PDA

View Full Version : Weird rumors

DLShAdOw
Jul 30, 2007, 08:43 AM
I have heard some weird rumors recently about AoI that I haven't heard before.

Basically I have heard people talk about 2 things that are weird.

1. Acrogunners.
2. nunchuks as weapons

Any truth to these?

XanGabriel
Jul 30, 2007, 08:52 AM
Not so far as I can present proof of such..

Esufer
Jul 30, 2007, 09:03 AM
I heard something about a tank for humans at level 40 as well...

Golto
Jul 30, 2007, 09:30 AM
Do yourself a big favor and don't believe anything that anyone says ingame, especially on the 360 server.

Flwl3ssCowboy
Jul 30, 2007, 09:31 AM
I heard ST was going to stop making dumb mistakes, can anyone confirm this?

Pooky-chan
Jul 30, 2007, 09:36 AM
I heard we would get better customer support in AoI but that's just a fantasy....

majan
Jul 30, 2007, 09:53 AM
since getting this game,and the announce of it's expansion,Ive been told...

that fighgunners will be the only people to have whips
fighgunners will get A rank axes
fortefighters will get A rank doublesabers
'transers will get A rank wands
I am probably notorioius on this board for being the only doosh that beleived the whole "9* weaps being in the NPC shop" deal
newmans will be able to summon something as their special
loads other shit.my memory is raked atm.

but if you've noticed,none of the above have come true.

I think I know where people came up with the newmans getting to summon something though...nosdiga's description is that it summons serpents to attack yadda yadda....that's just beckoning to have some rumors surround it.

other than that,people are just being scandalously talkative and imaginative.don't beleive a word you hear.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: majan on 2007-07-30 07:54 ]</font>

Deucer
Jul 30, 2007, 10:01 AM
i herd u all liek mudkips.

DreamLocke
Jul 30, 2007, 10:02 AM
I've heard all sorts of garbage on the 360 servers.

DikkyRay
Jul 30, 2007, 10:03 AM
Hey, instead of being dicks to him? Why not answer his question? My God people. Is this what the forum has come down to?
For your questions, no, there will not be acrogunners or nunchuks as weapons. There will still be asholes on this forum though that won't answer a simple question

Pooky-chan
Jul 30, 2007, 10:10 AM
On 2007-07-30 08:03, DikkyRay wrote:
Hey, instead of being dicks to him? Why not answer his question? My God people. Is this what the forum has come down to?
For your questions, no, there will not be acrogunners or nunchuks as weapons. There will still be asholes on this forum though that won't answer a simple question

lol calm down a bit. its 8 am on a monday at work and we're just trying to have some fun.

relentless
Jul 30, 2007, 10:26 AM
On 2007-07-30 08:10, Pooky-chan wrote:

lol calm down a bit. its 8 am on a monday at work and we're just trying to have some fun.

He has a point though.. <.<

DurakkenX
Jul 30, 2007, 10:28 AM
Don't listen to anyone other than like 4 or 5 people that post on these forums because just about everyone else makes up info or has no direct knowledge or experience or information from a reliable source. I'm not saying noone else has correct information, but other than the few people here that translate/import or actually follow a scientific approach to coming up with info, everyone elses' info should be taken with a grain of salt or in a wouldn't it be nice sense...

JAFO22000
Jul 30, 2007, 10:32 AM
On 2007-07-30 08:28, DurakkenX wrote:
Don't listen to anyone other than like 4 or 5 people that post on these forums because just about everyone else makes up info or has no direct knowledge or experience or information from a reliable source. I'm not saying noone else has correct information, but other than the few people here that translate/import or actually follow a scientific approach to coming up with info, everyone elses' info should be taken with a grain of salt or in a wouldn't it be nice sense...

OOOO, can we have a list of these 4-5 people please??????

DikkyRay
Jul 30, 2007, 10:35 AM
On 2007-07-30 08:10, Pooky-chan wrote:

Listen here nooby (/cox voice)
when you post a question on PSU gen, you expect a fucking answer. How easy would it have been to just say "No there arent sorry" rather than be an ass about it?
Christ people. I expected this from around 5 older members, but not forum noobies

DikkyRay
Jul 30, 2007, 10:36 AM
On 2007-07-30 08:32, JAFO22000 wrote:

On 2007-07-30 08:28, DurakkenX wrote:

You, Durakken, Obsidian_Knight, Natewifi, Sychosis....i think thats it

OOOO, can we have a list of these 4-5 people please??????

