PDA

View Full Version : Everyone Ready for Population Changes?

Shou
Aug 1, 2007, 01:00 AM
It's August and school is about to start! is everyone ready? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

I wonder how many empty universes PSU will have during the weekdays on the PC/PS2 servers? maybe we will break a world record of less than 200 people for an entire day http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Also I wonder if a full universe will be filled on weekends because that might be the only time people have off to play.

Rashiid
Aug 1, 2007, 01:25 AM
im ready since i was on this while skool was still goin. so im used to it

beatrixkiddo
Aug 1, 2007, 01:34 AM
lol, school. :>

Lyrix
Aug 1, 2007, 01:41 AM
i got on during school and had plenty of time to get to a good level in a few days XD

beatrixkiddo
Aug 1, 2007, 01:49 AM
I only have school Tuesdays and Thursdays this fall :3

Rashiid
Aug 1, 2007, 01:51 AM
im not gonna lie; at 1st glance; i thought this topic said 'Everyone Ready for Photon Charges?'

and i was liek 'SAY WAHHHHH?'

Phantomface
Aug 1, 2007, 01:54 AM
pfft, school is optional if you try hard enough

ljkkjlcm9
Aug 1, 2007, 02:20 AM
I played more when I was at school >.>

THE JACKEL

Melora
Aug 1, 2007, 04:40 AM
yea psu is a good way of procrastinating school work. i prefer to spend my holiday with my friends.

Tekershee
Aug 1, 2007, 05:04 AM
Is this some America thing?

In England, holidays just started for 5-6 weeks :/

And for me, my break is from June - October. (lol uni)

Realmz
Aug 1, 2007, 05:21 AM
my college classes are year round so it never makes much difference to me

Whackedcougar
Aug 1, 2007, 05:35 AM
I was gonig to say until Tekki did, I'm only on my 2nd week of my holiday. We go back in september.

Shiro_Ryuu
Aug 1, 2007, 06:48 AM
Well, I'm not sure since I'll have to study hard because I'll have to get my GPA up to 3.0 so that I can partake in a one-year study abroad program in Japan.

amtalx
Aug 1, 2007, 06:49 AM
I played waaaay more when I was still in college. Even with 20-some credits that's only about 4-5 hours of classes a day with no commute (if you live on campus.) Now I have and 8-9 hour work day with about 35 minutes of commuting time. You can also miss a class if you're tired... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Hell, when PSOX was released I was on 15-17 per day and still attending all my classes.

Mystil
Aug 1, 2007, 07:06 AM
On 2007-08-01 03:04, Tekershee wrote:

It varies from state to state. Some states have year yound school years, while others have longer vacations than others. In Georgia, ours starts at May 26th and ends around the 3rd week of August.

DurakkenX
Aug 1, 2007, 07:10 AM
On 2007-08-01 03:04, Tekershee wrote:

american school system is built around summer and christmas being incredibly important so most people get used to not having classes during then... and this goes into college classes which get excelerated...

so where almost everyone else has seasonal breaks that are more evened out we have 3 months of summer break, a month christmas/winter break, 2 week spring break, and no fall break... and spring break comes in the middle of the 2nd semester while the 1st semester ends the day before christmas/winter break...

as far as i have heard about every other school system is they have 3-5 week break every few months which divide the school year into quarters...

So in america there is a much more defined difference between grades as far as i can tell...with the 3 month break between grades it becomes a bit more, "i'm of a higher grade now so better than everyone else" sensability more so than the "just another year" sensability with many other school systems.

College is america is also just an extension of highschool really, while what i have been told of british college it is actually higher education, as so it is in Japan.

also american education focuses more on general education while most other education systems focus on a specific topic with little branching... they also go more on understanding rather than memorization.

Kuya
Aug 1, 2007, 07:22 AM
Being married - I only have the choice of playing at work now. Seriously http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

CelestialBlade
Aug 1, 2007, 07:54 AM
I start my internship back up this Fall. If anything, I'll have *more* time to play. I've been in class all summer.

Mayu
Aug 1, 2007, 08:18 AM
A month

-.-

DaRkWoLf30
Aug 1, 2007, 09:27 AM
Hmm i still got a month left of vacation xD

JAFO22000
Aug 1, 2007, 09:52 AM
I speak on behalf of all the over 30 posters here when I say:

HEL YEH! It's about time!

