PDA

View Full Version : Questions on the advanced techniques, and techniques in gene

Fredrick
Jul 28, 2007, 05:29 PM
I don't have any PA fragments, so I can't see what's even available.

Are all the technics listed on PSUpedia available now? How does Megistar work? It says in the description it boosts all abilities. So does it stack onto the regular S,D,Z,R? Or does it replace them?

Oh and I remember hearing somewhere that you can only teach your character so many PAs. Well is that true, and does it apply to technics? If it is true, how many can you learn?

And this is kind of unrelated, but what's the best way to organize technique presets? What I end up having to do is change the presets every time I switch areas, which gets really old. Because I always need to heal on the fly, resta takes up a spot on each weapon... making things even more frustrating.

So what do you do? What's the most efficient way to manage the different techniques?

Garnet_Moon
Jul 28, 2007, 05:41 PM
Megistar isn't available even on the JP side, so nobody knows how it'll work yet, I think. I might be wrong. The item replaces the normal buffs, I think, so i'd assume the spell will as well.

I think the PA limit is 36. Your character shares this limit with all jobs he or she chooses.

You level fortefighter and use 10 arts.
You switch to ranger and use 20 arts.

This means if you decide to go force, you only have 6 slots left. Adding more is only possible if you overwrite a current one. Doing so loses the art forever and will need to be re-learned to use again.

If you're on PC, and have a decent one, there is no excuse for having Resta on any stick except it's own. The rest should be same element for that 12% bonus.

If you're on PS2, then resta on every stick is a god send. Same can be said for PC, but that usually comes from people with shitty computers or lazy techers.

My palette looks like this...

Fire Reiharod (plus a spare)
Earth Reiharod (plus a spare
Ice Reiharod (plus a spare)
Gun + Staff (Retier and Resta)
Gun + Staff (Reverser and Resta)
Flaming Bow

You're free to do it however you wish, but i'm pretty quick at weapon swapping, so I don't have much problem with this style.

To better illustrate my method better.

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/8706/psu20070729083340000vl6.jpg

Typically, on all my damage rods I keep them as such...

(X) Ra series
R1+(X) Damu series
(Y) Linear series(Diga, Barta, etc)
R1+(Y) Gi series

Whenever I have resta on a stick, it'll always be on an (X), and Retier/Reverser will always be on a (Y). Giresta(whenever I get it again) will stay where it's always been, and be on the alternate (X) that resta ain't on.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2007-07-28 16:37 ]</font>

Fredrick
Jul 28, 2007, 09:11 PM
Well that's how I would like to to it... but the problem I see is what if you're in an area where you need mostly fire based techs? You would run out very quickly and either need to use a photon charge (too expensive), go back to a PP charger (too annoying), or set some fire based move to a weapon that still has PP (also too annoying).

I don't understand why they couldn't use the PSO method. Where moves are set to the buttons, and not the weapons.

EJ
Jul 28, 2007, 09:49 PM
foie uses so little pp that even at 21+ you will be using 9pp per cast on foie also when first starting the pp cube is very cheap that you find enough meseta to make some profit in missions and recharge your weapons also.