PDA

View Full Version : Do we know (yet), when 360 gets the patch?

SolomonGrundy
Jul 30, 2007, 01:37 AM
the one where NPC death no longer affects rank? And the S2 enemies are slowed down?
I'm having minimal amounts of fun getting smacked by speedy go-varha's (solo), and there is little, if any relief in sight.

beatrixkiddo
Jul 30, 2007, 01:39 AM
In before console war.

On Topic: Who can say? There's yet to be any sort of official mention of WHY the split occurred, unless they just rushed the PS2/PC version so they could bundle the security patch in with it.

omegapirate2k
Jul 30, 2007, 03:33 AM
Isn't it because microsoft has to approve of the patch and whatnot?

It could be they're waiting until the next update to finally release the patch.

-dis-
Jul 30, 2007, 10:06 AM
No.

amtalx
Jul 30, 2007, 10:19 AM
MS does have to approve the patch. As to whether thats the cause for delay? No one knows but MS and ST.

Akaimizu
Jul 30, 2007, 10:22 AM
That definitely sounds like it's going to be a client-side patch as well. (Perhaps ST will do something about those Server Interrupt messages you get when you try to get online, sometimes)

McLaughlin
Jul 30, 2007, 10:46 AM
On 2007-07-30 08:19, amtalx wrote:
MS does have to approve the patch. As to whether thats the cause for delay? No one knows but MS and ST.

The only "delay" is Sega not giving Microsoft these patches beforehand, and waiting until it's approved and THEN rolling it out to everyone at the same time.

All Clumsy said was "very soon." I'm banking on this maintenance day, or next maintenance day by the latest.

majan
Jul 30, 2007, 01:02 PM
roughly the same delay that happened when we got A grinders.

its probably taking them this many extra weeks to keep saying "yes" to "security certificates" and the like.people who use internet explorer know what I am talking about.

I'm not even banking on it.people dont run missions for rank very much besides lab recovery anymore.the rest of the missions are done mainly for drops and etc. if you run demons above S2 and score a kazarod [B] at the end,do you care more about that or the 23k(?) you get for payout?same goes for desert terror.

so my attitude has been: outside of Underwater Plant Base Area,fuck rank.

JAFO22000
Jul 30, 2007, 01:14 PM
On 2007-07-30 11:02, majan wrote:
if you run demons above S2 and score a kazarod [B] at the end,do you care more about that or the 23k(?) you get for payout?same goes for desert terror.

Sure, if I got a Kazarod everytime....or 1 out of 10 times, I wouldn't care. But being that the Onma boss box drops are usually Speral, Neu Ash and a trimate board, the payout at the end will help defer the cost of running the mission over and over and over and over again until that Kazarod board actually does drop. Don't want to lose money every run...

Midicronica
Jul 30, 2007, 01:45 PM
On 2007-07-30 11:14, JAFO22000 wrote:

On 2007-07-30 11:02, majan wrote:
if you run demons above S2 and score a kazarod [B] at the end,do you care more about that or the 23k(?) you get for payout?same goes for desert terror.

Sure, if I got a Kazarod everytime....or 1 out of 10 times, I wouldn't care. But being that the Onma boss box drops are usually Speral, Neu Ash and a trimate board, the payout at the end will help defer the cost of running the mission over and over and over and over again until that Kazarod board actually does drop. Don't want to lose money every run...

QFT

That bullshit can put a serious strain on your money. It's really terrible grinding missions when you only have 20k to your name and not getting getting S rank everytime due to some unfortunate incident happening and you losing S rank.

Hopefully, this update will be there by the time I get my Xbox. Whenever that is. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadow_Moses on 2007-07-30 11:47 ]</font>

ChaosStrike
Jul 30, 2007, 03:51 PM
Unforuntely deaths count against everyone, not the one that died which is very wrong in my opinion.

JAFO22000
Jul 30, 2007, 04:16 PM
Well, you're in luck my friend. Pretty soon deaths won't mean a thing! You can die as much as you want and still get an S rank.

jayster
Jul 30, 2007, 05:02 PM
I dont like to die ... But dying will certainly be much easier for me with the patch =P

ThEoRy
Jul 30, 2007, 06:51 PM
On 2007-07-30 08:22, Akaimizu wrote:
Perhaps ST will do something about those Server Interrupt messages you get when you try to get online, sometimes

LOL

Where can I catch your stand up routine?

bloodflowers
Jul 31, 2007, 03:42 AM
Hopefully we will never get the patch. Game is already too easy to get S rank in - if they want to balance out the penalties and rewards they need to do more than just slapping newbie mode on it.

How about: raise the rewards, make S harder to achieve (certainly don't go slowing enemies down), but have A give out a comparable reward to the old S. At the same time, remove scapes completely, have death affect rank, but make it so that you need to have 2-3 deaths before S is lost, several more to lose A and so on.

Sekani
Jul 31, 2007, 08:35 AM
How long did it take for us to get the GH-450 patch after the other servers did, something like a month?

Akaimizu
Jul 31, 2007, 03:41 PM
On 2007-07-30 16:51, Octagon wrote:

On 2007-07-30 08:22, Akaimizu wrote:
Perhaps ST will do something about those Server Interrupt messages you get when you try to get online, sometimes

LOL

Where can I catch your stand up routine?

I perform at the Block on Friday nights, and at the One step down in Washington D.C. on Saturdays. Available at ticketmaster. Tickets go quickly, so book early.

I have a whole routine with: "When you see [fill in D blank], you could believe Sonic Team will do [fill in D blank]" that lasts about a half hour of the program. People are usually left in stitches after that one. But since I don't want to give out too much notice of my entire routine, I'll just leave you with a teaser.

"...you could believe Sonic Team will do 'fill in D blank' could very well be funnier than Jeff Foxworthy's "You might be a 'fill in the blank'" routine on any given day..." -- Entertainment Weekly

"...this comedian could make you roll on the floor the moment this comedian says SEGA or Sonic Team. The timing and context with which they're used is borderline illegal. They seriously should make SEGA a bad word....oh wait!! They already did!!! I hope I don't get fired for printing this." -- The Comedian's Journal

"..Absolutely superb. The new routine, from this up-n-coming comedian, is even better than both of the previous routines. One done just two years ago titled, "My predictions for what world we'll live in when Metro 3D releases Armada 2" and last year's "I positively know when Duke Nukem Forever and Starcraft Ghost will release." -- Comedy Globe

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-07-31 14:00 ]</font>

Rashiid
Aug 1, 2007, 12:37 AM
On 2007-07-31 06:35, Sekani wrote:
How long did it take for us to get the GH-450 patch after the other servers did, something like a month?

i know; and then they handle tha clothes glitch in liek a week >.<