DurakkenX
Jul 30, 2007, 10:56 AM
Oh let's go with itsuki who brought you coverage of AoI Beta, EspioKaos who translatesjsut about every piece of information from the JP game mags and website, Sounomi who collects data better than just about anyone else, and a few others that i can't remember their names

JAFO, Durakken, Obsidian_Knight, Natewifi, Sychosis

JAFO...Dunno, prolly not, but name never sticks in my head so he may be one of the translator people.
Durakken...while i do import and often provide info based on good research i often come up with cooky ideas, which i usually say are most likely wrong, that may be misinterpreted as factual to some.
Obsidian_Knight...never listen to this person...
Natewifi...Sometimes provides good info, sometimes provides bad info... i'd say it's pretty much a crapshoot with whether his info is correct or not most of the time...
Sychosis...while I don't very much like him i'm gonna say that he is reliable but to my knowledge does not have source of info other than the PSU US game and this site...so anything that is coming in the future is prolly not the best source of valid info, though his info is prolly most correct.

DikkyRay
Jul 30, 2007, 11:07 AM
On 2007-07-30 08:56, DurakkenX wrote:
Oh let's go with itsuki who brought you coverage of AoI Beta, EspioKaos who translatesjsut about every piece of information from the JP game mags and website, Sounomi who collects data better than just about anyone else, and a few others that i can't remember their names

JAFO, Durakken, Obsidian_Knight, Natewifi, Sychosis

JAFO...Dunno, prolly not, but name never sticks in my head so he may be one of the translator people.
Durakken...while i do import and often provide info based on good research i often come up with cooky ideas, which i usually say are most likely wrong, that may be misinterpreted as factual to some.
Obsidian_Knight...never listen to this person...
Natewifi...Sometimes provides good info, sometimes provides bad info... i'd say it's pretty much a crapshoot with whether his info is correct or not most of the time...
Sychosis...while I don't very much like him i'm gonna say that he is reliable but to my knowledge does not have source of info other than the PSU US game and this site...so anything that is coming in the future is prolly not the best source of valid info, though his info is prolly most correct.

You actually think i was being serious?

JAFO22000
Jul 30, 2007, 11:11 AM
Itsuki has a skewed "Pro-Japanese" look at the game; his info may be good (I believe he did say to expect an s rank drop once every 15 missions, though....lol!)but the delivery is crap..."NA players will have a hard time with the last two FB missions because they require teamwork..." and such.

I'll agree with you on Espio and Sounomi, and add in Lyrise (though with the same Japanese skew as Itsuki).

PS, don't listen to Dikky. His list is crap. JAFO is a complete idiot, elitist asshole. I've run missions with that guy before. Talk about sucky....

DikkyRay
Jul 30, 2007, 11:18 AM
On 2007-07-30 09:11, JAFO22000 wrote:
Itsuki has a skewed "Pro-Japanese" look at the game;

PS, don't listen to Dikky. His list is crap. JAFO is a complete idiot, elitist asshole. I've run missions with that guy before. Talk about sucky....

NO WAI. I only put the best of the best on that list. No one on that list is ever sarcastic! EVER!

Gryffin
Jul 30, 2007, 11:21 AM
Haha, Dikky, I saw Nate on that list and I was ready to maul you with some sort of food product.

I swear, I've met lawn decorations more pleasant than him.

Kylie
Jul 30, 2007, 11:24 AM
Listen to what people say, but take it with a grain of salt.

DikkyRay
Jul 30, 2007, 11:30 AM
On 2007-07-30 09:21, Gryffin wrote:
Haha, Dikky, I saw Nate on that list and I was ready to maul you with some sort of food product.

I swear, I've met lawn decorations more pleasant than him.

People shoudl ahve realized that by putting him in, that was a joke list

DurakkenX
Jul 30, 2007, 11:31 AM
On 2007-07-30 09:07, DikkyRay wrote:
You actually think i was being serious?

From the list obviously you were being sarcastic... however it doesn't mean that someone who doesn't know as much think you are serious...

Kion
Jul 30, 2007, 12:07 PM
Yep, dicky. Sarcasm doesn't communicate very well in text.

And to answer the original question of this thread, newmans have a chance of getting photon helicopters at level 20. A chance as in 10^-38467109%, but hell a chance none the less. You kind of have to wait for the actual game to get anything definate.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kion on 2007-07-30 10:30 ]</font>

majorgamer55
Jul 30, 2007, 12:17 PM
On 2007-07-30 07:53, majan wrote:
since getting this game,and the announce of it's expansion,Ive been told...

that fighgunners will be the only people to have whips
fighgunners will get A rank axes
fortefighters will get A rank doublesabers
'transers will get A rank wands
I am probably notorioius on this board for being the only doosh that beleived the whole "9* weaps being in the NPC shop" deal
newmans will be able to summon something as their special
loads other shit.my memory is raked atm.

but if you've noticed,none of the above have come true.

