PDA

View Full Version : Rare Weapons: Just tools to get the job done faster

Jet1337
Jul 28, 2007, 12:39 PM
Like my topic says. When it all comes down to it, aren't these S ranks just better tools to complete these repetitive missions faster?

Why are people so crazy over S ranks? And why do they sell them for millions? They're not even weapons yet, they're just boards.

360NyTeMaRe
Jul 28, 2007, 12:41 PM
If they were high percentage, then yes. Any S-rank 34% or higher is worthy of the "better than 9* A Rank" title.

Actually, most of the time they make missions slower! It's because everyone makes 10% weapons and forgets to feed them to the PM.

VanHalen
Jul 28, 2007, 12:42 PM
Same can be said for PSO rarz. The same dang levels with another difficulty but different weapons.

I thought you quit PSU?

DaRkWoLf30
Jul 28, 2007, 12:43 PM
Well S ranks also look coo, some of them anways.

Jet1337
Jul 28, 2007, 12:54 PM
I did quit PSU, but before I break away entirely from the Phantasy Star community, I would like to know what makes the community tick and why they play this mundane game.

Back when I liked it, I had a Meteor Cannoc. A lot of people will say that Kubara weapons are shit. I disagreed. It all comes down to your level of Photon Arts. And I bet the majority of people would rather have a lvl. 1 PA with a Shigga Desta as opposed to a lvl. 30 PA with a Shigga Bomac or a "lesser" shotgun, because of "how cool" S ranks look. If the pretty S ranks are all that keep you coming back to this game, you must be an easy crowd to please.

Shishi-O
Jul 28, 2007, 12:55 PM
for now 50% a-ranks, cook my butter.

i have made a couple, for price of mats http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shishi-O on 2007-07-28 10:56 ]</font>

Kion
Jul 28, 2007, 12:56 PM
Rare Weapons: Just tools to get the job done faster i and look sexy doing it

360NyTeMaRe
Jul 28, 2007, 12:56 PM
On 2007-07-28 10:42, VanHalen wrote:
Same can be said for PSO rarz. The same dang levels with another difficulty but different weapons.

I thought you quit PSU?

Someone asked me to come back, and I play occasionally. I don't hunt for rares or push to level up anymore.

Rashiid
Jul 28, 2007, 12:57 PM
On 2007-07-28 10:54, Jet1337 wrote:
If the pretty S ranks are all that keep you coming back to this game, you must be an easy crowd to please.

oh im sorry; who truly gets S ranks for power?

tell that to sumone w/ a Howrod (10).

they would trade that for a Halarod in a heartbeat.

Phantom (10)? theyd trade that for a Blackbull in a heartbeat.

if you play phantasystartuniverse and dont even think about looks; gtfo.

360NyTeMaRe
Jul 28, 2007, 12:57 PM
Back when I liked it, I had a Meteor Cannoc.

That's the reason I quit at first is because I failed the synthesis.

Kylie
Jul 28, 2007, 12:58 PM
9* works just as good, especially grinded (if you can, lol).
But S ranks are rare, and I guess having something rare fills voids for some.

Kinfante
Jul 28, 2007, 12:59 PM
Whats the point of the game now? Just to be there.....?

Kion
Jul 28, 2007, 01:03 PM
On 2007-07-28 10:57, Rashiid wrote:

Actually a Phantom +10 is a good trade for a Blackbull. The phantom maybe more powerful now, but think about when AoI comes out and we can grind S ranks. S ranks have more maximum potential, +10's are as good as there ever going to get.

Jet1337
Jul 28, 2007, 01:07 PM

If the pretty S ranks are all that keep you coming back to this game, you must be an easy crowd to please.

LoL, so what you're saying is that you wanna look "good" with ps2-quality graphics for $9.99 + tax a month?!? Surely there's a better reason for playing this game than that...

hainsaw3
Jul 28, 2007, 01:15 PM
You are a VERY narrow minded person you know that?

