PDA

View Full Version : PSU-XBox 360: Real Hand Gun Demo Weekend Event

A2K
Jul 30, 2007, 05:41 PM
http://www.phantasystaruniverse.com/community_xboxdemo.php

I simply assumed since they had run out of Sonic statues to give away that Knuckles event would be the last, but, then, here we are.

Keep things civil. Console flamers will be shot on sight.

DikkyRay
Jul 30, 2007, 05:43 PM
All i can say is, it is much better coming from this perspective.

creativehope
Jul 30, 2007, 05:45 PM
THANK YOU, this is a god send. so when do we see the twin real hand gun and the real hand spear. I'd like to use those 2

oooWaveooo
Jul 30, 2007, 05:49 PM
dammit i was gonna send my 360 in for repair that weekend too. guess it will have to wait till the monday after now

haruna
Jul 30, 2007, 06:20 PM
Wave, if you have a friend with a 360, you can do Account Recovery on it and play the demo there.

White_Mage
Jul 30, 2007, 06:21 PM
wat rank is the gun? >.>

Jaspaller
Jul 30, 2007, 06:24 PM
Apparently B
http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu/1/654/real_hand_gun/

HateName351
Jul 30, 2007, 08:14 PM
On 2007-07-30 15:43, DikkyRay wrote:
All i can say is, it is much better coming from this perspective.

Say that in prison when Bubba is lubing you up.

Either way you look at it you are getting screwed.

At least now we know there is something max meseta can't buy you....and that is a real handgun

Deus-Irae
Jul 30, 2007, 08:18 PM
ew "real" weps. hideous.

its cool that 360 is getting these events though. hopefully it draws interest (from people who like ugly gimmick weapons. :/)

DreamLocke
Jul 30, 2007, 08:24 PM
nice...I missed out on Knuckles last time. I'm not too much of a fan of room decos anyway.

Gryffin
Jul 30, 2007, 08:29 PM
Well, fellow PC'ers. I guess we have to wait 'til hamburger helper's birthday to get ours.

BeastlyMike
Jul 30, 2007, 08:31 PM
On 2007-07-30 18:29, Gryffin wrote:
Well, fellow PC'ers. I guess we have to wait 'til hamburger helper's birthday to get ours.

Hahahahahahhahahahhahahaaahhaaa!

Ryno
Jul 30, 2007, 08:33 PM
At least I have 3 gold accounts and 3 guardians.
Looks like i'm going to get three of those http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
Since I have 3 accounts http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

biggabertha
Jul 30, 2007, 08:34 PM
Could one person actually get the Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and the Real Hand Gun on the same account without trading with himself/herself on different accounts?

Either way, this is great news! Now then... Who's going to have the guts to grind this weapon to (10) ?

BeastlyMike
Jul 30, 2007, 08:37 PM
On 2007-07-30 18:33, Ryno wrote:
Looks like i'm going to get three of those http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
Since I have 3 accounts http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Why do you have so many accounts?

Ryno
Jul 30, 2007, 08:40 PM
On 2007-07-30 18:37, BeastlyMike wrote:

On 2007-07-30 18:33, Ryno wrote:

Why do you have so many accounts?

to get the sonic statues and 3 frying pans even tho i dont use it. LOL

hmm.. i could be selling it for meseta..lol

But yes time to play the beta again 6 times.

Siertes
Jul 30, 2007, 08:53 PM

HAHAHA! That post made my day!

BanF
Jul 30, 2007, 08:55 PM
Something actually useful for a change; nice, even if it's a B rank.

beatrixkiddo
Jul 30, 2007, 10:12 PM
Oh are you kidding me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

McLaughlin
Jul 30, 2007, 10:27 PM
On 2007-07-30 18:34, biggabertha wrote:
Could one person actually get the Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and the Real Hand Gun on the same account without trading with himself/herself on different accounts?

Either way, this is great news! Now then... Who's going to have the guts to grind this weapon to (10) ?

Yeah. Participating in one Demo Weekend won't exclude you from the others. I've gotten everything except the Knuckles (I forgot to log onto the Demo that weekend >_>). found one for cheap though. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Birchum
Jul 30, 2007, 10:32 PM
Glad to see that ST is a bunch of microsoft fanboys, and are ignoring the population problems in the PC/PS2 servers.

We want our filling of hamburger helper too!

XDeviousX
Jul 30, 2007, 10:43 PM
Dumb looking novety weapons with ho-hum stats don't make me wanna jump out of my seat. I'm happy for xbox users that want this thing, but I won't lose any sleep over not getting this particular item...

It does suck that everyone on the PC/PS2 community get the shaft on these demo-events, lame as the items are for me personally, because its like we're the Meg Griffin of the PSU copmmunity in the eyes of ST...

