PDA

View Full Version : How important is armor elemental %?

Wallin
Jul 27, 2007, 09:42 PM
Like the topic says, how important is elemental % on armor? Trying to figure out if I should buy 16% resist in someone's player shop for 50k or if I should risk the synth and mats for 120k. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Cz
Jul 27, 2007, 09:43 PM
not very important. Play without getting hit and you will live longer. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Mayu
Jul 27, 2007, 09:44 PM
a possible synth is a possible 50% -_-

Which is pretty much your going to be a tank for that element

Risking can be a problem -.- if you have the money to spare then go ahead and do it

Either fail

Either Make a high %

Either make a crappy low %

If you don't like those then simply buy the premade one

Wallin
Jul 27, 2007, 09:47 PM
I have the money to spare, just didn't know if it would be worth it - I don't think I've ever created a % over 25, so I'm not that excited about trying really.

But I was looking at dark resist armor for my level since I seem to get n00b'd by Megid when I least expect it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Mayu
Jul 27, 2007, 09:49 PM
Then go ahead and make it <.<

Just don't get emo -.- if it DOES fail <.<

Turbobrain
Jul 27, 2007, 09:53 PM
IMO V IMPORTANT. I find on my main that my 28% ICE Sori-senba does far better than my Yamato on monsters such as Olghmons... mega/rainbow helps... A LOT.

On my FF'r I find the elemental %'s a must.

Garnet_Moon
Jul 27, 2007, 09:59 PM
If you would normally get hit by a Volfu for 500, you would only get hit for 250 with a 50% lightning armor.

That adds up when they gank you all at once; and BTW, there's like 11 that spawn at once I think.

You can do the math yourself.

Sekani
Jul 27, 2007, 10:25 PM
PROTIP: There are a couple of exceptions, but in general dark armor will not decrease your chances of dying from megid.

Garnet_Moon
Jul 27, 2007, 10:29 PM
On 2007-07-27 20:25, Sekani wrote:
PROTIP: There are a couple of exceptions, but in general dark armor will not decrease your chances of dying from megid.

Yeah. Even with high % Jarba Megid will still kill you by shear damage alone in a single hit. The Incapacitation effect won't even have a chance to go off.

Niloklives
Jul 27, 2007, 10:53 PM
th epoint though is that dark armor does not prevent or resist the "incapacitate" effect. it only reduces damage. there are few armors that have built in megid resistance, but those are rare instances.

Wallin
Jul 27, 2007, 11:58 PM
Oh, well, screw that then, guess I'll just have to take the money I was going to use and give it to my teammates for Moon Atomizers... thanks guys http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Though it is helpful for future reference with other things. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Golto
Jul 28, 2007, 10:13 AM
On 2007-07-27 19:59, Garnet_Moon wrote:
If you would normally get hit by a Volfu for 500, you would only get hit for 250 with a 50% lightning armor.

That adds up when they gank you all at once; and BTW, there's like 11 that spawn at once I think.

That is incorrect you get greater damage reduction than what the element % + mega rainbow. 50% lightning armor + mega rainbow will reduce damage by at least 75%. So element % is very important on missions with the high lvl monsters.

drizzle
Jul 28, 2007, 10:20 AM
It's more than 50% actual damage reduction because the -50% (or -58% with mega/rainbow) is calculated BEFORE the DFP or MST part. So depending on how hard the hit was it can even be reduced to 0.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Jul 28, 2007, 11:30 AM
Elemental percent is by far the most important defensive stat.