I think I know where people came up with the newmans getting to summon something though...nosdiga's description is that it summons serpents to attack yadda yadda....that's just beckoning to have some rumors surround it.

other than that,people are just being scandalously talkative and imaginative.don't beleive a word you hear.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: majan on 2007-07-30 07:54 ]</font>

LOL http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif that has to be the stupidest shyt i ever heared!
my advice: dont believe anything unless it is confirmed by a SEGA website

majan
Jul 30, 2007, 12:53 PM
F-F-F-F-F-FLAAAAAAAME WAAAAR!!!!!!!

ahem...

I wasnt being a dick to him.just demonstrating the amount of nonsense that I'd heard and sometimes beleived (i.e 9* weapons in shops) but never ever came true.

and thanks for starting a domino effect intra-board flamewar,to which I understand that I am contributing slightly,but do not care.

in everybody's defesne tho,noone really came in here with a doosh attitude.everybody pretty much got their point across until the war began.then,as though he has an alarm in his ear set to when there is a good thread to come onto,JAFO came in and as usual had to get to the bottom of things.

immediately.

but heck,what you gonna do?people bored with a video game or bound to come to the website supporting it and start playfighting with one another.

PSOW board = PSU PvP

WOOTKICKER

aquafire
Jul 30, 2007, 01:05 PM
trouble in paradise D:?

DikkyRay
Jul 30, 2007, 02:01 PM
On 2007-07-30 10:53, majan wrote:
F-F-F-F-F-FLAAAAAAAME WAAAAR!!!!!!!

ahem...

I wasnt being a dick to him.just demonstrating the amount of nonsense that I'd heard and sometimes beleived (i.e 9* weapons in shops) but never ever came true.

and thanks for starting a domino effect intra-board flamewar,to which I understand that I am contributing slightly,but do not care.

in everybody's defesne tho,noone really came in here with a doosh attitude.everybody pretty much got their point across until the war began.then,as though he has an alarm in his ear set to when there is a good thread to come onto,JAFO came in and as usual had to get to the bottom of things.

immediately.

but heck,what you gonna do?people bored with a video game or bound to come to the website supporting it and start playfighting with one another.

PSOW board = PSU PvP

WOOTKICKER

Hey genius. This wasnt fucking directed at you.
Oh you spelled douche wrong. And how the fuck did i start the flame war? I wasnt the one acting like a dick to someone.

Para
Jul 30, 2007, 02:12 PM
In the future:

http://pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=148743&forum=20 Direct your AOI questions there and use the search button. -_-

Prima
Jul 30, 2007, 02:17 PM
Why are you guys trying to fry natewifi? I think he's funny...

Kylie
Jul 30, 2007, 02:21 PM
On 2007-07-30 12:17, Prima wrote:
Why are you guys trying to fry natewifi? I think he's funny...

They got nothing better to do.

MayLee
Jul 30, 2007, 02:26 PM
On 2007-07-30 07:30, Golto wrote:
Do yourself a big favor and don't believe anything that anyone says ingame, especially on the 360 server.

LIKE ZOMFG! It's a flame bait!!

creativehope
Jul 30, 2007, 05:40 PM
^ I was waiting on someone to catch that

RappyRobot
Jul 30, 2007, 06:00 PM
wow just wow ppl are so pleasant on the forum

shotsfired
Jul 30, 2007, 06:08 PM
umm, what was the original question?
wait, I am on the 360 server!! well then, its true, dont believe a word we say. I was telling people that after you kill a monster, if you hold the triggers down together at the right time, the monster will join you and kill other monsters..... that rumor never stuck though....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: shotsfired on 2007-07-30 16:10 ]</font>

XanGabriel
Jul 30, 2007, 06:09 PM
On 2007-07-30 08:01, Deucer wrote:

OMG MUDKIP *hearts

Ok, I have to ask: WTF is a mudkip? XD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: XanGabriel on 2007-07-30 16:11 ]</font>

ThEoRy
Jul 30, 2007, 06:19 PM
On 2007-07-30 06:43, DLShAdOw wrote:
I have heard some weird rumors recently about AoI that I haven't heard before.

Basically I have heard people talk about 2 things that are weird.

1. Acrogunners.
2. nunchuks as weapons

Any truth to these?

yes, but only the acrogunners get to use the nunchaku.

-Tidus_415-
Jul 30, 2007, 06:20 PM
On 2007-07-30 16:09, XanGabriel wrote:

On 2007-07-30 08:01, Deucer wrote:

OMG MUDKIP *hearts

Ok, I have to ask: WTF is a mudkip? XD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: XanGabriel on 2007-07-30 16:11 ]</font>

http://z.about.com/f/wiki/e/en/6/6d/Mudkip.jpg