meseta on him; being a gunner. That'll fund the other guy, who as a melee class, will need it.

I have a 6* bow that is stronger than the 7* one, but of course I like the classy look of the A rank bows so I'm keeping my eye on a grinded hamnateri in the shops. After that, I won't need to spend too much more really for a while...except maybe to raise my ranged PM every now and then, but that's not too important as I'm not really synthing too much right now.

SStrikerR
Jul 28, 2007, 09:01 AM
lol im a human figh and all i have are A rank weps grinded twice. =D

it didnt cost to much, but if you dont have much, stick with either A: weps that you can make and grind without spending much, ie hunt for the mats, or B: stick to the best B rank you can find, and grind it to around 4, unless you think you can go higher. =D

DreamLocke
Jul 28, 2007, 09:32 AM
Oh, no, I'm not broke. I posted earlier I have a full A rank pallete on my GT save for that bow, which is pretty strong (grinded 4 times.)But as I said, I'm keeping my eyes open for a nice grinded 7* bow in the player shops. Just because I like the look. lol.

I would probably have over a mil but I'm always buying clothes, parts, and stupid stuff. But now I have all the parts so that's over finally. After I get the bow, I'll finally start saving meseta. Yet I do need another armor besides the gigaline I got from FB.

I also have some income coming in soon because I sell mats in my shop but I'm lazy and haven't restocked in a while. Plus I help lower levels get S ranks in HSM so that's good money too. They like me because I'm in it for money and bullet-leveling so I don't get pissed if we don't get S or if they die. MP doesn't matter and if I lose out on the 10k payoff, I at least leveled my bullets a bit more.

But yeah, GT for me. Cheaper to maintain, faster leveling, and can do S ranks earlier without getting killed. Plus safer to solo for hunting rares and crap. Gunners have it easy in this game lol.