PDA

View Full Version : PSU for the Wii

FlameBlade
Jul 30, 2007, 06:55 AM
I think it would be pretty cool. No more button mashing and some of the PAs would be awesome to try and do with that wiimote (they did it with the dragonball game)lol
I mean, its not like its not possible, if it can run on the ps2, it can run on a wii...
*pictures a nerd trien to do gravity strike and breaking just about everything around him* lol

Retehi
Jul 30, 2007, 07:01 AM
I'd honestly pay good money, to see someone Tornado Dance in their living room.

Konstanse_Xx
Jul 30, 2007, 07:07 AM
Splendor Crush? O_o;

FlameBlade
Jul 30, 2007, 07:13 AM
On 2007-07-30 05:01, Retehi wrote:

Like this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4IIEQQMpL8

Pooky-chan
Jul 30, 2007, 07:13 AM

its been done...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=iQibs3albtM&mode=related&search=

FlameBlade
Jul 30, 2007, 07:17 AM
On 2007-07-30 05:13, Pooky-chan wrote:

its been done...

LOL that was the next one I was gonna link lol

Pooky-chan
Jul 30, 2007, 07:20 AM
On 2007-07-30 05:17, FlameBlade wrote:

its been done...

LOL that was the next one I was gonna link lol

heh (^.^);;y i figured someone would eventually

amtalx
Jul 30, 2007, 07:26 AM
PSU on a Wii would make you pretty tired after a while, or at least have a mean case of carpal tunnel.

Kent
Jul 30, 2007, 07:49 AM
With Sonic Team's l33t programming skillz, and how well they made the game work on the 360... PSU on the Wii? No way. :/

Gryffin
Jul 30, 2007, 08:04 AM

its been done...

Haha, I remember this video.

If I learned anything, it's that if you have the urge to flail around with any household object in the attempt to become a Jedi/Wizard/Samurai/Ninja/Astronaut you do NOT tape it. OR tell your friends about it, ESPECIALLY if you tape it.

Lol.

DaRkWoLf30
Jul 30, 2007, 08:11 AM

its been done...

Lol I remember that video from a long time ago, Funny stuff.

ljkkjlcm9
Jul 30, 2007, 08:53 AM
ok anyone who has played the wii, knows it takes very little movement for the game to respond, you would not get tired.

Secondly, Nintendo has the thing with friend codes, that makes a game like this nigh impossible. Sega would have to deal with that issue first.

THE JACKEL

Primus30
Jul 30, 2007, 01:24 PM
Offline only, yes. But I doubt that the Wii could support PSU's servers.

A2K
Jul 30, 2007, 01:40 PM
If they did decide to make a Wii version, it probably wouldn't make use of the Wii Remote's motion sensing functions at all and probably be more of a classic/Gamecube controller type thing. But then, of course, there's the issues with their network platform that have been remarked upon before.

RedX
Jul 30, 2007, 01:42 PM
Friend codes wouldn't really make the game any different then it is on the 360, they would just replace gamer tags.

Chuck_Norris
Jul 30, 2007, 06:17 PM
I'd play on the wii, Make the game a lot less boring.

Wallin
Jul 30, 2007, 07:03 PM
Like Nintendo isn't already face palming at the number of people who throw the remotes into their TVs, now you want players to do PA moves too? lol

NPCMook
Jul 30, 2007, 07:23 PM
On 2007-07-30 06:53, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
ok anyone who has played the wii, knows it takes very little movement for the game to respond, you would not get tired.

Secondly, Nintendo has the thing with friend codes, that makes a game like this nigh impossible. Sega would have to deal with that issue first.

THE JACKEL

Actually they wised up, in PBR and Mario Strikers Charged you can do random match ups...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NPCMook on 2007-07-30 17:24 ]</font>

MrPOW
Jul 30, 2007, 07:31 PM
I don't know why friend codes would make any difference. The game has its own independent buddy list system using the player cards which exists separately from your Xbox Live friend list. I don't know why they would remove that for the Wii version. Mapping the controls to the Wii controller(s) would seem to be the biggest issue as there isn't as many buttons as the PS2 and 360 controllers. Since the game involves a ton of button mashing using motion controls for combat would be out of the question. Of the top of my head I would probably set the controls up like this:

Analog Stick: Movement
A: Normal Attack/Cast/Fire
B: PA Skill/Cast
Z: Lock-On/Strafe
C: Left-Handed Weapon/Other Techs
2: First-Person
1: Menu

D-Pad: The d-pad will have to work a little different than it does in the 360 version. It will still be used for chat shortcuts, only Up will bring up your shortcuts and Left and Right will navigate through them. Up will choose that shortcut and Down will exit your shortcuts. However whenever your chat shortcuts are not on screen, Down will be used to pick up items. This change int he D-Pad is due to Down's proximity to the A button and the fact you'll be picking up items a lot more than you'll be using chat shortcuts.

The first of all your chat shortcuts will be an unchangeable default, and wont be a shortcut at all. It will open the soft keyboard. I had to do it this way simply because I was running out of buttons! This also enables the pointer functionality in the remote for which to press keys with. Also the soft keyboard would need to be a lot larger than the one in the current game because of the sensitivity of the remote. Ideally it would squish the screen up some (think team chat window in PSO BB) and you can continue to control your character and even fight while the keyboard is on screen.

