PDA

View Full Version : Do you make your Character like you?

MushiKuro
Jul 30, 2007, 11:08 AM
Do you make your Character like you in Real Life? With the same traits and action?
s.
See ya!

X.X

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MushiKuro on 2007-07-30 09:09 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MushiKuro on 2007-07-30 15:15 ]</font>

Akaimizu
Jul 30, 2007, 11:13 AM
Since you mentioned Blue Burst, I guess you're talking about PSO itself.

In that case, I'd say my first character was made to look a lot like me. Most of my appearance traits went to the character, but obviously not my clothes. I had a Newman version of myself, at first.

Of course, outside of that, no other traits and action in PSO could be mine. If it were like me, it would be able to play every single instrument, and probably carry around a few wherever he goes. And the monsters would have to be influenced to bop their heads, tap their feet, or maybe even "Rock out!".

However, I almost never make my character look just like myself or anyone in my family. PSO was a rare exception. My 2nd PSO character was based off one of my older sisters.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-07-30 09:17 ]</font>

Jaspaller
Jul 30, 2007, 11:14 AM
Sometimes. My Fighgunner I tried to make close to me. My RAmar and HUmar from PSO had some differences but I kept it somewhat close to my looks. Mainly just the looks, nothing else.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jaspaller on 2007-07-30 09:15 ]</font>

DreamLocke
Jul 30, 2007, 11:16 AM
unless they add long dreadlocks to the hair options in AoI, I won't be making my characters look like me. *sigh* CAST with dreads...awesome.

darkante
Jul 30, 2007, 11:20 AM
My first character i made online were to look like me.
Called as "Darkante".

He was a gunner but i got bored of him.
So i quickly made a other after i got him to around lv 20.

Although my latest creation which the point was that he should look a little like Flowen, but instead...he looks more like my father now. XD

DikkyRay
Jul 30, 2007, 11:31 AM
Uh. Wow. Ill get a mod to move this for ya.

But no, my char was nothing like me. I made a human, and i am actually a cast

landman
Jul 30, 2007, 12:00 PM
Never, this would be... boring -.-

Fure_Rakune
Jul 30, 2007, 12:51 PM
Since my character is a CAST all I had was the face to work with, but I did my best to get some resemblance to me(except for the eyes); after all I did sport a rat tail for a while.

PJ
Jul 30, 2007, 03:44 PM
A bay bay?

MushiKuro
Jul 30, 2007, 03:44 PM
I think it's fun, because a lot of people only do characters like: Muscled, Tall and with green eyes xDDDD

See ya!

X.X

Complex_Jao
Jul 30, 2007, 04:02 PM
This is not the right place.try PSO general

Josko
Jul 30, 2007, 04:03 PM
I don't really look much like Bob. Which is a shame, actually; I expect the green topknot hairstyle to start catching on any day now.
Personality wise is a little closer. I'm a tad eccentric, so that just naturally carried over to Bobopolis. He'd be a little more outgoing than I am, though.

My cast is super short and full of fury. We don't really have much in common.

Wyndham
Jul 30, 2007, 04:07 PM
I try to keep some resemblance. but not always.

RedX
Jul 30, 2007, 04:12 PM
Wait this is in PSU general but is about BB?

On-topic: Not in the slightest. Seth is a short CAST with hair. Besides being male, he is the opposite of me XD

EphekZ
Jul 30, 2007, 05:11 PM
Yes, I do. Medium sized human with brown "scene" hair. =)

MushiKuro
Jul 30, 2007, 05:14 PM
It's about all PSO, yeah, i maked a mess =X

See ya!

X.X

Parn
Jul 30, 2007, 05:34 PM
The answer is yes, my character looks like me. As far as game limitations allow for, anyways.

ThEoRy
Jul 30, 2007, 06:29 PM
On 2007-07-30 13:44, MushiKuro wrote:
I think it's fun, because a lot of people only do characters like: Muscled, Tall and with green eyes xDDDD

See ya!

X.X

But, that IS like me so....

Edit: although I can never get the correct eye color because they dont have multi colored eyes. There should be a dark olive green ring around the outside fading into a lighter olive green ring and then into a golden hazel in the center. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Octagon on 2007-07-30 16:34 ]</font>

Kanju
Jul 30, 2007, 06:38 PM
Usually, my characters look nothing like me. I made an exception in PSU and made my character look only something like me.