Kili
Jul 28, 2007, 12:19 PM
On 2007-07-28 09:30, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:
Elemental percent is by far the most important defensive stat.

i totally agree with this.
carrying around armours with different elemental stats is v important IMO, although in some areas there may only be enemies of say 1 or 2 different element, the chances are that you will do better if you have an armour that protects better against both variants. so in valley of carnage with both ice and fire enemies it is important to carry both an ice elemental armour and a fire elmental armour, this way you can change armour to match the enemies that you are fighting, as most mobs only consist of one element of enemy. and it only takes a second to change an armour.

and as far as the armour % vs defence. i think that against an enemy with the same ele as your armour your ele % is more important than the armours defense stat. if the armour element is good then i find that it will far outweigh the defense of the armour.

but then again, if you are looking for an armour to globally use and therefore not to change all the time then focus on getting an armour with a better defence rather than paying more for a great elemental %.
XD

XDeviousX
Jul 28, 2007, 12:44 PM
Armor with a high mst stat and a high elemental % is remarkably good, but esp when you add a mega rainbow...

360NyTeMaRe
Jul 28, 2007, 12:45 PM
It makes all the difference. Trust me.

Here's the damage I take from Badira in Lab Recovery S2, at Lv83 (approximation) as a Fortegunner CAST

14% fire Phantom Line (sold) - 110 damage
22% fire Phantom Line - about 70 damage
14% (22% with Mega / Rainbow) fire Weld Line - 55 damage

It only really made a 40 damage difference going from 14-22% on Phantom Lines, but imagine that you'd cut off more damage being hit by higher level monsters.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 360NyTeMaRe on 2007-07-28 10:46 ]</font>

Golto
Jul 28, 2007, 01:41 PM
Calculating 100% correct damage reduction from element % is still unclear, to me at least.

I was lucky enough to synth 2 50% Crimson Lines, one fire and the other ground.
Wearing 50% ground + mega rainbow against lvl 105 Navals 45 average damage. Wearing Fire Crimson line against lvl 105 Navals 200 average damage. 77.5% damage reduction from 58% element. So dfp being equal there is still extra unaccounted amount for damage reduction. 58% should be 116 average damage and since 5 dfp = 1 point reduction of damage and +58% of crimson line's dfp is only 73-74 dfp that can't account for the extra 70+ damage reduction. Even if it was +58% dfp to total dfp for most chars it would only be a max of 30 points in damage reduction.

I reallly think how elemental % damage reduction is calculated has nothing to do with dfp.

xiuying
Jul 28, 2007, 02:10 PM
very important

i'm using a 50% lightning stellaline (3* armor) for the boss fight on desert goliath s2. works better than my 18% phantom line or my 18% gigush line

Mystil
Jul 28, 2007, 05:05 PM
I've said this before..

I got...

Gigaline 26%fire(not using hardline because its missing some important slots)
Te-Sena 27% light
Gi-senba 28% ice

Crimson line 27% lightening
Crimson line 22% light

Te-senba protects me better than the light Crimson line despite it having higher DFP.

The system is really messed up.

AweOfShe
Jul 28, 2007, 05:24 PM
How important is elemental armor? It's important, but it doesn't protect players that are still idiots.

For example, I've seen players fighting De Ragan with Ice Armor die less than people with high % Fire Armor, simply because they bother to run away from the range of his god damn flamethrower-like attack. The others just get cocky thinking they won't die and take it, but die anyways and lol it off. Morons. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

SolomonGrundy
Jul 28, 2007, 05:26 PM
in area where there is a single element, elemental armor % is the most important. In areas where there re multiple elements, pick the biggest threat, and wear armor of that element.

exception: armor in neudiaz is hard to pick. enemies are ice/fire, ang getting swatted with the opposite element,while wearing your 50% megaline is not adviseable.

drizzle
Jul 28, 2007, 05:27 PM
On 2007-07-28 11:41, Golto wrote:
I reallly think how elemental % damage reduction is calculated has nothing to do with dfp.

Like I mentioned earlier, first the elemental reduction is calculated, then DFP reduction.
You could say it is the enemy ATP that is reduced by your elemental defense.

On 2007-07-28 15:26, SolomonGrundy wrote:
exception: armor in neudiaz is hard to pick. enemies are ice/fire, ang getting swatted with the opposite element,while wearing your 50% megaline is not adviseable.