-: Holding - will bring up your palette. Because of the lack of shoulder buttons navigation is handled differently. While - is held, a subtle gesture up or down with the remote will cycle your weapon palette. Conversely a subtle gesture up or down with the nunchuck will cycle your item palette.

+: Camera. Holding + Will enable camera control by tilting the remote.

It's pretty convoluted and could probably be improved upon (be my guest) but it's obvious this would be the biggest issue in bring the game to Wii. Although I wouldn't buy it as I've invested too much time in the 360 version, I'd love to see it because it could bring a much-needed popularity boost to the PS2/PC community as well as give the game itself a shot in the arm because it would have to be re-reviewed. I'd have to believe if the Wii version contained everything from the original game and the expansion it would get pretty high marks and might lead people to give the game a second chance on other platforms. IMO...of course.

The_Pew
Jul 31, 2007, 02:52 AM
It would be interesting and possibly even fun to play PSU on a Wii. Although I don't like the idea, seeing as I don't have a Wii.

Saphion
Jul 31, 2007, 05:14 AM
Damn, I thought this had been announced when I read the title.

Bah. *wanders off*

Allison_W
Jul 31, 2007, 06:34 AM
On 2007-07-30 17:31, MrPOW wrote:
Mapping the controls to the Wii controller(s) would seem to be the biggest issue as yada yada yada CLASSIC CONTROLLER

Fix'd.

Stezan
Jul 31, 2007, 01:03 PM
The Classic controller would be almost perfect, except that it lacks Analog Stick buttons (L3/R3).

I would want PSU for the Wii just because it would probably run smoother and lag less than the PS2 version.

RedX
Jul 31, 2007, 02:28 PM
On 2007-07-30 17:31, MrPOW wrote:
Mapping the controls to the Wii controller(s) would seem to be the biggest issue as there isn't as many buttons as the PS2 and 360 controllers. Since the game involves a ton of button mashing using motion controls for combat would be out of the question.

Have you even play a Wii before? It really doesn't seem like it. If you've ever played twilight princess for more then a few hours then you would know that waving the Wiimote is a extremely effective way of doing attacks. For PA's you just have it so you hold B and wave, and for offhand weapons you hold Z and wave. Not the complex at all. A would be for picking up, etc. Down on the D-pad opens the palette, where you can use the Wiimote find what you need. And if you weren't aware + is the new start, so it would bring up the menu, where again you could use the Wiimote to navigate through.

MushiKuro
Jul 31, 2007, 03:28 PM
PSU for Wii = A very big sucess.

See ya!

X.X

MrPOW
Jul 31, 2007, 03:34 PM
On 2007-07-31 12:28, RedX wrote:
Have you even play a Wii before? It really doesn't seem like it. If you've ever played twilight princess for more then a few hours then you would know that waving the Wiimote is a extremely effective way of doing attacks. For PA's you just have it so you hold B and wave, and for offhand weapons you hold Z and wave. Not the complex at all. A would be for picking up, etc. Down on the D-pad opens the palette, where you can use the Wiimote find what you need. And if you weren't aware + is the new start, so it would bring up the menu, where again you could use the Wiimote to navigate through.

Yes, I own one. And I own TP. I'm not saying the remote isn't suited for doing attacks. It would work fine. However, you don't fight nearly as much in TP as you do in PSU. At all. Pretty much all you do in PSU is fight wave afer wave of enemies. I usually play the game for long periods of time and my main charcter is a Fortefighter. This would mean hours upon hours of constantly shaking the remote. You're arm/wrist would get tired. Same goes for Ranger classes. If you want to attack fast enough, you'll be shaking it fast. Forces might not be so bad. No matter how subtle your movements, that much waving/shaking will have an impact physically. Now maybe if the combat was timed as is it in PSO...but it isn't.

I am aware that the + button is usually used for start/pause but I ran out of buttons. The 1 and 2 buttons are uncomfortable to reach for when holding the remote normally so reaching your thumb to hold either while tilting the remote for camera control would be very uncomfortable, which is why I made those buttons for one-time press functions like the menu or first-person mode. You are right in that using motion-controls for combat would open up a few more buttons for other stuff, but I can tell you that personally I would just rather hit a button over and over for 4 hours than shake my arm. The game was designed with traditional controls in mind. I'm sure there are people who wouldn't care, but I'd bet there are more that would.

As far as the classic controller goes, the sticks don't click so you have to find some way to map first-person view and cycling player info (which I forgot to find a button for in my configuration even) so good luck with that. Even then, you would need to include some kind of remote & nunchuck setup. Show me a game that required an accessory that didn't come with the game or the system that succeeded. Even games like Smash Bros. that will use the CC also include configurations for the GC controller and remote.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MrPOW on 2007-07-31 13:36 ]</font>

oooWaveooo
Jul 31, 2007, 04:51 PM
I'd buy it for Wii if it shared servers with the xbox community. it'd be nice to have since my 360 is in the shop and it'd convince more of my friends to buy the game