PDA

View Full Version : PSU player database

DurakkenX
Jul 30, 2007, 05:07 PM
Over the weekend i started to learn how t use MySQL, fairly simple, just never took the time to learn before.... anyways I was thinking of creating database for palyers to use to report on players, post their character information, and post their trade/want list... also implementing a search engine to display the highest and/or lowest priced items of items listed...

Anyways...before i go through all the work to create this...anyone think that this would work?

APEXi
Jul 30, 2007, 05:08 PM
go for it, put me down as a beta-tester if you'd want/need one

creativehope
Jul 30, 2007, 05:09 PM
I think its a step in the right direction

DurakkenX
Jul 30, 2007, 05:30 PM
well see one of the things i'd make a necessity is ID# be given and also there is the fact that some could abuse this by posting things that are rather bad about people that are good people

APEXi
Jul 30, 2007, 05:32 PM
hey, drinking too much water can kill you. point is, there's always a downside to everything.

creativehope
Jul 30, 2007, 05:32 PM
lol thats why I said its a step in the right direction. It isnt perfect but as long as its goal is to help the community flourish then I am all for it

Retehi
Jul 30, 2007, 05:40 PM
Not gonna lie. Voted for "If someone else did it...". I'll leave it at that.

RappyRobot
Jul 30, 2007, 05:53 PM
not a good idea. it'll just be a another place for ppl to complain about players. whether you take ids or not it still is a bad idea. posting about other players is just stupid. ppl are petty , and will bitch and complain non-stop about a player who quote on quote took a rare or something stupid like that...lol not to mention we already have something like that its called pso-world. and your posting on it right now http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

ps do u really think posting price lists are going to bring prices into control or help ppl determine what things are worth. well it wont. so again bad idea http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

ThEoRy
Jul 30, 2007, 05:59 PM
Im still waiting on that psu card battle game dammnit! let's get crackin here durakken....

Garnet_Moon
Jul 30, 2007, 06:02 PM
What's wrong with this forum?

jayster
Jul 30, 2007, 06:18 PM
I like the idea. Go for it! Ill submit any information you need.

Esufer
Jul 30, 2007, 06:58 PM
On 2007-07-30 16:02, Garnet_Moon wrote:
What's wrong with this forum?

Kylie
Jul 30, 2007, 07:09 PM
Go for it, I say.

DaRkWoLf30
Jul 30, 2007, 08:41 PM
Go for it, I can help with whatever is needed.

BanF
Jul 30, 2007, 09:00 PM
Bad idea. Many people will just use the deebee for bragging purposes, and some will even feed you inflated stats just for that purpose. Apart from starting fights, the data won't really be useful for anything beyond arranging maybe a couple of sells/trade. Not to mention the time spent actually capturing the data (depending on the amount of it you receive) and some will even take issues with you if you make a mistake or take some time capturing it.

Just a headache waiting to happen for no reward or satisfaction, man; not worth the effort at all.

RappyRobot
Jul 30, 2007, 09:50 PM
On 2007-07-30 19:00, BanF wrote:
Bad idea. Many people will just use the deebee for bragging purposes, and some will even feed you inflated stats just for that purpose. Apart from starting fights, the data won't really be useful for anything beyond arranging maybe a couple of sells/trade. Not to mention the time spent actually capturing the data (depending on the amount of it you receive) and some will even take issues with you if you make a mistake or take some time capturing it.

Just a headache waiting to happen for no reward or satisfaction, man; not worth the effort at all.

pretty much what i said lol. just nicer way of saying it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif (I notice the only ppl who are agreeing are eleetist players lol...u know what i mean http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif )

DurakkenX
Jul 31, 2007, 08:15 AM
On 2007-07-30 19:00, BanF wrote:

You can't "inflate" stats as they'd all be based on known stats and all you'd be able to enter is your levels, not the stats... this means some of the stats wouldn't be listed unfortunately...

also as far as the trade thing... what would be done is you could do a search for a specific item, element, % and then you would get a result listing of what items matching those results are available including the player id#, a way of contact that person, and their rating (rated by other players), whether a person chooses to look at those rating is their decision... also whether the item is on 360 or pc/ps2 would have to be on there...

speaking of which does anyone know if ID numbers are for all systems or server specific?

amtalx
Jul 31, 2007, 08:19 AM
Good idea, but it's going to be a lot of work.

DurakkenX
Jul 31, 2007, 08:42 AM
On 2007-07-30 15:59, Octagon wrote:
Im still waiting on that psu card battle game dammnit! let's get crackin here durakken....

no artists were willing to do it so no way of going ahead with it ^.^

Reipard
Jul 31, 2007, 12:14 PM
Depends on what you'd be willing to use the database for, honestly. I think it'd be a great way to find people on PSU, especially if you include a 'Looking for...' or 'Doing...' column.

I say it is worth trying, but I would think it over a little longer. You might want to start with a smaller project using MySQL and branch out from there before you even try this.

DurakkenX
Jul 31, 2007, 04:45 PM
maybe, maybe not