On 2007-08-01 05:10, DurakkenX wrote:
College is america is also just an extension of highschool really, while what i have been told of british college it is actually higher education, as so it is in Japan.

Yes, if you attended a college with "Community" or "ITT" in the title, this may be true. Otherwise, the US has the best college/university system in the world, hands down. England has some prestigious schools, but nowhere near as many as we have. I'm not sure about Japanese schools, but I've never heard anyone of any importance in the Western World who attended Tokyo University or Kobe Tech....why do so many people from other countries obtain visas to attend college here? "USA, number 1!"

Sha Sha
Aug 1, 2007, 11:00 AM
Where I am in california we have year round schools for grade school. each "track" goes to school during different times so track "a" goes for 3 months then take one month off while they are on vacation another track comes back and takes there place.
jr high and high school are about normal tho. start sometime in august and end sometime in may maybe june dpeending

Gryffin
Aug 1, 2007, 11:03 AM
Basi, what day does school start?!

I don't remember my classes! I'll get lost! XD

Cort1984
Aug 1, 2007, 11:04 AM
it will be no different than last year so ya........

pikachief
Aug 1, 2007, 11:14 AM
mabey with less people i can finally get into uni 1 or 2!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Kion
Aug 1, 2007, 11:20 AM
On 2007-08-01 04:48, Shiroryuu wrote:
Well, I'm not sure since I'll have to study hard because I'll have to get my GPA up to 3.0 so that I can partake in a one-year study abroad program in Japan.

Be careful if you do that. My credits didn't transfer back from japan, so when I returned to the states, my home school almost made me repeat my junior year. I hade to make up for it by taking all of the core classes for junior and senior year (8 classes) to graduate on time. So be sure you talk to your school about details like that before you go.
All of the classes were piss easy tho, so I spent most of my time playing PSU during the school year http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Shiro_Ryuu
Aug 1, 2007, 12:28 PM
Yeah, I'm aware of that, but either way, college is the best time of my life, so I want to enjoy my college years. Oh yeah, and about American schools being the best. When I was in Japan, I had a friend from Taiwan who said that while he prefered life in Taiwan over America, he said that America had a better education system.
And for the record, Kyoto's Ritsumeikan University >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Tokyo University, and yeah, a biased opinion from a guy who's been in the Kansai region for the majority of the trip.

majorgamer55
Aug 1, 2007, 12:44 PM
yes i lvled less when im in school, but i still get to play alot even though, but its that the time that matters, its the people who dont really get on to make parties as much

RedMussel
Aug 1, 2007, 01:00 PM
Noooooooooo dont remind me, i dont wanna go back you cant make me:(

Cracka_J
Aug 1, 2007, 01:01 PM
not going to bother me much, universes will go nuts again in a couple months when aoi drops. besides I'm old and I work all day anyway. now you kiddies get your time slashed in half and have to play on my watch, lol.

MSAksion
Aug 1, 2007, 01:16 PM
WAAHHH - half my main priority one and two cards are starting;

1) H.S.
2) College
3) Real Jobs

So i dun know what to do.
*CURSES to those who are getting their lives in order @_@
*CHEERS to the rest of us who may actually find a RAREZ - No Scape Doll [B] Does not count as RED Rarez Sega!

RedX
Aug 1, 2007, 01:37 PM
The hell you talking about Shou? Majority of the time this game has been out has been during the school year. And really it's the same >.>

Para
Aug 1, 2007, 01:39 PM
The true elites know how to multitask. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Lyrix
Aug 1, 2007, 01:42 PM
On 2007-08-01 09:03, Gryffin wrote:
Basi, what day does school start?!

I don't remember my classes! I'll get lost! XD

as usual, the week of my birthday -.- and you're a moron >.>

Kylie
Aug 1, 2007, 01:44 PM
lol internetz

school doesn't really take a toll on games, imo

Ryno
Aug 1, 2007, 02:21 PM
On 2007-07-31 23:00, Shou wrote:
It's August and school is about to start! is everyone ready? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

I wonder how many empty universes PSU will have during the weekdays on the PC/PS2 servers? maybe we will break a world record of less than 200 people for an entire day http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Also I wonder if a full universe will be filled on weekends because that might be the only time people have off to play.

umm.. College doesn't start until the last week of august.