Sinue_v2
Jul 30, 2007, 10:58 PM
On 2007-07-30 16:20, haruna wrote:
Wave, if you have a friend with a 360, you can do Account Recovery on it and play the demo there.

What? No.

When you send your console in for repair, you only send the console itself. You don't send the HDD. So all you have to do is take your HDD over to a friends house, pop it on their 360, watch a movie while it downloads and then play for a few minutes. You don't have to do an account recovery - it will assume the new Xbox is the same as your old one in all noticeable regards except for DRMs. Even then, as long as you're signed into Xbox Live everything will work fine .

Aralia
Jul 30, 2007, 11:35 PM
So lame...

PC/PS2 gets the shaft again.

Makes me wonder how the hell ST plans to get the PC/PS2 users these items...

"Happy Birthday Master Hand/Crazy Hand!" ...?
Yeah, prolly not, but still...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~_____~~~n__
I still want my rocker spear... 0=======[____]===[ 3_

ChaosStrike
Jul 30, 2007, 11:37 PM
I want a REAL HANDGUN!!!!!!! Gives me something to do when I stun a Vahra and gets behind it : )

mvffin
Jul 31, 2007, 01:46 AM
xbox gets free stuff, pc gets easy mode. sounds pretty fair to me.

Garnet_Moon
Jul 31, 2007, 01:54 AM
On 2007-07-30 23:46, mvffin wrote:
xbox gets free stuff, pc gets easy mode. sounds pretty fair to me.

Please elaborate on this so-called "easy mode".

If it's what I think you mean, then people still stick to the old way and actually carry certain items like they used to. Very rarely do they not, even with that update.

As for free promo items... well, that's nice, but the 360 doesn't need any boost to their population. The PC/PS2 server does. I really don't want to agree to that microsoft fanboy statement in regards to ST, but i'm finding it harder and harder not to as time goes on and more and more demos are released.

Sure, we got a Sonic Statue from an event, but so did y'all, in addition to the demo.

They should really concentrate on promoting the PC side rather then the already-saturated-with-people-360 version.

Regardless, we'll get it on the PC in a few months. It's not that big a deal, but it's the principle of the thing. If they don't give a damn about our population on our servers, they should just cancel support for them, refund ALL of our money from day one, and tell us to either get the JP PC version or go buy a 360 and the game and join up with them.

This is absolute bullshit at its finest.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2007-07-31 00:00 ]</font>

godpantsminus
Jul 31, 2007, 02:22 AM
Has PC/PS2 gotten anything else that was used as a demo gimmick on 360? Tails, Amy, Knuckles, this is idiotic. When we're not getting shafted because we're not Japanese, we're getting shafted because we're on the wrong system? To think I annoyed my local game store for nearly a week to get this game...

Desecration
Jul 31, 2007, 02:42 AM
wow, I didnt realise I was playing PSOBB.

landman
Jul 31, 2007, 03:35 AM
I hardly see that event promoting the game for the xbox 360 users, instead it looks as if they want to promote this version to the other system users, because you can't see any add in the 360 dashboard/demo and I doubt any non PSU player visits the website... Or maybe they just want the demo to be populated at least a weekend per month so people who is playing it have contact with players of the retail version or something like that...

Another possibility is that they don't want to lose 360 users now that other options will be released (two worlds, and don't know when conan MMORPG will be released)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: landman on 2007-07-31 01:43 ]</font>

SabZero
Jul 31, 2007, 08:06 AM
At least make the materials and boards drop after the demo event on PC/PS2 servers. Like fluorescent bulbs, they aren't even rares WTH.

SStrikerR
Jul 31, 2007, 08:41 AM
i say screw ST cuz this is bullshit >_>

kevington
Jul 31, 2007, 09:50 AM
This is great news! I was hoping for the NiGHTS statue next, but I'll take a Real Handgun. I wonder if this means we're getting the Real Spear next?

McLaughlin
Jul 31, 2007, 10:15 AM
The bold text! Eet doez nos-sing!

pikachief
Jul 31, 2007, 12:03 PM
i hope we get the twin real hangun G next!! ya know the S rank one http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

cuz if the real weapons are 360 only that means we get free S ranks and u dont (hand spear S and hand gun G)

also i got someone to give me theirs because they cant stand the BOING! sound it makes when u shoot XD

Akaimizu
Jul 31, 2007, 12:12 PM
Heh heh. As much as I'd LOOOOVE to have an S-rank Twin Handgun weekend, I'd rather they just have it out there for me to acquire. Being handed your first major S-rank for your class just seems a bit anti-climatic.