Rashiid
Jul 28, 2007, 01:17 PM
On 2007-07-28 11:03, Kion wrote:

Actually a Phantom +10 is a good trade for a Blackbull. The phantom maybe more powerful now, but think about when AoI comes out and we can grind S ranks. S ranks have more maximum potential, +10's are as good as there ever going to get.

Phantoms (10) are liek what 5-7mil?

Blackbulls (well only 1 i know of) would be liek 12-15mil. sumone w/ a Blackbull would never trade just a Phantom (10)

and yes; ppl what are liek 'LOLBIGNUMBERS' never think of tha S rank itself grinded. since they cant break; ppl are gonna grind them big-time (i kno i will)

Tuxedose
Jul 28, 2007, 01:21 PM
I love the gameplay of both pso and psu. The action is cool. And I mainly want S - ranks for looks yes that might be true. But its so much more to this game than S-ranks for me. I plainly think its fun to slaughter enemies in Action gameplay http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif. And to me Pso and Psu are the perfect action rpg games with great story alot of items to find and a whole lot of people to play with http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

pikachief
Jul 28, 2007, 01:30 PM

i dont care about looks on my main! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

but on my alt is she doesnt look awesome then i cant play as her http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Jet1337
Jul 28, 2007, 01:31 PM
Tuxedose, be careful which words you choose. When you say "slaughter", that usually goes with bloodlust. And there's no gore in this game. Just enemies that poof into a green cloud sometimes. And there are far better playing and looking action-RPG's than Phantasy Star (damn you Sega). I understand your opinion though.

And Hainsaw3, explain to me why I'm narrow-minded.

Aralia
Jul 28, 2007, 01:35 PM
I play because I'm a rare hunter, simple as that.

So I'm easy to please.. What's your point?
MMO/O RPG = grindfest no matter how you look at it. The only difference between the games is how they disguise the grind. Some games offer more things to do, most offer rare weapons, and others still with character customization. PSU is no different from these, so w/e.

Jet1337
Jul 28, 2007, 01:42 PM
I see no grind in Two Worlds.

But hey, if that's how you wanna spend $120+ a year, go right ahead. I'm not objecting. I just wanna know the real reason why people play this mundane game.

Hath_Wrobo
Jul 28, 2007, 01:54 PM
Okay, now ask yourself this : Even in life, what type of fun activities or cool technology out there are not for A) making things easier B) making things quicker C) enjoyable D) for looks? We strive for prizes because the journey is memorable. 50% is about having the weapon, but the other 50% is about the trials needed to actually obtain this prize.

DreamLocke
Jul 28, 2007, 01:56 PM
My favorite types right now, and the only ones I put time into, are online rpgs. I'm tired of the FPS grind you usually get for the x360 at the moment.

While there are many choices on the PC, I don't have the best computer to run them, and besides, it would cost me a ton of money to upgrade it to match the 360's performance with games.

I hated FFXI. There are no online rpg's coming out for a long time for the 360 (besides two worlds, but not much is known how good it will be). So PSU suits my needs just fine.

Yeah, I will admit the PSU graphics aren't up to current 360 standards, but until recently online rpg's didn't always have the best visuals. A lot of MMO's have been out for years with few graphical updates. But as far as style, PSU wins over the generic fantasy cliches that are out there.

Rare hunting is just part of the genre. Almost every MMO has them. So is the "oh look what I have" mentality.

PSU isn't perfect by any means. But for some reason, I keep on coming back after quitting twice. lol.

Jife_Jifremok
Jul 28, 2007, 01:59 PM
I can play Monster Hunter so I can look good and GET AWAY WITH IT because stats mean a lot less, not have to do mindless rare hunting to get most things that are cool, and slaughter enemies in a far more well-designed and balanced gameplay system.

And yet I play this so much more, simply because there's something far more valuable than any number of S-rank drops...

360NyTeMaRe
Jul 28, 2007, 02:03 PM

I don't really care about looks, and plus, most of the S-ranks are pretty stupid looking anyway.

