PDA

View Full Version : Gigush Combo, is it worth it?

MayLee
Jul 30, 2007, 02:25 PM
My level 40 Female Cast Fighgunner can now equped her Gigush line and I'm quite curious. Is getting a Gigush Sword worth the combo?

Xaeris
Jul 30, 2007, 02:27 PM
There's an entire thread on it here (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=147964&forum=22&27). Me, I'm a big fan of set bonuses. I use the Nafri set myself when fighting earth type enemies.

MayLee
Jul 30, 2007, 02:29 PM
You're my hero! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Xaeris
Jul 30, 2007, 02:32 PM
Oh I'm no hero. I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night though.

MayLee
Jul 30, 2007, 02:39 PM
Heheh, well I don't want to bump it incase it being old. I did not see anything about Fighgunners using the set. I wonder how well they can use it.

Xaeris
Jul 30, 2007, 02:51 PM
Well, a set bonus works on one basic principle for anyone using it; the stronger you are, the more you gain from the bonus. An fF doesn't get anymore from it than an FG other than having more ATP to be increased by the bonus...then again, the FG has more ATA to be increased too.

At level 40, I don't think you have enough base ATP to make the bonus overtake a Hanzo or Jogiri in plain ATP. Heck, even an Ascalon could probably beat it. But if you plan to take that character to the upper levels, it'd be worth it to start making high % Gigushes. That, after all, is the ultimate benefit of a set bonus; a high % 2* is a heck of a lot easier to make than a 9*, and the bonus will cover the difference in listed stats.

panzer_unit
Jul 30, 2007, 03:38 PM
The Gigush combo doubles the ATP on Gigush, including grinds. Gigush +10 = 413 ATP. Times two, that's as good as an S-rank sword for raw ATP.

All you can do is make a LOT of gigushes and just work on the ones 20% or better... hope one of 'em makes it to +10. At least it's really cheap compared to doing the same for Caliburns lol. I didn't have the time or energy for that, so my fire and dark +10s are crap % ... still pretty good damage tho.

MayLee
Jul 30, 2007, 03:39 PM
I see, thanks for the info yet again.

Xaeris
Jul 30, 2007, 03:52 PM
On 2007-07-30 13:38, panzer_unit wrote:
The Gigush combo doubles the ATP on Gigush, including grinds. Gigush +10 = 413 ATP. Times two, that's as good as an S-rank sword for raw ATP.

This is the part of the thread I read and didn't agree with. For one, pedia has melee set bonuses listed as a 25% bonus to your total ATP, ATA and DFP. Of course, that's only as good as a wiki, so to offer my own personal experience, my nafli-zashi isn't nearly as weak compared to a shiratsuno as it would be if its ATP were only doubled. Similarly, the Gudda Gants my PT uses with Rabol Gants aren't nearly as broken as they would be.

I guess it's possible that the Gigush combo is just tooled to a different formula, but it seems odd that they'd make just one exception for it.

panzer_unit
Jul 30, 2007, 04:16 PM
The wiki's not completely right. For one, you get a MST bonus from what I've seen.

I tested gigush set damage at +5, +7, +9, +10 ... it's weapon ATP * 2 I'm pretty sure. 25% ATP and 100% weapon ATP were both valid hypothesis at middle grind levels, but only 100% weapon ATP predicted the proper damage at +8 and above.

You have Rabol Gant? Dammit. I want that.

EDIT: trusting the wiki "one set bonus to rule them all" information is what led to so much "lol gigush set sucks" back in the day... because it's the one set that spectacularly sucks with the listed bonus. Not surprising at all ST changed the rules to make it pretty awesome.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: panzer_unit on 2007-07-30 14:18 ]</font>

Xaeris
Jul 30, 2007, 04:22 PM
Two actually. One Dark, one Fire. I was amazed that I got two successes on one armor board, but shoot, I'm not complaining; thing's a pain in the arse to find.

At any rate, I'm sure it's not x2 for the Gant combo, but it would make sense that the combo equation for an A grade is different from that of a C grade. I guess I have some math to do. Whee, science.

APEXi
Jul 30, 2007, 04:30 PM
always wanted to see someone use a gigush+10 w/ the armor.. actually, dont think i've ever seen anyone using a gigush w/ the armor period. period

str898mustang
Jul 30, 2007, 05:51 PM
Set bonuses are awesome. I used the Nafri-senba/ Nafli-zashi combo. I had 50% Fire, 50% Light, 50% Ground, and 38% Lightning Naflis. The 50% Naflis did same damage as a 44% 7* single dagger.

Kion
Jul 30, 2007, 07:04 PM
^ with my nafli set i hit for the same as a 9* or more and it's insanely cheap as I bought the armor for 200k and then i was able to mass produce nafli-zashis for 100k. So for 300k I eccentially have a 30% 9* dagger of every element. Is it worth it? All signs point to yes.

ChaosStrike
Jul 30, 2007, 07:08 PM
So my question is, If Gigush line doubles ATA then how do sets like the Phantom and The Agena set because I am sure that the ATA doesn't double or else I'd be doing like 250+ a throwing blade with my Agena-Kikami.

panzer_unit
Jul 31, 2007, 12:11 AM
The set bonus is bigger when low-rank weapons are involved. They're not all the same.

Tsavo
Jul 31, 2007, 05:18 PM
Having picked up the armor last night I too can atest to its greatness. My 26% light gigush has 6 grinds and is on par with my 12% caliburn of the same element. I've got a 50% gigush at +4 that does about 45-50 more points of damage per swing than caliburn as well, though I'm deathly afraid of touching it with another grinder. If you're going to go with the set I suggest picking up a bunch of 20% ice gigushes from GRM, makes things alot easier.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tsavo on 2007-07-31 15:43 ]</font>

panzer_unit
Jul 31, 2007, 07:55 PM
I've got a +10 Gigush for every element now. Fire and Dark are kinda crap, 10% and 14%, the rest are 20~24% and really deal some beefcake damage. If I remember right, the ATP on gigush w/ set bonus passes Hanzo at +6, Jogiri at +7, Caliburn at +9, and Caliburn+10 at +10.