PDA

View Full Version : Anonymous?

Kylie
Jul 28, 2007, 07:51 PM
New hair styles and weapons are nice, but do you know what I'd like to see on the expansion? Anonymous mode. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif I'm just tired of getting "mass mails" every second, getting mails from people I don't know, and it's so lame that anyone can see my location at any time and track me down. v.v I could tell these people off, but it's not really the people... because in moderation, it's fine, but there's a problem when you can't enjoy a mission because of constant "bings" from a variety of sources. I've played games that had modes like anonymous, and it worked very well for all of them. Grr, I could ignore the mails, but people start getting emo on me when I do.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kylie on 2007-07-28 17:53 ]</font>

Garnet_Moon
Jul 28, 2007, 07:57 PM
I know what games you're talking about, and every single playable class in those games can solo better than every single playable class in PSU.

Some people don't like to be bothered while they camp rare spawns and solo.

EDIT: My post count rivals that of the mighty Blue-Eyes White De Ragan! w00taru~

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2007-07-28 17:58 ]</font>

DikkyRay
Jul 28, 2007, 07:58 PM
what?
You know theres a Blacklist right?

Garnet_Moon
Jul 28, 2007, 07:59 PM
On 2007-07-28 17:58, DikkyRay wrote:
what?
You know theres a Blacklist right?

I don't think that's what she means. I'm gonna avoid that all-together by never handing out my partner card.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Kylie
Jul 28, 2007, 08:00 PM
On 2007-07-28 17:57, Garnet_Moon wrote:
I know what games you're talking about, and every single playable class in those games can solo better than every single playable class in PSU.

There are classes in The Sims Online and Monster Hunter? o.o Anyways, I understand that PSU is meant to be a party game, so to speak, but why not give us the option to receive mails or not? Or to have our location displayed?

It's just frustrating is all, and I don't think it would take much to fix.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kylie on 2007-07-28 18:01 ]</font>

Garnet_Moon
Jul 28, 2007, 08:01 PM
On 2007-07-28 18:00, Kylie wrote:

On 2007-07-28 17:57, Garnet_Moon wrote:

There are classes in The Sims Online and Monster Hunter? o.o Anyways, I understand that PSU is meant to be a party game, so to speak, but why not give us the option to receive mails or not? Or to have our location displayed?

Don't know about MH, but in sims sure!

You've got the Dead Beat, the No Lifer, the prep, etc etc.

And I may or may not have touched your ears while you where just AFK by the teleport lady by the moatoob flier base...

DikkyRay
Jul 28, 2007, 08:03 PM
well the thing is, there arent enough people who actually care (that's not supposed to sound harsh)
But whats wrong with recieving mail? Just ignore it if you can't read it atm

pionear
Jul 28, 2007, 08:04 PM
On 2007-07-28 18:03, DikkyRay wrote:
well the thing is, there arent enough people who actually care (that's not supposed to sound harsh)
But whats wrong with recieving mail? Just ignore it if you can't read it atm

QFT.

Realmz
Jul 28, 2007, 08:05 PM
someone say anonymous?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxWgRY1I_SI

cause i think i heard someone say anonymous...

Mayu
Jul 28, 2007, 08:06 PM
Ignoring will help you http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

or - ''I'm busy or something'' ;p

Kylie
Jul 28, 2007, 08:06 PM
xD Garnet. And crap, I was supposed to be un-afk by now.

@Dikky: A lot of people I've talked to about it want it to be an option. It just sucks because you have people that are like certain people on myspace that get all freaked out and think you're ignoring them if they see you've been online and didn't write them back. I suppose maybe I should be less nice about it, but eh... I can't help it.

DikkyRay
Jul 28, 2007, 08:09 PM
Alot of people? 50 or 100. THATS alot of people.
6 or 7 friends isnt alot. There are Hundreds of people on PSU that could care less about this issue.
And if they "get all emo" block them. Problem solved!

Garnet_Moon
Jul 28, 2007, 08:13 PM
This game needs a "Block the entire world button" button. I forget which messenger service has it, but it's the most emo button I've ever seen.

Kion
Jul 28, 2007, 08:16 PM
On 2007-07-28 17:51, Kylie wrote:
I'd like to see on the expansion? Anonymous mode. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif

I think exspansion will allow you set a status symbol which will tell other players your current status: afk, looking for a party, recruiting for a party, soloing and willing to help beginners are all tags available. It will probably become ediquite to not mail people with 'solo' or 'afk' tags.

Edit: Here's the original content from Esiokaos' Famitsu transalation thread:

11. Interface

11-01. Will there be any changes to the in-game mail functions?
One known change will be the ability to send simple mail from a person's partner card.

11-02. Any changes to the partner card system?
Aside from what was mentioned above, now your total number of cards will be displayed out of the maximum number you can have.

11-03. What is the new "online status" option?
This allows you to tag yourself depending on your current style of gameplay or what kind of game you're looking for. The options during the beta included:
* No tag (will not attach a tag to your name)
* AFK (if away for an extended period)
* Temporarily AFK (if you plan to be away for just a few moments)
* Solo play (for when you just want to solo)
* Recruiting party (to let others know you're looking for party members)
* Beginner guide (to let others know you are willing to help out beginners)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kion on 2007-07-28 18:50 ]</font>

Kylie
Jul 28, 2007, 08:23 PM
On 2007-07-28 18:16, Kion wrote:

On 2007-07-28 17:51, Kylie wrote:
I'd like to see on the expansion? Anonymous mode. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif

I think exspansion will allow you set a status symbol which will tell other players your current status: afk, looking for a party, recruiting for a party, soloing and willing to help beginners are all tags available. It will probably become ediquite to not mail people with 'solo' or 'afk' tags.

That won't help you much if you move locations during that time or start a mission. Hm, will the afk thing show on your card or just above your head in the lobbies?

Kion
Jul 28, 2007, 09:12 PM
I edited my post above to include the information from Famitsu, so that's all we know for certain at the moment.

I've thought about changes I want to see alot, and idealy these are things that I would personally like to see:
- the ability to change the card according to teams, that way when you scrool through your card list, you can see people who are grouped together. For example, I'm in G&B, so all of our cards would appear red, while 2hawt4u would all be blue. Each team would be able to choose their color.

- up-to-date information on other people's cards, so you can see new changes the person makes to their customization as opposed to eternally being in the condition you get it.

- being able to sort people by groups like in AIM would be nice. You could have categories like friends, fellow techers, PSOW, ect. to be able to search and browse by instead of a straight 5 page list.

- an alteration to setting priority, each priority would come with priviledges. The standard preset for priority on all cards when you receive them would be two. Only priority one would be able to see where you are, two would be the normal mail and invite, and three would be the option to bump down, you can't get mails, they can't invite, but it wouldn't prevent you from coincidentally ending up in a party together.

Kylie
Jul 28, 2007, 09:42 PM
- an alteration to setting priority, each priority would come with priviledges. The standard preset for priority on all cards when you receive them would be two. Only priority one would be able to see where you are, two would be the normal mail and invite, and three would be the option to bump down, you can't get mails, they can't invite, but it wouldn't prevent you from coincidentally ending up in a party together.
That would be a nice alternative to having an anonymous option. I don't know, I'll just take anything that won't allow people to see where I am that isn't the blacklist because a lot of people are on the fence of being tolerable and being intolerable, and I don't want to necessarily blacklist those people.

360NyTeMaRe
Jul 28, 2007, 11:01 PM
There's a certain option in PSO, I forget what it's called, but it allows you to prevent people from looking you up.

It starts with a "C", and anyway I hope it returns. We need SOME privacy.