I like A-rank weapons, and how they look. I don't care about S-rank. I'm not paying 3 million meseta so I can stare at a stupid weapon and say "wow" but the only reason I tried to make the meteor cannoc is because technically I found the board, and therefore it was free.

And honestly, my Falcon+10 and Riflic+10 look cooler than any A-rank rifle.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 360NyTeMaRe on 2007-07-28 12:04 ]</font>

360NyTeMaRe
Jul 28, 2007, 02:05 PM

Aww it's just too bad that S rank grinders aren't out yet, and so we don't care. This is because by the time we get S rank grinders, S rank weapons will be easy as hell to get.

ljkkjlcm9
Jul 28, 2007, 02:12 PM
actually, I play the game to have fun with friends. If it weren't for my friends, and I know I'm not the only one saying this, I prolly would've stopped playing awhile ago

THE JACKEL

Gemel
Jul 28, 2007, 02:31 PM
Really dont play this game for the S Ranks only, its just to boring. I play this game because of friends and the battle system (I dont click the monster and watch!)

jmm22msu
Jul 28, 2007, 02:38 PM
IM glad you quit

HateName351
Jul 28, 2007, 02:53 PM
I seriously doubt that a 38% S rank hits as hard as a 50% 9*.

I think 44% might be about equal, but definitely not more. % is everything in this game.

Whackedcougar
Jul 28, 2007, 03:10 PM
On 2007-07-28 11:59, Jife_Jifremok wrote:
I can play Monster Hunter so I can look good and GET AWAY WITH IT because stats mean a lot less, not have to do mindless rare hunting to get most things that are cool, and slaughter enemies in a far more well-designed and balanced gameplay system.

Monster is awesome when it comes too lokks http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif.

But hey, if that's how you wanna spend $120+ a year, go right ahead. I'm not objecting. I just wanna know the real reason why people play this mundane game.

I want to know why you Played this 'Mundane' Game in the first place

Realmz
Jul 28, 2007, 03:32 PM
i play cause i have fun, and it gives me ideas for modeling and drawing...

it just seems to me that Jet1337 whats to have a lil flame war so he can laugh to himself

CelestialBlade
Jul 28, 2007, 03:42 PM
Some people play just because they want to.

God I'm sick of these topics.

MrNomad
Jul 28, 2007, 05:31 PM
I play because I like the sci-fi look and gameplay, plus im a SEGA/Sonic fan. 9.99 $ per month means nothing to me, but I guess some people have to be cheap about ORPGs. As for mundane, I'd say this game is far from it. If you want mundane, go play hero online, then try to lie to me and say thats not mundane. Go ahead, try.

AweOfShe
Jul 28, 2007, 06:15 PM
On 2007-07-28 12:12, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
actually, I play the game to have fun with friends. If it weren't for my friends, and I know I'm not the only one saying this, I prolly would've stopped playing awhile ago

THE JACKEL

Apparently Jet1337 is too cool for friends.

On 2007-07-28 11:42, Jet1337 wrote:
(inane garbage)

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL167/1964118/16010231/250153750.jpg

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AweOfShe on 2007-07-28 16:16 ]</font>

Tuxedose
Jul 28, 2007, 06:26 PM
On 2007-07-28 11:31, Jet1337 wrote:
Tuxedose, be careful which words you choose. When you say "slaughter", that usually goes with bloodlust. And there's no gore in this game. Just enemies that poof into a green cloud sometimes. And there are far better playing and looking action-RPG's than Phantasy Star (damn you Sega). I understand your opinion though.

And Hainsaw3, explain to me why I'm narrow-minded.

Well yea thats true. Your right I Slaughter was a bad choice of word. I did not mean it that way. But I think you get my point at least. Will think twice next time http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif oh and also the Graphics in Psu are not the most Hightech I know but I still think the game is beutiful cause of the design. I jus tlove the Sci Fi worlds of Pso and Psu they attract me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif.