Zoamel_Gustav
Jul 30, 2007, 06:39 PM
I never make any characters like me. We share none of the same traits.

Kylie
Jul 30, 2007, 06:43 PM
Eh, haven't really compared my character to myself, but I guess we look similar.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kylie on 2007-07-30 16:43 ]</font>

-Ryuki-
Jul 30, 2007, 06:49 PM
The only real different between my character and myself, is the height.

pikachief
Jul 30, 2007, 06:52 PM
i put yes because i am both a robot AND a fat girl http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

or at least in my imagination i am http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Kaydin
Jul 30, 2007, 06:54 PM
The only difference between my character and me is the name. :x

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kaydin on 2007-07-30 16:55 ]</font>

Mman2000
Jul 30, 2007, 07:19 PM
Hell no, that would be boring. Besides I wouldn't be able to since PSU doesn't let you make chars with really curly hair.

pionear
Jul 30, 2007, 07:26 PM
A little....

Well, my main, anyway. I have dark skin and I'm kinda tall (over 6') lean and muscular. But as far as the hair goes, no, I don't have white hair (yet/XD).

biggabertha
Jul 30, 2007, 07:55 PM
Aside from hair colour, yes, I make my main character as close as possible to myself. My alternative characters are based off of me but if I could change certain things about myself. Such as if I was tall, didn't have Chinese-Jet-black-hair and had a child's face or things like if I was slick/cool/full of confidence.

This gets a little messy if I mention my fourth character though.... n.n;

RegulusHikari
Jul 30, 2007, 07:55 PM
I never make characters look like myself, but I do model them after characters I've created. Long story short, Regulus is the main protagonist of a story I've been working on since I was, oh... say, 10 years old? Artemis is THE antagonist. So I make them look and act like they would as I have imagined them to be in my stories.

As for Bulzeeb, he is a real character from a video game (also the game I got the name Regulus from, props to those who know which http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif) that I liked and figured I could model him accurately in PSU. Bulzeeb is the Astral Knight of Darkness, and I actually only primarily use dark bullets on him and guns that match his color. So I do a fair bit of role-play, but nothing hardcore. (Yea, I'm psychotic http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif)

hypersaxon
Jul 30, 2007, 08:31 PM
On PSO I was a HUmar that looked pretty similar to me. In PSU I switched between a Human and a Cast, I liked having better stats as a Cast but I loved being able to wear clothes as a Human.

When I get a 360 again and PSU plus the expansion, I think I'll go Human again just because of the pimp outfits. Plus I plan to switch classes a lot now that you can return PAs to disk form. I'll mainly be Fighgunner I think, but I'll most likely give all the classes a try though.

DaRkWoLf30
Jul 30, 2007, 08:34 PM
Sometime i do.

Shiro_Ryuu
Jul 30, 2007, 08:38 PM
Well, I make some of my characters have some different aspects of myself, but I don't put all of my traits into the same character.

BanF
Jul 30, 2007, 09:05 PM
Amusing.

Sinue_v2
Jul 30, 2007, 10:36 PM
No. My characters are almost exclusively female - so that puts the kebash on them being anything like me. Neika is supposed to represent a mixture of Nei and Rika, and NM-3084 is like a mixture of Neifirst and NM-2011.. and they have roughly the same dynamic to their interactions. Arisa is more of an original creation simply because I find android girls increadibly cute.

In PSO it was slightly different. My characters didn't look at all like me, but they each represented a different part of my personality. Tesla (HUmar), my sense of right and justice, and my compassion for others. Sinue (RAcaseal) represented my anger and contempt for "all things beautiful and bright", as the song goes. Mana (FOnewearl) was crazy, she represented my eccentric side.

ChaosStrike
Jul 30, 2007, 11:42 PM
When I make a character it can't resemble me just because he couldn't roll down hills and crush people. I am a big framed tall person that has a little extra weight, although it is a cool concept fi I could get a big person to have a roll attack, screw monomates I got a sweetroll!!!!

Aralia
Jul 30, 2007, 11:47 PM
Generally speaking, when I make a character, they look like how I'd prefer to look.. Like, example, I have blond hair, but I would love to have brown or black hair.

I made Carinae look sorta like me though, not too much but there's some resemblance.