So we still have about 4 weeks left of Vac.

Nai_Calus
Aug 1, 2007, 02:29 PM
Pfft, wait until you start working. Then you'll really have no time.

Ryno
Aug 1, 2007, 02:34 PM
On 2007-08-01 12:29, Ian-KunX wrote:

??

actually I do work and go to college

Part time worker and part time student

Been at my job for 3 years

ben going to college for 4 years

and almost done with college...

that's why i havent been play PSU for 4 days.. because i'm getting prepapred for this fall semester

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryno on 2007-08-01 12:36 ]</font>

Mystil
Aug 1, 2007, 04:13 PM
On 2007-08-01 12:29, Ian-KunX wrote:

I work 40 hours a week and I have plenty time.

You got 2 jobs?

Nai_Calus
Aug 1, 2007, 04:37 PM
I work evenings, when people are actually on, come home as they're going to bed, do a bit of soloing and then go to bed, get up, do whatever it is I need to do before work that day, then go to work. What time I start varies widely, with the result that I end up having a fucked-up sleep schedule and on any given day may end up not doing anything other than work and sleep.

Somehow, though, I really don't think my comment was directed at people who are ALREADY WORKING. Duh? I'm talking to the HS/college people that aren't working who inevitably whine that, oh no, summer break is ending. XP

BanF
Aug 1, 2007, 06:57 PM
You also forgot to mention you're also targeting the PC/PS2 population. The 360's large enough there won't be a noticeable hit.

Sekani
Aug 1, 2007, 07:46 PM
On 2007-08-01 16:57, BanF wrote:
You also forgot to mention you're also targeting the PC/PS2 population. The 360's large enough there won't be a noticeable hit.

Halo 3 is gonna make a bigger dent than school will.

Garnet_Moon
Aug 1, 2007, 07:48 PM
Well, there goes the PC/PS2 servers.

Mystil
Aug 2, 2007, 07:17 AM
We are not going to suffer much, the low days will go back to being thursdays and tuesdays, and high days being Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon. Wednesday is in the middle.

On 2007-08-01 17:46, Sekani wrote:

Yes HALF of the population will fall off the earth for awhile.

LOL!

Dj_SkyEpic
Aug 2, 2007, 07:20 AM
I'll be ready, though I won't be playing as much either.
Hope I can find someone at least to be with when I actually do play.

Shardio
Aug 2, 2007, 12:59 PM
Wii, vacation from July 1st till half September. Gotta love the school system in lovely chocolate BELGIUM!

A2K
Aug 2, 2007, 02:01 PM
On 2007-08-01 17:46, Sekani wrote:

Maybe. Probably. I'm not so sure, though. People made the claim that the servers would be deserted when Gears of War came out, and that turned out to be entirely not the case. Halo 3 is a few magnitudes higher, hype-wise, I'd imagine, though.

DonRoyale
Aug 3, 2007, 12:14 AM
SHUTUP SHUTUP SHUTUP >:C

OK, sorry to sound like a Barbie doll with that, but when you have an IQ of 135, it's hard to cope with the idiots of high school when you have half the population hating you, and 90% of the population has an IQ of less than 90.

Gawd, I hate school. At least I can take retribution in the fact that because my school's so stupid, it can't bully properly. (Too bad they still try.)

Back on topic, I don't care if it does or not-I'm not here on school days, so it really isn't my problem. :>

Xaeris
Aug 3, 2007, 01:03 AM
Ah, adolescence. That magical time where I thought myself more intelligent than every other person around me for absolutely no legitimate reason at all. God, I sure don't miss it.

Shou
Aug 3, 2007, 02:19 AM
Instead of graduating early i am going to school both semesters but only taking 1-2 classes during each :3 ill ba able to have a part time job and still be able to hit up the club with my friends!! woot!! i havnt hardly been able to go at all this summer because of my job ;_; but that will all change soon. I cant wait! and also ill be turning 18 in 2 months !!!!! lots of woots!