Oh and to all who read my previous post. I am not a bloodlust maniac I just choose the wrong word. Forgive me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tuxedose on 2007-07-28 16:30 ]</font>

RegulusHikari
Jul 28, 2007, 06:47 PM
Graphics =/= Fun
Gore =/= Fun
Aimless Grinding =/= Fun

THAT is why I play PSU. Because it doesn't have a wave of screaming fanboys behind it that will cry whenever you insult it ala FF or WoW(which I have also picked up, and find PSU to be more enjoyable).

I'm the kind of person who looks for content in a game, not just gore, sex, or violence. PSU lacks the content, as of now, but its playstyle is by far, the most laid back I have experienced. EVER. I don't have to walk forever to get to a destination and the grind isn't long and tedious.

If you don't like grinding and you don't like farming, you won't like MMOs/ORPGs, sorry. That isn't a reason to spend your time shooting it down and the people do enjoy it.

Please retaliate against me for playing a petty game while you flame people on a message board over the INTERWEBS. You sir are a winnar.

RadiantLegend
Jul 28, 2007, 07:13 PM
Hunting sranks gives me something to do.

VanHalen
Jul 28, 2007, 10:02 PM
On 2007-07-28 10:56, 360NyTeMaRe wrote:

On 2007-07-28 10:42, VanHalen wrote:

I thought you quit PSU?

Someone asked me to come back, and I play occasionally. I don't hunt for rares or push to level up anymore.

Oh no that was directed toward Jet http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

SStrikerR
Jul 28, 2007, 10:09 PM
On 2007-07-28 10:57, 360NyTeMaRe wrote:

Back when I liked it, I had a Meteor Cannoc.

That's the reason I quit at first is because I failed the synthesis.

wow you r sad.

GenesisDX
Jul 29, 2007, 08:41 AM
Well if you don't play the same missions over and over then the game will still keep it's apppeal. Hell, there are still mishes in the game I haven't played yet. Even though I haven't found an S rank or even seen a board drop as of yet and I'm still playing the game. I don't play the game for the S rank, don't get me wrong it would be nice to have one, but it's not why I play the game. I play the game to have fun, if I was more serious about the game I would be lvl 9o, but alas I'm still lvl. 8o and I have over 8oo hours logged onto the game with that one character.

Seems to me you just like to whine and complain about shit. If you don't like the game quit, but don't come here bitchin to the people that actually enjoy it.

Sexy_Raine
Jul 29, 2007, 09:13 AM
PSU's S ranks suck compared to PSO's 10*-12* weps! But that's not the reason I here. I do it to enjoy myself while waiting for other games(like SSBB). And Jife, quit F-ing complaining, no one cares if some other game is better. I'm not trying to be mean just to let you know.

beatrixkiddo
Jul 29, 2007, 09:35 AM
Boring troll is boooooooring and sad and fail http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

RegulusHikari
Jul 29, 2007, 09:41 AM
On 2007-07-29 07:13, Sexy_Raine wrote:
like SSBB

Amen. ^-^

Chaobo99
Jul 29, 2007, 11:53 AM
I find the S ranks to increase your sex appeal points...

Nobo
Jul 29, 2007, 12:05 PM
On 2007-07-28 10:56, Kion wrote:
Rare Weapons: Just tools to get the job done faster i and look sexy doing it

I say HEL YEH! to that! I got three because they look cool, their strong if the percent isn't bad, and 2 of mine can inflict status effects. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_beer.gif

P.S.
Deva-zashi 20% ice is very helpful on vanda mehras since they can silence.

relentless
Jul 29, 2007, 12:33 PM
On 2007-07-28 11:15, hainsaw3 wrote:
You are a VERY narrow minded person you know that?

Seconded.

This topic is just another complain about the game, seriously.
I don't fucking pay 9.99 so I can look cool.
I have FUN playing this game.
I have FRIENDS I can play and chat with. (if I didn't have any I'm sure I could make a few <.<)
This game surely has more possibilities you can go with compared to PSO.
The "tools" you're talking about aren't the only things.
Events, equipment, lvls, PAs, clothes, friends oh whatever there is, I'm satisfied with this game.