As far as my character is concerned.....gimme gimme.

dudeanonymous
Jul 31, 2007, 12:22 PM
I don't like how sega is only giving that wep to 360...I really hate it...Sega why do you gotta fuck us PC/PS2 people over like this?

pikachief
Jul 31, 2007, 12:41 PM
On 2007-07-31 10:22, dudeanonymous wrote:
I don't like how sega is only giving that wep to 360...I really hate it...Sega why do you gotta fuck us PC/PS2 people over like this?

mabey they know that PC is dead so they want ya'll to move over here http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Akaimizu
Jul 31, 2007, 12:44 PM
Well, it's that demo thing all over again. I didn't realize that having the demo on marketplace was going to have such a difference in special offers. Then again, it's probably the cheapest and easiest method for them to have a demo and advertise it since it seems they don't want to spend money and distribute it any other way. Seems like everybody else uses the money, puts out demo disks in store kiosks, and does special offers there.

Feelmirath
Jul 31, 2007, 01:08 PM
I couldn't give a damn about the Real Hand Gun- I can mess with that offline when I want to >_>

What I DO want are demos for PC/PS2... y'know, so we can have an actual population with, zomg, people in more areas than just Kego Clearing!

DreamLocke
Jul 31, 2007, 01:18 PM
Meh, I just saw the stats on that real handgun. Oh, well...it might be fun to carry around for laughs.

Oh, how I hate that demo though, so many spammers. Oh, wait, play on 360 so I can't really get away from spammers anyway lol. At least there are less pr0n solicitors on the main servers.

Marik
Jul 31, 2007, 02:06 PM
Aww, too bad I plan to quit this week. I wish it had came out sooner.

Garnet_Moon
Jul 31, 2007, 03:43 PM
On 2007-07-31 01:35, landman wrote:
Another possibility is that they don't want to lose 360 users now that other options will be released (two worlds, and don't know when conan MMORPG will be released)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: landman on 2007-07-31 01:43 ]</font>

No amount of gimmicks or promotions or free items will keep someone from Halo 3, or whatever other 360 games are coming out soon. Especially if it's from PSU.

Try again.

VanHalen
Jul 31, 2007, 04:48 PM

HAHAHA.
Well maybe we'll get something next time. (I hope)

Sinue_v2
Jul 31, 2007, 04:49 PM
The Real Hand Gun is a pretty lame weapon anyhow. I dunno why people are getting all pissy over it. Found one offline, fired a couple shots, and promptly tossed it in storage never to be seen again.

Then again, I have no idea why people got all stressed out on run after run after run, sometimes ruining friendships and backstabbing each other just to get a fucking BlackHeart unit.

I swear, people would be frantically crawling all over each other even to get AIDS - just so long as it came in a red box and dropped from a rare monster.

Jet1337
Jul 31, 2007, 07:36 PM
Wow, a mod had the nerve to delete the 4th and 5th pages. What a way to ruin the fun, mr. moderator!!!

Rashiid
Aug 1, 2007, 12:30 AM
On 2007-07-31 13:43, Garnet_Moon wrote:

On 2007-07-31 01:35, landman wrote:

No amount of gimmicks or promotions or free items will keep someone from Halo 3, or whatever other 360 games are coming out soon. Especially if it's from PSU.

Try again.

Halo 3 is a completly different crowd.
bloodshed/n00b slaying crowd.

mainly competition

PSU is for ppl that enjoy just having fun and getting cool things.
community-based.

and i know these demos are working; uni 1/2 are now full just about every day; not just later-day.

expansion will bring MAD ppl over.

Halo 3 wont have a massive effect to this game; say to like it would Gears of War or Rainbow Six: Las Vagas

360NyTeMaRe
Aug 1, 2007, 12:32 AM
I got the Real Handgun and Twin Real Handgun by getting S rank on some of the Chapter 6 (I think) missions in Story Mode, and whenever you shoot it, it goes "Wakka"

Rashiid
Aug 1, 2007, 12:34 AM
yeah this gun is rather annoying.

list of annoyingness;

1) Real Handguns
2) Vahra Claws
2.5) kids that screeeeeeeeeeeeem
3) Kitty Claws
4) CAPZ LOL
5) Sori-Senbas >.<

360NyTeMaRe
Aug 1, 2007, 12:52 AM
For me it's

1) Real Handgun
2) Vahra Claw
3) Sweet Death
4) Wires to my surround sound that allow these sounds to be MORE annoying
5) Any claws like Kitty Claws, Bearclaws, Snowy Claws

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 360NyTeMaRe on 2007-07-31 22:53 ]</font>

D1ABOLIK
Aug 1, 2007, 01:37 AM

LMFAO

________
Hino Profia (http://www.toyota-wiki.com/wiki/Hino_Profia)