PDA

View Full Version : If you had to pick just one element

Niloklives
Jul 30, 2007, 01:39 PM
if you could pick just one element for an s rank armor, what would you choose?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NIloklives on 2007-07-30 12:08 ]</font>

Akaimizu
Jul 30, 2007, 01:46 PM
This is a question in which I could see myself changing, depending on the time. As of right now, I think most of the evil techs I run against are Flames, so I'd probably pick Fire. Heh. People might think I'd pick dark, but oddly enough, while annoying, I don't die too much, these days, to Megid.

Fire tends to be more generally annoying, when it comes to fights. A random death every once in some time between doesn't quite compare to a bigger annoyance a lot more often.

Oddly enough, my 2nd choice is teetering between Ground and Lightning. Lightning if only because of the new Lighting creatures that the current S2s are starting to produce. (Special S2 Go Vahra encounters that are starting to put a kink of my game by resisting all them gun effects, I'm looking at you)

I'm not much for neutral armor, though I can see how some would choose it, if what it does is push so many of your defensive stats so far.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-07-30 11:48 ]</font>

Niloklives
Jul 30, 2007, 01:49 PM
yeah I'd likely go with fire or lightning myself...especially with DGs2...lightning....>_>

Midicronica
Jul 30, 2007, 01:50 PM
Lightning Thunder. I'm in serious need of a better Lightning Thunder armor. My Michi-Senba is only 10% and it doesn't have a body slot, so yeah...

:edit: DG S2 is the exact mission I was thinking about when making this post. Although..since the mission has been nerfed to fuck..it's not really the Grinna Betes and the boss really aren't much of a problem. Damn Spec Ops (Kanohne)'s and their damn healing...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadow_Moses on 2007-07-30 11:51 ]</font>

Powder Keg
Jul 30, 2007, 01:51 PM
I picked neutral. You never want to be in a situation where you're weak against something.

A2K
Jul 30, 2007, 01:54 PM
I find that the moment I obtain an armor of a certain element, I coincidentally find my friends spamming missions with precisely the opposite. Just can't catch a break. Considering the relative difficulty of obtaining armor versus weapons of the same star rating... well, neutral doesn't look so bad at all anymore.

Cz
Jul 30, 2007, 02:27 PM
i pick fire because Onma is fire element....i dont wanna be beaten by him. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Kylie
Jul 30, 2007, 02:29 PM
Dark prolly. I love DF runs, and I like purple.

Fire would be my second choice.

Xaeris
Jul 30, 2007, 02:30 PM
Dark. Most places in the game, it may as well be neutral, it'd be uber in HIVE and there are maybe three Light enemies in the game where it'd actually be a hindrance. Agata? Don't make me laugh.

MayLee
Jul 30, 2007, 02:32 PM
Most of the enemies in the game are fire so I would use fire. Then again I am in need of some Ice Armor..

DikkyRay
Jul 30, 2007, 02:38 PM
Shit. Armor? goddamn voted before i saw what i was voting for (lol great for politics no?)
I voted ice since well, im partial to the ice element. But as Maylee said, most enemies are fire, so go with fire.

KamiSori
Jul 30, 2007, 05:41 PM
Lightning for sure. i love killing volfus, polabears, and vahras. plus yellow looks sweet with everything.

RegulusHikari
Jul 30, 2007, 05:43 PM
Fire definitely. I'm VERY surprised that neutral is in the lead. What gives? >_>

Kion
Jul 30, 2007, 07:16 PM
With armor, the elemental percentage protects mostly against tech attacks which can be easily avoided compared to physical attacks. So for taking the least damage it's a good idea to have neutral element that you can use under any circumstance with high def and eva that will allow you to block, or remain standing after recieiving an attack. Also as the element only deducts damage from the same element so at best you'll be protected against half the enemies in the area, other than that it might as well be neutral . If you're going to get a rare board, or a set it's better to get the bonus of a higher synth rate and the ability to use it anywhere.

DaRkWoLf30
Jul 30, 2007, 08:38 PM
Ice, Since i am usually on neudiaz doing missions.

BanF
Jul 30, 2007, 08:57 PM
I'd have to choose the element of surprise.

Otherwise, they are all the same to me.

McLaughlin
Jul 30, 2007, 09:36 PM
On 2007-07-30 12:30, Xaeris wrote:
Dark. Most places in the game, it may as well be neutral, it'd be uber in HIVE and there are maybe three Light enemies in the game where it'd actually be a hindrance. Agata? Don't make me laugh.