You QUIT, okay? What was your reason anyways? Because you think hunting things to look cool is the only thing you basically can do?Lol -_-

I hunt S ranks because they're actually not rubbish and are pretty useful AND look cool AND if your'e still not satisfied then gtfo, trade them for more useful things in your opinion if you want..
You can grind them later on AotI.
If you have a low % melee S rank, then yeah, AoI somehow will fix the thing with low % items being not useful or the opposite, 50% weapons being too overpowered.
What's the thing about the "only to be faster" thing?
People sell them for millions because they're either simple-minded or they know for sure that there are still a few people owning a large amount of meseta who would be able to buy it easily.
People WANT them because they are rare, can trade them for better things, look cool, are usefuller in AoI. But they're just another side effect of wanting to play this game.

Well I guess you quit because you think this game isn't worth it, eh?
Then maybe look at what ST is trying to do? They're working on an expansion to make the game BETTER so MORE people want to play it.

Oh and, quitting because failing synthes? Hah, duh Lol
Failing things is part of the game, live with it.

Enough said, I'm tired. XD

Reginaldo
Jul 29, 2007, 01:48 PM
fun

noun
1. activities that are enjoyable or amusing; "I do it for the fun of it"; "he is fun to have around"

Video games are just circuits displaying information on a screen, do you question why people play video games as well?

Fun is subjective, just because something isn't fun for you doesn't mean that it isn't allowed to be fun for anybody else.

Why don't you just move on from this message board instead of questioning the validity of our enjoyment of a game that we like to dedicate some of our time to.

BAI BAI

creativehope
Jul 29, 2007, 06:33 PM
hee hee owned!!

XanGabriel
Jul 29, 2007, 07:12 PM
ok, skipping everything everyone said, Sranks don't make the job faster, they make them slower because you most of the time have to go out of your way to hunt them down. XDDD Still got that Daiga, people. Dont let it rust on me.

Jife_Jifremok
Jul 29, 2007, 08:30 PM
...I would like to know what makes the community tick and why they play this mundane game...

I would like to know why too. There's people who play it to enjoy with friends, people who like the style of the gameplay (especially after they've been through the "click and watch" gameplay of a typical MMORPG), but most people simply say "fun is subjective" or "it's an opinion" rather than give off a straight answer, like explaining what makes the game fun for them and compensates for the numerous flaws. It can be a difficult question to answer though. Maybe a more interrogation-like approach, albeit without any cruel or insulting tone, would be more in order for finding out what makes these people tick.

PJ
Jul 29, 2007, 08:45 PM
Wow, so people can't have opinions for liking this game, but yet, just saying this game is "mundane" makes it so.

Just...wow.

Mystil
Jul 30, 2007, 07:26 AM
I don't know what mundane means.

I guess they look cool *shrugs* but if you have 50% 9*'s you're set. If you don't, do you want to be stuck in the 9* range all your life? S-ranks are the next step for higher damage.

panzer_unit
Jul 30, 2007, 09:01 AM
You get the money and materials for synthesizing 9* weapons in the same missions you play to get S-rank weapon boards... it's not like an either/or choice there.

S-ranks have the same chance of coming out with a good % as anything else (e.g. practically none) so you might as well make 'em if you get the board. The melee weapons also do status effects, which is win. For guns (so far) the beam on Meteor Cannon flies a hell of a lot faster than A-rank laser cannon models, also causing the weapon to reload faster.

What makes the people tick who play this game for hundreds of hours and then have an emo meltdown on the forums about how much it "sucks" and we're all wasting our time? Did you grow up into an adult... "oh videogames are for little kids"... go get a job selling junk cars of some meaningless BS and leave people who know how to enjoy themselves alone.