Wear ice. None of the fire monsters are a serious threat even with a 50% damage increase ;p

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: drizzle on 2007-07-28 15:29 ]</font>

360NyTeMaRe
Jul 28, 2007, 05:47 PM
On 2007-07-28 15:05, Mystil wrote:
I've said this before..

I got...

Te-Sena 27% light
Gi-senba 28% ice

Crimson line 22% light

Te-senba protects me better than the light Crimson line despite it having higher DFP.

How in the heck did you get odd % armors that can't be bought from the NPC...? It's impossible!

Kimil
Jul 28, 2007, 06:01 PM
Elemental % > Def Stat
... But I hear that in AoI Sega changed something...?

Xaeris
Jul 28, 2007, 06:24 PM
As everyone has already said, element % trumps all. It's an absolutely ridiculous system that allows a fT in a 4* armor to take barely more damage than an fF in a 9*.

Sasamichan
Jul 29, 2007, 04:36 AM
On 2007-07-28 16:01, Kimil wrote:

... But I hear that in AoI Sega changed something...?

I call this a BS rumor until this is announced by SEGA or in effect.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sasamichan on 2007-07-29 02:36 ]</font>

Sexy_Raine
Jul 29, 2007, 11:09 AM
On 2007-07-28 12:10, xiuying wrote:
very important

i'm using a 50% lightning stellaline (3* armor) for the boss fight on desert goliath s2. works better than my 18% phantom line or my 18% gigush line

I have a 50% stellaline as well, I used it when I soloed S2 zoulgoug. It saved me from using scapes definitely. On a newman FT, lv110 Zoulgoug's crash landing did 370-400 damage x2 when I had the 50% Stellaline equipped. It shouldn't even be possible, but it is!

Armor %'s are overpowered. I hope this gets changed.

panzer_unit
Jul 30, 2007, 09:22 AM
I like having one high-EVP armor (evading is a %-based damage resistance too) instead of trying to make a bunch of high-% and having to switch all the time... fights against multiple elements are fairly common, and some monster types can throw two or more elements at you. Also it's about the only way to roll when you're using A-rank drop-only armors for set bonuses etc.

DEM_CIG
Jul 30, 2007, 10:51 AM
Elemental armor does make a difference, but i will stick with my nuetral phatomline ive had that since i was lvl 35 and i dont see that much of a difference to make me go out and buy 6 more different armors with different elements...

Niloklives
Jul 30, 2007, 01:13 PM
On 2007-07-28 15:47, 360NyTeMaRe wrote:

I've said this before..

I got...

Te-Sena 27% light
Gi-senba 28% ice

Crimson line 22% light

How in the heck did you get odd % armors that can't be bought from the NPC...? It's impossible!

you can buy te senbas from the npc

60Hz
Jul 31, 2007, 11:54 AM
I've said this before..

I got...

Te-Sena 27% light
Gi-senba 28% ice

Crimson line 22% light

Crimsonlines 27%? was that a typo???

anyway i dont find anything wrong with the system, saves me money... and its not like you are invincible... why is everyone on the side of the enemies????

plus they are easier to synth and u can still sell them for a good price?

Rumor is in AOI they are changing elemental system some how, but it seems to be mainly aimed at melee weaps...

pikachief
Jul 31, 2007, 12:00 PM
On 2007-07-27 19:59, Garnet_Moon wrote:

getting hit for 500 bugged me so i went electric armor shopping http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

found a nice 20% weld line and they only do about 250 now ^.^ IMAGINE 50%! O.O

Powder Keg
Jul 31, 2007, 01:17 PM
I think %'s are very important. When I first started out, I synthed a Busterline with 44% fire. No fire enemies could touch me, really. Just don't try and fight the opposite element. >_>

I'm not positive if Dark Armor really doesn't stop megid's Incapacitate or not, but I know that if your MST is high enough for the damage to be 0 it won't do a thing to you.