PDA

View Full Version : Dunno if i should feel bad or not....

DikkyRay
Jul 27, 2007, 06:18 PM
Allright, me and my dad usually bash a friend of my sisters. He smokes, and thats why we do it. We call him smoker, no big deal. Him, my sister, and other friends o theirs usually go to Hookras (Hookas? Hooka?) a smoking club/bar. Dont really know the details.
But today was different. My sister was pretty quiet for her usual self. I go "Hey are you going to hookras with that smoker?" If this was fkl, i would have added http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif to show i was joking.

Then my sister goes "Yea well that smoker was in a bad car accident last night. You gonna make fun of him now?"
Now she was realy harsh when she said that. Its not like i knew he was in an accident. But now i sorta feel bad for saying that...

Altavista
Jul 27, 2007, 06:34 PM
You sound EMO. Just let it go and stay away from the razorblade.

DikkyRay
Jul 27, 2007, 06:36 PM
How the fuck is that emo?
One of my sisters friends could be dead, and i made fun of him

PJ
Jul 27, 2007, 06:39 PM
Don't listen to that person.

He/She/It is just bitter that you're not emo over something that could actually be terrible C:

I don't think you should feel bad for "Making fun of him," just because just calling him smoker isn't really terribley harsh, but I think you should just feel bad for your sister, and that dude of course.

DikkyRay
Jul 27, 2007, 06:42 PM
Yea. Also, i dont really feel bad about the smoker thing. I feel bad for my sister. I think this is how it goes
Him and her went to the club with a few friends.
Afterwards, They talked for like, 3 hours. He goes and drops her off. At 4 am. Leaves, somewhere along the line, gets into a "serious" accident. Thats as bad as i heard it.
My guess is at least hospital. But it could be really bad

EphekZ
Jul 27, 2007, 10:19 PM
It's hookah. =)

ABDUR101
Jul 28, 2007, 09:33 AM
Why feel bad? It's not like you were saying "If he's lucky, an accident will kill him before the cigarettes!"

No big deal. You can feel bad that he could be seriously injured; because obviously you don't wish harm to the guy, but aside from that it's not like you wished it upon him and it happened. Your sister is in the right though, she's upset that a good friend of hers was in an accident; but she could have just said "Hey, just so you know he was in a bad accident last night".

Kent
Jul 28, 2007, 12:09 PM
Don't feel bad; it's not like calling him 'smoker' resulted in his vehicular incident... Unless he's seriously emo, or something like that.

Otherwise, it's okay to make fun of someone for smoking, as long as they actually think smoking is "okay."

omegapirate2k
Jul 30, 2007, 04:03 AM
I remember I was talking somebody I know when they mentioned something about being distracted. I opened up with a your mom joke, something random to lighten up the mood. However, he then went silent for a bit and somebody else told me that his mother had been killed just a few days ago.

Bad timing like that is always quite awkward to get out of, you know that you didn't actually wish harm upon them, but you still feel pretty guilty after saying it.

Mayu
Jul 30, 2007, 07:22 AM
On 2007-07-27 16:34, Altavista wrote:
You sound EMO. Just let it go and stay away from the razorblade.

1: He did not say Life is pointless, everything is pointless nor did he say everyone hates me or some other reason

2: How is sympathy emo? exactly?

3: You need to research how emo people sound seriously

and that is all