Jet1337
Jul 31, 2007, 06:04 PM
Wow...I don't know where to begin. I get the feeling people are bashing me for quitting. Yes it's true, I quit. But I'm not making a big fucking deal out of it.

You say people play this game so they can make friends, and have fun? I'm on the 360, and I can take my friends with me, while you ps2 players have to come to this mundane game to meet them. Sucks to be you, qq.

VanHalen
Jul 31, 2007, 06:08 PM
Lolno people don't care you quit http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

They bash you for bashing the game.

Now, can I have your stuff?

PJ
Jul 31, 2007, 06:20 PM
On 2007-07-31 16:04, Jet1337 wrote:
Wow...I don't know where to begin. I get the feeling people are bashing me for quitting. Yes it's true, I quit. But I'm not making a big fucking deal out of it.
Maybe cause you've quit twice now, and felt the need to announce it to everyone here when no one cares. And then go on to bash the game and people who like it because you don't.

Jet1337
Jul 31, 2007, 06:34 PM
I didn't fucking bash them. I asked them why they play it.

And I didn't quit twice. People who quit and come back are the REAL addicts of videogames. I've quit, and I'm not coming back. It's THAT SIMPLE.

Now don't take this post as an offense. I just simply wanted to clarify and re-explain

Garnet_Moon
Jul 31, 2007, 06:43 PM
On 2007-07-30 05:26, Mystil wrote:
I don't know what mundane means.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Jet1337
Jul 31, 2007, 06:52 PM
Well, mundane is a word with a few different meanings. The meanings that I'm using are:

common
ordinary
banal
unimaginative

What makes the game common? Well ask yourself this. What makes it so different from other grinding MMO's

What makes it ordinary? What part of this game haven't you experienced in other MMO's?

What's banal mean? Devoid of freshness and originality. This game is heavily inspired from Star Wars. Not that it's bad or anything. I like sci-fi so I like the idea of using photons for weapons.

What makes it unimaginative? I bet a person with a middle-shool level of education can come up with this stuff. Again, not that it's a bad thng, but since this is the next generation of videogames, I expect Sega to come up and spice things up now and then. If you got people saying they'd rather play PSO over this next-gen Phantasy Star, then something's wrong.

Parn
Jul 31, 2007, 06:54 PM
On 2007-07-31 16:52, Jet1337 wrote:
If you got people saying they'd rather play PSO over this next-gen Phantasy Star, then something's wrong.
They're in a small minority. A very small, but vocal minority. Note how most of them don't actually go and play PSO, which is still available to play even now. They continue to play PSU instead.

A lot of it has to do with their attraction to my hot body. I can't blame them!

PJ
Jul 31, 2007, 06:56 PM
On 2007-07-31 16:34, Jet1337 wrote:
I didn't fucking bash them. I asked them why they play it.

Yes you did.

Asking why they play it is fine, but, you said

I would like to know what makes the community tick and why they play this mundane game.
Way to throw your opinion into the question.
And

Amd

And
http://pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=148395&forum=20

We get it. You don't like PSU. Go away. You suck at trolling, etc.

Jet1337
Jul 31, 2007, 07:09 PM
You take it as if "mundane" is an insult. I think of it as a compliment.

Sekani
Jul 31, 2007, 07:13 PM
On 2007-07-31 17:09, Jet1337 wrote:
You take it as if "mundane" is an insult. I think of it as a compliment.

Your posts in this thread are quite mundane. I wonder why people bother responding to them, it's no fun replying to mundane comments about a stale subject.

Jet1337
Jul 31, 2007, 07:15 PM
LoL, so you think that asking people why they play this game is stale?

PJ
Jul 31, 2007, 07:16 PM
On 2007-07-31 17:15, Jet1337 wrote:
LoL, so you think that asking people why they play this game is stale?

Uh, yes.

I think theres way better things you could be doing with your life. Including but not limited to, playing something else and not worrying what other people do.

Jet1337
Jul 31, 2007, 07:34 PM
I'm not worrying, don't get me wrong. And I could tell you that exact thing.