Other than that, no.. I am living vicariously through my characters.. Avatars, to me, are there to allow us a new representation of ourselves, and to be what we can't in the real world.
That being said, I'd never make my character look exactly like me. =p

TheLOLBandit
Jul 30, 2007, 11:56 PM
i voted yes
why because im a short Fem and i have pointy ears and REALLY BIG KNOCKERS

even though im a man

LOL

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheLOLBandit on 2007-07-30 21:57 ]</font>

DikkyRay
Jul 31, 2007, 12:07 AM
Since this is now a PSU topic.
Yes and no. My main looks nothing like me since hes from another game.
Dikkyray, yes. I tried to make him look like me

DEM_CIG
Jul 31, 2007, 12:39 AM
my character kinda resembles me execept for bein a cast.. i have shaggy hair he has shaggy hair...hes medium height im medium height...his in good physical shape and im in good physical shape... so it pretty much looks like me...

matchboxmatt
Jul 31, 2007, 02:29 AM
I do; for I am, in fact, a gay robot.

The_Pew
Jul 31, 2007, 02:31 AM
Yes, but all I tried to match was hair color, eye color, eyebrows, and skin color. Close enough for me.

Jakosifer
Jul 31, 2007, 03:41 AM
My character resembles me, cept the eyes. Personality isn't any different online or offline. So yes, that jakass you see is how I really am. However sad that may be.

Desecration
Jul 31, 2007, 09:05 AM
No, I never make my characterss like me, but I tend to get attached to my chars, and the tend to become an alter ego of who I am.

Mwabwetumba
Jul 31, 2007, 09:13 AM
http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/3680/yepcx3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Yep, that's me alright!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mwabwetumba on 2007-07-31 07:14 ]</font>

Fox_Makenshi
Jul 31, 2007, 09:35 AM
My character in PSU only resembles me slightly. I go with what looks cool while sticking with skin color and general height. I don't have blue hair or glasses irl though I'm supposed to wear glasses lol. I also don't carry around photon guns and shoot monsters but oh well....hopefully one day ;-;

lol @ Mwabwetumba. I bet the girls are all over you.

Love,
Fox Makenshi

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fox_Makenshi on 2007-07-31 07:36 ]</font>

Sychosis
Jul 31, 2007, 10:01 AM
Yes, I'm a purple haired, white eyed, long eared, petite white girl IRL. Seriously.

amtalx
Jul 31, 2007, 10:06 AM
On 2007-07-31 08:01, Sychosis wrote:
Yes, I'm a purple haired, white eyed, long eared, petite white girl IRL. Seriously.

A/S/L?

Sychosis
Jul 31, 2007, 10:09 AM
24/F/Raffon Field Base

Dj_SkyEpic
Jul 31, 2007, 10:14 AM
On 2007-07-31 08:09, Sychosis wrote:
24/F/Raffon Field Base

Oh! aww... Too bad we're in a different server. I live down the street in Sleeping Warriors.

amtalx
Jul 31, 2007, 10:20 AM
On 2007-07-31 08:09, Sychosis wrote:
24/F/Raffon Field Base

Pedobear does not approve.

Back on topic! As much as I would love to be a big metal robot, I am a weak fleshy human IRL. I'm about the same height and build though.

panzer_unit
Jul 31, 2007, 10:27 AM
hmm... if I wore my motorbike helmet while partially trapped in the fridge, it would look a lot like my Cast does now. That doesn't come up too often tho.

pikachief
Jul 31, 2007, 11:54 AM
i act like a girl, and i eat like a fat person would, so yes i am my fat beast ^.^

MushiKuro
Jul 31, 2007, 04:47 PM
On 2007-07-31 09:54, pikachief wrote:
i act like a girl, and i eat like a fat person would, so yes i am my fat beast ^.^

Are you fat characters fanatic? o.o''

See ya!

X.X

Cz
Aug 1, 2007, 03:16 AM
i tried to make my characters to look as fashionable as possible. The only thing that i can match my look was the hair....http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Allison_W
Aug 1, 2007, 05:49 AM
One, actually. My Allison character is modeled directly after me, as close as I could get her (save for the fact I made her a little thinner, bigger-chested, and red-haired; permit me my wishful thinking). I gave her the hairstyle closest to the one I wear in real life, along with glasses (though, sadly, the glasses are hella clunky, unlike the totally sweet sleek frames I wear iRL), and I like to think I got her reasonably curvy. Hell, I even gave her my name, as you might know.

She's a human headed WT/FT/AT. FT, incidentally, would probably end up being my class if I actually were a character in PSU.