PDA

View Full Version : FanArt: I need practice...

ForceOfBrokenGlass
Jul 28, 2007, 01:56 AM
I made 2 attempts over the last two weeks to pencil in my HUney from PSOBB. These are the results.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/Oddplume/Drawing/5d09506d.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/Oddplume/Drawing/db7f75db.png
Feel free to bash and jeer but a few pointers would be nice.

Sayara
Jul 28, 2007, 07:42 AM
Nothing a little anatomy references wouldn't help.

The 2nd one came out alot better as the first one feels awkwardly standing slantly,

DamonKatu
Jul 28, 2007, 09:33 AM
wow, nice O.O The scant one nice...*pulls his eyes out* That's better. Lits just say I have issues with myself. The first one is still good however, put the pose is better...

Sagasu
Jul 28, 2007, 04:38 PM
Static poses, blank expressions.. theres really not much to see here.

Forget anatomy, try a more creative angle next time. ;3

Saeren
Jul 28, 2007, 11:53 PM
I'm going to have to say just practice and practice... i have been drawing anime for over 3 years myself (since i was 11) and still cant draw my own charicter myself, if i would ever bother, i would be asking those people who did the realy good fan art pics how they do it so profetionaly.

Wallin
Jul 29, 2007, 01:45 PM
On 2007-07-28 14:38, Sagasu wrote:
Static poses, blank expressions.. theres really not much to see here.

Forget anatomy, try a more creative angle next time. ;3

Going off-topic here since I'm not talking about the original poster, but I don't agree with that at all. "Forget anatomy"? Uhhh, that's kinda the basis of all figure drawing... It doesn't matter how dynamic an artist draws a picture if the proportionality is off. If it's not pleasing to the eye the first time, putting it in an action pose won't fix anything, that's just a poor attempt to hide the mistakes. And no, drawing things off scale is not a style if the artist didn't intend it.

Sagasu
Jul 29, 2007, 03:56 PM
Sorry, I didnt mean for that to sound like "ignore improving your anatomy for the rest of your artistic career because it is useless and void."

But "improve anatomy" is like saying.. run faster so that you'll win the race. NO DUH. XD

Regardless, one will come to grasp their own sense of porportion in due time. That takes practice, practice.. and uh, more practice. No pointers to be given there. Yet if you get stuck in the rut of practicing boring things then well, you'll just get better at drawing boring things. (albiet the skill carries over if one then attempts more dynamic angles and whatnot.. but not nearly as well as if you had trained oneself to do these things from the get go. My own mistake, ;_;)

So my advice was to approach things froma more creative angle, sure you can draw a photorealistic face.. but through what range of emotions? Upsidedown? Attactched to a body mid-backflip off a 40 story building?

etc. :3

Wallin
Jul 29, 2007, 04:00 PM
Oh, okay then, LOL ^_^