Sinue_v2
Jul 31, 2007, 08:02 PM
They're in a small minority. A very small, but vocal minority.

I would argue that the vast majority are the people who are dissatisfied with the game - but you don't hear from them because they largely just up and quit or they went back to PSO and haven't come back to complain. Many of the vocal complainers are people who like the game, but they see fatal flaws in it that need to be addressed - and they are extremely frustrated with both Sonic Team and the apologists. They know the game has the potential to be so much more than what it is and what it has thus far aspired to be.

So yes, while the vocal complainers are a smaller crowd than the people who are satisfied or aren't vocal about it - the vast majority of people who aren't satisfied simply quit.

And then of course, there's those who just like trolling.

panzer_unit
Jul 31, 2007, 08:23 PM
Even among my RL friends who've quit PSU, and did so quite a while ago, I think it claimed more of their time and gave more hours of fun than anything else out for PS2. It's just a shame people turn into such bitter pills when it comes quitting time. It's just a video game, let it go. Getting bored or pissed off or whatever happens all the time. I've got stacks of games I don't play much/at all any more.

Serephim
Jul 31, 2007, 09:17 PM
On 2007-07-28 11:42, Jet1337 wrote:
I see no grind in Two Worlds.

And we want to know why your here if you think that way?

Granted you go to the movies every month your spending way more than $120 a year on that specific entertainment anyway, i don't see a difference.

Primus30
Jul 31, 2007, 10:14 PM
On 2007-07-28 10:39, Jet1337 wrote:
Like my topic says. When it all comes down to it, aren't these S ranks just better tools to complete these repetitive missions faster?

Why are people so crazy over S ranks? And why do they sell them for millions? They're not even weapons yet, they're just boards.

Because they look cool as hell.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Primus30 on 2007-07-31 20:15 ]</font>

Rashiid
Aug 1, 2007, 12:44 AM
*walks in party w/ Svaltus Sword*

'kool!' 'wow!'

*guys comes in w/ 50% Caliburn*

'.....look at tha Svaltus!!' 'i know its cool huh?'

xgp
Aug 1, 2007, 10:24 AM
this game is fun and s ranks r cool thay gave pll someing to do and gave us a y for players shops

KamiSori
Aug 1, 2007, 05:52 PM
troll topics fail. why in the hell do people like OP need our approval or acceptance of their own decision? you quit. we didnt. now do you actually need to ask the commuinity why they play? you shouldnt because its obvious, theyre having fun. i dont care how many stupid points you make you cant convince me that im not having fun.

and LOL at the comparisons to Two Worlds. if youre really into knights and wizards type games then im sure youll get some fun out of it but its going to look like shat compared to Age of Conan. PSU is a unique game in that its one of the few MMOs that are not based on the overplayed LOTR/Mid Ages style universe. Two Worlds will probably not last as long as PSU bc its just too cliched. plus Phantasy star already has a pretty big fan base.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KamiSori on 2007-08-01 15:54 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KamiSori on 2007-08-01 15:59 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KamiSori on 2007-08-01 16:58 ]</font>

DragoonSlayer
Aug 1, 2007, 06:22 PM
On 2007-07-31 17:34, Jet1337 wrote:
I'm not worrying, don't get me wrong. And I could tell you that exact thing.

doggie, i read dis entire forum (don't ask), and all u do is bitch and complain about this game NOW that u don't play anymore. u liked it, and for whatever reason u liked it, people still like it. i'm pretty sure everbody doesn't play it just to waste the $10 they have over every month, nor because it had gotten tha hottest ratings (the best i've seen online & mag was 6.75). they play it cuz they find entertainment in it, like u once did. now that u found a replacement doesn't mean u can be a JUDAS PRIEST about it. this isn't a rant or any shit like dat, dis is your answer to "I just wanna find out why people play this mundain...." bull-shit u seem to make this topic for. deres ur answer, not stop tryin to make yourself seem like an "INNOCENT" public enemy #1

D1ABOLIK
Aug 1, 2007, 09:32 PM
I think PSO is a far better game but i dont come on here and bitch about it 24/7.This game has many major flaws that need to be addressed but im not really expecting sonic team to address them so its irrelivant to complain about it.And besides,120 bucks over the course of a year is chump change and if you cant afford that,than how can you afford a 360,or a PC,or internet at that.Its 120 dollars over the course of a whole year.Whoopty freakin doo.I make that in a day.