I agree, if only because my Crea Doubles drop from Linear Line.

And I made a 44% Dark Gigush Line yesterday. >_>

jayster
Jul 30, 2007, 09:51 PM
I would choose nuetral. But if you plan on selling it ever, you would want a useful element.

APEXi
Jul 30, 2007, 09:53 PM
i'd choose dark after hearing that one of my buddies synthed a 50% dark storm line

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: APEXi on 2007-07-30 19:54 ]</font>

Emrald
Jul 30, 2007, 10:47 PM
I'd do neutral since i'm always basically anywhere

DEM_CIG
Jul 31, 2007, 12:42 AM
nuetral since that would be the only s rank i ever found, and would not have to worry abiut a low element %

Gryffin
Jul 31, 2007, 12:52 AM
Dark!

I mainly where purple or black, so it looks best on my clothes... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Desecration
Jul 31, 2007, 02:26 AM
what can I say, Im a pyro all the way, I would love to have all fire element weapons, when I get more money and time, I think I will end up making all my weapons fire element anyway.

drizzle
Jul 31, 2007, 02:32 AM
On 2007-07-30 11:51, Artea wrote:
I picked neutral. You never want to be in a situation where you're weak against something.

With neutral armor, you're weak against everything.

The_Pew
Jul 31, 2007, 02:33 AM
On 2007-07-30 11:51, Artea wrote:

QFT

darkante
Jul 31, 2007, 02:46 AM
Actually, i think i would have picked lightning element.
Seeing as i like to kill things in Parum most of the time.
And most things there are lightning or fire and never like ground.
Or if i would just want to play around in the Desert Goliath mission.
I see that as a win-win situation. =)

landman
Jul 31, 2007, 03:22 AM
Neutral since it has more success in the synthesis http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif and because my only purpose to equip an S-Rank shield would be to equip an S-Rank unit...

Tsavo
Jul 31, 2007, 05:18 AM
I really don't understand why neutral armor is on top, dfp accounts for next to nothing in this game. Anyways I said lightning both because Go Varahs suck and there seems to be a low number of earth enemies so far. Vandas got diga but thats easy enough to dodge.

amtalx
Jul 31, 2007, 07:40 AM
Fire, because most of the physical attacks you're going to encounter are Fire. Ice usually comes in the form of spells, which can easily be dodged.

RegulusHikari
Jul 31, 2007, 08:50 AM
On 2007-07-30 17:16, Kion wrote:
With armor, the elemental percentage protects mostly against tech attacks which can be easily avoided compared to physical attacks. So for taking the least damage it's a good idea to have neutral element that you can use under any circumstance with high def and eva that will allow you to block, or remain standing after recieiving an attack. Also as the element only deducts damage from the same element so at best you'll be protected against half the enemies in the area, other than that it might as well be neutral . If you're going to get a rare board, or a set it's better to get the bonus of a higher synth rate and the ability to use it anywhere.

You are horribly misinformed. The elemental % protects against ALL forms of attacks of that element. A Vahra claw swipe? That's lightning. A Jishagara tackle? That's ice.

And let's be realistic. How much of a DFP difference is there between 9 and 10*? 10, 15 DFP? Oh wow, I take 3-5 less damage.

If you've been running around with neutral armor, you've been missing out on a lot. "so at best you'll be protected against half the enemies in the area", and that isn't good enough for you? I don't know about you, but I like it when half the mobs of the area don't knock me down every hit. Take this scenario:

I'm in Plains Overlord S2.
I have neutral armor. I'm being fucked up by everything.
I have electric armor (store bought Teroline). Vahras swipes do MUCH less than before. I'm weak to NOTHING.

I'm in Desert Terror S2.
I have neutral armor. I'm being fucked up by everything.
I have earth armor (store bought Rabol Giga). Dimma, Naval, Bil De Vears, and Vandas' Diga do much less damage. I'm weak to NOTHING.

Some of you seriously need to try some elements. I can't believe how many people there are that still think stat points > elemental %.

panzer_unit
Jul 31, 2007, 09:28 AM
I voted neutral. If I've got to take off my S-rank armor because I'm getting hosed by element, I've got to take off my S-rank units too... carrying spare sets of crappy armor and units around and everything, and re-equip it all. No thanks. I do missions all over the place so picking an element for armor I'll wear all the time is going to hurt more than it helps.