________
AR ENGINE (http://www.toyota-wiki.com/wiki/Toyota_AR_engine)

Finae
Aug 2, 2007, 01:04 AM
Eh, every game has its issues, its quitters who come on forums to post now and forever, the whiners, the complainers, the slackers, the hardcore, the ones that say the game is going to die, the no lifers, and the postwhores. Only reason I play PSU is because of its hack & slash / real time combat system. Does that mean I play PSU 24/7? No, making one game your only game to play is bad. Get bored of one game, go to the other and go back to the original and you're not bored anymore. 9.99? Haha, I used to make that back when I was kid just working around the neighborhood. If you got serious issues right there, then I suggest you shouldn't be playing games at all.

S ranks? The only s rank that is actually good is psycho wand. The rest are for ****s and giggles unless you wind up with 38% or higher (melee weapons). If you could grind S ranks or if majority of the 12 star s ranks were out, then I may of said something different when it comes to ranged/force weapons. I'm not obsessed with pretty weapons as if I want to see a pretty weapon, I'll just fire up one of my other mmos and there, a awesome looking two handed sword! And yes, people will value someone with a S rank more than a person with a +10 a rank weapon or 44-50% weapon. Ooohh lalala, Johnny Cage has a Kan Yu with 10% ice, man he is really pwning the Kamatozes vs this guy with a ugly caliburn with 50% Fire! That guy with the caliburn sucks so much. Lets give Johnny Cage our partner cards so we can drool over the rest of his s ranks.

After hearing that, you should know I don't hunt seriously for these s rank weapons just yet (unlike PSO). Looking cool while doing **** damage or just standing there doing normal attacks showing off is dumb. Those nubz with the rucars back then did this just to get a "ooh lalala" out of someone. Give me the ugliest weapon in the world and as long as its 50%, +10 grind, I'll use it. Atleast I'm the one actually doing all the damage heh. Oh, but if you have a psycho wand, then yes, you can be both cool and do good damage. Sorry, Kazarod sucks when compared to Howrod+10. 3-4 tp difference not goin to help. So you shouldn't spend your life hunting for it, but hey, people don't listen. They just want to look cool and be better than other people.

People getting tired of using same weapon? Haha, go play some other mmos and you'll get used to it. I know in FFXI, I was using a Lvl 75 Scythe that looks like a Level 1 weapon haha. Damage over look, always.

PSO vs PSU? Eh, I'm starting to like PSO more these days. Atleast they had those ghey quests I could do and those endless nightmare runs buhahaha. And I think PSO was more challenging than PSU. PSO vs PSU drop rate....well, atleast I obtained a legit spread needle back then in PSOBB haha.

Don't have any hate for OP (if he continues to post now and forever, it tells me he'll come back to the game) as I see topics like this all the time for games. PSU is a fun game to some, to others its a repetitive, mindless, and boring game. PSO was the same way except the grind was quite troublesome and time consuming (joke in psu). But I will say though that the PSU of today when compared to when it launched back in Oct is a hell of a lot better and I hope Sega will fix its current flaws in the future.

Really, no game out there is perfect else we'd all be playing that game now and forever and not this game. Like everything in life, every single thing will have its flaws (i.e U.S government haha). Just learn to deal with it or move on. Harping on the past doesn't solve anything. So get on with your life, go on to another game, and forget about PSU now and forever OP, no need to ask people why they play a game or to bash it (then again, forums make up the minority of the community for any game so I doubt anyone cares) http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif. They love it and negativity isn't going to stop them from playing it.