I can't believe how many people think you wear armor for DFP... what a ridiculous idea. Try EVP? I used to do the old Desert Goliath mission wearing earth-% Rabol Asted (it pays to properly remember what element seekers are) and have less problems with health than my teamates, 'cause I was blocking so many hits... and that's with a Cast.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: panzer_unit on 2007-07-31 10:23 ]</font>

Kion
Jul 31, 2007, 12:15 PM
@ Reguluous

Elemental does protect against half of the enemies in the area. You can always buy what I like to call the "third party element", the element that won't cause you to be weak against anything. Like in Neudaiz, some people choose to take the same path you do and grab a light elemental against the kamatoze's. How many kamatoze's spawn in Neu compaired to other enemies? Like i said before you might as well be running around in neutral armor.

Right now on my wartecher I'm using a neutral rabol asted and I'm taking alot less damage than i did before. With amazing boosts to defense and evasion I block about half of all normal attacks. That's half compaired to never using using low stat high % armor. It means you're not getting hit for less, it means you're getting hit for 0. And in terms of taking damage, I haven't noticed any change compaired to the 20% yamata senbas I was using before. It's slighly more compaired to the element, but alot less over all.

With neutral armor it's not like your weak against everything, you're neutral to everything. It comes with the benefits fo always being able to equip the slots you want, saves inventory space, being able to use it anywhere, blocking more often and my favorite; not having to go to your room every other mission to grab different armor.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kion on 2007-07-31 10:16 ]</font>

Akaimizu
Jul 31, 2007, 12:20 PM
On 2007-07-30 18:57, BanF wrote:
I'd have to choose the element of surprise.

Sorry, but no-one can choose one of the known chief weapons of (cue dramatic music) "The Spanish Inquisition!!!" in this poll.

Though in many cases one may utilize:

#3. Ruthless efficiency.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-07-31 10:21 ]</font>

Niloklives
Aug 1, 2007, 06:49 AM
so you guys you would go neutral would totally trade away gifg demand Srank weapons or a rank units for a neutral s rank armor? just trying mae sure this is all in perspective

panzer_unit
Aug 1, 2007, 08:33 AM
HEL YEH ... if you blow the synth, or your % sucks when you pick element (which are far more likely than getting something people would even consider for trade, nobody considers any offer less than 2-3 times better than what they're giving up) green would have been a better choice.

I'd go for element on my SECOND s-rank armor of course, once I've got a green one to wear.

RegulusHikari
Aug 1, 2007, 08:45 AM
On 2007-07-31 10:15, Kion wrote:
@ Reguluous

Elemental does protect against half of the enemies in the area. You can always buy what I like to call the "third party element", the element that won't cause you to be weak against anything. Like in Neudaiz, some people choose to take the same path you do and grab a light elemental against the kamatoze's. How many kamatoze's spawn in Neu compaired to other enemies? Like i said before you might as well be running around in neutral armor.

Right now on my wartecher I'm using a neutral rabol asted and I'm taking alot less damage than i did before. With amazing boosts to defense and evasion I block about half of all normal attacks. That's half compaired to never using using low stat high % armor. It means you're not getting hit for less, it means you're getting hit for 0. And in terms of taking damage, I haven't noticed any change compaired to the 20% yamata senbas I was using before. It's slighly more compaired to the element, but alot less over all.

With neutral armor it's not like your weak against everything, you're neutral to everything. It comes with the benefits fo always being able to equip the slots you want, saves inventory space, being able to use it anywhere, blocking more often and my favorite; not having to go to your room every other mission to grab different armor.

Absolutely right. You're neutral to everything. So while you're taking normal damage from every mob with an expensive 9* armor, I'm taking even less than you with store bought B ranks. The downfall? If I DO get stuck in large mobs of the opposing element, I must take the 7 seconds neccessary to switch my armor. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

You can do what you want, but I know from personal experience that going green is next-to-useless. Are all of your weapons green too?

Mayu
Aug 1, 2007, 08:51 AM
-.- Are you that lazy to switch armor?

Lol neutral weapons -.-

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryuugu-Rena on 2007-08-01 06:51 ]</font>

Sio
Aug 1, 2007, 09:22 AM
If its S rank armor, Id think you'd want to have constant access to it wouldn't you? Since its a rareity you wouldnt have the luxory of being able to swap between many S rank armors. Id go neutral with the first one and if by chance you get a second start working on elements. With something that even has the ability to have S slots I don't think youd want to pass it up regardless what element it is. At least with neutral you are safer synthing aswell as across the board for all situations. Execllent for such a rare peice of equiptment IMO

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sio on 2007-08-01 07:24 ]</font>

panzer_unit
Aug 1, 2007, 09:51 AM
On 2007-08-01 06:51, Ryuugu-Rena wrote:
-.- Are you that lazy to switch armor?

... or missions are easy enough that there's no point, especially if you're wearing a good neutral model -.-
...or there's no point switching between 3 armors to stop 30% damage each -.- when you could wear just one and block 30% of all hits

-.- -.- no, wait, I know: LULZ SMALL NUMBARZ... it's just like why axes are the best DPS right? more small hits can't possibly add up to more than fewer big ones

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: panzer_unit on 2007-08-01 08:09 ]</font>

Kion
Aug 1, 2007, 11:49 AM
On 2007-08-01 06:45, RegulusHikari wrote:
You can do what you want, but I know from personal experience that going green is next-to-useless. Are all of your weapons green too?

I guess I can get by with neutral armor. Guntecher is a high mobility class so it's like i get hit that often, and wartechers blocks most of the hits she takes, but i have resta so it's not like i mind getting hit for more on occasion. Like I said, I haven't seen any difference between a high stat armor and a 20% yamata senba.

With hunters, I can see that elemental armor is needed. They tank, so running into a group of mobs it would be a wise desision to have the right element on to deduct as much damage as possible.

And I have a few high grinded neutral weapons, but most of what I use is elmental with decent percents on it. (the way stats compair to percent on weapons is neutral +10 = 20% with additional pp)

Niloklives
Aug 1, 2007, 03:05 PM
On 2007-08-01 06:33, panzer_unit wrote:
HEL YEH ... if you blow the synth, or your % sucks when you pick element (which are far more likely than getting something people would even consider for trade, nobody considers any offer less than 2-3 times better than what they're giving up) green would have been a better choice.

I'd go for element on my SECOND s-rank armor of course, once I've got a green one to wear.

thing is I've no intention of keeping this thing. I'd rather synth it and trade it, so I'm trying to figure out what will give it the highest value upone success

panzer_unit
Aug 1, 2007, 03:23 PM
Geez man, you should have said so from the start! Yeah you're not gonna get much in trade for a non-elemental (or less than 20%) S-rank armor, which is pretty stupid IMO but people... whatever.
What armor are you talking about? I'd make different elements depending on class. Basically whatever elements they need for hunting S-ranks lol:

Fortefighter / Tenora... light or earth (hunting 'Cutter, Svaltus Sword, Bil De Axe)
FG / Tenora ... lightning (vahra) or fire (gol dolva)
PT / Tenora ... screw 'em. They're lucky just not being stuck with 700 HP (like they had at rank 1)
Fortegunner / GRM ... lightning or earth (hunting Storm, Stormline, Meteor, Gur Bazga, Shigga Desta, Blackbull, Rattlesnake)
GT / Yohmei ... lightning (seekers) or fire (dilla's)
FT / Yohmei ... ice (lies, barta, dambarta, kamatoze) or fire (onma, foie)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: panzer_unit on 2007-08-01 13:25 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: panzer_unit on 2007-08-01 13:35 ]</font>

Niloklives
Aug 1, 2007, 04:03 PM
well see..I figured I pose it that way intentionally because I wanted to see how people valued their armor with the possibility of trade being mentioned. I offered neutral only to cover all the bases and I was dumbfounded by how many people went in that direction. so I felt it best to make it a bit more direct now because I knew if were talkinga bout trading, all of a sudden, people's values would switch.

it's an orpa senba and while I'm trying to get rid of the board, I'm running BoFs2 like a madman. so if I get the polymers before I trade the board, I'll likely just synth the thing. I'm thinking either fire or lightning.

honestly i can't figure out why people don't want the board, because If I synth it and by some off chance get a high %, the trade value will be through the roof and then someone's gonna say "damn that could have been MY board"

ah well

panzer_unit
Aug 1, 2007, 04:08 PM
So, it was a trap all along. Like the FOmar avatar pic.

Nobody wants to give some desirable item up... and possibly a bunch of time/money for remaining materials... only to walk away empty handed. Much more so on an armor board with those awesome synth chances.

Niloklives
Aug 1, 2007, 04:59 PM
hehe yeah I know. I'll just have to synth it and become either rich and famous or lonely and forgotten. >_>

ASSWHIPE
Aug 2, 2007, 01:08 AM
Neutral is for dumb shits and noobs get all the fucking elements!